Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 09:00:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Did the Prophet guarantee Paradise to anyone?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Did the Prophet guarantee Paradise to anyone?  (Read 900 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:10:40 am »

According to some narrator in al-Bukhari, the Prophet is allegedly quoted as saying "Whoever gaurantees me (control of his speech and sexual passions) I will guarantee him Paradise. (Bukhari - vol.8 - Hadith 799)

There's no doubt about the fact that Allah Almighty tells us to control our anger, to be kind, polite and humble.  Allah also tells us to abstain from lewdness and totally restrain ourselves from immoral behaviour. 

However, the point is, regardless of a person's wisdom or lack of it, no one can guarantee Paradise to anyone.  This is entirely the decision of Allah.  The Quraan does not grant the prerogative to any of the Prophets to guarantee Paradise.  The Quraan has made it very clear that the responsibility of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was only to deliver the Message.  The Prophet was not responsible for the actions of others.  Also, the Prophet did not know the future, and he couldn't make any promises about Paradise. 

This is another Hadith that very much violates the values of the Noble Quraan.  Thus, it cannot be truthful.  Surely, the Prophet did not say such things.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:01:49 pm »

Yes, u r right sister.  The Prophet (  proem ) never made any such promises to anyone.  He passed the Message of the Quran to the people around him and I'm sure he must have explained to them the important issues and answered their questions, but he didn't ever confirm who would go to Paradise or who wouldn't.  The Prophet never indulged in something that the Quran does not make his job.  All those of us who trust the Prophet (  proem ), and we surely do, know that for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:16 pm »

Indeed very well spotted. I agree completely. Because you have taken the Qur'an as the guide, you know Qur'anic stance on matters. But they will simply read the Hadith and say "wow, what a great Hadith". That is because they dont know anything of the Qur'an, nor are they interested to learn anything from it. Thats for the scholars. And surely the Hadith must be valid since it is they who verified it - "you're just a layman".

Poke them a bit more and they will say if a Hadith contradicts Qur'an the Hadith cant be accepted. Yet they know nothing about the Qur'an and shun it completely and follow every vain Hadith instead.

peace.
Report Spam   Logged
muslima

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:42:49 pm »

salamem

such type of hadiths always disturb me !! i wonder how can mr bukhari Grant himself authority to distributes and guarantee paradise to anyone On the belaf of prophet (pbuh) , on his own conditions as he is the owner of paradise .how do these guys have got courage to own the property of Allah.?.tuba Jannah is belongs  to ONLY Allah All Alone. Prophet (pbuh) would never place himself above or equal to Allah nor would he guarantee that which he could not and it is only through Allah that we will enter His Paradise. Quran reject directly claim of this hadith Alhamdulillah Mashalllah sister very important thing to know mostly muslims don't get the point  in fact don't understand the very strong verse 6:15 u quote and argue about it !! that why can't prophet guarantee jannah to anyone here is a answer direct from Quran  !!  Adding further more sis  zeynab !!

we can't take Quran for granted !!

"Say (O Muhammad), "I am not different from other messengers. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me. I am no more than a profound warner." 46:9

claims that prophet  Muhammad (pbuh) guarantee paradise is not valid when the Quran states that he (prophet) does not know what will happen to himself or to others ....................     Why  ?? becacuse Allah says in Quran !!  We shall question the messengers 7:6

Then verily We shall question those unto whom (Our message) hath been sent, and verily We shall question the messengers.7:6

Then verily We shall narrate unto them (the event) with knowledge, for We were not absent (when it came to pass).7:7

on the Day of Judgement  !! Prophets will be questioned about the efforts they made to convey Allah's Message to mankind. On the other hand, the people to whom the Prophets were sent will be questioned about their response to the message..

@ Do some fear of Allah !! Those who are spreading lies against Prophet (pbuh),and those Who wasting their life in negligence. there is no guarantee of  paradise just work  hard and ask Allah's mercy .

Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: