Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 02:29:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

For the Attention of Londoners in U.K.

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Linked Events
  • London Rally for Gaza: January 03, 2009
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Attention of Londoners in U.K.  (Read 564 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:07 am »

A peaceful national demonstration is scheduled to be held in London on January 3, 2009 (Saturday) to show support for the unprecedented suffering in Gaza at the hands of Israel.   The timing and venue are as follows.  Those living in London and other parts of U.K. are requested to kindly participate in this rally. 

LONDON (Major Rally)
12.30pm onwards. Demonstration and rally: Assemble at Parliament Square/Embankment, SW1. Nearest tube Westminster.

Source: Action Palestine (by students of Palestine)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:36:32 pm »

This is a great idea and I pray and pray to Allah that it has some positive impact.  I can't say how much I'm dying to participate in it.  But unfortunately I'm thousands of miles away.  I hope, InshAllah, all our brothers and sisters who are living in London and its outskirts are able to find time and transport to arrive at this venue and show their unity in protest to the tyranny of this second Holocaust, the perpetrator of which is the victim of the first Holocaust.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:06 am »

InshAllah, it will be a great event.  Londoners and those close by it are so lucky.  If I was living there I would be preparing to participate with lots of excitement.  It's nice to see that UK Muslims are organizing a lot of such events in support of Gaza and also trying to collect a lot of financial aid in both cash and kind.  That's very good of them.  I don't know why, but Canadian Muslims appear very lazy in comparison.  They ought to be doing much more. 
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:47:52 pm »

Assalamu alaikum,

Thanks very much sister Zeynab for this very important announcement.

The majority of the Muslims cannot see this, the prime reason to the suffering of the Muslims and now the Palestinian people is:

1) Distancing from the Qur'an, 2) Creation of Hadith. The severity of these grew more and more with time after the Prophet's death.

Since only Qur'an teaches true faith in Allah and love for Allah most Muslims have not given themselves the chance for this level of faith. Also, only when one develops the true faith in Allah can they support other fellow believers out of their strong love and awareness of Allah. Only then is Allah on the side of the believers as He says, the party of Allah is always victorious. He can even help through ways we cannot comprehend such as sending angels. Ofcourse, Allah may test the believers but He does not humiliate them unlike in recent times. Due to the systematical distancing of people from the Qur'an using Hadith & Fiqh and therefore Allah, Allah has also distanced Himself from such followers. Qur'anic parables strongly show us that when people do not pay heed to Revelations of Allah, Allah can too ‘forget’ them.

Anyway, our thoughts and prayers are with the Palestinian people at this time of intense suffering.

I was at the demo in London today, it was a massive demonstation, alhamdulillah. I have some pictures you may all like seeing:

marching from Embankment to Trafelgar Square

Trafalgar Square

Shoes marking dead and injured Palestinians

In front of the Israeli Embassy

Apology image links broken as Photobucket not allowing 3rd party hosting without substantial annual fee.  These images cannot be restored as they're not from MV album.
Admin - Sept.2017
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 03:34:14 am »

Walaikum salaam dear brother Ace.  Thanks for putting up these photos.  The world must know about this old and unprecedented injustice perpetrated by the Zionist state.  I'm thrilled that you participated, brother?  I watched it on TV.  If I was in London I would have gone right away.  On television they said there were 12,000 people.  But there should have been much more.  

I look upon this as a purely political matter.  It's a terrirtorial issue.  The Palestinians have been deprived of their indigenous land since 1948 on the basis of 'might is right.  It's difficult to imagine the emotional trauma one can suffer when one becomes stateless in their own homeland.  It's only them who would know what they go through when they see their elderly parents, young children, spouses, siblings, best friends and neighbors dying in pain by Israeli bombs.  Can you imagine how it would feel if our ancestral homes where we had been living for generations were bulldozed and all belongings of our family were thrown under the sun and we were told to live in tents because that land was to be given to an Israeli settler?  If one thinks of it carefully, can anyone really blame them for becoming suicide bombers?  The West is very quick to pick psychological reasons for the behaviour of even the most hardened criminals of their own country.  Yet, they purposely ignore the mental suffering the Palestinian people that's been going on for decades at the hands of their brutal occupiers.

I think this is a time for us to unite with our Palestinian brethrens.  Even if they follow the Hadith, we must put that aside.  After all, they are Muslims and believers and they too love the Quraan.  They've already had far more than their share of suffering and injustice.  They are hated and beaten by their occupiers daily.  They need love, heaps of it, not blame.  And we as Muslims need complete unity.  

If you read the history of the creation of the Zionist state, you will realize it doesn't have anything to do with the Palestinian people 'adhering to Hadith.'  The ancestors of these Zionists who left the Arab world centuries earlier and settled in Western Europe gradually began facing intense discrimination by the Christians which culminated in the Holocaust during WWII.  America and Britian were looking to give the Jews a homeland.  Despite professing their unconditional support for Jews, neither Britian nor America nor any other West European country wanted these nuisances in their own country.  They knew that the poor Palestinians were a defenseless set of people, and a perfect target so they decided to throw them out and give their land to the Jews with the dirty & lying excuse that it was their "Biblical homeland."  It's got nothing to do with anyone's religious beliefs brother.  It's just bloody minded politics.  Perhaps you know the latest breaking news on this.  Tonight America has vetoed UN decision of a ceasefire.  That's America's way of supporting its friend by saying that the murder and mayhem must go on.  U.S. Blocks U.N. Statement on Gaza.

The only ones that oughta be cursed even more than the Zionists and its allies are some of the Arab leaders viz. those of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, UAE, including the Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas of the Fatah Party - the renowned traitor.  The common people of these countries are very sympathetic to this cause, but their the kings and presidents are  pedigreed bastards .. excuse me.  These leaders are in the payroll of the U.S. getting billions every year and American protection from being overthrown in lieu of supporting the American cause in the M.E.  I would agree greatly that these leaders have totally forgotten the commandments of our Noble Quraan and subsequently making their people suffer.  However, Allah is a Watcher over all things.  

Hamas is the choice of the Palestinian people who won the previous elections by a landslide victory over Fatah. They are true practicing Muslims .. honest, simple and with genuine intentions of making their homeland independent and a welfare state for the common Palestinians.  These are just the kind of people whom the West and Zionists hate.  Unfortunately the Western democracy has very clear cut boundaries.  As the left wing journalist, Tariq Ali, put it in his article The Gaza Ghetto and Western Cant, "Western enthusiasm for democracy stops when those opposed to its policies are elected to office ..... Hamas offered the alternative of a simple example. Without any of the resources of its rival, it set up clinics, schools, hospitals, vocational training and welfare programmes for the poor. Its leaders and cadres lived frugally, within reach of ordinary people. It is this response to everyday needs that has won Hamas the broad basis of its support ....  Israeli citizens might ponder the following words from Shakespeare [The Merchant of Venice] that I have slightly altered: ‘I am a Palestinian. Hath not a Palestinian eyes? Hath not a Palestinian hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Jew is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that…the villainy you teach me, I will execute; and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.’ " Do read this complete article brother.  It's a real good one.

To get a quick and comprehensive idea, we've got some very good posts for information of our readers.

The Infamous Massacre of Deir Yassin

Terms 'Judea' and 'Samaria' being used for Zionist Propaganda

Also, check the post in our political board titled Assault on Gaza - those interested in knowing the truth. It will take you to our links page where I've collected the most informative set of about a dozen articles from the best alternative news source available both online and offline.  The blatant truth exposed in these works by many brave journalists are barred from mainstream medias like BBC, CNN etc. etc.
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:29:51 pm »

Salam dear sister Zeynab, thanks very much for the informative reply. : )

I just want to address the issue about Hadith. I will elaborate on what I meant. I am not "blaming the Palestinian people" nor making a brash comment about it being about Hadith and the Palestinian people. I am talking at a much deeper level where Hadith has significantly contributed to the division among Muslims. Please follow carefully. First of all, Hadith is responsible by reducing the Quranic essence of religion of being sincere servents of Allah to fiqh theory, fighting between madhabs & for authenticity of Hadiths and for example, the enmity between Sunni's and Shias. Therefore, since majority took up this from early days, those who became leaders became corrupt and abandoned thoughts of Allah completely and none could do anything about it due to ordinary Muslims no longer having the judgement to appreciate how a believing leader should be.

Look at the appalling state today where the Arab "Muslim" world just watches Israel go in and commit war crimes in Palestine. The leaders of these countries do not love the Palestinians as believers but they see them as Palestinians....because they do not have the qualities of believers in themselves (love and devotion to Allah) described in the Qur'an. Hadith plays a big role in this lack of true devotion to Allah, the affect of which spreads from Day 1 by making religion consist of complicated tangle of theories and scholars works and sciences rather than pure devotion to Allah and adherence to the Quranic way. Leaders were not interested by religion - which was reserved for the elite ulamas and the followers dont know who a true believer is (which they think is utopia only venerated sahaba could be, again kept up by Hadiths). Over the centuries Muslims lost much 'power' due to Allah's will. The build up to today's massacres in Palestine could have been avoided if Muslims adhered to the true way from the Prophet's death - they would have been one nation devoted to Allah's path.

The true believers are strong people on Allah's side and Allah is on their side. Just think, if all the Arab countries' leaders were true sincere believers, they would have been as Allah describes 'compacted wall' fighting in Allah's way. No Arab country would have differentiated between themselves and a Palestinian, what would have mattered is that they are believers. All the power and resources would have been shared. The whole world would have known of this unity of the arab world. This would have meant there is not even the thought of Israel going to attack Palestine. It would have meant an attack on the entire Muslim world - the entire Muslim world's millitary would have been one, deployed as necessary. It would have been such that if Israil attacks Palestine/Hamas, they can expect a military response not just from Hamas but from the entire believing Muslim world as one. In fact, Israel would probably have not been able grow to this level of power or to even occupy the Palestinian lands forcefully if all Muslims were united through fear of Allah and strength from the Qur'an, right from the beginning of the Prophet's death because believers would not allow this to happen and Allah would be on their side, Allah-willing (I hope I have explained how Hadith has contributed to the state of the Muslims).

Not just the Palestine issue today, decades of Muslim suffering around the world can be laid to this (division among them, lack of devotion to Allah, unity with the Qur'an) - and this can be thought of as a reprimand or punishment of Allah because its a direct consequence of not adhering to His true way. Therefore, I am not "blaming the Palestinian people", I was addressing a very very big embedded issue which I think is the principle factor behind the state of the Muslims generally. Ofcourse, we are all with the Palestinian people, they believe in Allah and the Qur'an as we do.

I want to share this Verse from the Glorious Qur'an:

"Yes indeed! But if you are steadfast and have fear of God and they come upon you suddenly, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels, clearly identified." (Surah Ali 'Imran: 125)

This very important Verse of the Qur'an, as is all other Verses, tell us that if they attack suddenly Allah can even help through unperceivable ways if the believers display the firmness in their faith, faith in Allah and the Verse which is telling them this. I am not referring to Hamas or Palestine with this Verse, I am refering to the entire Muslim world collectively which is just watching...do you think the leaders have true knowledge and faith in this verse? or do you think they have the steadfastness in Allah? Neither do these leaders have the faith in Allah nor the adherence to the Qur'an. And like I have explained, Hadith has played a significant role in reaching this stage where first of all, such people could exist and second of all, these people could be allowed to become leaders.

Ok, thats about it for now. Some of my critical explanations are mentioned in a few lines tucked-up somewhere. Take care of your self sister Zeynab. Smiley InshaAllah speak soon.

Assalamu alaikum.

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 12:03:48 am »

Yes brother, I get your point.  In fact you must have gathered by now from everything I've written in this forum that I have myself been lamenting on exactly the issues you've stated.  MaashAllah, you've detailed it very articulately. The root cause of this big confusion in the  Muslim world is the endless disunity created by total non-adherence to the Noble Quraan and following plenty of man-invented rhetorical theories starting from Hadith to sectarianism to madhabism to fatwas to absurd khutbas and what not.  And not to mention, all these interpolations being paraded before the people as "Islamic teachings" do not even conform 1% with the Glorious Quraan. 

From the course of history you so well traced, the real decline of the Muslim nation (or Ummah) at large began after the death of Imam Ali, the 4th righteous Caliph, which ended the social & political culture of adhering to the Quraan for seeking our values as initiated by the Prophet Muhammad (SAAW).  Since then the nation has been drifting onto a path that's indifferent and ignorant toward the Quraan.  At the helm of this are our presidents and kings.  With the exception of a few, almost all of them have been ruling the modern Muslim nation with an iron hand for decades, collaborating with their enemies in pursuit of wealth and luxury, and in the process neglecting their people.    By now they've moulded the minds and brainwashed many of their subjects.  However, there still remains a big gulf between the ideologies of the rulers and several of their subjects.  Unfortunately such subjects are too few in number to make a difference. 

But here's my basic point which I couldn't express clearly enough in my previous post. When the decline of a nation with corrupt rulers comes to its lowest ebb, like it is now .. the day to day suffering of the common people takes precedence over mistakes that have been made along the path of history and ethics, even though these mistakes are no doubt responsible for our pathetic situation.  If, Allah Forbid, I saw my parents screaming out in pain with deep sharpnel wounds they suffered by a bomb out of the blue while they were watching TV at home, my heart's immediate response would be to reach out to them and do whatever within my means to alleviate their suffering with cries of help to Allah.  At such a time, I would only be looking for people who can give me practical and moral support in the name of Allah and thus prevent my nervous system from collapsing.  This is precisely the situation of the Gazans right now as I type this message.  And this is what I meant when I mentioned that at a time like this, the Palestinians (I mention Palestinians, because the most important current events concern them) need love.  I repeat again that everything you explained makes sense 110%.  You'll find few people who might agree with everything you wrote more than me.  But right now we have no other choice but to deal with the situation the way it is.  We need to work with our sisters and brothers in whatever way we can within our individual capacity.  Thus, we need to put the memories of our past and present mistakes behind us, at least for now.  Otherwise that could become a barrier and prevent us from co-operating at this time of crisis .. and this again is not the purpose of the Quraanic teachings.   

In any case, thank Allah for technology for giving us so many online venues where we can debate with the 'drifters' without interferring with each others' views in times of emergency Smiley

I thank you again, dear brother, for your brilliant response.  I understand every word of what you meant Smiley    May Allah continue to bless us with the strongest of iman and understanding, ameen.   

Walaikum Salaam and peace.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:32:10 am »

Alhumdulilah, my dearest Allah!  such great and heartening photos.  Br. Ace, u r sooooo lucky to have taken part in this demo. 

btw, this is a very interesting thread.  both of u have tremendous points that I completely agree with.

I guess I can catch sister zeynab's view not to take up Hadith while volunteering to help at this time Cheesy  she's had so many screaming fights with hadithers that the flashbacks must be giving her nightmares already  Grin Grin

Coming back to realism - great thread and incredibly inspiring pics.  My most heartfelt and earnest prayers are for our brothers and sisters in Gaza at the moment.  And I also pray we can organise more such demonstrations everywhere.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 04:28:38 am »

Br. Ace, it was very encouraging to know u attended this very important march.  The impressive photos will serve as a remembrance forever, Insh'Allah.

I'm keen to know that in this huge protest, were there any non-Muslim white Britons as well?

The reason I'm asking this question is because Western govts don't bother if protests are carried out by immigrant populations.  They only feel their power & position being threatened if the mainstream whites begin to speak up as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 11:20:08 am »

The impressive photos will serve as a remembrance forever, Insh'Allah.

Yes .. really stunning pictures.  brother Ace clicked them himself, so that makes these photos more special.

The reason I'm asking this question is because Western govts don't bother if protests are carried out by immigrant populations.  They only feel their power & position being threatened if the mainstream whites begin to speak up as well.

Hmmm, you're right about that brother.  In the pictures most people look like Muslim immigrants, very few whites.  But br. ace would know better.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 12:30:20 pm »

And here's George Galloway's speech in the weekend London rally on July 3, 2009.   Very good speech - must watch. 

Br. Ace, you must have seen this in person Smiley

http://www.opednews.com/populum/diarypage.php?did=11508
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 02:57:11 am »

Yes .. really stunning pictures.  brother Ace clicked them himself, so that makes these photos more special.

O really Smiley  Subhan'Allah! 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: