Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 05:39:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Song on Gaza composed by Michael Heart

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Song on Gaza composed by Michael Heart  (Read 190 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 30, 2009, 07:03:33 am »

I received this on email from a relative.  Please send it around.
--------

LISTEN WITH YOUR SPEAKER ON AND FORWARD TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE

This is a beautiful song by a very famous Canadian singer, Michael Heart, about the plight and courage of the people of Gaza. It is an absolute must to hear his song. Michael is an Oscar Winning artist who wrote and sang the song, 'Sunglasses" some years ago.

Michael comes from a Jewish family in Montreal. It's remarkable that a man of Jewish heritage would write such a beautiful song in praise of the people of Gaza and their courage to face the might of the Israeli Army. This man is a lover of humanity, justice and fair-play. Within a few days, his song has had over 160,000 hits on You- tube. Bravo Michael!!!

Please donate whatever you can for the people of Gaza. To hear the song, click on the website below. Michael has donated the entire proceeds from the song to the people of Gaza.

-----------------------

A letter from Michael Heart

On Monday night (2 nights ago), I picked up my acoustic guitar and started strumming lightly, while looking at these horrible photos of the casualties in Gaza, on the internet. It was around midnight my time. And before I knew it, by 2 AM, I had written a song about it. The next day (which was yesterday, Tuesday), I decided to record it, not really knowing what I was going to do with it. It was just an emotional outlet for me. But then it occurred to me that maybe if the song was distributed on a massive scale, it could raise awareness about the cause. But more on that later...
I also created a little "home made" slide show, with the song in the background (some pictures are very graphic so please warn your friends).

Anyway, for what it's worth, here's the song.

P.S. The song is called "We will not go down".

http://www.michaelheart.com/Song_for_Gaza.html

WE WILL NOT GO DOWN (Song for Gaza)
(Composed by Michael Heart)

A blinding flash of white light
Lit up the sky over Gaza tonight
People running for cover
Not knowing whether they're dead or alive

They came with their tanks and their planes
With ravaging fiery flames
And nothing remains
Just a voice rising up in the smoky haze

We will not go down
In the night, without a fight
You can burn up our mosques and our homes and our schools
But our spirit will never die
We will not go down
In Gaza tonight

Women and children alike
Murdered and massacred night after night
While the so-called leaders of countries afar
Debated on who's wrong or right

But their powerless words were in vain
And the bombs fell down like acid rain
But through the tears and the blood and the pain
You can still hear that voice through the smoky haze

We will not go down
In the night, without a fight
You can burn up our mosques and our homes and our schools
But our spirit will never die
We will not go down
In Gaza tonight
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:24:20 pm »

O yes, this is such a lovely song with excellent wordings.  I heard it before in youtube too.  May Allah bless and reward this very nice person, ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: