Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 20, 2024, 11:11:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The truth...

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The truth...  (Read 984 times)
Hadith_4_ever!

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:42:25 pm »

“By the star when it goes down, (or vanishes). Your companion (Muhammad SAW) has neither gone astray nor has erred. Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only an Inspiration that is inspired.”
(An-Najm 53:1-4)

Thus all that Muhammad (saw) has ordered is exactly what Allah Ordered. The purpose of the Messenger of Allah (saw) - is an example to be followed and he (saw) is the explainer of the Qur’aan and the rules, regulations and Laws of the Deen, as Allah stated:

“Indeed in the Messenger of Allâh (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allâh and the Last Day and remembers Allâh much.”
(Al-Ahzab 33:21)

“With clear signs and Books (We sent the Messengers). And We have also sent down unto you (O Muhammad SAW) the reminder and the advice (the Qur'ân), that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them, and that they may give thought.”
(An-Nahl 16:44)

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), has indeed obeyed Allâh, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a watcher over them.”
(An-Nisa 4:80)

And hence It is precisely from affirming the Absolute Supremacy of the Quran that one hears and obeys the Commands and Instructions of Allah and completely submits to it and thus consequently automatically leading the Believers to affirm believe and take the Sunnah/Hadith as a source of Islamic legislation as this is stipulated from the Quran itself and below are a few of the evidences:

"O you who believe! Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allâh and His Messenger (SAW), if you believe in Allâh and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination."
(An-Nisa 4:59)

“………………….And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it), and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Severe in punishment.”
(Al-Hashr 59:07)

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad SAW) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission."
(An-Nisa 4:65)

"It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allâh and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allâh and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error."
(Al-Ahzab 33:36)

"O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allâh and His Messenger (SAW), and fear Allâh. Verily! Allâh is All-Hearing, All-Knowing."
(Al-Hujurat 49:01)

"Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'ân and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)." But if they turn away, then Allâh does not like the disbelievers."
(Aali Imran 3:31-32)

"And obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and beware (of even coming near to drinking or gambling or Al¬Ansâb, or Al¬Azlâm, etc.) and fear Allâh. Then if you turn away, you should know that it is Our Messenger's duty to convey (the Message) in the clearest way."
(Al-Ma'idah 5:92)

“………………… And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a Messenger to mankind, and Allâh is Sufficient as a Witness He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), has indeed obeyed Allâh, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a watcher over them."
(An-Nisa 4:79-80)

“………………And let those who oppose the Messenger's (Muhammad SAW) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements, etc.) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.”
(An-Nur 24:63)

"O you who believe! Answer Allâh (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he (SAW) calls you to that which will give you life, and know that Allâh comes in between a person and his heart (i.e. He prevents an evil person to decide anything). And verily to Him you shall (all) be gathered."
(Al-Anfal 8:24)

“…………………..and whosoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), to abide therein, and that will be the great success. And whosoever disobeys Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and transgresses His limits, He will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein; and he shall have a disgraceful torment.”
(An-Nisa 4:13-14)

The Necessity of Adhering to the Sunnah in Matters of Belief and Laws -from the above evidences from the Quran clearly attest that adhering to the Sunnah, and all what the Prophet (saw) has decreed, is absolutely necessary

To reject/Deny the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (saw) is nothing but utter disbelief and apostasy and the fact that the Sunnah is apart of our Religion is a sufficient Proof that Allah would Preserve it until the Day of Judgment.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:34:30 pm »

"Necessity of Adhering to the Sunnah in Matters of Belief and Laws -from the above evidences from the Quran clearly attest that adhering to the Sunnah, and all what the Prophet (saw) has decreed, is absolutely necessary

To reject/Deny the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (saw) is nothing but utter disbelief and apostasy and the fact that the Sunnah is apart of our Religion is a sufficient Proof that Allah would Preserve it until the Day of Judgment."

Salaam Alaikum and thanks again for the excellent Quraanic quotes.  Also, referring to your previous post, I again have to remind you that the beauty of these verses are NOT to be connected to "sunnah," a term which the Prophet (pbuh) never even used in his lifetime.  The Quraanic verses are to be read and followed on the basis of their own values.  The Quraan is not dependent upon the interpretations of the clergy in the name of "sunnah" or hadith.  This is a later development, just like the People of the Scriptures brought their own man-made laws, ignoring the original Divine Laws. 

At best, the people who could practically follow the Prophet (pbuh) were his (pbuh) contemporaries i.e. those who lived in the Prophet's lifetime.  Even then, like I have already stated many times before, following the Prophet (pbuh) in his lifetime was strictly conditional with the Prophet's conduct & instructions being in compliance with the Quraan.  And of course, the Prophet meticulously followed the Laws of the Quraan.  This is as much as can be said for those who were the Prophet's contemporaries. Now, however, the beloved Prophet has passed away and is no more among us.  Hence, in the absense of the Prophet in person, if we really want to adhere to the authentic teachings of the Prophet, we have to follow the Quraan .. NOT the writings of imams.  This would definitely lead to fabrications and lies, which is precisely what is happening at present.  Following these human writings would be a repetition of history, just as the Jews & Christians did with their faith.  The only difference is that they (Jews & Christians) brought these man-made laws directly into their Divine Scriptures and thus distorted the Divine Scriptures.  As for the Muslims, the imams have not had the courage to tamper with the Noble Quraan because Allah has Himself taken the responsibility of protecting it by saying that the Glorious Quraan is in a "guarded tablet."  Therefore, being unable to touch the Quraan, these imams have found a separate channel for implementing and circulating their laws - the Hadith. 

Thanks and peace
Report Spam   Logged

Hadith_4_ever!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:22:58 pm »

You claim that Hadith or the Sunnah was never part of Prophet SWAS life, thats because he is the Sunnah. You make claims that during the time when Prophet SWAS lived and during the time of Abu Bakr and Umar (May Allah SWT be pleased with them) that no one was allowed to make notes on what Prophet SWAS said? Do you ponder as to why this was done? It was like when Abu Bakr said, whoever wants to worship Muhammad SWAS let them know that Muhammad is dead. The point is the Quraan at that time was not complied and Abu Bakr and others realised the danger in mixing the Sunnah with Quraan. So they didnt allow it until the Quraan was compliled. Did you ever think that this could be the reason? And what authority do you have in rejecting an entire history of work. So many Scholars who dedicated their whole lives to the deen and you just come along to wipe it off. Have you ever read the history as to why this mentality came about? The mentality of butt-kissing to the Kuffar?

Report Spam   Logged
Hadith_4_ever!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:26:55 pm »

Prehaps the words of Sheikh Muhammad Nâsir ad-Dîn al-Albânî will make you think for a few moments about the silly mindset that you have, or is he another one of your evil Scholars?

The Status of Sunnah in Islaam
by Shaykh Muhammad Nâsir ad-Dîn al-Albânî

Print Version | Back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

Praise be to Allah, Benediction and Peace be on the Messenger of Allah, his family, his companions, and his adherents.
This is a lecture which I delivered in the city of Doha, the capital of Qatar, in the blessed month of Ramadhan 1392 A.H. Some of my friends have suggested to me to publish my lecture on account of need of the Muslims to a work of its kind. In response to their request, I am printing it for general propagation on account of its advantage, having regard for the reminiscences and history. I have added some separate titles to assist the reader to collect the main ideas. I pray to Allah, the Mighty, the Glorious, to write me among those who defend the religion and those who help enact the law; and to reward me for it. Surely he is the most generous in responding to my prayer.
Damascus 22 Muharram-al-Haram 1394 A.H.

The Status of Sunnah in Islam - A Declaration that it cannot dispense with The Qur'an
All Praise be to Allah, we praise Him, seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the evils of our souls and evils of our deeds. One whom Allah guides, none can lead him astray, and one whom He misguides, none can guide him. I bear witness that there is no god [1] but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad (SAW) is His servant and His messenger.
  O you who believe. Fear Allah truly, and don't die except in a state of Islam. (3:102)
O Men fear your Lord who created you from one soul, and created its partner, and from them spread men and women in numbers. Take care, Allah will question you about it and the kinship. Surely, Allah is ever watchful of your deeds (4:1).

O those who believe. Fear Allah and say what is correct so that it fits you. He will forgive your sins. Whoever obeys Allah and His messenger that is a great achievement (33:70-71).

The best of speech is the speech of Allah. That is The Book of Allah. The best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. Of all matters, the worst are innovations; and everything new is an innovation, and every innovation is a deviation, and every deviation leads to Hell-fire.

I do not think that I will be able to offer this high ranking assembly - especially when there are distinguished ulama (scholars) and professors present - some knowledge which has not been dealt with before. If what I think is true, I will rest contented that my address will be a reminder, as it says in the Qur'an:" Remind, for the reminder would benefit the believers" (51:55).

I do not think that my talk in this blessed month of Ramadhan, the month of importance, is an exposition of something of its merits, rules and their practice, and the like, which generally the preachers and instructors touch on, on account of the benefit they give to the listeners, and procure for them good and blessing; but I have chosen my talk to be a study of a general nature, surely it is one of the roots of the Shari'ah (Islamic law). It is a declaration of the importance attached to the Sunnah in the Islamic law.

The Role of Sunnah Towards The Qur'an
You all know that Allah, The Blessed and Mighty, chose Muhammad (SAW) as His Prophet and picked him to deliver the final message. The Qur'an was revealed to him and commanded him to obey all what He had ordered him to do, that is, to expound His message to the people. Allah says, "We have revealed to you the Reminder (The Qur'an) to expound to people what was revealed to them "(16:44).
I think that the declaration mentioned in the verse contains two orders:

1. Declaration of the word and its arrangement. It is the communication of the Qur'an and its non-concealment, and its pursuit to Mankind just as Allah, The Blessed Almighty, has revealed to the heart of the Prophet (SAW) which is the intent of His saying:" O Messenger proclaim what is revealed to you from your Lord " (5:67). Sayyida Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said

"Whosoever says that Muhammad (SAW) concealed something which he was commanded to communicate, is is a great calumny against Allah." Then she read the abovementioned verse. (Bukhari and Muslim have stated it.)

And according to the narration of Muslim: "If the Messenger of Allah (SAW) had concealed something which he was commanded to communicate, he would have concealed the saying of The Almighty Behold thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour:

Keep your wife to yourself and fear Allah. But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest; you did fear the people, whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him (33:37)   

2. The explanation of the meaning of the word or sentence or verse for which man needs an explanation, most of which bear reference to 'Mujmal' (comprehensive) verses or 'Amah' (general) verses or 'Mutlaq' (unbounded) verses.

Then comes the Sunnah and clarifies the sentences and specifies the verses called 'Amah' and defines what is 'mutlaq' that is, in refernce to the saying (Qaul) of The Prophet (SAW), his deed (Fi'l) and the act he confirmed (Iqrar).

The necessity of Sunnah to understand The Qur'an and Parables on that
Allah says The male thief and female thief cut off their hands (5:38) is a fitting example of that. The thief in it is general like the hand.
The oral tradition explains the first of them and restricts it by 'as-sareq' (the thief) who steals something worth a fourth of a Dinar [2] according to the saying of the Prophet (SAW) There is no cutting - of the hand - unless the thing stolen is worth a fourth of a Dinar or more (Bukari & Muslim) the two shaikhs have recorded this Hadeeth.

Again, the other is explained by the action of the Prophet (SAW) or the action of his companions and his confirmation. They used to cut the hand of the thief from the wrist as is known in the work of Hadeeth. The oral tradition explains the hand mentioned in the verse on Tayammum (dust ablution) And rub therewith your faces and hands (5:6) is also the palm of the hand as is stated in a Hadeeth Tayammum is the wiping of the face and the hands recorded by the two shaikhs and Ahmad and others from a tradition reported by Ammar bin Yasir (may Allah be pleased with them).

There are other verses that cannot be completely understood except through Sunnah. They are:

1. It is whose who believe and confuse not their beliefs with wrong, 'dhulm' that are (truly) in security for they are on (right) guidance (6:82).

The companions of the Prophet (SAW) understood the word 'dhulm' in its general sense to mean every wrong doing, even if it be little. On this account the verse is regarded as dubious and they said, "O Messenger of Allah, which of us did not involve his faith with obscurity?" He (SAW) said; It is not that. It is only the 'shirk'(3). Have you not heard what Luqman said: Verily, 'shirk' is a very great sin (dhulm) (31:13). The two shaikhs have recorded it with others.

2. Allah says: When you travel on earth, there is no blame on you to shorten your prayer, for fear the unbelievers will persecute you (4:101). It is obvious from this verse that fear is a pre-requisite for the shortening of prayers. Some of the Prophet's companions asked him:

"Why do we shorten our prayers while we feel safe?" He said: It is a charity from Allah, so accept it (Muslim).

3. Allah says: The carcass and it's blood are forbidden to you (5:3). In explanation of this verse, the corpse of locusts, fish, the livers, spleen of blood are lawful. So the Prophet (SAW) said: He has made two dead things and blood lawful: the locusts and the fish, the liver and the spleen.

Baihaqi and others have recorded it as 'marfu' type of hadeeth as also 'mauquf' type. The 'isnad' od 'mauquf' is authentic and it is as good as 'marfu' tradition, since it is not stated in the form of a 'ra'y' (decision based on one individual's judgement not on Qur'an and Sunnah).

4. Allah says:

I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (food) forbidden to be taken by one who wishes to, unless it is dead meat or blood poured forth or the flesh of swine, for it is an abomination, or what is impious (meat) on which a name has been invoked other thatn Allah's (6:145).   

The Sunnah has forbidden many things not mentioned in the verse mentioned above, as for example in the saying of the Holy Prophet (SAW): All predatory animals with tusk and every bird with claw are forbidden for consumption. There are other traditions which have forbidden the consumption of such animals as the Prophet (SAW) is reported to have said on the Day of Khayber: Allah and His Messenger have prohibited the consumption of domesticated asses, for they are filth. The two shaikhs have reported it.

5. Allah says: Who has forbidden the adornment of Allah which He has produced for His servants, and the things clean and pure (which he has provided for sustenance) (7:32).

The Sunnah, too, has forbidden some adornments, and this is evident from the Prophet (SAW) who is reported to have met some of his companions, and had a silk garment in one hand, and gold in the other, and said: These are prohibited to Muslim males, lawful to females. The hadeeths in their interpretation are many and well known in both the authentic collections of hadeeths, and others and the like of many examples well known to scholars familiar with hadeeth and Islamic Jurispudence.

From what has been stated above, O Muslim Brethren, you can see the importance attached to Sunnah in Islamic Law. When we divert our intention again to the exaples mentioned beside others not mentioned, we are certain that there is no way to understand the Qur'an correctly except in association with the interpretation of the Sunnah.

In the first example, the understanding of the 'sahabah' of 'dhulm' mentioned in the verse is on its general sense, despite the fact that the (Allah be pleased with them) were, as stated by Ibn Mas'ud: "The best of this community, most pious, profound in learning, least of dissimulation." Yet with all that they erred in their understanding of that.

Were it not for the Prophet (SAW), who held them back from their mistaken notion, and made them take the step in the right direction in that the correct meaning of 'dhulm' in the context is shirk (association of partnership with Allah), we too would have followed in their wrong thinking. Allah, The Blessed and The Most High saved us from that wrong notion by the grace of the right direction of the Prophet (SAW) and his Sunnah.

In the second example - with Allah's guidance - if not for the hadeeth mentioned above, we would have been in doubt at least with regard to the shortening of prayer (qasr-as-salat) during a journey while secure - if we did stipulate the condition of fear as obvious in the verse - till the companions saw the Prophet (SAW) shorten the prayers when it was safe and secure.

In the third example, if not for the hadeeth, we would have forbidden ourselves the consumption of good things made lawful to us: locusts, fish, liver, and the spleen.

In the fourth example, if not for the hadeeths, some of which we have mentioned, we would have considered lawful what Allah has made unlawful through the dictum of the holy Prophet (SAW) like predatory animals, and the birds which have claws.

And so in the fifth example, if not for the hadeeths in regard to this question, we would have considered lawful what Allah prohibited through the words of His Prophet (SAW) like gold and silk.

It is for this, some forbearers (as-salaf) say that 'Sunnah' pronounces judgement of The Book (al-Qur'an).

The Deviation of those who are satisfied with The Qur'an to the exclusion of Hadeeth It is a matter of regret that according to the interpretation found in the works of some commentators and moders authors, that it is permissible to do what is stated in the last two examples: Consumption of the predatory animals and the waearing of gold and silk by referring their interpretation only to the Qur'an.

Today, a sect exists called "Quranites" who comment according to their whims and fancies; without seeking the explanation of the authentic Sunnah. They only accept and follow the Sunnah which suit their desires, the rest they throw behind. The Prophet (SAW) is reported to have said that: None of you reclines on his bed, the order comes to him on an affair which I am commanded to do or not to do. He says: "I don't know, what is found in The Book of Allah we follow" (Tirmithi). According to another report: What is found in The Book of Allah as 'Haram,' we pronounce it 'haram' (forbidden). Surely, I am given The Qur'an and its example with it. Yet, according to another report: What the Messenger of Allah has forbidden, Allah has prohibited it.

It is a matter of regret that one renowned scholar has written a book on Islamic law and its dogma, and in its preface, he says that he has written it and that he has made reference only to The Qur'an.

This true hadeeth gives positive evidence that the divine law of Islam - As-Shari'ah - is not merely Qur'an, but Qur'an and Sunnah. Therefore, whoever holds fast to one source for reference to the exclusion of the other, he held fast to neither of them, since both complement each other. The Qur'an says :

Whoever obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. Allah says, No, by your Lord they do not believe until they submit to your adjucation in all disputes between them, then they do not find themselves oppressed with your decisions and they completely submit (4:65)   

Again, Allah says:

When a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger, it does not behove a believer, man or woman, to have choice in their matter. One who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path (33:36). Furthermore, Allah says What the Messenger teaches you, take it, and what he forbids you, avoid doing it (59:7).   

In connection with this verse, I am marvelled by what is corroborated by Ibn Mas'ud (Allah be pleased with him) that is, a woman came to him and told him, "You who says: May Allah's curse be on 'Al-Namisat' and 'Al-Motanamisat' [4]and those who tattoo." He said "Yes." She said, "I read the Book of Allah (Al-Qur'an) from beginning to its end. I did not find what you have said. He told her, "If you have read it, you would have found it. As for your reading what the Messenger teaches you, take it, and what he forbids you, avoid doing it." She said, "Certainly." He said, "I have heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say May Allah's Curse be on the Al-Namisat." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Inadequacy of Philology to understand The Qur'an
From what has been stated above, it is clear that there is no scope for anyone with all his Arabic Scholarship to understand the glorious Qur'an, without the help of the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW), his sayings and actions.
The companions of the Prophet (SAW) were the most knowledgeable in the language, which The Qur'an was revealed in, when it was not blemished by the incorrectness of the common folks knowledge or their grammatical mistakes. Yet, they erred in understanding the verses quoted above when they relied on language alone.

It is self-evident that a man well-informed of the Sunnah is more appropriate to understand The Qur'an and deduce the rules from it than one who is ignorant of it. How can it be a source to one who does not reckon it and does not make reference to it?

For this reason, it is part of the rules agreed upon that Qur'an should be interpreted by the Qur'an itself as welll as the Sunnah, then by the sayings of the Sahabah... etc. [5]

It is here that the cause of deviation of scholastic theologians (Ahlu-el-Kalam) become clear, both ancient and modern, and their opposition to the forbears 'As-salaf' (May Allah be pleased with them) in their doctrines not to speak of their laws. They are far from Sunnah, and knowledge of it, and rely on their intelligence and desires to decide on the verses of attributes and others.

What is best is what was written down in the exposition of Tahawi's doctrine (page 212 Fourth Edition):

When one is not well-informed of The Book and Sunnah, what would he say about the Fundamentals of Religion (usulu-d-din)? He only receives the assertion of someone. If he says that he takes it from The Book of Allah, he does not study the commentary of The Qur'an on the basis of prophetic traditions, and reflects over it, nor what the companions (Sahabah), and the following generations narrated, which is transmitted to us from the authorities whom the critics chose. They have not transmitted the system and arrangement of The Qur'an, but its poetic expression and meaning. They did not learn the Qur'an like children, but studied it with meaning. One who does not follow in their footsteps, speaks on his own accord. One who does that thinks it be the religion of Allah, and does not study The Book of Allah, he sins, even if he is right.

One who studies The Qur'an and The Sunnah, he is rewarded, even if he goes wrong, but if he is right in his opinion, his reward is doubled. Then he says:

What is obligatory, is submission to the Messenger (SAW) carrying out his saying and accepting his saying with satisfaction and belief without contradicting it with false ideas called 'opprehensive faculty' (Ma'qul) bearing doubt or complaint, or offering the opinions of men and the garbage of their intellect. We unite with The Prophet (SAW) in judgement, submission, obedience and compliance, just as we have unison with Allah, glory be to Him, by worshipping Him by humility, submissiveness, repentance and reliance.

In short, what is obligatory on all Muslims is that they do not separate between Qur'an and Sunnah; whereas, it is obligatory to take both of them and to formulate the law on both of them.

This is a safeguard for them, so that they won't fall right or left; and that they won't fall back in error as explained by The Prophet (SAW): I leave behind me two things. You will never go astray if you hold fast to them: The Qur'an and my Sunnah.

Rest can be found in:  http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=22&category=3
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:17:58 pm »

Hadith 4 ever:

Assalaam Alaikum and welcome to MV. 

I gotta finish some chores.  Will be back to take care of your response later in the afternoon or early evening, Allah Willing.   
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:18:41 pm »

"You claim that Hadith or the Sunnah was never part of Prophet SWAS life, thats because he is the Sunnah."

That's the the claim made by the Hadith institution to support its constructed ideology.  Unfortunately for you, there's absolutely no evidence of "sunnah" as something separate from the Quran.  It's neither in the Quran nor in any factual and well-researched data of Islamic history, though it's the evidence of the Quraan that really counts.  And please don't confuse history with hadith.  They are poles apart.   The Prophet was the Prophet (pbuh), MaashAllah and Alhamdulilah.  He (pbuh) was not the "sunnah."  Thank you but I'm not interested in the innovations of your mentors.

"You make claims that during the time when Prophet SWAS lived and during the time of Abu Bakr and Umar (May Allah SWT be pleased with them) that no one was allowed to make notes on what Prophet SWAS said? Do you ponder as to why this was done? It was like when Abu Bakr said, whoever wants to worship Muhammad SWAS let them know that Muhammad is dead. The point is the Quraan at that time was not complied and Abu Bakr and others realised the danger in mixing the Sunnah with Quraan. So they didnt allow it until the Quraan was compliled.  Did you ever think that this could be the reason?"

That could have been just one of the reasons and threats why it wasn't allowed during the time of the time of the Prophet.  But just one of them.   Beyond that your argument is completely flawed because there are many more reasons which you've conveniently overlooked.  Do you really mean to say that once the Quraan is compiled, other people can bring forth whatever laws they like and misinterpret Quraanic ayats in whatever way they wish to suit their personal motives?  Let's not forget, Divine Scriptures in the past didn't get corrupted overnight.  It happened gradually over the period of centuries.  The Jews and Christians also had the Old and New Testaments intact initially.  Yet it got mixed and contaminated with human words, not because the mix-up was unintentional or a result of carelessness.  But it's inherent of human nature to be more attracted to human dictates than the Divine Words.  Thus, it got altered after the official process of preservation. Humans can tamper with Divine dictates even after the Divine Book is compiled.  The fact that the Quraan is still intact and original is not because of the discipline introduced by the imams.  Quite the opposite rather.  If it was left to the imams and "scholars" they would have no reservations breaking thru the compilation of the Quraan.  But it's the promise of Allah and one of the prophecies of the Quraan that this final Message will never change --- thus no damn imam can touch it.  But to satisfy their thirst to lie, they have deviced the method of writing Hadith.  As simple as that.

If one is really interested in following the true sunnah, then that's contained within the Quraan.  We don't need to go outside the Quraan to seek it.  The Quraan gives a very articulate description of the temperament and personality of Prophet Muhammad in various Surahs.  The Quraan highlights all the vital issues of the Prophet's temperament that we are supposed to follow e.g. the Prophet's honesty, sincerity, kindness, humility etc.  Certainly the Quraan does not talk about unnecessary things like hadith which is length of beard, miswak etc. and neither does the Quraan mention those awkward things about the Prophet's personal life like the hadith gossip.  Those hadithers who feel that the sunnah within the Quraan is not sufficient, that's their problem.  But that does not mean they should start writing lies after lies to misguide people in the name of Hadith. 

And what authority do you have in rejecting an entire history of work. So many Scholars who dedicated their whole lives to the deen and you just come along to wipe it off. Have you ever read the history as to why this mentality came about?

Good grief!!  what are you talkin?  You ask what's my authority in rejecting the history of work of your "s-c-h-o-l-a-r-s" ??  My authority is the Noble Quraan, what else can it be?  I've buried myself in the those glorious words of the Quraan, given my life to studying it, reflecting on it and implementing it in my daily life --- and now you ask me my authority for rejecting the works of your "scholars"?  The Quraan is dearer to me than life, and you expect me to have consideration for "scholars," protect their conniving lies and manipulations and thus give them preference to the Quraan?   Only a hadither who's left the Quraan and who's love dwells with the imams & sheiks instead of Allah and His final Messenger can think on such lines.  Not me. 

"The mentality of butt-kissing to the Kuffar?"

yup ..this is the most perfect description of the Hadith institution.  Seems to be the only bit a sense you've spoken thus far.
Report Spam   Logged

Hadith_4_ever!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:12:40 pm »

Ok lets talk about more specific issues. You claim to be followers of the Quraan right, in how many ayahs of the Quraan does it mention to the Ummah that whatever the Beloved SWAS has made Halal you accept and what he rejects then you reject? So In the Quraan I am sure you know that its mentioned that dead animals are Haraam. So how then is it that we eat fish from the Market that is dead? You see this comes from the Sunnah and the Prophet SWAS used his sayings to show us that there are exceptions. Also when Allah Azza Wa Jal mentions that the hand of the thief should be chopped off, then what are the DETAILS of this rulling? You see in Arabic hand can have a number of meanings, but it was due to the sayings of the Prophet SWAS that we know it should be cut up to the wrist. So where did this come from, it came from the Sunnah. Without it we wont be able to experince Islam to the fullest. Also can you show me with only Quaraanic Ayas how to Pray 5 times Salaah? The fact is you wont be able to, because the detail of Salaah is described in the Sunnah by the Narrators of Hadith. The Muhadith have worked to make sure that Hadith stay intact and not currupted, yes we are aware that many fabrications have taken place. However due to Isnad (Authentic Chains of Narration) the Muhadith have been able to say what is weak and what is Sahi.

You have to realise that with out Sunnah (sayings, actions, approvals and disapprovals) you wont be able to do many things in your daily lives.
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 10:26:49 pm »

Ok lets talk about more specific issues. The Muhadith have worked to make sure that Hadith stay intact and not currupted, yes we are aware that many fabrications have taken place ...

All of this will be discussed in my following post in a few minutes.   I am always analysing specific issues.  I am always responding with your quotes.  You are the one who has mostly been talking generally, avoiding all specific issues.  There are so many specific topics discussed in this hadith board, you haven't responded to any.  Whatever queries you have put, almost all of them are already answered in our various posts.  In future, if you want to deal with an issue, first kindly check if that topic already exists in our Hadith board or not.

You have to realise that with out Sunnah (sayings, actions, approvals and disapprovals) you wont be able to do many things in your daily lives.

That's super RUBBISH and u know it ..

The Muhadith have worked to make sure that Hadith stay intact and not currupted, yes we are aware that many fabrications have taken place. However due to Isnad (Authentic Chains of Narration) the Muhadith have been able to say what is weak and what is Sahi.

hmmmm, this 'isnad' drama is the biggest fraud and the only lame duck excuse of the poor hadithers which is often decorated in different bombastic terms.   I'll post the link of this topic here as soon as I can.  Then, kindly take this topic there. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:03:53 am »

Prehaps the words of Sheikh Muhammad Nâsir ad-Dîn al-Albânî will make you think for a few moments about the silly mindset that you have, or is he another one of your evil Scholars?

Well ... I've read this whole lecture.  Except from enjoying the beautiful verses of the Quraan you quoted (but which you don't follow) ... it's a very empty lecture.  The connections of dependency of the Quraan on hadith which this lecture tries to create in order to justify the existence of "sunnah" are truly an insult to the Glorious Quraan.  I am shocked that you even considered it necessary to quote such a piece, let alone being so impressed by it.  Firstly, all its contents are a matter of common sense which people already know without the help of such ordinary lectures, and secondly, just too many portions of it are a stark contridiction to what they're trying to uphold.  You'll know what I mean as you read through.

Only Allah knows whether Nasiraddin is evil or not.  I don't know him as well as I know Bukhari who is definitely EVIL.  As for Nasiraddin, he seems to be just a common speaker and his lecture by no means has shaken the mountains and grinded them to pieces.  I am only focused on the contents of his talk. I have no desire to become his cheerleader simply because he has a long name that reads SHEIKH Muhammad Nasir ad Din al-Albani !!!!!!!!!!

The best of speech is the speech of Allah. That is The Book of Allah. The best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad.

The guidance of Prophet Muhammad pbuh is the speech of Allah.  We are NOT to divide the speech of Allah and the guidance of the Prophet as 2 separate things.  Hadith, Shariah and sheiks have done just that.  This is too blatant a fact to be denied.

Of all matters, the worst are innovations; and everything new is an innovation, and every innovation is a deviation, and every deviation leads to Hell-fire.

It's right on to say that all negative innovations are deviations.  But a person who kisses the cover of the Hadith book shouldn't have the face to say this.  Hadith is the mother of all negative innovations.  How can a person holding the hadith with one hand say with his / her tongue that every innovation is deviation?  That's what it means to preach what you don't practice.

And according to the narration of Muslim: "If the Messenger of Allah (SAW) had concealed something which he was commanded to communicate, he would have concealed the saying of The Almighty Behold thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour:

Keep your wife to yourself and fear Allah. But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest; you did fear the people, whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him (33:37)

The Prophet NEVER hid any Message of Allah that he was told to deliver to the world.  There are no doubts about this.  So,  why do hadith writers write such awful things in hadith that clash with the Quraan whidc we know the Prophet never said them. 

Verse 33:37 is with regard to the unsuccessful marriage of the Prophet's adopted son, Zaid with the Prophet's cousin, Zainab bint Jahsh.  It is a family issue of the Prophet.  It has nothing to do with our discussion.  So I'd leave it at that.  However, many non-Muslims and hadithers have misinterpreted it with their own different selfish motives.  In case you're interested to read about it, click on
Discourse on the marraiges of the Prophet.

The necessity of Sunnah to understand The Qur'an and Parables on that
Allah says The male thief and female thief cut off their hands (5:38) is a fitting example of that. The thief in it is general like the hand.
The oral tradition explains the first of them and restricts it by 'as-sareq' (the thief) who steals something worth a fourth of a Dinar [2] according to the saying of the Prophet (SAW) There is no cutting - of the hand - unless the thing stolen is worth a fourth of a Dinar or more (Bukari & Muslim) the two shaikhs have recorded this Hadeeth.

Again, the other is explained by the action of the Prophet (SAW) or the action of his companions and his confirmation. They used to cut the hand of the thief from the wrist as is known in the work of Hadeeth. The oral tradition explains the hand mentioned in the verse on Tayammum (dust ablution) And rub therewith your faces and hands (5:6) is also the palm of the hand as is stated in a Hadeeth Tayammum is the wiping of the face and the hands recorded by the two shaikhs and Ahmad and others from a tradition reported by Ammar bin Yasir (may Allah be pleased with them).

For the sake of Allah, please know that the interpretation for the punishment for stealing is a matter of common sense.  The Quraan is NOT a tyrannical Book.  It's full of compassion and always too ready to forgive.  Anyone with an iota of insight will know that the punishment for stealing in the Quraan is only for repeated and threatening offenders who have terrorized the community and haven't appreciated earlier forgiveness nor have they reformed with lighter punishments.  The world wouldn't have fallen apart if the sheikhs hadn't written their stories.  On the contrary the people would only get a chance to read the Quraan for themselves, understand it by exercising their common sense.  Whether the hand is cut from the wrist or from the lower arm or the person is forgiven altogether is a matter of individual human interpretation or individual community interpretation.  People have the Quraan-given right to interpret such matters to the best of their conscience.  Allah will be the final Judge, just as Allah will be the final Judge for the interpretations of Amaar bin Yasir who was also a human being just like anyone else.  The important thing here is 'niyyah.'  If the interpretation is done according to one's conscience, it automatically falls in line with the Quraan.  But if it's done with a motivated intent, that's when contradictions and double standards arise. 

It is whose who believe and confuse not their beliefs with wrong, 'dhulm' that are (truly) in security for they are on (right) guidance (6:82).

The companions of the Prophet (SAW) understood the word 'dhulm' in its general sense to mean every wrong doing, even if it be little. On this account the verse is regarded as dubious and they said, "O Messenger of Allah, which of us did not involve his faith with obscurity?" He (SAW) said; It is not that. It is only the 'shirk'(3). Have you not heard what Luqman said: Verily, 'shirk' is a very great sin (dhulm) (31:13). The two shaikhs have recorded it with others.

"Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrong doing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided"   --- an excellent verse that I have memorized with many others for recitation and peace of heart.  It is the simplest to understand.  Those who make a fuss about it or misunderstand such a simple and important verse either have very low intelligence or they haven't read it at all.  The verse basically refers to people who claim to believe, even carry out acts of worship as a ritual, and yet commit wrong deeds in their practical life.  Hence their belief gets obscured or neutralized with wrong doing.  In fact, this is a very common problem with people.  They are 'believers' by definition yet they go around doing all sorts of mischief.  As any reader of the Quraan would know, it emphasises constantly that the ideal approach is "those who believe and do good works."  Firm belief in Allah and to have good conduct go together.  One without the other would be incomplete, though it is the act of disbelief in Allah which is the only unforgivable sin. 

Allah says: When you travel on earth, there is no blame on you to shorten your prayer, for fear the unbelievers will persecute you (4:101). It is obvious from this verse that fear is a pre-requisite for the shortening of prayers. Some of the Prophet's companions asked him:

"Why do we shorten our prayers while we feel safe?" He said: It is a charity from Allah, so accept it (Muslim).

Just quote the Quraan and then ask how much we've understood of it.  I don't accept Bukhari and M. bin Hajaj, so please don't waste my time with these ahadith. 

I would again quote v.4:101 of Surah An-Nissa: "And when ye go forth in the land, it is no sin for you to curtail (your) worship if ye fear that those who disbelieve may attack you. In truth the disbelievers are an open enemy to you."    This verse refers to the time when the small band of Muslims were constantly under attack from the Makkans and in fear of being ambushed.  Since Allah has not laid any hardships in religion and protecting one's life is of value in His sight, Allah gave the permission to shorten salaat when one was travelling thru dangerous territories.  This law surely applies even today in times of war or similar situations.  However, during regular travels when there's no fear of attack, we must try as much as possible to offer salaat in time.  What's so difficult to follow about this?  The hadith interpretation is of no help for future generations.  If the imams purposely want to make simple issues sound complicated to keep their business running by making themselves look indispensible in the eyes of silly baby-like minds who are too ignorant or lazy to think for themselves, then that's a different matter. Of course, that's the problem.

Allah says: The carcass and it's blood are forbidden to you (5:3). In explanation of this verse, the corpse of locusts, fish, the livers, spleen of blood are lawful. So the Prophet (SAW) said: He has made two dead things and blood lawful: the locusts and the fish, the liver and the spleen.

Baihaqi and others have recorded it as 'marfu' type of hadeeth as also 'mauquf' type. The 'isnad' od 'mauquf' is authentic and it is as good as 'marfu' tradition, since it is not stated in the form of a 'ra'y' (decision based on one individual's judgement not on Qur'an and Sunnah).

Verse 5:3 again explains what we need to avoid as food very clear:  Let me quote V.5:3

"Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." 5:3

There's no way that anyone in their right minds would need help to understand this verse that's so very easy to understand.     

Those hadiths quoted are insignificant because I have no idea on whose authortiy these hadith writers have said such things, like it is with all their writings.  I've said many times that I keep the Quraan as my standard to judgement.  If anything anyone says that's not warranted by the Quraan, I'm NOT obligated to accept it.  Allah says not to accept something of which you have no knowledge.  I have no knowledge how and why these hadith writers came up with their kinda ideas.  I would rather use my common sense that Allah has bestowed upon me instead of embracing the inventions of the clergy that have been pinned on the Prophet (pbuh).  Nauzbillah!  what a practice!!

"the corpse of locusts, fish, the livers, spleen of blood are lawful. " --

Spleen and liver are 2 organs within the body.  Those who eat organ meat like these in any case drain off the blood before cooking them.  I've not come across any civilized human being (except psychopaths like Jeffrey Dahmer) who eats regular meat nor organ meat with blood trickling from it.  Hadith is not required to explain such matters.  Whatever the Quraan has said is just fine and sufficient and we know exactly what to do. 

Fish and locusts aren't mammals.  When Allah says in V.5:3 that we aren't supposed to eat dead animals that died by beating, falling from a height, being gored by horns or killed by other beasts - it refers to mamals viz. sheep, cow and camel.  Locust is a small grasshopper (no different than a large insect) and of course, fish is a fish.  Living beings like locust and fish cannot be killed by beating, gored by horns, falling from heights or be killed by bigger beasts.  If a small fish in the river or sea is attacked by a bigger fish, it will be completely eaten.  Its much the same with locusts.  If larger insects prey on locusts, they'll either kill them for food or miss them altogether.  However, if humans want to kill a locusts without using pesticides, then obviously they'll have to zap them the way they would kill a fly with a fly zapper.  Thus, the corpse of a locust is not under any of prohibited categories.  That's the reason why Allah did not specifically mention creatures like locusts and fish.  It's a matter of common sense.  But common sense is something neither you nor your sheikhs have, then you make a simple issue complicated, and then brag by making it look that you've done a big thing.  What a pity.

Allah says:
  I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (food) forbidden to be taken by one who wishes to, unless it is dead meat or blood poured forth or the flesh of swine, for it is an abomination, or what is impious (meat) on which a name has been invoked other thatn Allah's (6:145).   

The Sunnah has forbidden many things not mentioned in the verse mentioned above, as for example in the saying of the Holy Prophet (SAW): All predatory animals with tusk and every bird with claw are forbidden for consumption. There are other traditions which have forbidden the consumption of such animals as the Prophet (SAW) is reported to have said on the Day of Khayber: Allah and His Messenger have prohibited the consumption of domesticated asses, for they are filth. The two shaikhs have reported it.

As for me and everyone I know, understand full well that the animals we can eat are cattle, sheep, camel, chicken & turkey and sea food.  In sea food there is a variety like various fishes, shrimp, lobster etc.  These various sea foods have not been specified in the Quraan.  Though Allah knows best, I would take that as meaning all sea food is Halal.  However, it's upto different people to interpret that.  If someone thinks shrimp is Halal, while someone else might feel uncomfortable eating shrimp, so be it.  Either way it's no big deal.  Let them follow their own course of actions.  They are not hurting anyone.  Leave the final judgement to Allah.   Even those Muslims who have never read hadith do not go about eating donkeys, dogs, cats and tigers.  There is NO need for the idle sheikhs to fight a jihad over such issues.

The Sunnah, too, has forbidden some adornments, and this is evident from the Prophet (SAW) who is reported to have met some of his companions, and had a silk garment in one hand, and gold in the other, and said: These are prohibited to Muslim males, lawful to females. The hadeeths in their interpretation are many and well known in both the authentic collections of hadeeths, and others and the like of many examples well known to scholars familiar with hadeeth and Islamic Jurispudence.

From what has been stated above, O Muslim Brethren, you can see the importance attached to Sunnah in Islamic Law. When we divert our intention again to the exaples mentioned beside others not mentioned, we are certain that there is no way to understand the Qur'an correctly except in association with the interpretation of the Sunnah.

This is no secret that it is Bukhari who has created his own forbidden laws that are NOT forbidden in the Quraan.  The lists of Halal and Haram as produced by Bukhari are very different from the Quraan.  Bukhari will have to answer to Allah for his gross LIES.  Bukhari's lie probibiting silk and gold is a famous one.  We have disucssed precisely that in the following links.  Please check there as I have no time to go over it now.

http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/topic/157.0.html
Why did Imam Bukhari disallow gold and silk

http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/topic/159.0.html
Banning of gold and silk according to Hadith

Similarly, Bukhari of his own has also disallowed Muslims from painting pictures as an art which is NOT forbidden in the Quraan.  Bukhari & Co. are a real demon!  He is no different from the Catholic clergy who've messed up the original Message of Allah sent through Jesus (son of Mary) with all kinds of negatiave innovations.  Not to mention, the bare fact is that a big chunk of Hadith ideology is borrowed from the Old and New Testaments.  That too is absoltuely NO secret.  Hadith, the altered Bible and the altered Torah are at par with each other.  The Noble Quraan is the only Divine and original Book of Allah, totally separate from those other 3 books.  No wonder there is so much in common between hadithers  and the Christians. 

Today, a sect exists called "Quranites" who comment according to their whims and fancies; without seeking the explanation of the authentic Sunnah. They only accept and follow the Sunnah which suit their desires, the rest they throw behind.    

Yes, there are many groups as well as individuals who study the Quraan selectively -- your group being one of the most spectacular examples of that.  They read only that which they can use to their benefit and conceal the rest.  If you read the various introductions to our forum, you should know by now that we've rejected all such groups.  Thank you for your info, but you are one of those who needs exactly the same reform you are talking about for others.

It is a matter of regret that one renowned scholar has written a book on Islamic law and its dogma, and in its preface, he says that he has written it and that he has made reference only to The Qur'an.

I don't know whether it's you or Sh. Nasir-ad-din who regrets this matter.  But it only shows how little respect you or him (probably both) have for the Quraan.  This lecture quotes verses from the Quraan and with the same face looks upon dependency on the Noble Quraan as "a matter of regret."  This is what one would call the culmination of hypocrisy!  No wonder Allah is so wroth with this Ummah.  Kindly do not hurl such insults on the Glorious Quraan.  It makes me shudder with grief and fear.  Unfortunately this is a common problem with Hadithers, Christians and Jews.

The Qur'an says :
 Whoever obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. Allah says, No, by your Lord they do not believe until they submit to your adjucation in all disputes between them, then they do not find themselves oppressed with your decisions and they completely submit (4:65)   

That is correct.  Whoever obeys the messenger obeys Allah.  That is because the Messenger's teachings during his lifetime was not contrary to the Quraan.  The Messenger never said things not warranted in the Quraan, like not to wear silk or gold, or not to use perfume, nor did he make it compulsory for anyone to grow beard or use miswak.  These are the orders of Bukhari and his successors.  Allah says in the Quraan that whoever obeys the messenger obeys Allah.  In other words it means that in order to obey the Quraan, you should obey the Messenger in his lifetime.  The importance of the words of the Messenger is directly and completely dependent on its compatibility with the Quraan.  But now the Messenger has passed away, however he has left the Quraan, original and intact and we are to follow it.  This is the only course to acquire authentic sunnah.  Accept it or not, makes no difference.  Truth never changes.  That is because Allah's Rule of Law never alters. 

The bottomline is - Allah has never said that 'if you obey Bukhari you obey Allah.' Thus Bukhari goes out of the window.

Again, Allah says:
 When a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger, it does not behove a believer, man or woman, to have choice in their matter. One who disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path (33:36). Furthermore, Allah says What the Messenger teaches you, take it, and what he forbids you, avoid doing it (59:7). 

And again, this verse refers specifically to the era of the Prophet's lifetime.  It refers to interactions with the Prophet in person.  We can't have that now because the Prophet is not with us anymore.  How many more times do I have to say this.  Thus, it's incumbent upon us to turn to the Quraan for guidance along with our rational minds to proceed with our lives according to the commandments of Allah.  In the presence of the Quraan, Bukhari dare not come up with his dirty decisions .. he might succeed in corrupting the minds of the majority of the people, but the Truth in the sight of Allah can never be destroyed.  Allah is always waiting to dispense retribution to the deceivers. 

Also, let's not forget the psychology of human nature.  Like I said, humans by nature are more attracted to the laws and rules made by other humans.  They always have a much greater secret affinity to human words & writings than the Divine Speech.  The beauty of the Divine Message doesn't appeal to humans unless they keep it side by side the human writings.  Even in pre-Islamic days the idolaters had the same mentality.  They did believe in Allah, but not in Allah alone.  They would only accept Allah after associating partners with Allah.  It's exactly the same mindset that's got a firm grip over humans even now.  Of course, they've given up idols but they haven't given up the strategy of the idolaters. 

Inadequacy of Philology to understand The Qur'an
From what has been stated above, it is clear that there is no scope for anyone with all his Arabic Scholarship to understand the glorious Qur'an, without the help of the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW), his sayings and actions.
The companions of the Prophet (SAW) were the most knowledgeable in the language, which The Qur'an was revealed in, when it was not blemished by the incorrectness of the common folks knowledge or their grammatical mistakes. Yet, they erred in understanding the verses quoted above when they relied on language alone.

Except for Malik, all hadith writers were from Persia.  I'm sure you know that much.  Their mother tongue wasn't Arabic.  It is also well known that the quality of Arabic used in all Hadith narrations is extremely poor, if not third grade.  Yet the "ulemas" maintain that even Arabic grammarians cannot understand the Quraan but average people like Bukhari etc.  who did not even speak Arabic, somehow learnt to interpret the Quraan so perfectly that according to them we cannot understand the Quraan without Bukhari's babblings.  Keep up your vicious propaganda.  You'll have to answer to Allah for such deep love you have for your "saints" -- the kind of love which is actually the due right of Allah alone.  Yeah, they "dedicated" years and years of service for the 'benefit of Islam' and now you feel greater love for that dedication than you do for Allah and His Messenger.  What a 'grand Muslim'!

Allah has made it crystal clear in the Quraan that His final Book is complete and easy to follow.  Yet, Hadithers have the audacity to insult Allah's Book by saying that it isn't complete without their useless Hadith.  As Hafeez Kazi states in one of his works - "such arrogant boast of the 'ulemas' is a display of extreme kufaar.'  I couldn't agree more.

What is best is what was written down in the exposition of Tahawi's doctrine (page 212 Fourth Edition):
When one is not well-informed of The Book and Sunnah, ... He only receives the assertion of someone.

This is exactly what the common Muslims who follow their clergy are doing today, you included.  They don't study a thing about the Quraan themselves and as for the "sunnah" that's narrated to them by their imams.  If they have any queries, they run to their imams.  If they need to make any decisions, they ask their imams.  There's no concept of acting on the basis of the Quranic values so clearly stated by Allah.  Hence, I agree when you say that "he only receives the assertion of someone."  I like the way you've described your lot.  That's the biggest tragedy.  However, I'm glad there are some of us who aren't dependent on any such assertions of any of your sheikh sahabs.  Alhamdulilah for that.  We have the Quraan with it's direct and broad guidelines, and we have our rational conscience that Allah has bestowed upon us and thus we use it while studying the Quraan.  By the grace of Allah, confusion hasn't touched me since.  Alhamdulilah, a hundred times. 

If he says that he takes it from The Book of Allah, he does not study the commentary of The Qur'an on the basis of prophetic traditions, and reflects over it, nor what the companions (Sahabah), and the following generations narrated, which is transmitted to us from the authorities whom the critics chose.

There are some verses of the Quraan that are associated with history, some with social practices, some with pre-Islamic religious practices, some with the social setups of previous generations in the days of earlier prophets and so on.  Every verse has to be read, reflected upon and then understood in its proper context.  Everything in the Quraan is not connected with "prophetic traditions."  The Quraan is much more extensive than just dealing with a single issue.   Most importantly, a big chunk of the real prophetic traditions have been lost and replaced by lies.  Even hadith adherents do not deny the fact that the hadith history is incredibly tainted and overcrowded with falsehood, and one has to be careful as to what one accepts.   Your above comments are both insufficient and overlooking many aspects of the Quraan.

They have not transmitted the system and arrangement of The Qur'an, but its poetic expression and meaning. They did not learn the Qur'an like children, but studied it with meaning.

The Quraan is written in beautiful Arabic with perfect rhythms, expressions, metaphors and vocabulary that is beyond human construction.  At the same time we must also remember, the Quraan is not a Book of poems or prose.  It is a Book of guidance and commandments.  Thus, the first priority any genuine believer who's truly interested in acquiring guidance will be to follow what he or she reads on the basis of their own conscience, not with motivated ideas of supporting the interpretations of imams and their made-up Shariah.

One who does not follow in their footsteps, speaks on his own accord. One who does that thinks it be the religion of Allah, and does not study The Book of Allah, he sins, even if he is right.

Anyone who talks without studying the Book of Allah or tries to misinterpret Quraanic verses by quoting them out of context is a quack.  Why do you think I dislike the ugly tricks of Bukhari & Co. and many of our so-called "ulemas"?  Not to mention, all ardent admirers of such schools are no different themselves.  That's obvious. 

One who studies The Qur'an and The Sunnah, he is rewarded, even if he goes wrong, but if he is right in his opinion, his reward is doubled.

Well, if one goes wrong unintentionally then he or she is forgiven, if Allah Wills.  But if one purposely goes wrong with intentional & incorrect interpretations and selective study of the Quraan by trying to elucidate verses out of context with a set motive which all of you do, then don't be too sure that it will be forgiven. 

In short, what is obligatory on all Muslims is that they do not separate between Qur'an and Sunnah;

Which is precisely what the hadith has done.  It has separated the Quran and "sunnah" whereas, like I've always maintained, the most authentic sunnah is contained within the Quraan itself, Alhamdulilah. 

Wallahi! It's amazing how much you have contridicted your own self in a futile attempt to be an advocate of your darling sheikhs and imams.  Not to mention, your imams are themselves the kings of contraditions.[/font]
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 12:13:32 am »

Sister zeyn - may Allah bless your remarkable perception, the depth of your sincerity and your earnest love for Him and His messenger.  Moreover, you articulation is superb.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 12:16:33 am »

Hadith 4 Ever -  welcome on board!

Which one r u .... abul kalam, ambala boy or jund Islam or etc.? 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:02:58 am »

btw - sis zeynab, there are still more incredible hadithers than this.  I recall, not too long ago, my husband and I were having a discussion with one of his friends who's a staunch hadither.  I will never forget what he said.  when my husband was talking about the importance of the Quran and the Quran being the first and last most important Message that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) delivered to us from Allah .... this guy tells us .... I quote his exact words - "not to make the Quran your idol."  We've never been more shocked.  such people are not worthy of the mercy of Allah, and that's the reason Allah has left them to their own devices, confounded and unguided.  It's the ultimate loss.  Like the Quran says "a hapless journey's end."

And yes - human mind is always mesmerized by man-made laws and writings.  Majority of them just haven't allowed their 'zamir' to grow enough to understand this blunder. 

They also consider the instincts of the majority as a sign of correctness.  I've heard lots of people say that so many millions of Muslims accept the authority of hadith, imams and mullahs .... so how can everyone be wrong?  But ah!  that's what they can't comprehend.  Misguidance gets the better of much larger numbers of people than guidance, unfortunatley.  An accurate example are the present-day Christians.  Majority of Christians believe Jesus to be son of God (AstaghfarAllah, a thousand times).  You will find very few Christians who realize how wrong this is.  But even if the majority believe in what they do, that does NOT make them right.  They are WRONG.  And those few (minority) who realise this mistake are  the ones who are right.
Report Spam   Logged

Hadith_4_ever!

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:40 am »

WOW no need to write a thesis Sister! I honestly cant be bothered to read all that, can you just show me how to Pray five times Salah only using Quranic Aya. I am suffering from amnesia...... RollLaugh
Report Spam   Logged
Hadith_4_ever!

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 11:20:22 am »

Hadith 4 Ever -  welcome on board!

Which one r u .... abul kalam, ambala boy or jund Islam or etc.? 

?????
Report Spam   Logged
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 08:37:18 pm »

WOW no need to write a thesis Sister! I honestly cant be bothered to read all that, can you just show me how to Pray five times Salah only using Quranic Aya. I am suffering from amnesia...... RollLaugh

I'm sure your lack of reading & responding abilities will not surprise sister zeynab.  but then u should have at least had the guts in your pants to be honest about it and not posted that lecture.  It seems that you've picked up the hadith way so thoroughly that the habit of contradicting has gotten the better of u even in your everyday life ..... to the extent that you can't help rolling with laughter on your own self.  Grin

Not to mention, while in the process of taking off, you've again reflected your gross ignorance about the Noble Quran.  There are no ayats in the Quran that mention the complete method of salaah except the gestures of raku and sajoud.  That's because the method of salaah did not begin soon after the Quran was revealed.  It was an ongoing process from the time of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) and earlier prophets, and from Abraham it was passed on for generations.  That's why the Quran mentions in various surahs about the different prophets "bowing" and "falling prostrate" on their faces.  However, gradually, people deviated into shirk (like you have with the wave of Bukhari) and began associating partners with Allah Almighty.  In 7th century pre-Islamic Arabia where though paganism was rampant, people prayed with much the same physical gestures as the usual salaat.  But the big difference being, they didn't pray to Allah.  Instead they associated many partners with Allah and prayed to those partners.  This is the aspect that's been pointed out in the Quran as a huge, serious and unforgivable blunder i.e. shirk.  For this reason the Quran does not mention the physical process of salaat because it was already there since generations.  But the Quran clarifies that those physical gestures of salaat must be directed to Allah alone, meaning, we should be praying to Him only, without any intercessors.  Intercessors include idols as well as saints and other icons.  For this reason, the Quran often says about the idolaters that if you ask them who created the heavens and the earth, they will say Allah.  Yet they were all gone astray because of shirk. 

I wish u the best in your cure for amnesia.  I hope your family doc refers u to a good specialist before it's too late.  Presuming that u will get cured sooner or later, InshAllah, your question has been answered in greater detail in the following links.

Hadith & Salaah
Did Arabs know about Allah before Islam by Sh. Saad al-Humaid
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: