Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 04:02:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Refuting the Shiia claim that Azar was not Prophet Abraham's father

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Refuting the Shiia claim that Azar was not Prophet Abraham's father  (Read 200 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 05, 2016, 02:10:48 pm »

BismEm

Like all Sunni hadithists, Shiias (who too are hadithists) also believe that there were a total of 124,000 Prophets even though the Noble Quran mentions NO such numbers.  Additionally the largest sect of Shiias (commonly known as "twelvers") believe that there were 12 imams starting from Ali bin Abu Talib to Mahdi - a patrimonial link coming down from father to son.  Just as the Sunnis assume all sahabas were perfect, the Shiia approach postulates all imams and their families were infallible. 

To support the above illogical and unwarranted presumption, the Shiias also conclude that families members of all former Prophets were infallible  and thus they were all followers of Tawheed (monotheism).  Influenced by this presumption, Shiias refuse to accept that Prophet Abraham's father, Azar, was a disbeliever .. something which is patently and transparently confirmed in the Noble Quran.

According to haphazard Shiachat website, Azar was Prophet Abraham's "uncle" not his father even though the Noble Quran has plainly mentioned Azar as Abraham's father. 

To propagate these false notions, Shiachat has posted a profoundly fallacious analysis (link above) by grossly misunderstanding the very simple Verses of the Noble Quran.   Details of Shiachat's wrong analysis and our response are as follows.

FIRST:

Shiachat's first set of arguments is through Verses 9:114 and 14:41.  Quoting both Verses below, I'll then continue my analysis to expose Shiachat's folly.

"The prayer of Abraham for the forgiveness of his father was only because of a promise he had promised him, but when it had become clear unto him that he (his father) was an enemy to Allah he (Abraham) disowned him. Lo! Abraham was soft of heart, long-suffering."   9:114.

"Our Rab! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast.  (14:41)." 
   This was Abraham's prayer in his old age.

According to Shiachat Verse14:41 proves Azar was Prophet Abraham's uncle otherwise Abraham would not pray for his forgiveness as that would amount to Abraham's disobedience to Allah by asking forgiveness for the enemy of Allah. Shiachat's uncorroborated supposition is that Azar eventually embraced monotheism and for that reason Abraham, in his old age, asked forgiveness for his father, Azar.

Now let us analyze both the above Verses, and additionally with Verse 60:4, to expose the oversight of Shiachat.

Prophet Abraham disowned his disbelieving father by severing ties with him in this world.  However, Abraham's promise to ask forgiveness of his father (V.9:114) still stood.  Generally as a spiritual principle one is not supposed to ask forgiveness for a disbeliever even if they are close members of one's family.  However, in Abraham's case Allah Almighty made an exception, perhaps as a special favor to Abraham, whom Allah describes in Verse 9:114 as "soft of heart, long-suffering."   Since Abraham was a gentleman, thus he kept his promise.  This does NOT mean Azar was forgiven by Allah.  It was just a formal gesture of courtesy on the part of Abraham.

This aspect also been highlighted in Verse 60:4, quote: " .... save that which Abraham promised his father (when he said): I will ask forgiveness for you, though I own nothing for you from Allah - Our Rab! In YOU we put our trust, and unto YOU we turn repentant, and unto YOU is the journeying."   The Verse confirms that Abraham told his father, obviously another time, that he would seek forgiveness for him.  Abraham also mentioned to his father that he (Abraham) had no authority to obtain any favors for him from Allah.  In other words, Abraham frankly told Azar that his (Abraham's) humble request to Allah to forgive Azar was NO guarantee that Azar would be forgiven.

Hence, the Quranic narration is very explicit and easy to understand.  Though Abraham disassociated himself from his disbelieving father in earthly life, he did not change his mind about seeking forgiveness for his father.  Abraham's promise to his father for asking forgiveness for him did not mean that Abraham did not cut off ties with him.  Rather, Abraham renounced his father despite asking forgiveness for him from Allah.  Instead of quarreling with his father over their differences, Prophet Abraham adhered to a more civil approach and sought forgiveness.  Abraham's adherence to this approach did not change and thus, in his old age, he asked forgiveness for his parents in his supplication as quoted by The Almighty in Verse 14:41. 

Furthermore ....

Azar had threatened to stone his son, Prophet Abraham (pbuh), and ordered Abraham to stay out of his (Azar's) life.  Yet, as a gentle and modest person, Prophet Abrham's response was peace and forgiveness.  Refer to Verses 19:46-47 Surah Al-Maryam as follows.

"He said: Reject you my gods, O Abraham ? If you cease not, I shall surely stone you. Depart from me a long while!"  (19:46).
[This is Azar talking angrily to Prophet Abraham].

"He said: Peace be unto you! I shall ask forgiveness of my Rab for you. Lo! He was ever gracious unto me."  (19:47).
[This is Prophet Abraham's response to his father Azar].

Thereby, Prophet Abraham had repeated more than once that he would seek forgiveness for his father as a promise and a peaceful reaction.  And so in Verse 14:41 he kept that promise.  At the same time, Prophet Abraham had also already confirmed to Azar that his (Abraham's) promise for asking forgiveness for Azar is NOT guaranteed because Abraham (like everyone else) is powerless before the decisions of Allah Almighty.  The Quranic narration concerning Azar make is very obvious tht he died as a hostile disbeliever and hence, as per the confirmed rules of Allah, he cannot be forgiven in the Hereafter.

SECOND:

Shiachat persists that Azar was Prophet Abraham's "uncle" when the Quran categorically refers to him again and again as Abraham's "father."  Refer to Verses 6:74 and 21:52 as follows.

"(Remember) when Abraham said unto his father Azar: Take you idols for gods ? Lo! I see you and your folk in error manifest."  (6:74).

"When he said unto his father and his folk: What are these images unto which you pay devotion ?"  (21:52).

In Verse 6:74, Azar is unquestionably referred to as Abraham's father NOT uncle.  Then again Verse 21:52  precisely states that Abraham's father and his father's social circle were idolaters.   The is absolutely no ambiguity in these Verses and therefore arguing to the contrary is needless.

Then again, Shiachat uses Verse 2:133 to guess that in Arabic language the word "ab" which means "father" is also used as a replacement for the term "uncle."   Completely wrong!  This argument of Shiachat is based on its lack of knowledge of both Arabic and English.  It also proves that Shiachat has not even read the original Verse 2:133 carefully or perhaps hasn't read it at all.

Let us take a close look at Verse 2:133.  First I will quote:
-  the original Arabic of Verse 2:133,
-  then the word by word English transliteration,
-  followed by word by word English translation by Corpus Quran,
-  and finally its English translation by Pickthall as given below in the order I mentioned.

Keep reading ....

Original Arabic Verse 2:133

أَمْ كُنتُمْ شُهَدَاءَ إِذْ حَضَرَ يَعْقُوبَ الْمَوْتُ إِذْ قَالَ لِبَنِيهِ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ بَعْدِي قَالُوا نَعْبُدُ إِلَهَكَ وَإِلَهَ آبَائِكَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ إِلَهًا وَاحِدًا وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ (البقرة: 133).

Transliteration in English of Verse 2:133
am kuntum shuhadāa idh hadara Yaquba l-mawtu idh qala libanīhi mā taʿbudūna min baʿdī  qālū  naʿbudu  ilāhaka  wa-ilāha  ābāika  ib'rāhīma  wa-is'māʿīla  wa-is'ḥāqa  ilāhan  wāḥidan  wanaḥnu  lahu  mus'limūna

Translation English Word by word Verse 2:133 by Corpus Quran
"Or were you witnesses when came to Yakub (the) death when he said to his sons, 'What will you worship from after me?'  They said, 'We will worship your God and (the) God (of) your forefathers, Ibrahim and Ishmael and Isaac - God One.  And we to Him (are) submissive.' "

Translation English Verse 2:133 by Pickthall
"Or were you present when death came to Jacob, when he said unto his sons: What will you worship after me ? They said: We shall worship your God, the God of your forefathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and unto Him we have surrendered."  2:133.

And below is the flawed argument of Shiachat based on Verse 2:133.
Quote --
"Now the verse uses the word ab but the father of Yaqoob (a.s) was Ishaq (a.s) and not Ismaeel (a.s), so why has Allah swt use the same terminology for an uncle? This goes to show that ab in arabic can also be used for an uncle."
Unquote --

Shiachat has made a very ignorant blunder and therefore rectifying its erroneous scrutiny is very simple.  Shiachat has quoted Verse 2:133 incorrectly.  In Verse 2:133, Allah does not use the word "ab" rather Allah mentions the word ābāika which means "forefathers."  This word has the  same definition as ancestors. Whether the word 'forefather' is used in plural or singular - forefathers or forefather - it means ancestors or ancestor, NOT father or biological father.  Also, let me clarify the ancestral links of Jacob.   As we know, Jacob was the father of Joseph and his brothers.  Verse 2:133 states that when Jacob was close to death he asked his sons to confirm whom they would worship after he passed away.  So, his sons replied they would worship the One God of Jacob's "forefathers" denoting Jacob's ancestors who were as follows:

-   Isaac (or Ishaq), the biological father of Jacob,
-   Ishmael (or Ismail), the brother of Isaac, uncle of Jacob and the younger son of Abraham
-   Abraham (or Ibrahim), the grandfather of Jacob and father of Ishmael and Isaac.

Thus, in Verse 2:133, the sons of Jacob are confirming to their father that they will worship Allah only Whom his (Jacob's) ancestors or forefathers worshiped.   I repeat, the forefathers or ancestors of Jacob include Isaac, Ishmael and Abraham.

CONCLUSION:

There is NO doubt about the fact that Azar was the name of Prophet Abraham's father who was an idolater, a disbeliever.  Subsequently Prophet Abraham severed ties with his father, Azar.  Despite that, as a formality, Prophet Abraham simply promised Azar that he would ask forgiveness for him from Allah Almighty.  This does not imply that everyone should ask forgiveness for disbelievers. It was apparently a minor concession only for Prophet Abraham, and it also does NOT mean that Azar was granted forgiveness from Allah Almighty. 

Also, there is no such rule in Arabic language to address uncles as fathers.  This guesswork is rubbish.  Uncle is uncle and father is father.  As simple as that.

Once again it's been proven that Shiias are just as foolishly argumentative as Sunnis because both these two butt cheeks are always arguing to prove something incorrect.  Based on the whims of their traditional teachings, they try to twist the Verses of the Quran to make Quranic contents compatible with those traditions.  Such fraudulent tactics are absolutely disgusting! 

Related Posts:

Concept of infallibility among Shiias has been proven totally wrong directly from Quranic evidences.  No human being is / was perfect including Prophets and their families.  Check our detailed analysis Attribution Infallibility to Humans.

The Noble Quran mentions the names of 25 Prophets.  In total, there were more than 25 sent by Allah but He has not disclosed that total.  The idea of 124,000 Prophets in total is pure guesswork from Hadith which is NOT warranted by the Quran.  Read 25 Prophets mentioned in the Noble Quran.

The Noble Quran has also given ample evidence that of the two sons of Prophet Abraham - Ishmael and Isaac - it was Ishmael was taken for sacrifice (only as a test of Abraham's Faith) which also provides sufficient evidence that Ishamel was the older of the two sons of Abraham.  Check oOur very simple and concise analysis, unlike the complicated ones in other sites:  Ishmael or Issac?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 07:32:17 pm »

I agree with you 101% Sister Heba.  I'm shocked that this person at Shiachat could even think of such an argument.  It's appalling that instead of understanding the simple narrations of the Noble Quran as stated by Allah Almighty, the traditionalists try to distort the contents of the Quran to make them match with their illogical, fantasy-filled traditions.  Their attitude is not just unacceptable but also irritating to the utmost.

Many thanks for this beautifully articulated piece which you have viewed very intelligently.  Allah bless.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:27:14 am »

These shit heads at shiachat are borderline retards.  No less ignorant than the wahabi-sunni forums.   The "two butt cheeks" ...... very well described sister Heba.

And thank you for the very professional analysis.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: