Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post titled "Zainab's Lounge"). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
August 15, 2020, 06:40:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Jinn in the Noble Quran

+-
Shoutbox
July 07, 2020, 11:23:26 am N. Truth Seeker: InshAllah, vaccine will come but might take a bit of time.
July 07, 2020, 11:22:43 am Heba E. Husseyn: Exactly ... !
July 07, 2020, 11:22:10 am Zeynab: World stuck in a pandemic desperately needs a vaccine.
July 07, 2020, 11:21:18 am N. Truth Seeker: lol true.
July 07, 2020, 11:20:59 am N. Truth Seeker: Very soon it will be neck deep.
July 07, 2020, 11:20:23 am Heba E. Husseyn: Dr. Fauci in US says country is knee-deep in pandemic.
May 30, 2019, 06:15:49 am Zeynab: Alhudulilah, yes sister Ruhi.  Time flies in this fleeting world.  May Allah The Almighty accept our hard work in the permanent world.  That's the real success.
May 30, 2019, 03:43:58 am Ruhi_Rose: Jumaa-tul-widaa (farewell to Ramadan) tomorrow Friday 31.  How time flies!  Ya Allah, keep us close to Your mercy.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Jinn in the Noble Quran  (Read 2472 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 12:13:56 pm »

I too think they were the real jinn, not human foreigners. 

Also I would opine at that time the Prophet (pbuh) couldn't have known they were jinn until the revelation of Verses 46:29-30.  The reason being that when jinn appear before humans, they appear in very much the human form.

The aspect of meeting 'face to face' can have two interpretations - either meeting / seeing the jinn who were present in a crowd consisting of jinn and humans  OR specifically meeting a group of jinn with eye to eye contact.  Which of the two possibilities was true is only known to Allah.

As usual, hadith has made many stories on these Verses that are apparently baseless.  According to hadith, the Prophet (pbuh) met them 'face to face' (the eye to eye reference) and knew they were jinn.   But there is no evidence in these Verses to confirm these points. 

Quoting two hadith narrations linked with Verses 46:29-30:

"About one of these deputations Hadrat Abdullah bin Masud relates: "One day the Holy Prophet remained missing from Makkah for the whole night. We could not know his whereabouts and feared he might have been attacked by somebody. Early in the morning we saw him coming from the direction of Hira. On inquiring he said that a jinn had come to invite him and he had accompanied him and recited the Qur'an to a gathering of them there." (Muslim, Musnad Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Abu Da'ud).

"Hadrat Abdullah bin Masud has related another tradition, saying: "Once the Holy Prophet asked his Companions in Makkah as to which of them would accompany him that night to meet the jinns. I became ready to go with him. At a place in the upper quarters of Makkah the Holy Prophet drew a line and told me not to cross it. Then he went forward and stood and began to recite the Qur'an. I saw that a number of the people had gathered around him and they stood between me and him."' (Ibn Jarir, Baihaqi: Dala`il an-Nubuwwat, Abu Nu`aim Isfahani: Dale Il an-Nubuwuat).

The above stories, and several other similar ones, are not reliable at all.  There are no Quranic references to such events.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: