Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 02:53:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is there 'old age' in Paradise?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Is there 'old age' in Paradise?  (Read 747 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:19 pm »

As-salaam Alaikum and hi folks Smiley

Now, I know this might be a difficult query to answer and the knowledge is with Allah only.  But judging from the contents of the Noble Quran, do you think people in Paradise (or Jannah) will be of all ages, including ripe old age?

As we know here on earth, people of all ages die everyday around the world.  Whichever of these are fotunate enough to find acceptance with Allah will enter Paradise by His Will.  So, in Paradise will these people find themselves to be the same age at which they left this world?  We do presume that one is ageless in death, but only Allah knows best.  Will the passage of time in Paradise make one grow older as it does on earth?  What's your opinion?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:15:17 pm »

Wa'salaam and hi sister Heba Smiley  Since the Glorious Quraan does not confirm a response to this quesiton in that many words, therefore I think we cannot assert anything for sure.  But like you suggested, from the vast contents of the Quraan we can make some analysis and arrive at some possibilities.  

Having said that, I thinks it's quite clear to figure out an approximate response.  And yes, the final truth is known to Allah only, as in all matters.

I suppose you are right in thinking that one is ageless in death.  I also feel the same.  

To begin with, it must be taken for granted that all those who enter Paradise must be total monotheistic believers.

As we know, the general ideology of Paradise is very different from that on earth.  To get a clearer view of this concept, please refer to the post "Reward of Women in Paradise."

Returning to this specific issue, on the basis of many Quraanic verses so articulately descriptive of Paradise and its dwellers, I don't think there's any old age in Paradise.  Or, even if there is, it would quite obviously be just as outward appearance, excluding the discomforts of physical fraility and health hassles that invariably accompany old age on earth.  We know for sure from the ideology of the Glorious Quraan that there are no illnesses nor any wear & tear of the body related to age, malnutrition etc.

In view of this, most likely I get the feeling by reading the Quraan that life in Paradise will be ageless.  The passage of time in Paradise will be hugely different from the passage of time here on earth.  Paradise is an Eternal Abode and the ultimate reward for hardworking believers and therefore will not bring the burdens of earthly life, including the burden of aging, for its dwellers.  

To further elaborate my opinion, I get the feeling that in  Paradise everyone will be within a particular age or youth bracket appearance-wise.  There will be no such thing as "age" from the earthly perspective.  For example, a fortunate dweller of Paradise who may have perished on earth at age 70, might look 30 in Paradise.  This would be one of the gifts of Allah for that person consistent with the rules of Paradise as ordained by Him.  That person would most probably, permanently look within the age bracket of 30 without any counting of the years, because there will be no years to count in that vast comfort of beauty and eternity.  

I cannot be sure of the appearance of young children or infants who die below age 12.  In Paradise, will they look like the young minors they did on earth when they passed away, or will they look more like young adults?  Only Allah knows best.  However, by contemplating carefully, one may think that since childhood is a stage that's usually symbolic of health, happiness and innocence, it's possible that very young children may look the same in Paradise.  It may also be true that infants, may look the same, yet may not be as helpless and frail physically as they were on earth.  Again, only Allah knows best.  This is simply my opinion based on my reflections of the Quraan.

Responding to your original query, I feel pretty sure that people who die at an old or very old age, and who are lucky enough to be admitted into Paradise, will experience a permanent kind of youth rather than continue with the same old age they ended in this world.  Though again, it's important to keep in mind that youth in Paradise does not have the same connotation as youth in earthly life.  In earthly life people crave to maintain a youthful look sometimes for harmless reasons but also at times with Haram intentions.  The permanency of youth in Paradise, if that's so, will be only a gift for the purpose of emotional and sentimental happiness and satisfaction.  After all, the look of youth is more pleasing for every individual than their look of old age.  The dwellers of Paradise will get the best of everything.  Therefore, it would be  logical to conclude that they will be given back their youth.  

And, only Allah knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:28:50 pm »

Subhan'Allah, intelligent opinion sister.  It pretty much sums up all aspects of the question from the earthly human perspective.  That's as far as we can contemplate.  The exact details are known only to Allah.   

The last couple of sentences you wrote said the most, I quote.

"After all, the look of youth is more pleasing for every individual than their look of old age.  The dwellers of Paradise will get the best of everything.  Therefore, it would be  logical to conclude that they will be given back their youth." 

Exactly, this is totally in conformity with the general Quranic values. 

A load of thanks for your time sister Smiley

Salam and peace
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:35 am »

salamem

Those unto whom We have given the Scripture, who read it with the right reading, those believe in it.2:121  Smiley

Mashallah ,subhanAllah may Allah bless u more for being so generous in sharing your knowledge ,bless u and ur family with all the good in this duniya and more in the Akhirah

The Believers who's submit to Allah in all the illnesses and weaknesses they may encounter in this transitory world but On the Last Day Allah will grant the blessings to His faithful slaves. ur view is very senseable according to Quranic value.People in the paradise will be gifted youthful age ,will always be young, attractive, healthy and robust..Marcy of Allah ..  hmmmm got to know the value of this gift which Allah will grant to his true ,rightious believer ,people of paradise with the refrence of 73:17 but ur guidance is important for me

sister my questions for 73:17 surah al-Muzammil

Then how, if ye disbelieve, will ye protect yourselves upon the day which will turn children grey,73:17 surah al-Muzammil

Q. ( the day of judgement ) a day, which will turn children, white-haired.which implies on extreme stress and anxiety and mentioning the situation, the mental trauma and the anxiety of humans, who shall be awaiting the declaration of their results and their eternal fate on the Day of judgement  Right ??

Q:Does it mean every individual will suffer this situation white-haired and only righteous believer WHOM only Allah Chooses will be granted this valuable yothful age gift ??

Q. 73:17 gray haired referring to the permanent old age in hell/jahanum ??

old age which brings sickness and helplessness bodies slows down and our skin starts to lose none want to be old This worries people in earthly life They sorrow as they watch their youth slip away .Does this scenario applies to people who have no iman ? disbelievers,people of hell, they will always be old age,weak  ? as the faithful believer rewarded with youthful age, health ?

i need ur feedback guys may Allah forgive me if i am wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
muslima

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 11:28:48 am »

Huh all ok  sisters ??
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:40:49 pm »

As-Salaam Alaikum dear sister Muslima.  So sorry to keep you waiting.  Lately we've been having problems with our email a/cs.  Additionally I am having terible problems with my external moden.  Keeps going off & on.  The fault is still not resolved.  And also short of staff with sister Heba away.

Coming to your question, I had thought of this verse many times.  I really like the way Allah puts it.   I am not sure if it carries a literal meaning.  I think most likely the expression "turn children grey" is meant to define the extreme anxiety and a sense of finality that will prevail on the Last Day accompanied with the massive destruction & confusion that even little children will feel the profound fear of it.  Even if it does have a literal meaning (which only Allah knows best) and young children do actually turn grey with worry on the Last Day, then there are 2 points to remember about it.  First, it will obviously be the result of the immediate impact caused by the destruction and fear.  But when children will be admitted to Janaat, I'm quite sure they will look refreshed and happy. Second, in my opinion it does not refer only to disbelievers.  It refers to everyone.  It's an expression to underscore the destruction and confusion of the Last Day.  The Last Day will be such an overwhelming scenario that all those who live to see that Day will be left dumbstruck with shock.  That's apparently the sense that Verse carries.

Yes, in this worldly life people fear old age because, as you rightly stated, it brings with it weakness, health issues and sometimes even loneliness.   However, that's just a temporary earthly problem because this life is so temporary.  We are constantly moving ahead to finish our time in this world. Life doesn't stop even for a minute.  And with the passage of every minute we get older. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with old age.  It's just a phase that has to be completed for those who are ordained a long enough life. 

Also in my opinion, I am quite sure the Noble Quran does not refer nor does it highlight any connections between old age and Hellfire.  Like I said, old age is just one of the phases of earthly life that comes in serial order after birth, infancy, childhood, teenage years, adulthood, middle age and then old age.  A person at any age (including old age) can either be a believer or a disbeliever.  They will be judged on the basis of the strength of their Faith and conduct.  In Hellfire, peoples' suffering will be great - whether old or young.  Just as in Janaat, everyone whether old or young will be healthy and happy, in the same way in Hellfire everyone regardless of age will feel distressed, unhealthy and miserable.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:25:55 pm »

salamem

73:17 surah al-Muzammil

Then how, if ye disbelieve, will ye protect yourselves upon the day which will turn children grey,73:17 surah al-Muzammil

Walaikum Salam sisters.  This is a very inspiring Verse.  Whenever I read it I can feel myself getting trembling to the pit of my heart.  I also surmise that perhaps it's an expression of the severity of the Final Day.   Normally a deep shock or a prolonged hard life turns adults grey prematurely.  This signifies the pressures of earthly anxiety and the toll it takes on the human mind.  However, according to such earthly tension, adults turn grey earlier than they normally would.   But the havoc that will be unleashed on the Last Day will be so very catastrophic that it's severity it enough to alter the looks of not just adults, but also of children.  Whether or not Allah will really cause children to turn grey on that Day is entirely up to Him.  But the Last Day will be severe enough for such a thing to happen by the Will of Allah.  I think this is what the Verse refers to.  And only Allah knows best.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 07:29:13 am »

For sister heba i wish her peaceful best family vacations Smiley

wsalam sister zeynab i am really sorry i had no idea u having such problem and i put my question here i hope the problem of modem resolved soon.Thanks alot for ur reply i was bit confused about it .yes  U are right i got it.. Smiley

thanks again sis
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 07:34:23 am »

salamem

73:17 surah al-Muzammil

Walaikum Salam sisters.  This is a very inspiring Verse.  Whenever I read it I can feel myself getting trembling to the pit of my heart.  I also surmise that perhaps it's an expression of the severity of the Final Day.   Normally a deep shock or a prolonged hard life turns adults grey prematurely.  This signifies the pressures of earthly anxiety and the toll it takes on the human mind.  However, according to such earthly tension, adults turn grey earlier than they normally would.   But the havoc that will be unleashed on the Last Day will be so very catastrophic that it's severity it enough to alter the looks of not just adults, but also of children.  Whether or not Allah will really cause children to turn grey on that Day is entirely up to Him.  But the Last Day will be severe enough for such a thing to happen by the Will of Allah.  I think this is what the Verse refers to.  And only Allah knows best.

thank u so much sister Ruhi for ur feedback i understand  now Smiley
salam and peace to all
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: