Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation of MV Team where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
June 23, 2018, 10:15:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Strange dream of a relative

+-
Shoutbox
June 08, 2018, 08:49:28 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Leilatul Qadr 1439 (2018) on June 8. To learn about this great Night, read our posts on Leilatul Qadr @ this thread.
May 16, 2018, 04:03:41 am Ruhi_Rose: Ramadan Mubarak to u too brother and to everyone.  May Allah accept our efforts.  Ameen.
May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am N. Truth Seeker: Ramadan 2018 Mubarak to all.  Just finished sahoor, getting ready for Fajr.  Alhumdulilah.
November 09, 2017, 04:26:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: Please pray for Rohingya children. As genocide in Buddhist Burma continues, many Rohingya children arriving in Bangladesh camps don't know where their parents are. May the Burmese murderer-terrorist Su Kyi rot in Hell.
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Strange dream of a relative  (Read 458 times)
Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:43:24 am »

This incident occured a very long time ago.  It was experienced by the mother of an aunt of mine.  This aunt was my father's cousin.  Of course, neither me nor anyone of my generation was born at that time.  My father was still in college .. or probably in the university.  The story was told to us (to my siblings and me) by our parents much later. 

My aunt, that is, my father's cousin, had a younger brother.  When this boy was a teenager, he hurt himself badly while playing cricket.  It was said that the wooden cricket ball hit one of his eyes.  Because of the injury, that eye not only got disfigured but he also lost his vision through it.  This made him awfully depressed.  Even with all the love and support he got from his family, he became a recluse.   

To make matters worse, a year or so after this accident, the boy began suffering from epilepsy.  He would get epiliptic bouts suddenly .. that gradually began getting more frequent.  His emotional state worsened and he was said to be constantly distraught.  He became a very private person and would hardly see anyone, except his immediate family. 

They lived in a house that was somewhere close to the railway tracks.  One day the boy quietly slipped out of the house without the knowledge of his parents and siblings.  He decided to take his own life by throwing himself on the railway track.  He did just that and was killed instantly.   

The news soon reached his family at home.  He was buried the following day.  His family, particularly his parents, were extremely shocked and upset.  His mother, who was hurting the most, decided to keep his blood splattered shirt in which he was crushed to death by the train.  She didn't wash the shirt, but left it exactly the way it was.  She simply folded it and kept it in her cupboard as a remembrance.

Months passed by.  Almost a year after the son's death, the mother had a dream.  In that dream, she saw her son come up to her and tell her that a tiny bone of his body was still stuck in his shirt which she had kept in her cupboard.  Early next morning, when the mother awoke, the first thing she did was to inspect that shirt.  True enough, she and the rest of the family found a very small bone, much like a cartilage of the human body, stuck at one corner of the tattered shirt.  They removed the bone from the shirt and buried it alongside the boy's grave.

Sounds weird, doesn't it?

This was a much circulated story on my father's side of the family, and only Allah knows the actual truth of the matter.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:30:20 am »

whoops, this is interesting and quaint.  Must have been a very un-nerving experience for the family.  People do sometimes like to keep the clothes in which their loved ones had passed away for sentimental reasons.  In cases like these, I'm sure it would bring back very sad memories because the person died so violently, not peacefully in bed.

May Allah grant strength of all grieving family members who've lost their loved ones.  It can be such a shattering experience.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:06:26 pm »

Interesting read, sis  Shocked   No doubt it's a very strange dream.  And its conformity with the truth of actually finding a cartilege in the shirt must have added to the emotional trauma of the grieving family. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: