Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 10:10:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Essa (Jesus), son of Virgin Maryam, in the Noble Quran

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Essa (Jesus), son of Virgin Maryam, in the Noble Quran  (Read 383 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:33:50 am »

BismEm

All Muslims have been commanded in the Noble Quran to believe in Essa (Jesus), son of Virgin Maryam, as one of Allah's greatest messengers sent to humanity.  As a Muslim, it's incumbent upon us to love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him), failing which a Muslim will be acting in defiance to the commands of the Noble Quran.

There is a Surah (Chapter) in the Noble Quran in the name of virgin Mary titled Maryam (Mary).  This is the 19th Chapter of the Quran.

The Quran confirms the virgin birth of Essa with a detailed narration in Surah (Chapter) 3 titled Al-Imran.  Quoting the narration as follows:

"(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Indeed! Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Essa, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah). He will speak unto mankind in his cradle and in his manhood, and he is of the righteous.  She said: My Rab! How can I have a child when no mortal has touched me ? He said: So (it will be). Allah creates what He will. If He decrees a thing, He says unto it only: Be! and it is."  (3:45-47).

Essa, son of virgin Maryam, was born miraculously by the Supreme Command of Allah Almighty.  The Noble Quran compares the birth of Essa with the birth of Adam.  Allah Almighty created Essa with the same Command, "Be! and it is"  as He created Adam who had neither a father nor a mother.

"Indeed! the likeness of Essa with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is."  (3:59) Most Noble Quran.

Essa (or Jesus), son of virgin Mary, was bestowed with several extraordinary powers by Allah Almighty on the basis of which he was able to perform certain miracles during the period of his prophethood.

"And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel, And will make him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Indeed! I come unto you with a sign from your Rab. Indeed! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave.  .."   (3:48-49)  Most Noble Quran.

It's very important to keep in mind that whatever powers Essa had for performing miracles,  were only by the will and permission of Allah Almighty and none else.  If ever Allah wanted, He could have withdrawn those powers from Essa, any time.

Essa, son of virgin Maryam, strictly told his community to worship Allah only.  The Quran quotes Essa in the following Verses:

"Indeed! Allah is my Rab and your Rab, so worship Him. That is a straight path."  (3:51)   Most Noble Quran.

As Muslims it's also necessary for us to believe that Allah Almighty revealed a Divine Scripture to Jesus called Injeel (Bible or New Testament).  But it's just as important to know that unfortunately no original teachings of the Divine Power that were formerly contained in the Injeel  remain any longer.  The Injeel has been almost fully altered with many versions, many additions and omissions.  Particularly since the mid 2nd millennium, "updates" and changes to suit the political and social environment have been taking place within the various versions of the Bibles steadily and systematically, every few years.  As Muslims, we have no obligations to follow the altered, man-written contents of the Old and New Testaments.  Old Testament is the Jewish Scripture, Torah, which is also completely altered.

The Noble Quran (the only Divine Message that is original and will remain so until the Day of Judgement) confirms that Essa, son of virgin Maryam, was not crucified.  Allah Almighty would not allow one of his chosen slaves and messengers to be tortured at the hands of his enemies.  The Quran quotes Essa, saying:  "But when Essa became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah ?"    Like all other messengers sent by Allah Almighty, Essa too had many enemies who opposed him vehemently and decided to crucify him.  But Allah Almighty saved Essa from suffering the pain and humiliation on the cross, and instead, made him ascend to the Heaven unto His safe custody.  And then, by the Command and Might of Allah, an image or apparition with outward resemblance of Essa replaced him.  It was this image that was put on the cross and crucified, and thus, the enemies of Essa were deceived into thinking that they killed him.  The Quran has some very special, beautiful and overwhelming narrations on this fact.

"And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Essa son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and indeed! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.  But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise."  (4:157-158)  Most Noble Quran.

The mission of  Prophets Muhammad and Essa (peace be on them both) was to re-confirm the prime and indispensable ideology of Monotheism (belief in One God only) as preached by earlier Prophets.  Re-confirmation and renewal of this vital Message was absolutely necessary during the eras of Prophets Essa and Muhammad.  During the period of Essa (pbuh), the people had almost forgotten the Monotheistic teachings delivered by his predecessors, Prophet Musa (pbuh) and all those prophets who came between Musa and Essa.  Similarly, during the period of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the people of the Arabian peninsula had deviated with the passage of time from the Monotheistic teachings of Prophets Ibrahim and his son Ishmael (peace be on them both).  Therefore, Allah Almighty chose Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the Final Messenger, and bestowed on him the Noble Quran, renewing the Message of Monotheism and the complete code of life in conformity with the ideology of Monotheism.  Hence, the Noble Quran being the Final Message delivered to the Final Messenger, remains original and intact and will remain so until the Final Day.  It will be a witness against humankind, preventing them from making excuses that they had no information of the Divine Guidance. 

Related post:
When Essa (son of virgin Maryam) ascended to the heaven, was he alive or dead?

Al-Aqsa compound in Jerusalem:  Al-Aqsa Mosque and Dome of the Rock.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

muslima

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:39 am »

salamem

Quran confirms previous scriptures has been corrupted .The Torah and the Bible are not authentic,most of passages were lost , tampered and it had many additions and alterations. The book of truth is the Quran..The Final and Last Revelation of Allah

. They ( Jews and Christians) change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly. 5:13

And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they were admonished. Therefor We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform them of their handiwork. 5:14

Jesus in Quran

Surah Maryam 19:30 to 36

He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet,

And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive,

And (hath made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest

Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!

Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.

43:63- 65

When Jesus came with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), he said: I have come unto you with wisdom, and to make plain some of that concerning which ye differ. So keep your duty to Allah, and obey me.Lo! Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him. This is a right path.

This was the same message brought by all prophets of Allah

Thumbsup Thumbsup

JazakAllah kahir many thanks sis heba i need it , was thinking to have something for christmas discussion in december , christmas events & projects are about to begin in schools here it's prefect time to provide correct info it will be very useful reminder for those who want to listen plain truth and faith revival for the youth and kids 9 to 12 as well  .Ur very comprehensive write up in fact is a requirement of the time in which our generation is living & going through.Muslims are getting so far away from the Quran and closer to shaiytan every min ,instead of practicing Quran their brain and hearts are confused and forcefully getting filled with false biblical based hadith stories so called history .All false claims are only expose the ignorance of the Quran. Our ulema ,scholars ,haditest 's have also portrayed the character of jesus / prophet Isa (pbuh) as the shortcut of salvation the same features as we can see in bible and by trusting them Ummah is waiting for jesus / isa (pbuh) to come and give them victory instead of sincere repentance and return to Allah ,up hold on Quran alone to save themselves from the day of judgement . 3:59 Lovely verse  rdht,Sis Beautifully written indeed The religion of Islam started from Adam ( pbuh) and ended with Muhammad ( pbuh) . All of the Prophets and Messengers of Allah Almighty brought the message of tawheed .Quran gives very necessary information about the life and teachings of Jesus / isa (pbhu) and highlights the important aspects of his birth, his mission, his ascension to heaven .Quran especially recalls his miraculous birth and the miracles he performed by Allah's permission, Quran also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by Allah he is not part of Allah Himself. Messenger are His , slaves , servants. Many of folks are hopeless but young muslim and kids need clear and straightforward information from Quran with out the interpretation from any corrupt school of thought , our religious scholar and ulmas always come up with the most ridiculous excuse to twist the content of Quran verses in an attempt to overrule the Quranic law and uphold their bible hadith stories and laws . indeed On Judgement Day believers will be accountable to the each Law giving and Warning verses regardless of which school of thought and imam they follow, , Sadly, these so-called scholars and ulma's get away all corrupt interpretations because the majority of people are too lazy to verify the Quranic Truth .  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:56:43 am »

Good read, Subhan'Allah.  Actually we Muslims respect Prophet Essa, son of virgin Mariam, much more than Christians.  They deride Prophet Essa just as they deride Prophet Muhammed.  And of course, all the wrong narrations they have written attributing to him in those dozens of versions of the changed bibles from which later-time Muslims constructed their hadith.  Thanks from me too, sis Heba.  A real nice piece directly based on Quranic information only.  That's exactly what I look for. 

Sister Muslima, the most obvious discussions for Christmas projects in the Christmas season that convey the truth is to inform the kids the hoax about Christmas.  It didn't have anything to do with Essa and neither do traditions like Christmas tree and Santa Claus have any connections with Prophet Essa.  He was not born on Dec.25. These are the examples of Christian hadiths which they have implemented into their lives every December.  LOL .. Yeah, I know you cannot say that especially if one is living in the West with all that Islamophobia.  But nonetheless, this is true.  Christmas is completely pagan celebration, same as Haloween, Easter etc.

We compiled all info in the following links:

Was December 25 the birth date of Jesus, son of Virgin Mary?
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=996.0

The tradition of Christmas tree has pagan origins
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=1001.0

Does "Santa Claus" really originate from the pious St. Nicholas?
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=3647.0

And this one is from an outside source which actually appeared in the mainstream media of Yahoo! News last year:

Pagan Roots - 5 Surprising Facts About Christmas by Stephanie Pappas
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=4039.0

And for a more relaxed study on the truth of the origin of Christmas, here is a 25-minute video talk by Dr. Abdel Hakeem Quick on Christmas and its reality.  A very good one we put up at our video board.
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=2326.0
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 09:29:53 am »

These are the examples of Christian hadiths which they have implemented into their lives every December.  LOL ..

Christian hadiths    LaaughingAway couldn't agree more

Thumbsup I am 100% agree with u sis ruhi thanks alot it's very helpful stock for my preparation ,JazakAllah khair my sis  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 12:50:18 am »

Excellent post.  Alhumdulilah.   Noble Quran, the Final Word and the ONLY source of absolute Truth. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: