Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 08:10:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Removal of misogynistic Hadeeth in Turkey

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Removal of misogynistic Hadeeth in Turkey  (Read 2199 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:46:59 am »

Turkey aims to bridge the gap between faith and modernity by removing misogynistic statements from Muslim literature

By Mustafa Akyol

Washington Post
Istanbul (Jul 22, 2006)

"Women are imperfect in intellect and religion."

"The best of women are those who are like sheep."

"If a woman doesn't satisfy her husband's desires, she should choose herself a place in hell."

"If a husband's body is covered with pus and his wife licks it clean, she still wouldn't have paid her dues."

"Your prayer will be invalid if a donkey, black dog or a woman passes in front of you."

In a bold but little-noticed step toward reforming Islamic tradition, Turkey's religious authorities recently declared that they will remove these statements, and more like them, from the hadiths -- the non-Koranic commentary on the words and deeds of the prophet Muhammad.

Hadiths are serious stuff. More than 90 per cent of the sharia (Islamic law) is based on them rather than the Koran, and the most infamous measures of the sharia -- the killing of apostates, the seclusion of women, the ban on fine arts, the stoning of adulterers and many other violent punishments for sinful behaviour -- come from the hadiths and the commentaries built upon them.

Eliminating these misogynistic statements from the hadiths is a direct challenge to some of the most controversial aspects of Islamic tradition.

Modern Muslim intellectuals have long argued that the hadiths should be revised, but this is the first time in recent history that a central Islamic authority has taken the dramatic step of deciding to edit them.

The media and intellectuals of Ankara and Istanbul largely welcomed last month's decision, which the Turkish government supported.

Although there were rumblings of discontent from ultraconservative commentators, they didn't amount to a protest.

Yet despite the rhetoric about the need to make alliances with progressive Islam in the fight against terrorism, Turkey's move toward reform has been widely overlooked in the West, and there has been little acknowledgment of it in other Muslim countries.

The proposed revision came from the Diyanet, Turkey's highest Islamic authority, which controls more than 76,000 mosques in Turkey and other parts of Europe.

Its president, Ali Bardakoglu, a liberal theologian appointed three years ago by the ruling conservative Justice and Development Party (known as AKP), declared that a new collection of hadiths, free of such misogyny, would be prepared by 2008.

He also announced that enlightened imams would be sent to the rural, conservative regions of southeastern Turkey to preach against practices such as honour killings.

Many Muslims view hadiths as sacrosanct, although their accuracy has been a major point of contention among scholars. The hadiths were compiled two centuries after the Koran, which was transcribed during the prophet's lifetime and canonized right after his death in Medina in the 7th century.

By the 9th century, people were constructing such strange stories from the prophet that scholars such as Muhammad al-Bukhari and Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj decided to evaluate and catalogue them. Focusing on the reliability of the chain of transmitters, these scholars created collections of sahih, or trustworthy, hadiths.

But some modern Islamic scholars have felt increasingly uneasy about the inconsistencies and narrow-minded assertions in these collections.

There are other hadiths that explain Muhammad's great respect for his wives, for example, and insist on the rights of women. The contradiction implies a need for revision.

"I can't imagine a prophet who bullies women," said Hidayet Tuksal, a feminist theologian in Ankara. "The hadiths that portray him so should be abandoned."

Similarly, in proposing to create its new standard collection, the Turkish Diyanet intends to look beyond the chain of transmitters to logic, consistency and common sense.

In many ways, this is a revival of an early debate in Islamic jurisprudence between rival camps known as the adherents of the hadiths and the adherents of reason -- a debate that ended with the triumph of the former.

The reawakening of this medieval debate and the consequent revision of the hadith literature could be a revolutionary breakthrough.

It is no accident that Turkey is the place where the traditional sharia is being reconsidered. The process of modernizing Islam, which dates in Turkey from the late Ottoman Empire, has accelerated since the 1980s, when Turkish society began to open.

Since then, a flourishing Muslim bourgeoisie has emerged, and members are wittily called "Islamic Calvinists" for their religiously inspired capitalism.

This has given rise to a new social atmosphere: In modern Turkey, you see models parading down the catwalk in fancy headscarves and Koranic courses promoted by clowns handing out ice cream. Muslim politicians such as Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul repeatedly stress the need for change in the Islamic world.

These reform-minded Muslims are not secularists who want to do away with religion. On the contrary, they want to reinterpret Islam because they believe that its divinely ordained, humane and generous essence has been eclipsed by mortal man's erroneous traditions and ideologies.

This is crucial because only such godly reformists have a chance to appeal to more traditional members of their faith. Since the 19th century, traditional Muslims have felt forced to choose between their faith and modernity -- a dilemma that has been fueling a reactionary strain of radical Islam.

The Islamic world needs an alternative -- a path between modernity and bigotry. With its revision of the traditional Islamic sources and with its rising Muslimhood that embraces democracy and open society, Turkey may just be opening the way.

Taken from 'The Hamilton Spectator'
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 01:11:16 am »

very interesting.  even as a follower of hadith i welcome this step coz such misogynistic ones are for sure not authentic. 

it also reminds me dear zeynab, u posted this at MPACUK recently and were bombarded with harsh words  teethsmile  but i'm glad u held on to your point.  personally i have no problem with the institution of hadith but it needs to be filtered from time to time coz people keep tampering with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 01:30:11 am »

aah! thanks for posting this zeynab.  i was searching for it all over the web and meant to ask u about it.  my uncle told me that in turkey some of those nasty writings the ulemas call 'ahadith' were discarded.  it was good news to all the genuinely believing members of the ummah (which might be few in number unfortunately).  i was so eager to find this article.  thanks again, sis!  Cheesy  some of the nasty ones r already quoted in this article.  yet those with bigoted minds were livid including the crazy one of MPACUK.  their apathy not to evaluate something so brazen surprises and scares me.  would the prophet muhammad (pbuh) who was so well known for his wisdom, gentle and appreciative spirit, and good manners ever say such words?  when will these cheerleaders of the imams and mullahs realize this?

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 01:39:09 am »

good news ??  you bet  teethsmile   and correct that the cheerleaders with fixated minds r upset.  as Allah says in the Quran that the wrong deeds of those who r misguided seem fair to them.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 01:47:14 am »

wsalam ... nice to know that all of u read the point so correctly.  i too think it was a very wise and much needed step taken by the enlightened ulemas of Turkey.  may Allah bless them. 

it also reminds me dear zeynab, u posted this at MPACUK recently and were bombarded with harsh words  teethsmile  but i'm glad u held on to your point. 

LOL .. yes persian, i remember that.  when u try to uphold the truth, falsehood always tries to carry out its attacks.  but we need to be firm.  moreover, i'm used to such cheap bombardments by now.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:12:15 pm »

Alhamdulilah - Turkey is following up on this task still further.  They are seriously taking bold steps to revise the entire Hadith literature that has been filled with just too much falsehood and violations of the Quraan. 

However much they revise the Hadith collections, it can never be too much because Hadith is an unnecessary attachment to begin with.  It claims to be the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) which it's NOT, and it claims to explain the Noble Quraan which is does NOT.

If certain traditionalists have given Hadith the label of being "second to the Quraan," that's their personal idea that carries NO conformity with the Quraan. 

The final truth is:

-  The Noble Quraan is complete and is NOT dependent on the Hadith for explanation.

-  The Hadith does NOT explain the Quraan.  It has tried to explain only about 20% of the Quraan and that effort has failed because those explanations by the Hadith are totally incorrect and incompatible with the values of the Noble Quraan.

-  The Hadith narrations are NOT the sayings of the Prophet (pbuh) but falsely attributed to him (pbuh) for the purpose of giving leverage to the ideas of the clergy.  The Hadith is written by the imams and various Muslim clerics, and this culture of writing Hadith came 200 years after the passing away of the Prophet (pbuh).

-  80% of the Hadith narrations contradict and ignore Quranic values. 

-  The beloved Prophet (pbuh) meticulously followed the Quraanic commandments never even conceived of ever disobeying any of the Quraan's values.

-  There can be no such thing as any book being "second to the Quraan" as claimed by the clergy.  The Noble Quraan is the first and the last Book for a believer for Guidance.  This was the Message sent by the Almighty Allah through the beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and this is exactly what the Prophet preached.  The Prophet had himself forbidden his people from writing down any of his personal sayings.  He preserved only the Revelations of the Noble Quraan within his most trusted family that was shortly compiled, as we see it today.  From the lifetime of the Prophet (pbuh) till the lifetime of Umar bin Khattab (ra), thousands of Hadiths were burnt and destroyed on their orders. 

Hence, the decision of revising the Hadith and trashing all the inappropriate ones is a step very much in accordance to the wishes of the Prophet (pbuh).  In fact, if the beloved Prophet (pbuh) was here with us at present, he would definitely demand the remove the Hadith altogether instead of just revising it.

Most importantly, as I mentioned before, the Noble Quraan is the only Book we are to adhere to.  The Almighty Allah states in the Noble Quraan not to be focused on any other source for Guidance except the Quraan, because if we get ourselves distracted by other writings, we run the risk of being separated from the true and original path that Allah has shown to us for Guidance .. and it is only the path shown by Allah (i.e. the Glorious Quraan) which is the ultimate truth without any doubts.

“And (He commandeth you, saying) : This is My straight path, so follow it Follow not other ways, lest ye be parted from His way: This hath He ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil)”  (6:153)  Al-An’am 

To read on Turkey's decision to revise Hadith, check the following articles.  Please remember, Hadith is not the sayings of the Prophet (pbuh), but the alleged sayings falsely claimed by the imams and mullahs just as the Old and New Testaments have been altered and filled with unauthentic writings by their clerics to suit their personal motives.

Let's keep praying to the Almighty Allah that those scholars who are genuinely enlightened and perceptive are able to return to the original values of Islam and thus reform the mindset of the mainstream.  I repeat, there is just one pure and totally authentic Message sent to humanity by the Almighty Allah through his final Messenger (pbuh), and this is the Noble Quraan.

Turkey in radical revision of Islamist texts - Telegraph UK

Turkey in radical revision of Islamic texts - BBC News

Salaam Alaikum and peace to all.
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 04:56:43 pm »

Salam sister Zainab, how are you?

Salam to everyone else.

I think Harun Yahya may have something to do with this:

After the death of our Prophet (saas) and his Companions, history records that unrelated heresies and forms of worship were introduced into the original religion, and that countless hadiths and judgments, most of which have survived to our day, were fabricated and attributed to our Prophet (saas). Despite the best efforts of true Muslims to eliminate these fabrications, many practices done in the name of Islam today are not based upon the Qur'an.

As the Qur'an is the only source that can distinguish between the correct and mistaken practices, only its guidance can expose and remove these fabricated heresies. This way, the true religion will resurface.

In the End Times, Allah will restore the religion to its original state and make the Qur'an's morality prevail. When this time comes, He will remove all deviations that hinder people from living by His religion, and will purify Islam from all heresies, false beliefs, and forms of worship.

http://www.harunyahya.com/mahdi04.php

Some important explanations about the End Times are as follows: During the terrible chaos of the final times, Allah will use a servant having superior morality known as the Mahdi (the guide to the truth), to invite humanity back to the right path. The Mahdi's first task will be to wage a war of ideas within the Islamic world and to turn those Muslims who have moved away from Islam's true essence back to true belief and morality. At this point, the Mahdi has three basic tasks:

1. Tearing down all philosophical systems that deny Allah's Existence and support atheism.

2. Fighting superstition by freeing Islam from the yoke of those hypocritical individuals who have corrupted it, and then revealing and implementing true Islamic morality based on the rules of the Qur'an.

3. Strengthening the entire Islamic world, both politically and socially, and then bringing about peace, security and well-being in addition to solving societal problems.

http://www.harunyahya.com/mahdi03.php

btw Sr. Zainab, I am really sorry for not being able to reply to the thread you asked me to. I have been very busy with university as all the deadlines for coursework are set at this time of the year. I also have exams running from the end of the month to the begiing of June. So please accept my appologies.

I hope everything else is good with you. Smiley

Assalamu alaikum 

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:56:48 pm »

Walaikum Salaam br. AOH.  I'm ok, my brother.  thank u so much for remembering me.  I can very well understand your hectic schedule with your studies.  Please don't worry brother.  Whenever you find time, even if it's after June, it would be nice to get your feedback because you do study the Noble Quraan so carefully and devotedly that I find your opinion very trustworthy.  Like I said, take all your time.  Here, in this forum there are no deadlines Smiley  so you really don't have to worry about that.  Do concentrate on your studies and I shall pray for your success.  InshAllah, you'll do very well.

Yes, in Turkey they are officially getting rid of many of those bad, obnoxious Hadiths.  I was delighted to learn that.  Did you mean that Harun Yahya might have had an influential role in the removal of these bad Hadiths?

Actually, Harun Yahya has elucidated many passages of the Noble Quraan very beautifully.  At the same time, surprisingly enough, he doesn't seem to be against Hadith.  I'm quite sure that within his heart he is aware of the truth, that is, the Quraan does not conform with the Hadith.  For that reason, if you notice, his Quraanic interpretations are never supported by Hadith.   And on the other hand, when he talks about the extra-Quraanic literature, that contains no mention of the Quraan.  This could likely be because he too, like so many others, hasn't been able to reconcile the huge differences between the Noble Quraan and the worthless Hadith / fatwas.  Yet, for the sake of adhering to rhetorics and pleasing the audience, he feels the need to retain the Hadith. 

HY sure seems to be a staunch believer in the return of Mahdi.  I've tried to analyse this issue a great deal with the help of the Quraan but I must say, the Quraan gives us absolutely no reasons (not even a remote hint) to believe in such things.  On the contrary, it is precisely these kinds of decorative stories that the Quraan tells us to avoid.  The Quraan says not to utter nor follow matters of which we have no knowledge.  This is how generations of old ruined Allah's religion.   HY writes the article on the return of Mahdi, confidently attributing everything to the Prophet (pbuh) based on the writings of the medieval imams.  In fact, the title of his article on the return of Mahdi starts by stating that the "Prophet (SAAS) describes the end of times ..."  I find this very appaling.  HY seems to have understood the Quraan.  But then why does he attribute such fabrications to the Prophet?  I really don't understand this. It truly surprises me how he doesn't realize his violation. The Quraan says that the Prophet doesn't know the future.  The Prophet himself, never ever made any such claims.  Allah also says in the Quraan that the Last Day will come all of a sudden and the wrongdoers will have no time to make amends.  The Prophet (pbuh) was one of the chosen messengers of Allah.  Allah chose the Prophet for the purpose of making him the vehicle for the Noble Quraan because of his sincerity & honesty.  He (the Prophet) feared and loved Allah even more than we do.  Would he ever commit such verbal transgressions about the unseen and displease Allah?  The answer is, NEVER. 

Indeed, from the deteriorating trend of the world, there will signs for the Last Day as we can already see.  However, the Noble Quraan has not defined these signs and neither did the Prophet.  The knowledge of this aspect is with Allah alone.

I already wrote my personal opinion on this Mahdi issue quite sometime ago.  In case you're interested in reading it, you'll find it here.  You'll also find the link of this bitter debate I had at Afghan Forums.

Btw .. there are plenty of self-made descriptions on the signs of the Last Day that I've heard from the mouth of our "scholars" .. the two other signs apart from Mahdi that I've oft heard are
1) Prior to the Day of Judgment, the sun will rise from west and set in the east ..
2) A lion and a sheep will drink water from the same stream, side by side ..

*sigh*  I really don't know from where people bring such stuff.  Some of it could be from the Bible ....

Take care my dear brother.  I wish you every success at the university.  And also stay in touch with us Smiley

Walakum Salaam ..
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 07:08:21 pm »

I will do sister. Thanks for your good wishes and prayers, and also for your kind words. I am very impressed to see all your work on this forum, and all praise be to Allah that he has made you so knowledgeable with His Book. And to be honest I havent even read a fraction of your posts. But I have intention to go through as much as I can in time. Where I live, there is a high population of Muslims and many 'practicing'. But their ignorance of the Qur'an is astonishing, this ignorance is also reflected in how they measure up Allah. Its only when I read works such as yours I feel reassured that there are some true believers out their who really do value the Qur'an and study it as they should, and I dont feel alone anymore. 

Going back to Harun Yahya, I was thinking maybe he did indeed have an influencial role in the removal of those Hadiths.

As with you, I too feel quite puzzled at the situation. I really admire a lot of his work and use it a lot. But come to the Mahdi issue, I am left quite confused as to how he could conclude such Quranic interpretations and yet as you say, use some distant scholars hadiths and words to prove the existence of Mahdi.

What I do know is that he does not literally write his books. In an interview, he stated that his workers gather the material, he validates their work.
This might allow some room for explenation for the sudden stark differences in ideas in his work. For example, a book devoted completely on the importance of the ahlus-sunna is a complete anomaly in his work which mostly consists of highly Qur'an only material.

Sometimes I wonder if his original objective was to take people back to the Qur'an and move them away from the corruption that has happened, and he is just using the concept of Mahdi to get everyone to follow him. But then I think if he was sincere in bringing people back to the Qur'an, he would not be using the Mahdi concept and insinuating himself as the Mahdi. This leaves me even more perplexed!

Take care sister, and speak to you soon!

Assalamu alaikum. 
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 10:21:32 pm »

Thank you dear brother for such kind words.  Yes, I always pray for the success and well being of all true believers who are sincere with a clean heart, and you are surely one of those few. 

I fully share your views on HY.  His analysis of the Noble Quraan is excellent, but his dependency on hadith literature contradicts his temperament.  You could be right about him having a role in getting rid of bad hadiths in Turkey .. the ones that are vulgar and mean particularly toward women.  No doubt that's a very positive step.  But I think that people like YH should also realise that the entire hadith literature originates from the same dubious and highly doubtful sources, therefor it doesn't seem right to nit pick and retain the ones which the "ulemas" like.  Such selective study itself suggests deception.  I maybe wrong, but this is the way I feel.  Hadith in its entirety must not be given this high status at all.  It distracts the majority completely from the Message of Allah. 

... he would not be using the Mahdi concept and insinuating himself as the Mahdi. This leaves me even more perplexed!

You mean he refers to himself as 'Mahdi' ??   Shocked  Oh my dear Allah!  I didn't know that.  then he must be quite a deviant.  Believing in Mahdi itself violates the Quraan .. and for a person to proclaim himself a savior on Judgment Day with such a title is a gross violation.

Btw .. I was reading the link you posted on YH's works on Mahdi.  The heading on the last paragraph of that link states "Various hadiths reveal that the Qur'an refers to the Mahdi."  Then he's quoted a couple of hadiths by Ibn Hajjar and Al-Muttaqi.  And below that he quotes a portion of Verse 157 of Surah Al-Araf - "… Those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the Light that has been sent down with him, they are the ones who are successful." (7:157).   If HY is trying to show that these words of the Quraan refer to Mahdi, he is totally wrong.  These words refer to Prophet Muhammad.  There's absolutely no doubt about that.

I quote the full verse as follows:

"Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, and honour him, and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful." (7:157)

HY has quoted only the portion I've marked in blue.

Thank you again my dear brother.  and really sorry for taking up your time when you already have so much to do Smiley  Yes, InshAllah, will talk soon.  Allah bless.  Salaam Alaikum.
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 07:49:07 pm »

Peace be to you dear sister Zainab, hope everything is well with you, inshallah Smiley. Dont appologise, I always like reading your posts alhamdulillah. Smiley

Yes Harun Yahya does plainly suggest that he is the Mahdi...I have no doubt about that. I have watched video programs, read articles and I am certain of this. For example, in one article, he tries to prove the he is a "Syed" (a decendant of the Prophet)...the article gives extensive proof (documentation) proving that HY is indeed a decendant of the Prophet. In the same article following on from that, it goes on to state that the Mahdi will be a decendant of the Prophet (hint hint). This is just one example out of a list them. Basically, the method employed is that he states his own charecteristics and then Mahdi's charecteristics which always match, and in the audiences mind there is no doubt that they match and he must be the mahdi. In an interview, he was asked about this and he states that the mahdi will never actually say he is the mahdi! Did I give you the link once?

Its ubelievable how HY completely twisted that Verse! Alhamdulillah how you showed us the right interpretation.

We only have Allah to thank for guiding us to the straight path. Not refering to HY but generally for example, Hadith people always twist Verses that are plain to us...who is it that gives us the insight if not for Allah? Sometimes I wonder what it is that stops them from comprehending these Verses? And may He continue to guide us till we meet our ends.

Just on a side note, out of all the creation on earth, all the species and human beings....disbelieving human beings are the only group who isolated themselves from the rest of creation...because the rest of creation, all animals and living beings submit and glorify Allah in their own way....and so do the believing human beings along with the rest of creation. It so happens due to Allah's will that disbelieving people will become the odd ones, out of the rest and deserve Hell. Again, may Allah keep us on the right path. The rest of Allah's creation are with the believers.

Take care sister and speak to you soon inshalAlah. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 08:10:49 pm »

Peace be to you dear sister Zainab, hope everything is well with you, inshallah Smiley.

Yes Harun Yahya does plainly suggest that he is the Mahdi...I have no doubt about that.

Its ubelievable how HY completely twisted that Verse! Alhamdulillah how you showed us the right interpretation.

We only have Allah to thank for guiding us to the straight path. Not refering to HY but generally for example, Hadith people always twist Verses that are plain to us...who is it that gives us the insight if not for Allah? And may He continue to guide us till we meet our ends.

Take care sister and speak to you soon inshallah. Smiley

That bit about HY is an unpleasant surprise for me.  Thanks for the info dear brother.

Yes brother .. the bounty, consideration and kindness of Allah upon us is infinite and amazing.  We humans are so, so lucky.  I often think to myself .. as a human being despite all my mistakes and sins, yet why did Allah be so kind to me as to show me the right path with so much of guidance?  Allah Himself answers this question by stating in the Noble Quraan that His mercy can never be "walled up."  Reflections on this aspect, like so many others in the Noble Quraan, is moving and inspiring enough to bring tears into the eyes of a genuine believer who truly understands the Almighty God.

I pray and hope your university assignments are progressing well.   Take care my brother.  May Allah always keep you in His care and protect you.  InshAllah, will surely talk soon. 

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 07:35:29 pm »

Peace sister Zainab,

Harun Yahya has a lot of Qur'an-only work, which I use to spread the message of the Qur'an to people. They have nothing to do with the Mahdi, so it works to our advantage. He has lots of audio Books that are based purely on the Qur'an...here is a list of them, some of them you may have heard already as I have posted them up before. Others, you have not and its worth listening to them when you get the time:

Ever Thought About the Truth?
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/truth.ram

Importance of Conscience in the Qur'an:
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/conscience.ram

The Nightmare of Disbelief
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/disbelief.ram

Death, Resurrection & Hell
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/death.ram

Secrets of the Qur'an
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/secrets.ram

Before You Regret
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/regret.ram

Deep Thinking
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/deep.ram

Never Plead Ignorance
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/never.ram

Basic Concepts in the Qur'an:
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/concepts.ram

How do the Unwise Interpret the Qur'an?
http://www.sparklywater.com/files/abooks/unwise.ram

Thank you for your well wishes and prayer....it is Allah alone who provides us with intellect and ability to think, all success is from Him. So many people enjoy intelligence along with other bounties thinking they are the providers and originators of these blessings. They will be held accountable for not attributing everything to Allah. Allah says in Surah An-Nahl ...."any blessing you have is from Allah" (16:53), and in Surah Al-Mulk ..."and He made for you hearing, sight and minds so that you may show gratitude" (67:23).

Take care. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 11:11:09 pm »

Many thanks dear brother for all these links.  I'm so glad u put them.  InshAllah I'll go thru all of them in due course.  Yes, u r right, and as I too noted .. if we just forget HY's Hadith side, his Quraanic elucidations are very good and surely we should utilize them to spread the Message of the Quraan.  The fact that he doesn't mix the Quraan with the Hadiths allows us to concentrate peacefully and uninterruptedly to the Quraanic Message.  I suppose, the number of people who's goal is to understand the entire Quraan with an unmotivated mind and desire to keep Islam original are such few that we don't have the luxury to be too finiky while choosing scholars and thinkers.  Most of them, while coming up with good interpretations will suddenly stumble at certain points and say a some kinda nonsense now and then.  So, we need to ignore the nonsense and pick the sense they speak.    Frankly, as for me, I seldom find myself in need for too many interpretations.  I'm by no means claiming to be intelligent, far from it rather Smiley  But somehow I clearly feel that Allah has made me self-sufficient .. enough for conducting my own life on the basis of the Quraan by understanding it and implementing it in the situation of my own personal life.  And that really feels like such a huge blessing.  I thank Him for it, every bit.  The reason we need to refer to Quraanic interpretations of writers and thinkers periodically is for purposes of interaction with others, online and offline.  Such references often have a better impact on people, helping them to understand matters.  But we need to be careful about choosing good interpretations, and I agree, HY explains the Quraan well. 

And, yes brother Ace, eventually the credit for every success we experience in life goes to Allah alone.  This is the real Truth.  I feel so sad that no one, just no one understands it .. and some really apathetic ones even make light of this vital Truth. 

My Rubb! I seek refuge in You from suggesstions of the evil ones  (23:97) 

Thanks again for the links brother.
Report Spam   Logged

Ozcan

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 01:53:00 am »

Please avoid Harun Yahya people, I've learned enough to conclude that he is a nutcase who believes he is the mahdi. He is a typical traditionalist and has absolutely no Islamic education at all. Not that the so-called educated ulema are any better but that's another story, lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: