Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 06:32:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What does the Qur'an say about HADITH? A lecture by Br. Muhammad Shaikh

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What does the Qur'an say about HADITH? A lecture by Br. Muhammad Shaikh  (Read 1576 times)
AceOfHearts

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:41:15 am »

Assalamu alaikum,

I have been meaning to introduce this brother for while here. He is a Quran only speaker in Pakistan. Love him so much for his correct perception in this matter and you will see what I mean inshaAllah. The following are BRILLIANT videos on what the Qur'an says on Hadith. If you watch the first video, you will easily watch all of them. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwPp_T0j88U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLt6H257TzM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBctUKDM1iM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iojCoMLBns&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnh_g3Gs2E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x9uFof_nW4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKRxbVCrT4&feature=related

Annexation:   Sorry none of these videos are currently available at Youtube. 
May 2021.
Sister Zeynab

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:10:43 pm »

This brother is in Fb and I got a friends invite from him a while ago.  But I didn't know much about him then.  Thanks for informing me about his Quran alone view.  Unfortunately all the above videos seem to have been removed from the source site, as always happens when any discrepancy of the hadith is exposed by a speaker.  Brother, can you find the transcript (or the contents) of these video lectures through any online text?  I would be most eager to read it. 
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 03:08:11 am »

Sister Zainab, it should work now dear sis. Let me know.

You will like these videos. Salaam. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:26:02 am »

Shukran dear brother.  InshAllah I will watch these and learn more, if Allah wills.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:07:08 am »

Excellent lectures.  This person is a student of late Sheikh Ahmed Deedat.   No wonder he speaks such sense. 

Several of these points have been discussed in many of our posts here.  But 
what enhanced my knowledge was the way he's distinguished the governing ayats or laws (taurah) from muthashabiat ayats (resembling ayats or signs) i.e. descriptive of events as 'hadith' within the Quran.  It was very well articulated to make it clear that the term "hadith" in the Quran, whenever it's used has no connections with the books of bukhari etc. and the Quran never refers to man-written hadith.

I was impressed by the audience too.  Was the venue of this lecture in Paksitan?  If yes, it's a pleasant surprise.  It means that the level of tolerance of hadith followers has improved.  Normally such lectures would be met with rowdy protests and a boycott of that scholar until he apologized. 

Last but not least, since these videos seem to be somewhat plagued with technical problems (many episodes stopped several times while I was watching and that's why it took me long to go thru all 16 of them), I would request all of you and will work on it myself too, to write a brief transcript of this lecture.  It would facilitate matters for our readers and help spread the world of truth faster.

Many thanks dear Brother Ace for this very illuminating lecture. 

May Allah continue to guide and help all believers, ameen. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 01:24:21 pm »

I'm glad u watched it, sister Cat.  I too sat at it yesterday afternoon and enjoyed this entire lecture.  I meant to watch half yesterday and the other half today but it was so interesting that I went thru the whole of it in a single sitting. 

Yes, u r right, we've taken many of these points in various of our posts too.  One of the major important things that this brother has emphasised upon is that the Prophet's (SAAW) authentic Sunnah is found within the Quran itself, not outside of it.   I also liked his very appropriate clarification of 'Atiullah' and 'Atiul Rasool' that is, follow Allah and follow the Rasool.  The latter is always taken by many in the mainstream as following the Bukhari hadith.  This lecture analysed very nicely that Atiul Rasool does not mean man-written hadith.  Not to mention, as very authentic historical evidence itself exposes, there were no man-written hadiths during the Prophet's lifetime.  Instead, Allah's direct command in the Quran is 'AtiulAllah.'  And when Allah gives a commanment to the Propeht to convey to the people it's 'AtiulRasool,' which also includes the issue when people were asking questions from the Prophet and Allah was telling the Prophet through the revelations of the Noble Quran how to respond.  This is the true definition of Atiul Rasool, not the writings of Bukhari and other human hadith writers who propped up 2 centuries later with their writings in the shape of narrations and stories, so many of which are not in conformity with the Quran.  And as highlighted in this lecture at the start, the Quran MUST be the sole Criteria for judging all other sources. 

I'm also wondering if this lecture took place in Pakistan or somewhere else, probably the US.  I think it took place outside Pakistan.  To deliver such a truthful lecture in Pakistan would be a very dangerous idea from the security view-point of the lecturer.  But if the venue was Pakistan, indeed it's a pleaasant surprise.  I suppose most mainstream man-written hadith followers wouldn't have the insight to grasp the beauty of this lecture anyway.

I too agree with your idea of writing a brief summary transcript of this lecture by quoting Br. Muhammad Sheikh's words for the convenience of readers as some folks may not have the time or patience to go thru all the video clips.  InshAllah I'll work on it and put it up in due course.  Anyone else who has the time for it is most welcomed too.   And yes, the video does encounter technical problems periodically.  I too got the error message several times.  At such situations the best step is to logout and login again into the board and re-start the video.  It then restarts okay.

Brother Ace, my heartfelt thanks for the compilation and posting of this very truthfully informative lecture defining the importance of the independence of the Noble Quran and the existence of Hadith (events as narrated by Allah) & Sunnah within the Quran itself. 

May Allah (The Highest) enable such lectures to open the eyes of people who are more attracted to man-written works, which is undoubtedly taking them away from His Final Message as delivered by the beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAAW) to entire humanity.  Ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 01:08:18 am »

Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Tremendous lecture.  I had to rush through it for lack of time but saw parts of all clips.  I'll come back again and watch more slowly.  But I understood the gist of it.  Really a very wise and intelligent brother. 

Thank you br. Ace, and yes sisters, it will be a good idea of write down this lecture if possible.  I wish I had the time, I would have jotted down the transcript myself. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 01:12:39 am »

TRANSCRIPT AND COMMENTS IN WRITING:

What does the Quran says about hadith?

International Islamic Propagantion Center - Chairman Mohammed Sheikh's lecture.  

Mohammad Shaikh, Chairman-IIPC tv from Pakistan is student of renowned Muslim scholar Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (Late)-President of IPCI from South Africa.

The following is the transcript / write-up taken from the above video clips' lecture, using the lecturer's words as much as possible.  Words in blue consist of my interpretation of the lecture.  I have used English translations of Pickthall.

General concept of hadith in environment is not been translated but kept in Arabic.  People immediately think it means sayings and practices of the Prophet pbuh.  (Qaul in Arabic) or 'event.'  People think it means 'sunnah' or practice of the Prophet.

The Sunni sect rejects all sayings recorded by the Shiia sect and vice-versa.  This is the first contradiction in the school of thoughts i.e. the hadith being rejected by various people as "unathentic."  This contradiction has existed from the day the hadith started.

There are many rules to identify the authenticity of hadith.

A hadith that's not in conformity with any ayat of the Quran is not authentic.  We have to accept this rule.  It's the most important rule applied by the scholars themselves of the hadith and Quran.  Quran must be the Criterion to judge hadith's authenticity.

--------

If the Quran verifies a hadith, we can say it's correct.  We mustn't forget that the Quran is the Criterion to judge the hadith and everything else including Bible, science, history, geography etc. etc.  If anything is in accordance with the Quran we will accept it.  This rule must never be forgotten or ignored.  Quran itself says that it is the Criteria.

Quran is the Judge of  hadith.  if you state this to the people, they will say "yes we agree."

Now .. the Bible comes below Quran. though many scholars say Bible clarifies many Quranic contents.  But no, bible and hadith both stay below the Quran.  Quran is the Final Message and unaltered.  It's on top of all other sources.

Thus, the errors of the Hadith and Bible are all explained and clarified by the Quran.

We must and have to take the Quran as the Final Word of Allah and use it to clairfy other books, NOT the other way round.  Thus all those other books must come after or below the Quran.  Quran is the Criteria to Judge everthing because it's the direct and original Words of Allah, one hundred percent.

-------

Ayat 2:282 is the largest ayah of the Quran.  

O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you in (terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand) then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember. And the witnesses must not refuse when they are summoned. Be not averse to writing down (the contract) whether it be small or great, with (record of) the term thereof. That is more equitable in the sight of Allah and more sure for testimony, and the best way of avoiding doubt between you; save only in the case when it is actual merchandise which ye transfer among yourselves from hand to hand. In that case it is no sin for you if ye write it not. And have witnesses when ye sell one to another, and let no harm be done to scribe or witness. If ye do (harm to them) lo! it is a sin in you. Observe your duty to Allah. Allah is teaching you. And Allah is knower of all things. (2:282 Surah Al-Baqrah)

In this lecture, keeping with the topic, only the underlined portion is being discussed, not the whole ayat.  For any judgment or document to be confirmed there must be 2 witnessnes - 2 men or one man and 2 women.  Only then will the validity of a document  be considered.  

But the man-written sunnah or hadith of the prophet are being recorded only by one man.  So, we are agreeing upon this hadith only through one witness and this is not allowed in accordance to the rules of the Quran.

Please note and understand the meanings of some of the following Arabic vocabulary as they occur often.  

hadith = 'event' in arabic or hadasa in arabic meaning event.

taurah = law

qawool = saying

al kitab = book

Quran = reading

sunnah = practice

--------------

Ayah 3:7

He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.  (3:7  Surah Al-Imraan)

The ayats with which we are to govern ourselves are the mother of the Book.  Thus certain ayats of the Quran contain governing ayats or muhkumaat.

Please read Verse 5:43 (Surah Al-Maidah) as follow:

How come they unto thee for judgment when they have the Torah, wherein Allah hath delivered judgment (for them) ? Yet even after that they turn away. Such (folk) are not believers.

Thus, in the Taurah (law) is the hukum (order) of Allah.   These are the governing ayats.  E.g. Ayats on Salaah, zakah etc. are gverning ayats.

Mutashabiha ayats = resembling ayats, i.e. ayats resembling one another or narrating events.  When we are reading the event, for example, the events of Prophets Ibrahim or Musa or Yusuf  etc. these are the hadith of these Prophets (peace be on them all).  Similarly, there are hadith of Hazrat Mohammad (saaw) in the Quran.  These ayats are describing events i.e. various hadith as recoreded in the Quran.  Thus Allah has revealed the most beautiful Hadith.

Thus there are governing ayats and ayats of events referred to as hadith in the Quran.

When u read the description of the evnt of Akhirah its the hadith of Akhirah.

And when you read the hukums of Allah, thats the Taurah or law.

Other ayats that resemble each other by describing events are the hadith recorded in the Quran by Allah.

Thus there's the marked difference btween the hadith within the Book of Allah and the hadith of man as presented by teh collections of Bukhari etc.

Please read Verse 39:23 Surah Az-Zumar as follows:

Allah hath (now) revealed the fairest of statements, a Scripture consistent, (wherein promises of reward are) paired (with threats of punishment), whereat doth creep the flesh of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to Allah's reminder. Such is Allah's guidance, wherewith He guideth whom He will. And him whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide.  

Therefore, when you read the haidth of Allah, your heart and flesh softens.  This is the reaction of a true believer when he reads Allah's hadith in His Book.

-----------

Hukum - means mother of the Book (taurah or law)
Muthashabiat ayats or resembling ayats or signs are as given in Verse 3:7 as quoted below again:

He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.

In the above Verse, Allah is then describing the behaviour of people who's hearts have deviation.  Those who have deviation in their hearts follow the resemblance through their own personal interpretations, but no one knows the final interpretation of all ayats of the Quran except Allah.

This means that when they read the resembling ayats they interpret it with whats in their hearts, as per the situation in their lives.  Allah hasn't revealed those interpretations to them but they have resembled their thinking into the ayat.  (This basically means interpretating the ayats according to one's own selfish convenience.  This is deviation of the heart.)

Modern scientists / researchers are behaving in similar ways.  They will take up a scientific theory .. and then claim that such & such is what the ayat says and something else is what science says, and thus seek discord.  Therefore they try to make a thing or situation resemble into an ayat even though the ayat does not say what they claim.  Thus they are following their own self created resemblance from the ayat  but only Allah knows the final interpretation of that ayat.  

Thus we must be very careful.  We must understand the ayat for the way it is and not with our own captivating ideas for the purpose of resemblance.  This is a very dangerous approach which many people practice.

-------------

The word 'hadith' in Quran.

Verse 79:15  Surah An-Naziat quoted below:

Hath there come unto thee the history of Moses ?  

Allah is asking that did the 'hadith' of Musa come to you? This means the event or narrations of Prohet Musa's life.  

Simlarly, there are other verses which mention that did the hadith of Ibrahim's honorable guests come to you?   The answer is yes.  And this is what hadith means in the Quran.

Some more examples of the same, that is, the use of the word 'hadith' in the Quran.

Hath there come unto thee tidings of the Overwhelming ?  (88:1 Surah Al-Ghashiyah)

"Tidings" means the same as the term 'event' or hadith in Arabic.  Also, some translations have used the English word 'envelope' meaning enveloped in darkness instead of 'Overwhelming' as in above Pickthall translation.  The meaning and reference is the same. Apparently the reference is to the Last Day.  

Therefore, the Verse states that did the hadith of the envelope (enveloped in darkness) come to you, followed by the description of an event.

Thus thy Lord will prefer thee and will teach thee the interpretation of events, and will perfect His grace upon thee and upon the family of Jacob as He perfected it upon thy forefathers, Abraham and Isaac. Lo! thy Lord is Knower, Wise.  (12:6)  Surah Yusuf.

In the above Verse, Allah is saying He taught Prophet Yusuf the interpretation of events.

O Ye who believe! Enter not the dwellings of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless permission be granted you. But if ye are invited, enter, and, when your meal is ended, then disperse. Linger not for conversation. Lo! that would cause annoyance to the Prophet, and he would be shy of (asking) you (to go); but Allah is not shy of the truth. And when ye ask of them (the wives of the Prophet) anything, ask it of them from behind a curtain. That is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not for you to cause annoyance to the messenger of Allah, nor that ye should ever marry his wives after him. Lo! that in Allah's sight would be an enormity. (33:53) Al-Ahzab  

The above Verse 33:53 states not to enter the house of the Prophet without permission.  Enter when permission is granted and the visitor should leave when he has finished his meal.  He should not stay on for unnecessary conversations and must not try to socialize or look for conversations with the wives of the prophet.  Why?  because that would hurt the prophet and he would be embarrassed or hesitant to express his feelings, but Allah is not hesitant to speak the truth.  This ayat is not an event but it's a direct commandment to the people not to socialize with the wives of the prophet by conversing about events as that would (or might in some cases) upset the prophet.  And if they have to talk to the Prophet's wives or ask anything from them, they must ask them from behind a veil or curtain.

This is the level of respect and modesty the wives of the Prophet were expected to maintain and also, this was the respect the people were commanded to show to the wives of the Prophet, who were not allowed to marry any of the Prophet's wives after him.  Yet Bukhari and other collections of hadees books write narrations attributed to the wives of the Prophets as speaking openly about their conjugal relationship with the Prophet which indeed sound disrespectful and even vulgar in some man-written narrations.  Such narrations clash with the dictates of the Quran as the wives of the Prophet would never stoop to such conduct.  Thats for sure.

An important point to remember please:
The word hadees/event occurs with different prophets illustrating its meanings as events one of the aspects that al-kitab/the book contains but not as saying or sunnah of the Prophet (saaw)

--------------

Now let's check Verse 31:6 of Surah Luqman as quoted below:

And of mankind is he who payeth for mere pastime of discourse, that he may mislead from Allah's way without knowledge, and maketh it the butt of mockery. For such there is a shameful doom. (31:6 Surah Luqman)

After reading the above Verse, it's clear to any perceiving mind that the purpose of many man-written hadith is to send humankind astray, by deviating them from the path of Allah.  

As of now, whenever a Quranic ayat is being read to someone, they immediately refer to Bukhari hadith for explanation, elucidation or further reference.  

But we need to remember to keep the Quran as the sole Criterion for judgment and decision-making.  E.g.. The Quran categorically says do not socialize with wives of Prophet.  If man-written hadith narrtates any event that refers or hints to the contrary, we cannot accept that hadith.  This is the basis of belief and we must understand it on the basis of the Quran.  

Majority of the Muslims in the world are believing and relying simply on the word 'hadith and talking on it.  People should first read the Quran in full, then read the complete 6 collections of the Sunni hadith and the other 4 or 5 collections of Shiia hadith, and then discuss the position of the man-written hadith.  But unfortunately, most people have taken to hadith without knowledge, thats what Allah says.

Now let's look at Verse 31:7 of Surah Luqman as quoted below:

And when Our revelations are recited unto him he turneth away in pride as if he heard them not, as if there were a deafness in his ears.  So give him tidings of a painful doom

When Allah's ayats or signs are recited to certain folks, they turn away as if they never heard them.  So who are these people?   The reference is clearly to those who follow sources of guidance other than the Quran.  Thus, Allah says,  " .. give him tidings of a painful doom".

-------------

Please take into consideration Verses 38 to 46 of Surah 69 (Al-Haqqah)

69.038 But nay! I swear by all that ye see
69.039 And all that ye see not
69.040 That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger.
69.041 It is not poet's speech - little is it that ye believe!
69.042 Nor diviner's speech - little is it that ye remember!
69.043 It is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.
69.044 And if he had invented false sayings concerning Us,
69.045 We assuredly had taken him by the right hand
69.046 And then severed his life-artery,  

Surely the Quran is the saying of the honorable Messenger.  It is not the saying of a poet or a story teller.  This means, the Quran is a revelation or inspiration from Allah to His Messenger.  Whatever Allah revealed, the RasoolAllah said it.  As simple and straight as that.  

But the general public among Muslims today say that the Quran is the saying of Allah while hadith is saying of the Prophet.  But the truth of the matter is, whatever Allah sent down was recited or repeated by His Final Messenger..  This is certain which no one can deny.  Allah Himself is giving evidence and authority that the Quran is the saying of the messenger by inspiration of Allah.  But in books of tradition and according to the authority of various scholars, hadith is what the Prophet said outside of the Quran.  But Allah confirms that only the Quran is what the Prophet said after being revealed to him by Allah.    In the above ayats, Allah also confirms that if the messenger had said anything of his own in Allah's name, he would have been punished severely by Allah.

Very clearly and logically, the above ayats along with its discussion above, leaves no doubt that the Prophet (SAAW) would never say anything on his own that did not agree and conform with the Noble Quran. Anyone who firmly trusts the Words of Allah and trusts the honesty of the Final Messenger would never accept anything as the sayings of the Prophet which is not confirmed by the Quran.  And as we have seen ourselves, there is much in the man-written hadith literature that's not warranted by the Quran.

-------------

We will now read Verse 33:21 of Surah Al-Ahzab.

Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much.

Allah confirms in the above Verse that the most beautiful and perfect pattern to follow for believers is in the Mesenger of Allah.  But people think this refers to following the Prophet (SAAW) through the Bukhari hadith and other sets of man-written hadith.  People read this ayat and then refer to the hadith.  They totally disregard the information of the Quran, as if the Quran does not describe any beautiful qualities of the Final Messenger.  

Also please read Verse 4:80 of Surah Al-Nissa

Whoso obeyeth the messenger hath obeyed Allah, and whoso turneth away: We have not sent thee as a warder over them.

Allah confirms above that whoever follows the Messenger follows Allah.  This means, following Quran automatically means following the messenger.  Quran is the Final Message of Allah.  The Final Messenger himself confirms this through inspiration from the Divine Power.  On the other hand, the compilation and writing of the Hadith literature is NOT the message of Allah.  There can be no denials on this.

In many verses Allah also tells His Messenger how to respond to people when they ask questions.   Thus, in such verses, Allah is not directing answering but is telling the Mesenger what he (the Messenger) should say, and then Allah reveals the message He wants His Messenger to say.

For e.g. please read Verses 2:80, 2:111 and 6:37 as follows.  Thus Allah is narrating what people are saying, and telling the RasoolAllah to answer to them.

And they say: The Fire (of punishment) will not touch us save for a certain number of days. Say: Have ye received a covenant from Allah - truly Allah will not break His covenant - or tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not ?  (2:80  Al-Baqrah)

And they say: None entereth paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian. These are their own desires. Say: Bring your proof (of what ye state) if ye are truthful. (2:111)

They say: Why hath no portent been sent down upon him from his Lord ? Say: Lo! Allah is Able to send down a portent. But most of them know not.  (6:37  A-Anum)

Here I would also like to add that the runners of the deviated website commonly known as 'Free Minds' who falsely claim to follow the Quran, are also one of the many who misunderstand and misinterpret this issue.  I've read in several of their posts where they disagree with the interpretation in the English Quranic translatiion which mentions "O Muhammad" before or in between various Quranic Ayats  That is because, the Free Minders, through their own deep ignorance, do not know the difference between Allah's direct commandments and His dictates to be conveyed to the people or questioners through His Messenger as has been so  well clarified by Brother Muhammad Sheikh.

----------------

Please read Verse 7:28 of Surah Al-Araf.

And when they do some lewdness they say: We found our fathers doing it and Allah hath enjoined it on us. Say: Allah, verily, enjoineth not lewdness. Tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not ?  (7:28  Al-Araf)

When people commit violations they justify it by saying we found our fathers and ancestors doing the same.  so Allah tells the Prophet to  tell them that Allah does not order obscenity.  7:203 -- when Prophet does not bring an ayah as sign they ask why. Allah tells teh prophet to say that he only follows whats inspired in him from Allah.  

2:189 -- people question you (the prophet) about the crescent and new moon.  Allah says to say on His authority to give the answer.   2:215 -- People question what they should spend.  Again Allah gives the answer thru the Prophet.  Also 2:219 on gambling and intoxicants.  Many more such examples. These are the sayings of the Messenger on the authority of Allah.  ie. qawl of the Rasool within the Quran.  ie. Sunnah within the Quran.

41:43 --- Allah confirms that whatever is said to people thru prophet Muhammed was already said before thru other messengers.  Questions of mankind dont change.  and answers r there.

23:68,69 ----  here Allah says if the people r not pondering on the qaul or sayings of the Prophet.  or do they not recognize the messenger?  It refers to the sayings of the prophet within the Quran.  Not the writings of bukhari attributed to the Prophet (pbuh).  If you do not ponder on the sayings of the messenger within the Quran it means you do not recognize him.  This is what Allah clearly states.

-------------

Now we'll read Verse 33 and 34 of the 52nd Surah, At-Tur.

Or say they: He hath invented it ? Nay, but they will not believe!  Then let them produce speech the like thereof, if they are truthful. (52:33-34  Surah At-Tur)

Allah says in the above verses that let people come with a "Hadith" like this (Quran) if they are truthful.  Hadith here refers to the Quran.    But no one can come with the Hadith like the Quran.  This is the qawl of Rasool-e-Kerim at the behest of Allah.  No Hadith can be like Allah's Hadith.  People have come up with their own hadiths but it can never be like Allah's Hadith.

Coming to Surah Al-Waqiah, verses 81 and 82.

Is it this Statement that ye scorn,   And make denial thereof your livelihood ?  (56:81-82  Surah Al-Waqiah)

Allah states above that people have made it their sustenance to falsify the Hadith of Allah.  This is said in the words of Allah.

Surah An-Najam, verses 59 to 62 ..

Marvel ye then at this statement,  And laugh and not weep,  While ye amuse yourselves ? Rather prostrate yourselves before Allah and serve Him. (53:59-62  Surah An-Najam)

The above is so true that people make a mockery at the beauty of Allah's revelations..  They laugh at it when actually they ought to be crying over their own practices.

Surah 68:44, Al-Qalam (The Pen) ..

Leave Me (to deal) with those who give the lie to this pronouncement. We shall lead them on by steps from whence they know not.  (68:44  Surah Al-Qalam)  

Allah says above that whoever belies His Hadith, Allah will deal with them in ways unexpectedly to them.

------------------

Behaviour of people towards Hadith of the Quran

These are the portents of Allah which We recite unto thee (Muhammad) with truth. Then in what fact, after Allah and His portents, will they believe ?  (45:6  Surah Al-Jathiyya)

Allah says in the above vere 45:6 .. in which Hadith (fact) after this will they believe?  It refers to the Quran itself and Allah is Himself saying it.  People must know all Quranic  ayats are Allah's signs.  These are NOT human philosophy.  So if people dont believe in this or they do not take it seriously or ignore it by seeking guidance from other sources,,  what else will they believe in and what else can really impress them?  

When Allah states, in which hadith after this will you believe, people think the reference is to the Bukhari and other hadiths compiled by humans.  A gross and total misconception.  

Emphasis should be made again on the issue that everyone must first read and understand the ayats of Allah, and then they will be in a position to judge other books.

------------------

Questions and Answers:

Does traditional hadith means following the Messenger?

'Aitullah' and 'Atiul Rasool,' meaning, follow Allah and follow the Rasool.  What's the difference.?

Please refer to Verse 3:132 and 4:80 as quoted below.

And obey Allah and the messenger, that ye may find mercy.  (3:132  Surah Al-Imraan)

Whoso obeyeth the messenger hath obeyed Allah, and whoso turneth away: We have not sent thee as a warder over them.   (4:80  Surah An-Nissa)

Whoever follows Allah follows the Messenger.    Thus, Allah's direct command is 'Atiullah.  And when Allah gives a commandment to the Propeht to convey it to the people, it's 'AtiulRasool' that is, when Allah is telling the Prophet how to respond to people.

On Hikmah

Our Lord! And raise up in their midst a messenger from among them who shall recite unto them Thy revelations, and shall instruct them in the Scripture and in wisdom and shall make them grow.  Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Mighty, Wise.  (2:129  Surah Al-Baqrah)  

Hikmah or wisdom in the Quran refers to the Quran itself, not Bukhaari or other such hadiths.  Similarly, Allah also says He gives hikmah to whom He wills.  This too has nothing to do with the man-written hadiths.  Hikmah given to the Final Messenger is the Quran itself, that is,  Allah Almighty inspires the Prophet (SAAW) and reveals His Message to the Prophet, and the Prophet recites it.  This is the hikmah or wisdom Allah refers to in the Quran.

-----------------

This following line of the Quran is most often misinterpreted by ulemas out of context and is used for supporting the existence of man-written hadith.  Thus, please read carefully.

" .. And whatsoever the messenger giveth you, take it. And whatsoever he forbiddeth, abstain (from it)..."  (59:7  Surah Al-Hashr)

Most scholars and ulemas claim that the above line refers to the importance of man-written hadith like al-Bukhari etc.  Secondly, the questioner who brought up this verse also stated that since the Prophet was obviously not reciting the Quran all the time, so why can the man-written hadiths not be accepted as the sayings (or qawl) of the Prophet in regard to issues of everyday life.

Answer to the above:

First of all, Verse 59:7 stated above which is often and wrongly taken as referring to man-written hadith, is not a complete or full ayat.  Rather it's a portion of a compelte ayat.  The complete ayat is as follows:

That which Allah giveth as spoil unto His messenger from the people of the townships, it is for Allah and His messenger and for the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, that it become not a commodity between the rich among you. And whatsoever the messenger giveth you, take it. And whatsoever he forbiddeth, abstain (from it). And keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is stern in reprisal.  (59:7  Surah Al-Hashr)

The complete above verse is about the distribution of war booty.  It's not referred to the Prophet's everyday actions.  Thus the scholars havev very cleverly picked a portion of the verse out of context and used it to support the following the man-written hadiths.  This portion of the verse refers to the war booty and it means that whatever the Messenger distributes of the wealth or sadqa among the poor and needy, they should take it and whatever he doesn't give they should be satisfied with it.  that is, to trust the Prophet's judgment on distribution of booty.

Answering the second part of the question .. according to every strong historical evidence, in the Prophet's lifetime there were no man-written hadith books at all.  These traditional hadiths compiled by people came much after the passing away of the Prophet (saaw) .. almost 200 years later.  Allah will not refer to any future man-written book because He will never refer to any other books for guidance except His Final Message.

Moreover, traditional hadiths cannot be taken as Qawl-e-Rasool even if we separate the Prophet's life as a person from his life as the Final Messenger because, first of all, the Quran confirms the Prophet's strong character and temperament on the basis of which Allah chose him as His Final Messenger in numerous verses.  On the other side, the descriptions of the Prophet's nature as narrated in the Bukhari and other such hadiths do not tally with the contents of the Noble Quran.  And as we must accept, the Quran is the sole Criterion for judging all information.  If any outside information clashes with any contents of the Quran, that outside information must be rejected as false.

------------------------

Here's a very important point.

The Quran states that the Prophet does NOT say anything on his own accord.  

This means that the Prophet (saaw) cannot implement any law or condone any practices if it is not in agreement with the Quran.  The following are very firm and serious verses.

By the Star when it setteth,  Your comrade erreth not, nor is deceived;   Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire.   It is naught save an inspiration that is inspired,   Which one of mighty powers hath taught him,  (53:1-5 Surah An-Najam)

It is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.  And if he had invented false sayings concerning Us,  We assuredly had taken him by the right hand  And then severed his life-artery,  And not one of you could have held Us off from him.  (69:43-47 Surah Al-Haqqah).

The above verses are sufficient grounds to question or reject so much that's found in man-written hadiths which do not conform with the Quran.

And finally ..

Quran is an inspiration from Allah to the prophet.  And Allah Himself is the Greatest Witness for this.

Say (O Muhammad): What thing is of most weight in testimony ? Say: Allah is Witness between me and you. And this Qur'an hath been inspired in me, that I may warn therewith you and whomsoever it may reach. Do ye in sooth bear witness that there are gods beside Allah ? Say: I bear no such witness. Say: He is only One God. Lo! I am innocent of that which ye associate (with Him).  (6:19  Surah Al-Anum).
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:33:48 am »

Thank u sister Zainab for this detailed transcript alongwith your clarifications of every video.   This is so helpful for quick references.  I read it complete this morning but didn't have the time to post a 'thank u' response.  I hope our readers will take full advantage of it, InshAllah.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 11:29:24 pm »

I was at this post for 4 or 5 days.  Because of the crunch in my daily schedule, it took me that much time to finish watching all 15 or 16 videos and also the transcript / commentary posted by sister zainab.  Honestly, this is an exhilerating lecture and thread.  Yeah, many of the things mentioned by this brother have already crossed my mind which we have also taken up here in our forum.  It's always good to check up with different lectures on the same topic as everyone has a different approach of bringing out an issue before public eyes.  That enhances the knowledge of every truth-seeker.  And indeed the goal of a genuine believer should be the quest for truth, particularly in times like these when so many theocrats are attempting to conceal the Message of Allah with their own ideas.  And to promote their ideas they use the name of the Prophet (pbuh) as leverage.  Brother Sheikh's outlook is truly superb.  That's because his love & respect for Allah and His Messenger runs deep and thus the deviations hurt him, as it would to any true believer. 

My thanks to all of you for putting up the videos and contributing to this thread.  Insh'Allah, I will forward this link of this thread to all in my email list.  I request our readers here to please do the same.

Assalam Alaykum
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:39 am »

Thanks much sister Zaynab for your additional input.  This will make it more convenient for me to follow-up the videos.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: