Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 06:06:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The true dog and sheep story

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The true dog and sheep story  (Read 311 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:59:24 am »

Praise be to Allah! 

I'm sure all of you will love this story. 

It's a about an abandoned dog and sheep who developed such a strong bond that they literally became inseparable.  This was discovered couple of days ago in California, when a man driving to work in the morning saw a dog and a sheep trying to cross the road that headed toward a freeway. 

Read the complete story below.

Dog and sheep are characters in an unlikely love story

By Dennis McCarthy, Columnist

So there's this guy who owns a pizza joint in Sylmar driving to work Tuesday morning when he sees a dog and sheep walking down the street together.

No, it's not the start of a bad joke. It's a real love story.

And the dog and the sheep are now sharing a kennel at the animal shelter in Chatsworth waiting for their owner to come and claim them.

"We tried separating them, but the sheep started bleating and got all nervous," said kennel supervisor Christine Carr.

The tale of the errant pair started when John Caruso dropped off his son at school.

"As I'm driving away, I see this dog and sheep starting to cross the street at San Fernando Mission and Hayvenhurst heading for the freeway off-ramp," said  the owner of Caruso's Pizza in Sylmar.

"I couldn't believe it. People were blowing their horns, trying to stop them from walking up the off-ramp and onto the freeway."

So Caruso jumped out of his car and collared the German shepherd and put him in the back seat of his car.

He didn't even have to go back to get the sheep - she jumped in the car right after the dog.

"It was like wherever the dog was going, she was going, too," Caruso said.

At this point, though, Caruso - like most people - wasn't sure what to do with a dog and a sheep in his car.

And he needed to get to work.

So he headed to his grandmother's house in Granada Hills and dropped the animal duo off for safekeeping until he could figure out what to do.

"We put them on the side of the house where there's a gate," he said. "She was so excited. She lives alone.

"After school, my son and all his cousins came over and played with the dog and sheep. Wherever the dog went in the yard, the sheep followed him. You could tell they'd been together a long time.

"When I tried to pet the sheep, the dog let out a low growl, so I backed off," he said. "It was like it was OK for the kids to touch her, but not an adult.

"They spent the night together in the corner of my grandmother's yard."

On Wednesday morning, Caruso had a plan. And he packed the pair up - back into his car - and drove to the local animal shelter in Chatsworth.

"I walked in and told them I had a lost dog and sheep out in my car," Caruso said. "They thought it was a joke."

No, it wasn't a joke, the pizza man told the animal-control officers. All the shelter workers walked out to see.

"As far as I know, it's the first dog-and-sheep duo we've had," Carr said. "Very unusual. You can tell they're really bonded."

The shelter had one call Monday from someone wanting to know whether they had a dog and sheep in custody, Carr said.

"But he didn't leave any information so we couldn't call him back," she said. "We're hoping whoever owns these two sees your story and comes (to) get them."

So if you're missing a dog and a sheep with serious separation-anxiety issues, they're waiting for you at the animal shelter at 20655 Plummer St. in Chatsworth.

Go pick them up. Then give me a call so I can tell people how this love story began.

Source: Daily News
Also check Dog and sheep story to end happily

Pinterest
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shahidah

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 05:40:37 pm »

ahhi such a cute story, I would love to adopt a sheep.

I have two cats who are mother and son,  i dont think they would cope well if they were separated, even though they are at logger heads much of the time.  CatSmiley CatSmiley
They always fight then make up after they 've been fed and  petted etc.   but deep down they must love each other too.

I hope the dog and shhep are reunited soon with thier loving owner.
shahida
Report Spam   Logged
AceOfHearts

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 07:02:39 pm »

Thanks for posting this story here sister Zeynab. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 05:37:27 am »

Salaams sister Shahida.  Yeah, it's a real cute story.  When I read it, the first thing I said to myself was "I wish I had a house with a big, big yard" so I could get both of them here Smiley 

I have two cats who are mother and son,  i dont think they would cope well if they were separated, even though they are at logger heads much of the time.  They always fight then make up after they 've been fed and  petted etc.   but deep down they must love each other too.

Mother and son?  really?  that sounds so cute!  Smiley   You can be absolutely sure they love each other deeply despite the usual fights, and never even try to separate them for that would have a shattering affect on their psychology.  Many people wrongly think that animals have no sentiments or emotions.  The truth is that animals can be a lot more sensitive than many humans. 

I recall, several years ago there was a homeless stray cat that would come outside our kitchen door and we'd feed her daily.  Then she gave birth to a sweet little kitten in the garden.  One day the kitten became very sick.  We took her to the vet and then prepared a cosy corner for her inside the house.  The mother cat became so upset & restless that she never left the kitten even for a minute .. just like a human mom would care for her baby.  It was truly amazing to watch them.  Alhamdulilah.  The kitten finally recovered and grew up into another healthy and beautiful cat Smiley

I hope the dog and shhep are reunited soon with thier loving owner.

The owner hasn't turned up yet.  From what I gather, he was the person who abandoned them.  But there was no dearth of people desiring to adopt these two lovely animals.  Finally, I think, the owner of this animal shelter where the dog and sheep were taken has decided to adopt them.  They won't be separated, I'm sure about that.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:36:53 pm »

What a cute and inspiring story.  Sounds like one of those fairy tales, yet it's true and recent.  MaashAllah and Alhumdulilah.

We humans have so much to learn from animals

Thanks for this post, sister 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: