Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 06:02:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DIVIDING OUR FAITH violates the principles of the Noble Quran

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DIVIDING OUR FAITH violates the principles of the Noble Quran  (Read 1040 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 28, 2006, 04:07:06 am »

BismEm

Excerpts from the lecture of late Brother Muhammad Tahir (commonly known as Brother Steve Rockwell) on Saturday 26 November, 2005 at ‘Call of the Minaret’ aired on Vision TV, Toronto.  Brother Steve was the student of the enlightened late Sheik Ahmed Deedat, and was officially appointed by Sheik Deedat as his successor.

Brother Steve was a revert with deep love for Islam and loyalty to the end.  May The Almighty grant him Paradise, ameen.  This brother found Christianity senseless with numerous deviations, divisions and making a joke of their Divine Scripture by writing and re-writing themselves into countless versions.

In this presentation he speaks of the Muslim society, as he was a bit distressed over the sectarian divisions named 'Sunnis' and 'Shiias' within the Muslims which is completely banned in the Divine Noble Quran which is and will remain original and intact forever, in Lawh Mahfooz (guarded tablet).   

The following wise words from Brother Steve  provide an excellent opportunity to those with depth and careful perception to appreciate the light of guidance still better.

Dividing our Faith:

Our imams and sheiks are responsible for the type of leadership they provide us.  Too many of them get away with giving incorrect guidance and it’s our responsibility to bring them to justice.  Such religious leaders often divide us through their thoughts and fatwas and carry us away from the originals of Islam and Allah’s commandments.  They divide Allah’s religion into sects and madhabs and tell their followers that they are different from other groups of Muslims, thus dividing and sub-dividing Allah’s religion.  But the days of blindly following the speeches of such imams and sheiks are over and we need to hold them responsible for the numerous divisions in our Faith today that has led to so much violence. 

Differences and divisions have gone to the extent that even during the Holy month of Ramadan, all Muslims often do not begin fasting on the same day, and neither do they always observe Eid-al-Fitr on the same day.  This is because each one follows their own group or imam, thus making a laughing stock of themselves before the world ! 

The situation in Iraq at present is a clear example of such deep divisions where Muslims are killing Muslims .. Sunnis killing Shiias and vice-versa.  Thus, we’ve become our own worst enemy.  For how long should the Ummah tolerate such violations ?  How much longer must the Ummah keep bleeding ?  How many more of our sisters must become widows or orphans ?  We claim we follow the Glorious Qur’aan and the beloved Prophet (Salallah Alayhi Wassalam), yet we are so oblivious even of the basic dictates of the Qur’aan and authentic prophetic traditions.  We see nothing wrong in shedding the blood of our own brothers and sisters .. this is the extent to which we've reduced ourselves through our own intolerance. 

"It is not for a believer to kill a believer unless (it be) by mistake.
Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is Hell for ever.  Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed him and prepared for him an awful doom."  [2:92 & 93]  ‘An-Nisa’

The Glorious Qur’aan says that entire mankind is a single community – the children of Adam.

"Lo! This your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.
And they have broken their religion (into fragments) among them, (yet) all are returning unto Us.
Then whoso doth good works and is a believer, there will be no rejection of his effort.  Lo! We record (it) for him."  [21:92-94] ‘Al-Anbiya’

So why is the hatred within the Muslim community so deep?  The Prophet had mentioned that we cannot enter Jannah unless we have Faith and we cannot have Faith unless we love each other. 

All those who embrace Islam carry a single ‘label’ - MUSLIM.  They all have one Allah, one Messenger, one Qur’aan and one Sunnah.  No matter which part of the world they belong to, that’s a geographical issue and has no importance.  They could be sunnis or shiias, reverts or born in Muslim families, makes no difference.  It's about time for the Ummah to wake up and realize that the beloved Prophet was neither a sunni nor a shiia nor a Hanifi nor a Malki, nor a Shafi.  He (pbuh) was simply a Muslim who had surrendered his purpose to Allah (The Most High).  Therefore, if someone inquires about the 'madhab' we follow, the appropriate response must be that we follow the madhab of Muhammad bin Abdullah (Salallah Alayhi Wasallam).  It must be made clear that those who are today dividing the Ummah into groups are committing a major sin, and the Glorious Qur’aan clearly tells us that we should have nothing to do with them.  Their affair is with Allah, and He will deal with them. 

"Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them.  Their case will go to Allah, who then will tell them what they used to do." [6:159] ‘Al-An’am’

"And lo! this your religion is one religion and I am your Lord, so keep your duty unto Me.
But they (mankind) have broken their religion among them into sects, each sect rejoicing in its tenets.
So leave them in their error till a time."  (23:52-54) 'Al-Muminin'

All we need to do is to ignore the ignorant and be firmly focused on the beautiful values of our Faith highlighting unity, peace, compassion and humility.

"And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate .."  [3:103] ‘Al-Imran’

The beloved Prophet (Salallah Alayhi Wasallam) said that we must want for our brethrens what we would want for ourselves.  He (pbuh) mentioned to his companions to overlook the superficial issues that divide them, and be focused on the important aspects that unite them. 

It’s an important responsibility of every Muslim to remember the above-mentioned verses of the Glorious Qur’aan and the last sermon of the beloved Prophet (pbuh), and reject all groups & sects that have divided and weakened the Ummah. 

JazekAllah Khair

Please also read "The warning of Allah for those who divide the Religion of Allah" and "Nationalism vs. Faith."

And another very significant related post: Madhabs (مَذَاهِب‎ )
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 04:11:15 am »

Very useful topic.  Unfortunately our ummah today is too lost to grasp such important ideologies.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:08:35 pm »

Somehow I never go around to responding but I've read this dynamic lecture many times and each time I've been deeply struck by the correctness of its logic.  Alhamdulilah.  I even sent it around to many in my mailing list - no less than 30 to 40 people.  Believe it or not, but I only got one reply of appreciation.  About a dozen wrote back expressing deep disagreement justifying sectarian aloofness, completely ignoring the Quranic quotes.  The rest didn't respond which could either mean disagreement, apathy or simply fearful of commenting despite of agreement which too is quite common considering the autocratic hold of the demagogues on the vulnerable and blind 'faithfuls.'  Neither of the three are much to be proud of.  Yet, I keep watching and hearing all such people asking Allah for guidance, progress, power and failure of their opponents.  What an amazing one-track perception they have!  They aren't just averse to the Quranic verses on divisions but the Quran's dictate on upholding justice and avoiding double standards angers them just as much.  They will point out the shortcomings of others loudly, use the harshest of words, curse and swear and hurl insults even on those of their own community who suggest rationality.  They condemn others for acts they've themselves been committing for ages deeming it correct.  Correct for themselves but wrong for others.  As if this isn't enough, they will pacify their guilt by making their own stories of forgiveness for themselves and punishment for others on the Day of Judgment!  This is the personality of the so-called 'Muslim' of today.  I call it the '2nd Islam.'

I'll explain what I mean by that.  At present we have 2 Islams in this world.  The 2nd one is a lot more popular.  The 1st Islam is the real one, the Divine Islam - original and pure, beautiful and compassionate, as revealed by Almighty Allah and conveyed by the beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  It lasted for only about 150 years (or perhaps 200 years at most), a very short period and pleasantly reminiscent of our glorious past in just about every walk of life.  Then came the period of the 9th, 10th, 11th century onward imams and clerics following the trend of the catholic church, using faith to achieve political motives and establishing changing social & legal infrastructures.  It became necessary to abandon the Glorious Quran and write new laws.  These new laws began coming up 'selling' like hot cakes and were given the name "hadith," to implement blind following, crush the approach of thinking & reflecting, yet being manipulative enough to link these new laws falsely to the Prophet to influence naive minds faster without any fear of rejection or revolt.  Thus began the era of the 2nd Islam - the forged and man-made 'islam.' 

Almighty Allah helps and guides those who make an effort to grow, not those who can barely look beyond arrogantly gloating in their own selfish pride.  Yet our ummah only keeps asking from Allah, without paying any heed to what He has asked from us.  Aren't we a bit too, too greedy?

For more information on the emergence of the '2nd islam' and the abandonment of the original Islam, read the brilliant article Hadith: A Re-evaluation.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 10:18:09 pm »

That's sooo true about first and second Islam.  ~~ sigh ~~  and it's sooo sad  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 01:54:09 am »

Another important Verse from the Quran warning us about the consequences of divisions and sectarianism which the Ummah has so dearly embraced.

"And be ye not as those who separated and disputed after the clear proofs had come unto them. For such there is an awful doom," (3:105)
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 08:16:55 am »

Recently me and my circle of friends decided that once every month we will arrange a lecture on the Quran at the home of one of our friends.  So far we've had 2 lectures.  The third one will be on the following Saturday.  Topic is 'the curse of sectarianism.'  That's why I needed to read this article again.  Thanks for putting it up.  It's really a very useful topic and this write-up is most comprehensive.  JazakAllah Khair.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 05:52:10 am »

Recently me and my circle of friends decided that once every month we will arrange a lecture on the Quran at the home of one of our friends.  So far we've had 2 lectures.  The third one will be on the following Saturday.  Topic is 'the curse of sectarianism.'  That's why I needed to read this article again.  Thanks for putting it up.  It's really a very useful topic and this write-up is most comprehensive.  JazakAllah Khair.

Maash'Allah brother ts, this is such a great idea.  May Allah (Subhana Wa'Tala) shower loads of blessings on you and your circle of friends for making such a wonderful decision.  We hear of friends and families of people making regular plans for so many activities of life e.g. going for picnics once a month, playing sports at least once a month, watching a movie at least once a month .. and most of these people never even think that they have never bothered to talk about Allah and thank Him at least once a month. 

InshAllah, I pray you and your friends are able to continue arranging this gathering at least once every month for a long time and earn lots of sawab from Allah, ameen.

Do keep giving us feedbacks for the useful matters you discuss. 

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 12:31:30 am »

Recently me and my circle of friends decided that once every month we will arrange a lecture on the Quran at the home of one of our friends. 

MashAllah, keep it up brother
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 08:54:23 pm »

As-Salam Alaykum everyone.   Returning to this very good thread after more than a decade. 

This is to mention, did any of you know, brother Steve Rockwell (his revert name Muhammad Twahir) passed away couple of months ago, first week of May 2020?

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 08:57:58 pm »

Walaikum Salam.    Really ??   I didn't know that.   Inna Lilahey Wa Inna Elahey Rajoun.    Very sad news.  How?   That must have been in the month of Ramadan.   
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 09:05:35 pm »

Yes it was in the second week of Ramadan.   I don't know how.  But I think he was ailing as he looked very weak and shrunken during the last one or two years of his life.  There wasn't any coverage nor mention of his death in the Muslim circles.  Only the site Iqra posted this news.   Prior to that  I first found the news by chance in the internet a week after the end of the month of Ramadan.   Someone put up a brief message titled "Remembering brother Steve" with a video of one of his lectures.  That's now learned about it.  The message mentioned he passed away in Niagara region at age 74, though he lived in Toronto as far as I know.

TO ALLAH WE BELONG AND TO HIM WE RETURN.   InshAllah, brother Steve was a sincere believer.  May Allah grant him Jannat, ameen ya Rab.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 09:10:07 pm »

Ameen ya Rab.    Very sad news indeed.   I also saw some images of his from 2017 and 2018.  He did look very shrunken almost unrecognizable ... he had clearly lost a lot of weight.   So who is now running Call of the Minaret Masjid?   Any information on that?

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 09:28:56 pm »

Walaikum As-Salaam.  Yes, I read about it also in Iqra a week after Eid al Fitr.  Inna Lilahe wa Inna Elahe Rajoun.   With so many preoccupations since the pandemic began, I completely forgot to mention it here.  My apology for that. Thank you for putting it up Sister Ruhi.   The cause of his passing isn't stated anywhere.   But quite sure he was unwell.   He had lost a lot of weight apparently and looked visibly ill compared to his former self.  Another sad part of this story is that the Masjid he established in downtown Toronto has closed after his death.  That's what I read in one of the google reviews.   That was really upsetting.   I hope the Masjid continued to run.  But obviously brother Steve didn't have any suitable successor to continue his very good work.  May Allah Almighty grant his Jannat.  Ameen.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2020, 09:59:43 pm »

So dismayed to learn the Masjid has closed.  The brother did have children and grandchildren.  I don't know why none of them took the responsibility to continue their father's / grandfather's hard work. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 09:12:42 pm »

إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ‎,   So sorry to know about brother Steve's passing.  I saw that link Sister Ruhi posted from Iqra with a photo of the brother.  He certainly looks very different from before, apparently unwell. I like what he once said "I have no long beard, and I don't wear an abaya, but I am a Muslim, what resides in the heart is important."

Are you sure Sheikh Deedat Mosque in Toronto closed after his death?   That would be another sad news.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: