Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 06:48:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

as-salamu'alaikum / hello : )

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: as-salamu'alaikum / hello : )  (Read 1084 times)
ameen

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 06, 2007, 08:36:06 am »

as-salamu'alaikum,

I was referred to this forum by an online-friend, and I am very pleased to find a forum with the same kind of views as me - alhamdulillah.

I have just finished reading sr. zeynab's post titled 'Quraan alone - no Hadeeth please' - and I must say that it was a breath of fresh air! It is good to know that there are people out there who take the Qur'an seriously : )

wasalam
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:52 am »

wsalam

Welcome to MV, dear brother.  And thanks for liking the Hadeeth section. 

Yes .. that post you mentioned represents a package of thoughts that had been pricking my mind ever since I began reading the Hadeeth.  It's heartening to learn that you appreciate it.  I had to take a lot of bashing from my brothers and sisters in other forums even for expressing a single point of that article. 

I really look forward to more of your posts here.  JazekAllah Khair.

Ma'salaama .. 
Report Spam   Logged

ameen

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 02:54:51 am »

as-salamu'alaikum sr. zeynab,

thank you for your reply, and for the welcome : )

I understand what you mean about Muslims' hostile reactions to Qur'an-only beliefs. I too have recieved such aggressive treatment on other forums. In-fact, I have been banned permanently from one of those forums, for speaking about my Qur'an-only beliefs. This is the forum I am talking about: www.islamicboard.com

I am currently taking part in another debate, on another forum, where the moderators are not as 'strict' as the forum that banned me. Please take a look at the thread at the link below, and if you think you can help us by also taking part in the discussion, then please feel free to do so by registering on that forum : )

Here is the link:  http://www.islamicaweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57846

If we like-minded Muslims work together to invite others to the true Qur'anic Path, then we can successfully expose the falsehood that has sadly been introduced into Islam - insha-Allah. May Allah reward you greatly for your efforts.

wasalam
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:53:36 am »

as-salamu'alaikum sr. zeynab,

thank you for your reply, and for the welcome : )

I understand what you mean about Muslims' hostile reactions to Qur'an-only beliefs. I too have recieved such aggressive treatment on other forums. In-fact, I have been banned permanently from one of those forums, for speaking about my Qur'an-only beliefs. This is the forum I am talking about: www.islamicboard.com

I am currently taking part in another debate, on another forum, where the moderators are not as 'strict' as the forum that banned me. Please take a look at the thread at the link below, and if you think you can help us by also taking part in the discussion, then please feel free to do so by registering on that forum : )

Here is the link:  http://www.islamicaweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57846

If we like-minded Muslims work together to invite others to the true Qur'anic Path, then we can successfully expose the falsehood that has sadly been introduced into Islam - insha-Allah. May Allah reward you greatly for your efforts.

wasalam

Walaikum Salaam and thanks again br. ameen.  this is an interesting thread.  you have presented solid points.  I am shocked to learn, and this thread is yet another example, that Hadeeth adherents do not hesitate to cast doubts on the authenticity of the Noble Quraan with the intention of upholding the Hadeeth.  What else could I call such an attitude except downright and arrogant kuffari.  The mere comprehensive beauty of the Glorious Quraan says the source of it as Divine and directly from Allah to the beloved Prophet.  I cannot understand what's the mindset of today's so-called Ummah.  They're all either shiias, sunnis, malkis, hanafis, shafis etc.  but none of them are Muslims.  Today if you tell any member of the Ummah that you do not have the time to read the Quraan and you take your guidance from Hadeeth, they will say it's fine.  But if you tell them that you do not read the Hadeeth but only take your guidance from the Glorious Quraan (which is the way it should be for every believer), they will label you a munkir.  May Allah guide the many misguided ones of this Ummah.

And you are right.  Most online forums have zero tolerance for Quraan alone Muslims.  This is another strange mentality of theirs.  As a Quraan alone Muslim, I do not feel the same intolerance toward them.  In my forum here, I welcome the Hadeeth adherents too because I feel they are entitled to express their opinion.  But when I go to any of their forums, all posts raising questions about Hadeeth are deleted.  Very sad situation.

When I have more time, I'll check the forum of Islamic Web more thoroughly, InshAllah.  Thanks again brother.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 03:58:37 am »

By the way, perhaps it would be a good idea to invite staunch Hadeeth adherents for a debate here.  If Quraan alone Muslims debate in their forums, they don't allow us to say much.  Thus they can come here so both sides can express freely. 
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 10:32:03 am »

Assalamu alaikum,

Walaikum Salaam and thanks again br. ameen.  this is an interesting thread.  you have presented solid points.  I am shocked to learn, and this thread is yet another example, that Hadeeth adherents do not hesitate to cast doubts on the authenticity of the Noble Quraan with the intention of upholding the Hadeeth.  What else could I call such an attitude except downright and arrogant kuffari.  The mere comprehensive beauty of the Glorious Quraan says the source of it as Divine and directly from Allah to the beloved Prophet.  I cannot understand what's the mindset of today's so-called Ummah.  They're all either shiias, sunnis, malkis, hanafis, shafis etc.  but none of them are Muslims.  Today if you tell any member of the Ummah that you do not have the time to read the Quraan and you take your guidance from Hadeeth, they will say it's fine.  But if you tell them that you do not read the Hadeeth but only take your guidance from the Glorious Quraan (which is the way it should be for every believer), they will label you a munkir.  May Allah guide the many misguided ones of this Ummah.

And you are right.  Most online forums have zero tolerance for Quraan alone Muslims.  This is another strange mentality of theirs.  As a Quraan alone Muslim, I do not feel the same intolerance toward them.  In my forum here, I welcome the Hadeeth adherents too because I feel they are entitled to express their opinion.  But when I go to any of their forums, all posts raising questions about Hadeeth are deleted.  Very sad situation.

When I have more time, I'll check the forum of Islamic Web more thoroughly, InshAllah.  Thanks again brother.

No matter how many Ayahs (signs/verses) of the Qur'an is brought out in front of them, they just will not see the point made. Indeed, it is our Lord Who decides who will SEE His Ayahs.

Today if you tell any member of the Ummah that you do not have the time to read the Quraan and you take your guidance from Hadeeth, they will say it's fine.  But if you tell them that you do not read the Hadeeth but only take your guidance from the Glorious Quraan (which is the way it should be for every believer), they will label you a munkir.  May Allah guide the many misguided ones of this Ummah.

You are absolutely correct. They will find no problem in accepting guidance from 'Hadith Alone' but find it impossible to accept the concept of 'Qur'an Alone'.

The reason for their attitude is because they believe: (1) The Prophet was the walking talking Qur'an (2) Both Qur'an AND living example is needed (2) Therefore Qur'an Alone will not work, but Hadith Alone encompasses both the Qur'an and the living example, thus you atutomatically practice the Qur'an if you practice the Hadith Alone - no need to study Al-Qur'an.

The above mentality has lead to so much corruption entering in what Sunni/Shia Muslims practice as Allah's true religion.

And you are right.  Most online forums have zero tolerance for Quraan alone Muslims.  This is another strange mentality of theirs.  As a Quraan alone Muslim, I do not feel the same intolerance toward them.

I find that they feel 'threatened' by the 'Qur'an Alone' Muslims.

Peace.

Report Spam   Logged
ameen

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:10:07 pm »

as-salamu'alaikum,

thanks for taking a look at the thread. I agree - they somehow see following the Qur'an as being a crime. Even in that thread, one of them actually went as far as labelling us 'Kafir', as well as calling me a 'dog' after telling me not to say Salam to him.

By the way, perhaps it would be a good idea to invite staunch Hadeeth adherents for a debate here.  If Quraan alone Muslims debate in their forums, they don't allow us to say much.  Thus they can come here so both sides can express freely.

yes, it would be good to also have a debate on this forum. IslamicaWeb.com so far has been quite tolerant with the current debate, and there are a lot of Hadith-oriented / 'on-the-fence' Muslims there too, so if they witness the debate, they may see the Truth in following the Qur'an - insha-Allah.

thanks again : )

wasalam
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:38:24 am »

wsalam  ameen

yeah .. actually what surprised me was that user Salika is quesitoning the authenticity of the Quraan.  That kind of threw me off
  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 09:37:51 am »

I am shocked to learn, and this thread is yet another example, that Hadeeth adherents do not hesitate to cast doubts on the authenticity of the Noble Quraan with the intention of upholding the Hadeeth.  [/font]

It goes to shows exactly how they feel about the Hadith having an equal footing with the Qur'an.

Peace.
Report Spam   Logged
ameen

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 11:54:27 am »

wsalam  ameen

yeah .. actually what surprised me was that user Salika is quesitoning the authenticity of the Quraan.  That kind of threw me off
  Shocked

salam,

yes, I was also shocked to see that coming from a Muslim. I thought that only non-Muslims do that: throwing doubt on the authenticity of the Qur'an - eg. 'how do you know the Qur'an has not been changed...'

it is really sad, that many Muslims don't seem to believe in the Qur'an the way they should : (

wasalam
Report Spam   Logged
kellyjaz

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 02:03:19 pm »

What's wrong with questioning the quran?
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 02:39:35 pm »

Dear kelly ..  Smiley

Let me begin this way:  According to the dictates of the Quraan we are not to adhere to blind following.  We are required to reason, think and reflect before accepting the views of each other.  The only thing that we are required to accept on the basis of our firm faith and trust in the Divine Power is the Quraan itself.  This is because, a believer is not supposed to ask for tangible proofs of Allah's existence.  This will only come on the Day of Judgment.  Asking for it in this earthly world would be looked upon as crossing one's bounds.  In fact this trust on the basis of which we accept the Quraan without questioning, is one of the baisc purposes and test of human existence.  The Quraan has made this concept crystal clear.

But this principle is only regarding the Message of Allah.  Since Allah is One, thus, His words have just one source, i.e. Allah Himself.  Hadeeth, fatwas and so many laws of Islamic Jurisprudence that have emerged on the basis of Hadeeth and fatwas are NOT to be given such a status under any circumstances. 

Besides, the Divine aspect of the Quraan is really so amazing and the contents fall into place so perfectly for every reflective mind that it doesn't require 'blind faith.'  You simply come to know what you are reading.  Praise be to Allah. 

Thus, in the light of the above Quraanic concepts, it would be a violation to question the Quraan.

Salaams and peace ..
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 03:27:09 pm »

Assalamu alaikum,

No, it is fine to "question" the Qur'an, this is how we further our self in faith.

The concern being raised here is that, they (Sunnis) begin to question the authenticity of the Qur'an only when they are made to question the authority and authenticity of Hadith. They overlook the huge difference in the two. The Qur'an (words of Allah) was written down during the Prophet's life - he supervised the writing, Hadith was majorly written down centuries after.

Think of this. If I was in Bukhari's time when he was writing his book, over 200 years after the Prophets death, and I said to people "I will not follow what Imam Bukhari is producing, but will continue to follow the Qur'an as we have been", and somebody says "but how do you know the Qur'an is not changed"...it makes no sense.

Peace.
Report Spam   Logged
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 07:31:09 pm »

salamem

To underscore the basic ideology, we all believe that the Almighty Allah is a symbol of perfection and He is infallible.  We also believe that the Quraan is directly from Allah to the Prophet Mohammad (SAW).  Therefore to question the Quraan would be questioning the infallibility of Allah.  And I don't know how anyone can say there's nothing wrong with that.

What I've observed from my experience, new reverts who didn't get enough access to dedicated counselling find it hard to accept why the Quraan can't be questioned.  That's because they're coming from a background where the Divine Scripture (Old & New Testaments) have lost their stature of being Divine any longer.  The very concept of Divinity has faded from their culture and replaced by skepticism.  It's but natural that under such a situation it will take a while for them to realize the position of the Quraan and how it differs from the previous Scriptures at present.

Nice thread.  And peace!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: