The term "Kausar" interpreted by Hadith compared to the Quran

<< < (2/3) > >>

muslima:
 salamem

woow just browser and  MV & zainabslounge come up at first place  :D  great i was thinking to ask here jazak Allah, Mashallah Many thanks sis heba for this very educative article  Thumbsup . As we all know it's a month of Rajab and Al-Isra and Al-Miraj (the miraculous Night Journey and Ascension of the Prophet pbuh) is in discussion everywhere and its golden time for hadithist's to refresh fabricated lies just an hour ago i came across the same topic in discussion  again the Bridge sirat /pul sirat and i was quite surprised when one of sister quote me surah kausar reagrding Hauzu'l-Kausar to justify narration ( see below  Hauzu'l-Kausar ) .. Truly the senseless collection of sunni hadith's can cause headache only  after reading through further this article Imam Ahmad Reza Academy view is very good except the hadith conformation ,shia view is out of grasp i never knew before that's so Sad this concept of kausar as fountain in paradise which is also called Hauzu'l-Kausar is  very well known in muslim circle hadith version of miraj has completely messed up  no wonder on hadith books and the false narrators  and  ulma's those who always explained some thing which Quran does not mention as they have personally viewed it. ^:( I too have study this marvelous surah several times but have never found any hint to refer kausar as fountain  ... I am completely agree with ur view @ sis am adding little bit for my better understandings May be it help others too .correct me if i am wrong

Narration sister quote me !!

http://www.babylon.com/definition/Hauzu%27l-Kausar/

Hauzu'l-Kausar

[Islamic] The pure lake of Muhammad, situated on the shores of heaven. When the sinless faithful cross the thin bridge Sirat al-Mustaqim they may drink from this 'pond of abundance'. Its water is sweet and white like milk. By drinking it, the blessed forget all the suffering and unhappiness of their earthly life. They will then proceed on their way to their assigned domiciles, their palaces in paradise.

In Islamic context, the Hauzuʾl-Kausar is the lake or fountain of abundance in Jannah (paradise). Persons having crossed the As-Sirāt arrive at this lake, from which one is expected drink to forget any bad experiences they may have had during their lives, before moving further into paradise.

further  few points  i would like to add . verses u quote !

1: Quran word  AAaynan عَيْناً

وَمِزَاجُهُ مِن تَسْنِيمٍ
83:27

عَيْنًا يَشْرَبُ بِهَا الْمُقَرَّبُونَ

AAaynan yashrabu biha almuqarraboona  83:28

A spring whence those brought near (to Allah) drink

عَيْنًا يَشْرَبُ بِهَا عِبَادُ اللَّهِ يُفَجِّرُونَهَا تَفْجِيرًا

AAaynan yashrabu biha AAibadu Allahi yufajjiroonaha tafjeeran 76:6

A spring wherefrom the slaves of Allah drink, making it gush forth abundantly

عَيْنًا فِيهَا تُسَمَّىٰ سَلْسَبِيلًا

AAaynan feeha tusamma salsabeelan 76:18

(The water of) a spring therein, named Salsabil.

We can see the Beautiful verses u mention above regarding springs  " Allah specify springs in next verse with word AAaynan   ( Springs ) /  عَيْناً ( ع ى ن ) which conforms springs , thus  If kausar is spring or lake or fountain then Allah would mention it in next verse of kausar also with arabic word AAaynan ( spring) ?

2: Words donates to water channel in general .

النافورة
 Fountain

Lake
البحيرة

River 
النهر

pond
البركة

Q: where does word Kausar goes into favour of  a pond / lake /river of paradise or a water channel in heaven ??

1 - Kasr كثر  means 'A lot', many ,numerous , incredible loads of amount

(Kaseer كثير   emphasises - a lot more abundance than kaseer also )

2- Kausar كوثر = even more than Kaseer - ABUNDANCE of A LOT.

This is used to describe khair al kaseer (Abundance of Good) also

so keeping in view the general meaning of the word kausar  /كَوْثَر

3: كَوْثَر (kausar ) is the intensive form of ‘كُثْر’ (kusr) which means ‘wealth and affluence’ /to be or become much more, a lot

Therefore, ‘كَوْثَر’ (kausar) would simply mean ‘a lot of abundance’ or ‘somebody having a lot abundance and affluence'/blessings. as u mention in article , The verse in which it occurs,by it self gave the meaning that Allah in order to console and encourage prophet(pbuh) at that time had sent down surah !! O Prophet! Your foolish opponents think that you are ruined and deprived of the good things but the fact is that We have favoured you (prophet pbuh)  with unbounded good and countless blessings. This included the matchless moral qualities which the Prophet(pbuh) was blessed with, the great blessings of Prophethood and the Quran, the knowledge and wisdom that were granted to him .

4: another point  is past tense  !

إِنَّا أَعْطَيْنَاكَ الْكَوْثَرَ
Truly we have given thee an abundance ( al-Kausar)

The past tense of the verse ..'' Upon you have We bestowed kausar '' .verse under discussion is also have  another emphasis on this meaning and the phrase  'We have given you' is an evidence to the fact that He (Allah)  has awarded him (pbuh) kausar/Abundance, included Great blessing of Miraj ,which, itself, is a great glad tiding, grace in abundance to the Prophet (pbuh)

Also the very essential point is ! Allah alone know about the rewards and blessings He will grant or has already granted to  prophet (pbuh), it's beyond our imagination and guess works .So In study of Quran there is no reference of kausar as fountain.

right or wrong ... ?

Ruhi_Rose:
Walaikum as-Salam dear sister Muslima, how are you  :)

True there are absolutely no references nor hints of "kausar" being a stream or fountain or river in Paradise.  Though there are surely plenty of streams in Jannat, some of which have also been mentioned in the Noble Quran, there is no evidence to connect the word "kausar" with them.  "kausar" simply means plentiful or abundance in terms of Allah's blessings which He showered upon the Prophet (saaw) during his lifetime.  Hadith fabrications on "kausar" are so many that I've lost track of them.  Just as well as I don't ever intend to follow them anyway. 

I think, whether one says "given you abundance or bestowed on you abundance" means the same.  Both imply giving plenty of blessings in life.  In this case, I wouldn't really call it past tense, as it says "We have given you abundance;"  Since Allah is speaking to the Prophet in his lifetime and telling him of everything He has so far bestowed on the Prophet, alludes to the present .. as I see it.  The expression "have given" ("aʿṭaynāka" .. pronounced "aataynaa" meaning 'We have given you' as in Corpus Quran) would indicate present tense better than past.  If it was 'had given' then that would be past.  This makes it very probable that the reference is to the blessings and help which the Prophet received from Allah on earth in the course of his mission.  Also, the other reason I am led to presume that it specifically indicates the blessings and kindness of Allah on the Prophet in this world is from the last verse of Surah Al-Kausar: "Lo! it is thy insulter (and not thou) who is without posterity."  The term "posterity" refers to future generations.  Corpus Quran explains it as "the one cut off."   In this verse Allah comforts the Prophet stating that it's the Prophet's name that will remain in the future generations, and his enemies are the ones who will be cut off or forgotten.  This is a reference to what will happen in future in this world, prior to the Day of Judgement.    As we can see, this is also a fabulous prophecy which has come accurately true, spot on!

Isra and Meraj is of course 100% true, contained in the Noble Quran.  But we don't know which month.  And again, as we know, the Hadith traditions have added plenty of exaggerations with the event of Isra and Meraj, and also lots of mythical rituals connected with the month of Rajab and Shaban.  Isra wal Meraj or Laylat al-Meraj is observed on 27th Rajab.  Today is 19th Rajab and Isra and Meraj 2013 is expected on June 5th or 6th, InshAllah.  But obviously this date has come from the so-called traditions. I haven't found any evidence of this date in the Quran.   I'm not sure if you read our piece on Isra and Meraj.  If not, here is the link you might want to take a look at.  It describes Isra and Meraj strictly in accordance with the information in the Quran. 

"No hardship in Religion / Description of Mairaj"
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=670.0

Yes sister, you're perfectly right.  Only Allah, The Almighty, knows of the details of the reward He will bestow on the Prophet (saaw).   Allah hasn't mentioned what level or grade of reward He will grant to each of His messengers, but we do know that InshAllah, all of Allah's messengers will be rewarded by Him.  The details of what will be given to each individual is a matter of the unseen which only Allah knows, including the reward of the Prophets.

JazekAllah khair.   Allah bless.  May Allah continue to guide all of us.  Ameen, ameen.

muslima:
Thanks for asking dear sis ruhi ,alhamdulillah i am fine , hoping same for u ?

jazak Allah sis okay i understand ,thanks for further explanation

yes i have read that it's bro's post it's very comprehensive one . am there :) regarding the  Isra wal Meraj or Laylat al-Meraj is observed on 27th Rajab as u said i agree Quran does not conform the month and date of miraj event, honestly speaking  personally i don't celebrate these events and Quran does not providing dates either , i am not saying that everyone must be agree with me. it's only my opinion.

btw sis i got to know about shia practice of "Koonday " from shia perspective ( different stories ) , sunni also do it ? i  would like to know if u guys have any information. ?

Ruhi_Rose:
Quote from: muslima on May 30, 2013, 06:19:22 pm

btw sis i got to know about shia practice of "Koonday " from shia perspective ( different stories ) , sunni also do it ? i  would like to know if u guys have any information. ?

lol .. yeah, this is another nonsense.  We have this topic at MV.  A year ago Sis Heba asked on "koonda."  I really didn't know, but Sis Zeynab gave some details.  Yes it's followed by both Shiias and Sunnis but only in South Asia (Pakistan and India).  You can check it at the link below:

'What is "koonda" among Pakistani & Indian Muslims?'
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=3845.0

Zainab_M:
hummm .. this 'koonday' is another one of those many Rajab myths prevalent among Pakistani and Indian Muslims.  22nd Rajab is supposed to be the day for 'koonday.'   Completely un-Quranic practice.  It comes from non-Muslim ideas.  That link sister Ruhi gave provides the basic info on koonday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page