Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation of MV Team where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
August 19, 2018, 09:52:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Lion and mother buffalo fight - awesome!

+-
Shoutbox
June 08, 2018, 08:49:28 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Leilatul Qadr 1439 (2018) on June 8. To learn about this great Night, read our posts on Leilatul Qadr @ this thread.
May 16, 2018, 04:03:41 am Ruhi_Rose: Ramadan Mubarak to u too brother and to everyone.  May Allah accept our efforts.  Ameen.
May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am N. Truth Seeker: Ramadan 2018 Mubarak to all.  Just finished sahoor, getting ready for Fajr.  Alhumdulilah.
November 09, 2017, 04:26:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: Please pray for Rohingya children. As genocide in Buddhist Burma continues, many Rohingya children arriving in Bangladesh camps don't know where their parents are. May the Burmese murderer-terrorist Su Kyi rot in Hell.
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lion and mother buffalo fight - awesome!  (Read 571 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:40:48 am »

Last evening my family and I were watching a jungle documentary on lions in which there was a fight between a lioness and a mother buffalo.  The lioness chased a herd of buffaloes and attacked a small buffalo.   It was amazing how promptly the baby buffalo's mother came to her young one's rescue and how persistently she kept attacking the lioness in return.  Eventually the lioness was given such a hard knock by the mother buffalo that the big cat was literally thrown away.  Tonight I made a search if I could find that video online and forutnately I did.  Click the link below to watch it.  It's really awesome.

http://www.indyarocks.com/videos/Lion-And-Mother-Buffalo-Fight-4695

Another amazing thing that is not shown in this video but we saw in the television of this same full-length documentary, the lioness hit by the mother buffalo's horns, later died .. apparently of severe internal injuries.

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:38:10 am »

Bravo!  this is truly awesome.  Normally one would expect the buffalo herd to give up and move on.  But this wasn't like that at all.  I'm amazed that the baby buffalo, despite struggling with a full grown lioness for a few minutes, appeared quite unhurt and trotted away with its mother after being freed.  But I'm not too surprised to know that the lioness died later.  When a big buffalo attacks with full force using its horns, the blow can be a shattering one even for something as strong as a lion or lioness.  Most probably, the lioness' vital inner organs received severe injuries causing internal bleeding.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

What a stunning brief thriller!  Shocked  Frankly, I enjoy reading about wildlife more than watching it on TV.  Some scenes in wildlife docs can be so gruesome that I often have to switch over to another channel till that gruesome scene is over.  I read that the wild buffalo (said to be 'one of the big five' of the African jungle) is the only animal that has a 'close-knit community' where the herd unites to stand together, if attacked.  Their heavy horns are well geared up for giving a ravaging head-butt to the commonest predator of the African jungle, the lion and lioness.  It's usually the lioness that hunts for her cubs and also for the lion.  Lions try to make good use of their title "king of the jungle" and are actually quite lazy.  A very amazing strategy for a buffalo herd to protect themselves and each other if attacked by a predator is, they quickly make a circle with their heavy horns protruding outside the circle.  Thus, the predator is simply unable to get close. 

This is nature created by the Almighty Allah, Alhumdulilah.

The wild buffalo
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:03:25 pm »

Thanks for liking this video and for informing further of some important jungle facts.  Btw, which animals are in the group of "big 5" other than the buffalo?  The other one must be the lion.  And the rest?
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 03:10:05 pm »

A very amazing strategy for a buffalo herd to protect themselves and each other if attacked by a predator is, they quickly make a circle with their heavy horns protruding outside the circle. Thus, the predator is simply unable to get close.
This is nature created by the Almighty Allah, Alhumdulilah.

My father was also an avid reader of wildlife stories.  He too told me about this self-defense buffalo strategy of a circle.  When they sense danger, they go into a circle fast, pointing their horns outside the circle and ready to give a blow, should any attacker come close.

I think the 'big 5 of African jungle' includes lion, cheetah (or leopard), elephant, rhino (or hippo) and buffalo.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:14:31 pm »

.. and I sent this to everyone in my mailing list.  just about everyone loved it  teethsmile
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: