Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 20, 2024, 01:15:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Healing Power of Quran - by Abdal Daem Al-Kheel

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Healing Power of Quran - by Abdal Daem Al-Kheel  (Read 1918 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 13, 2008, 08:17:04 am »

The original of this work is written in Arabic by Al-Kheel.  It's been translated into English.  This is more a thesis than an article put into a power-point presentation consisting of 12 slides.  You can watch and read the presentation by visiting the following link.  

THE HEALING POWER OF QUR'AN - BETWEEN SCIENCE AND FAITH

In a gist, the author writes about sound that's made up of vibrations having different frequency levels.  The sound waves are received by the ear, then they're turned into electrical signals and carried to a certain section of the brain by the nerves.  The brain then translates these electrical signals into meaningful words or language for the person.  Depending upon the kind of sound, it can have healing power.  The sound of the Quraan has that healing power.  This much is very true.

But if you read the entire presentation, it deals mostly with the physical aspects of the human anatomy.  Perhaps the author is himself a medical professional or probably he's read a lot of books on the immune system, development of cells, brain & body connection etc.  What struck me was that the author is trying to present the Noble Quran as a tangible physical medicine prescribed by a doctor in bottles or packets and he is downplaying the most important fact that the Quran is a Message from the unseen sent by Allah which first and foremost emphasises upon the spiritual & moral ethics / principles of the human race.  This is Allah's standard of judgment.  This much we know for sure.  The intentions and sincerity of the human heart is the most vital issue that Allah takes into consideration, on the basis of which He enhances the healing power of the Quran for a person.  But the author seems to be ignoring this aspect.  

For e.g.  Al-Kheel writes in slide 6 of this presentation that "Recently scientists found that sound has a strange healing power and an amazing effect on the brain cells .... Reciting the Quran has an astonishing effect on these cells and is capable of restoring their balance; the brain is the organ that controls the body and from it the orders come to the rest of the body"

Okay, now what do you find missing here?  We know that biologically the disbelievers are also created by Allah in exactly the same way as believers.  The author also could be right about the impact of environmental sounds on cells.  However, does this mean that even a kafir will be able to derive this advantage of healing the imbalancement of his body cells if he hears the Quran?   This idea contradicts the Quran so I won't agree with it.  In the Quran, Allah has said many times that He confounds those still more who disbelieve and never try to seek the right path nor ever reflect upon His Greatness.  Such people are never able to grasp the beauty of the Quran nor does Allah bestow them with insight or guidance.  Therefor, the sound of the Quranic words and recitations will only be a healing and "balm" (Allah specifically uses the word "balm" to describe the affect of the Quran on believers, not disbelievers) for the righteous who believe in Allah and love Him.  Hence, when it comes to the Quran, the ultimate decision and control of allowing the Quran to have healing powers for a person is upto Allah, not upto the translations of the human brain.

And only Allah knows the actual and final truth of this matter.  Allah-o-Alim.

Your feedback will be welcomed and helpful.

Assalaam Alaykumn and peace  
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:39:56 am »

A relative of mine sent me this p.p. presentation just a few days ago.  My comments were basically the same as yours.  I too think that this author is putting too much emphasis on the physical aspect.  He is looking upon the Noble Quraan as a medicine in a bottle and thus ignoring the interaction of the Quraan with the human spirit, conscience and  intent.

I quote my response to my relative as follows:

Interesting one.  The way the bodies & minds of humans and all living creatures are designed by Allah Almighty is itself a miracle and proof of His perfection.  Considering the huge complexities involved in the functioning of body and brain, it's a blessing from Him that we are able to pass so many days and nights of our lives feeling well and healthy.   This is the physical side of matters.   As I perceive it, the great power of healing through the Quraan takes affect on the basis of our devotion, strength of Faith and trust in Him.   In other words, the process of healing through the Quraan interacts first with our spirit and subsequently affects the body as per the Will of Allah.  He says in the Quraan that His Message is a warning for disbelievers and a “balm” for those who believe and reflect.   Verse 10:57 as quoted in this presentation says:   

"O mankind! There hath come unto you an exhortation from your Lord, a balm for that which is in the breasts, a guidance and a mercy for believers."  10:57   Yunus    

I would interpret "balm" as a soothing element that provides peace of heart & mind to those able to perceive His reality, expand their Faith and elevate their character.   And oh!  this is so true.   

If a skeptical person recites the Quraan during an illness (or any other adversity) as a blind ritual or simply at the advise of someone (just the way they would swallow an anti-biotic pill), Allah may not allow such a person to experience the healing powers of His great Message.   

The Quraan makes a clear distinction between the body and soul - the former being only an encasement of the latter and is destructible at the advent of death while the latter journeys into the next realm and is preserved in His custody.   This has been elucidated beautifully in Verse 42 of Chapter Az-Zumar which I quote:     

"Allah receiveth (men's) souls at the time of their death, and that (soul) which dieth not (yet) in its sleep. He keepeth that (soul) for which He hath ordained death and dismisseth the rest till an appointed term. Lo! herein verily are portents for people who take thought."  (39:42)  Surah Az-Zumar

Thank you sister.  Salaams and peace.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:11:33 am »

In other words, the process of healing through the Quraan interacts first with our spirit and subsequently affects the body as per the Will of Allah. 

If a skeptical person recites the Quraan during an illness (or any other adversity) as a blind ritual or simply at the advise of someone (just the way they would swallow an anti-biotic pill), Allah may not allow such a person to experience the healing powers of His great Message. 

Absolutely right.  This is precisely the point.  

The Quraan makes a clear distinction between the body and soul  ..... 

Exactly

This has been elucidated beautifully in Verse 42 of Chapter Az-Zumar which I quote:    

"Allah receiveth (men's) souls at the time of their death, and that (soul) which dieth not (yet) in its sleep. He keepeth that (soul) for which He hath ordained death and dismisseth the rest till an appointed term. Lo! herein verily are portents for people who take thought."  (39:42)  Surah Az-Zumar

Wow!  this is one of my favorite verses
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 11:29:51 pm »

I think this is quite a popular slide show that's being circulated among family and friends thru email.  My husband and brother-in-law also received it from one of their cousins.  Sure it's scholarly but I can't agree with certain things it says.   Like sisters rose and zeynab mentioned, the researcher is viewing the Quraan like any physical medicine.  He's forgetting the most relevant fact which Allah has stated many times in his final Book that He bestows guidance and understanding only to those who work for it.  This is a spiritual and moral aspect, not physical.  I agree what sister zeynab said.  If a skeptical person hears the recitation of the Quran, will the sound react on his cells the same way as it would for a believer?  I don't think because the Quran is not like a prescription medicine from a pharmacy.  It's much higher than that because Allah is the All-Knowing Creator with infinite knowledge about everything and every soul.  His decisions are in accordance with His vast knowledge and He has made it clear that believers and skeptics are not alike in His Judgment. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: