Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 06:18:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Does the Quran contain the exact procedure of salaat?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Quran contain the exact procedure of salaat?  (Read 5847 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 05:59:07 am »

As-Salam Alaykum everyone. 

(4) And reciting whichever Quranic verses we can easily remember.
"Recite, then, of the Qur'an that which is easy for you. .... So recite of it that which is easy (for you), and establish worship and pay the poor-due,..."  (73:20)   Surah Al-Muzzamil.

Concerning point 4, my husband and I were also discussing another aspect.  In this Verse the Noble Quran says that we are permitted to recite "that which is easy for you" .. This obviously means any Surah, Verse, Quranic paragraph or Quranic lines.  Would you agree?  If not, any Quranic evidences to support it? 

Now my point is, we Muslims are taught that during salah (prayer), after reciting Fatiha, we must recite only Surahs.  And since majority of us don't know the lengthy Surahs by memory, so we memorize the short Surahs from the final part (para) of the Quran.  We recite these short Surahs during prayers because they're easy to learn by-heart.  At the same time, I also know by-heart at least 20 or more Verses and lines of different Surahs of the Quran which I recite as zikr or dua.   My question is, why cannot we also recite these lines during prayer after reciting Fatiha?  Allah says to recite of the Quran whatever is easy for you.  So why do our jurists interpret this only as recitation of complete Surahs?

Hope I've made my point clear. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 06:45:33 am »

That's a very logical question Sister Ruhi.  I've myself thought of it quite a few times.  I absolutely agree that Verse 73:20 refers to any pieces of Quranic contents, complete Surahs included of course.  But you're right, according to the way we are taught, we can only recite complete Surahs after Fatiha.  However, personally I don't see any reason why we shouldn't also include Quranic Ayats, Verses and Quranic lines in our recitations after the Fatiha.  That would be perfectly in accordance with Quranic rules.  There are certainly no instructions in the Quran that say our recitations must consist only of complete Surahs.  Verse 73:20 is a proof of that.   
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:16 am »

Thanks a billion ma Sis.  My husband and I were showered with many different answers when we tried to find out about this from friends and our Islamic community folks.  Some say if you choose to recite Ayat then you must recite minimal of 3 Ayats.  Someone else said if it's a long Ayat like Ayat al-Kursi then only one Ayat is enough.  Then again someone else said whether the Ayat is long or short, you must recite 3 Ayats after Fatiha (if it's not a Surah). 

Just look at the wholesale differences of opinion.  But we decided to ignore them.  Allah does not refer to any such rules of minimal or maximum Ayats.   All Quranic Verses and complete Surahs are beautiful.  We can recite whichever we remember.  That's what Allah has said.
Report Spam   Logged

DannyT

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 05:25:27 am »

Sister Z awesome work. I love the whole discussion. I actually get very upset nowadays when I recall past years of Islamic discussion with friends and even nowadays whenever something of a slight dispute or example comes up with salah or anything for that matter, immediately we used to be like "what did the prophet do"  not once did we think,  what did Allah say in the Quran regarding this. I did always wonder in my heart though ever so slightly, why does no one check the Quran. I don't mean any disrespect by not wanting to follow what the prophet did but rather it would be highly disrespectful and sinful If I did something that was contrary to what Allah said in the Quran.
Report Spam   Logged
Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 11:58:09 am »

You're so correct.  As Sister once rightly said, people keep talking that if it wasn't for the hadith how would we know of such and such thing b'coz it isn't mentioned in the Quran?  These folks don't realize, their very perception is upside down.  The query should be the other way round ::  If the Quran does not mention something, why must the hadith implement it?  Purpose of the hadith should be to compliment the Quran, instead it keeps contradicting the Quran by setting its own rules using the Prophet's (pbuh) name to acquire leverage.

It's basically inherent of humans to be more attracted to man-written works than the perfection of the Divine Message.  You'll find many useful and interesting posts on this topic in our hadith general discussion board/flaws/drawbacks/contradictions. 

Most irritating of all, when traditionalists portray one's Quran alone approach as being against the Prophet (pbuh).  Makes me furious!  How can they say such a thing when I don't even recognize hadith as coming from the Prophet (pbuh)?  It's my love for the Prophet (pbuh) that has made me quit the hadith. The Quran has helped me to grasp the Prophet's exemplary character too well, added with the guidance of Allah, it's just too easy to perceive that the bulk of traditionalism is forgery.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: