Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 18, 2024, 01:34:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Banning of gold and silk according to Hadith

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Banning of gold and silk according to Hadith  (Read 2813 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 08, 2006, 04:42:07 am »

The following ahadith have been challenged with references to the Quran in the next post on this thread titled "Why did Imam Bukhari disallow gold and silk .."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold and silk ban according to Hadith:

This prohibition of gold and silk are among many others NOT endorsed by the Noble Quran. There are many Hadith quoted on this subject which clearly prohibits men from wearing silk clothes and wearing gold ring.

HADITH BY BUKHARI

4: 356  'Abdullah bin Abu Mulaika
Some silken cloaks with golden buttons were presented to the Prophet. He distributed them amongst his companions and kept one for Makhrama, bin Naufal. Later on Makhrama came along with his son Al-Miswar bin Makhrama, and stood up at the gate and said (to his son). "Call him (i.e. the Prophet) to me." The Prophet heard his voice, took a silken cloak and brought it to him, placing those golden buttons in front of him saying, "O Abu-al-Miswar! I have kept this aside for you! O Abu-al Miswar! I have kept this aside for you!" Makhrama was a bad-tempered man.

SILK CLOTHES LAWFUL FOR COMPANIONS

4:168: Anas
The Prophet allowed 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf and Az-Zubair to wear silken shirts because they had a skin disease causing itching.

SILK CLOTHES LAWFUL BECAUSE OF DISEASE

7:732: Abdullah bin Umar
'Umar saw a silk suit being sold, so he said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why don't you buy it so that you may wear it when delegates come to you, and also on Fridays?" The Prophet said, "This is worn only by him who has no share in the Hereafter." Afterwards the Prophet sent to 'Umar a silk suit suitable for wearing. 'Umar said to the Prophet, "You have given it to me to wear, yet I have heard you saying about it what you said?" The Prophet said, "I sent it to you so that you might either sell it or give it to somebody else to wear."

Is there any verse in the Quran supporting the claim that those who wear silk have no share in the hereafter? Did Allah mention in the Quran that the wearers of silk will be put in hell, or garden is forbidden for them? Why Muslims believe in such nonsense Hadith. Are the Muslims witnesses to these Hadith?

7:755: 'Abdullah
Allah's Apostle wore a gold or silver ring and placed its stone towards the palm of his hand. The people also started wearing gold rings like it, but when the Prophet saw them wearing such rings, he threw away that golden ring and then wore a silver ring.

No valid reason, companions following prophet. Gold ring cannot be thrown, as it is an expensive metal

7:553: Al-Bara bin Azib
Allah's Apostle ordered us to do seven things and forbade us to do seven other things. He forbade us to wear gold rings, silk, Dibaj, Istabriq, Qissy, and Maithara; and ordered us to accompany funeral processions, visit the sick and greet everybody. (See Hadith No. 104)

Above Hadith throwing gold ring, but now banning gold ring

7:693: 'Uqba bin 'Amir
A silken Farruj was presented to Allah's Apostle and he put it on and offered the prayer in it. When he finished the prayer, he took it off violently as if he disliked it and said, "This (garment) does not befit those who fear Allah!"

A prophet accepting a gift, wearing it, praying with it and then taking it off violently because it does not fit for those who fear Allah. Doesn't this sound funny? Was prophet not fearful before praying? Prophet was the most obedient and fearful of Allah then one could imagine. If Allah had banned, then prophet would not have wore in the first place let alone praying with it, this proves that this Hadith is 100% fake and fabricated

7:726: 'Umar bin Al-Khattab
Allah's Apostle said, "None wears silk in this world, but he who will have no share in the Hereafter."

Allah has promised gold bracelets and silk as a reward in the hereafter for the righteous people. If it is haraam in this world, how can it be halaal in the hereafter? Think again?

7:722: Ibn Abi Laila
While Hudhaifa was at Al-Madain, he asked for water whereupon the chief of the village brought him water in a silver cup. Hudhaifa threw it at him and said, "I have thrown it only because I have forbidden him to use it, but he does not stop using it. Allah's Apostle said, 'Gold, silver, silk and Dibaj (a kind of silk) are for them (unbelievers) in this world and for you (Muslims) in the hereafter.' 

Related post:   The Noble Quran does not disallow men from wearing silk and women using perfume.  So, why did Bukhari forbid them?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:49:18 am »

Salaams and it's a good idea to post these hadeeth narrations.  It makes the contradictions more clear.  I've read most of them before and the questions raised by brother Hafeez with direct references to the Glorious Quraan struck me even before I read his article.  I must say, brother Hafeez's arguments are truly rational and sensible, Alhamdulilah ..

Thanks again sis Heba.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: