Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 04:27:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Was "Eve" created of Adam's rib?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Was "Eve" created of Adam's rib?  (Read 1789 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 24, 2009, 02:33:03 am »

BismEm

The Noble Quran does not say that Eve was created from Adam's ribs but states that Allah Almighty created  "you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain has spread abroad a multitude of men and women." (4:1  Surah An-Nissa). 

As the Quran clearly indicates, the first human being was Adam (pbuh).  Allah Almighty created him from earth and gave him spirit. The Divine wisdom created Adam's wife to be a life companion for Adam and for the human race to proliferate.  In fact the Quran also does not mention the name of Adam's wife.  The term "Eve" comes from Western sources and probably the altered Bibles.  Many scholars and ulemas have come up with their own interpretation that Allah created Adam's wife from Adam’s left rib. Then again, the feminists with all their hype and aggression often like to twist this around with rude jokes.   Woman is created not to be above man but to be by his side, to be equal, to be protected. And near his heart to be loved   This concept has been very clearly and directly articulated in the Noble Quran is many verses.  Praise be to Allah (The Most High) always. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jon Andy Mac

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 04:57:44 pm »

Sister,

WHERE does the Book state Eve was created from the rib?

The rib is a bone that is crooked, and cannot be made straight. Are women deceptive, unable to become good?

Adam was first created from black clay, and Allah breathed life into him. He commanded to him, "Be!" And he was. Eve's creation was not described, BUT, al-Kitab states men and women are created from a clot and a sperm.

Sister, I am reading this, as well as many posts on this site. Many of your arguments are deriving from hadeeth, from the Bible, and not from al-Kitab. Might I ask WHY?

Salamun Alaikom
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 11:43:58 pm »

There he goes again on his war path tone ......

Sister,

WHERE does the Book state Eve was created from the rib?

Eve wasn't created by the rib.  That's was this post is trying to say.   You're reading nothing, just acting Mr.argumentative know-all venting your agitation.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:40:47 am »

salamem

''contradictions with Quran and Compatibility with bible ... that's what this literature is so called hadith. That's what i have learned  if u want to confirm any hadith simply look into altered bible...this claim irritate me so much !! sis i have few questions also regarding this claim help me to understand further please !

The Bible describes the creation of Hawa (Eve) as follows in the Book of Genesis 2:21-22  which is confirm this hadith NOT Quran 

Genesis 2:21-22 (King James Version)

21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept : and he tookone of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Q: As far i know ONLY one women mention by name in Quran and that's Maryam /mary mother of jesus (pbuh)  ??

There is no mention in the Noble Quran regarding the creation of the first woman and the mother of mankind, Hawa /Eve nor Quran mention the creation of women(eve/hawa) from the rib of Adam(pbuh)….but what is mentioned in the Quran is that Adam's wife was created from the ‘nafs’ (soul) of prophet Adam(pbuh)

@ sis verse u mention quoting again for my understanding !

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُواْ رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُم مِّن نَّفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالاً كَثِيراً وَنِسَاء

O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them has spread a multitude of men and women 4:1

O mankind! Fear your Lord, Who created you from a single (Arabic: Wahidatin) soul (Arabic: Nafsin) and created from out of it (Arabic min'huma) its mate (Arabic: Zawjaha) and spread from these two, many men (Arabic: Rijalan) and women (Arabic: Nisa'a) and fear God, by Whom you demand one of another (your rights), and (to) the ties of relationship; surely God ever watches over you

Q: This verse tells that the beginning of life was a single soul,  and it's mate came out of it (Allah made it) ??

The same meaning is expressed in other verses, such as 30.21, as follows

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ أَنْ خَلَقَ لَكُمْ مِنْ أَنْفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا لِتَسْكُنُوا إِلَيْهَا وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَكُمْ مَوَدَّةً وَرَحْمَةً إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَاتٍ لِقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ

min - anfusikum -  from -yourselves

And of His signs: He has created for you from yourselves mates with whom you find rest , and He ordained between you love and mercy . In this, there are signs for people who ponder 30.21 .

Everything in the world has been created on the principle of the pairs  right ??

And We have created you in pairs, 78:8

And all things We have created by pairs, that haply ye may reflect.51:49

It clearly means that Allah created the first woman, eve / hawa from the ‘nafs’ of Adam (pbuh). So Adam (pbuh) Is Created From One Soul (arabic:Nafs) and His Spouse Is Created OUT Of That One soul .

right ???
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:46 am »

salamem

"O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them has spread a multitude of men and women " 4:1

This verse tells that the beginning of life was a single soul,  and it's mate came out of it (Allah made it) ??

It clearly means that Allah created the first woman, eve / hawa from the ‘nafs’ of Adam (pbuh). So Adam (pbuh) Is Created From One Soul (arabic:Nafs) and His Spouse Is Created OUT Of That One soul .
right ???

Walaikum as-Salam, sister Muslima. 

As in V.4:1 - "O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you." This obviously refers that Adam was created first and his mate, Hawa was created after him and from him.  But we cannot confirm how Hawa was created from Adam, whether of his 'nafs' or any other way.  This information is only known to Allah which He has not disclosed in the Quran.   So we will have to leave it there.   From what I understand, 'nafs' or 'soul' refers to the soul of the man or Adam, and the mate being created from it refers to it being created from the man.  But the exact method of creation is not defined.

Of course the biblical story of Hawa (Eve) being created from Adam's rib is completely unreliable.  The Quran does not specify that at all nor does it give us any reason to presume that concept.

Moreover neither the name Eve nor it equivalent Hawa are used in the Quran.  So maybe I shouldn't have referred to her as Hawa.  The expression "Adam's wife" is more appropriate.

For further explanation on the same subject, let me quote Professor Maududi's commentary with which I agree:

QUOTE.

"The details how out of that 'being' its mate was created are not known to us. The explanation which is generally given by the commentators of the Qur'an and which is also found in the Bible is that Eve was, created out of a rib of Adam. (The Talmud is even more detailed in that it states that Eve was created out of Adam's thirteenth rib on the left side.) The Qur'an, however, is silent on the matter and the tradition which is adduced in support of this statement does not mean what it is often thought to be. It is thus better that we leave the matter in the same state of ambiguity in which it was left by God, rather than waste our time trying to determine, in detail, the actual process of the creation of man's mate."

UNQUOTE.

The sensational story-telling approach of the altered/man-written bible, torah and talmud have given many detailed accounts of the creation of Eve.  It's also true that many Muslim tafsir writers and "ulemas" have borrowed such ideas from these altered man-written books.  But as sincere Muslims who follow the Quran only, we cannot accept such stories from other sources, if the contents of these stories do not conform with the Quran.   Therefore, we can only assert that Adam was created first, and later, his wife was created from him.  This is the point up to which the Quran confirms the matter to us.   
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 07:31:29 pm »

Hmmm okay thanks sis for reply Allah bless u  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:50:13 am »

As-salam Alaikum brother Abbottonian.  Very nice seeing you here after a long, long time.  I pray, hope, you and your family are well. 

I read your query at our shoutbox and Sister Ruhi also forwarded you inbox message on this subject.  If you carefully read this thread, it should answer your question.  However, I will again recap the topic briefly for your convenience as follows :-

The idea of Adam's wife created from his rib comes from Jewish & Christian sources and likewise also from Hadith and tafsirs of medieval so-called scholars who borrowed plenty of information from the altered Bibles.  E.g. Ibn Kathir's tafsir mentions "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Treat women kindly, for woman was created from a bent rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is the top part, so treat women kindly.” "    Similarly there  is also a Hadith by Abu Hurairah in which he says all women are created from the rib, quote: "they are created from a Rib and the most crooked portion of the Rib is its upper part; if you try to straighten it, it will break, and if you leave it, it will remain crooked, so I urge you to take care of the women." (Probably from Bukhari or maybe Muslim - Book #62, Hadith #114).  All this stuff have NO compatibility with the Noble Quran.  In fact several mainstream Muslim sources (e.g. Turn to Islam) have mentioned that those ahadith on "Hawa" created from Adam's rib are not authentic as these ahadith were constructed / fabricated from Jewish books brought in by Arab-Jewish 'scholars' in the Arabian peninsula.  This sounds very true as plenty of such fraud & forgery were committed by using the name of our Prophet (pbuh) for writing 99% of the hadith literature.

In Verse 4:1, Allah Almighty refers to the nafs or soul and not the physical body. Tafsir writers as well as translators have gone completely awry with various inaccuracies about this Verse because of the influence of Hadith and the altered Old and New Testaments touting that "Eve" was created from Adam's rib.  I read in Turn to Islam that the Muslim-Egyptian author Zaghloul El Naggar stated that the reference in Verse 4:1 is that Adam's wife was created from the same composition or clay that was used for creating Adam.  Zaghloul El-Naggar further explains that Adam was created first and then from the same material that was used for the creation of Adam, his wife was created.  While only Allah knows best, this explanation on Verse 4:1 sounds correct. 

Most of our mainstream brethren including scholars use the name "Hawa."  Frankly I would like to refrain from it because the Quran does not mention that name in connection to Adam's wife at all.  Apart from mother of Essa, Virgin Maryam, the Quran does not mention the name of any female relative of any of the Prophets.  For that matter the Quran also does not mention the names of any male relatives of any Prophets except Azar and Abu Lahab both of whom were disbelievers - the former was the father of Prophet Ibrahim(pbuh) refer to Verse 6:74 and the latter was reportedly an uncle of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) refer to Surah 111, Al-Masad.

I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.  If I've missed out any relevant points, please feel free to bring them up here.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: