Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 12:34:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Start of life on earth - outcome of human disobedience

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Start of life on earth - outcome of human disobedience  (Read 438 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:46:39 am »

BismEm

SURAH 20: 'TA HA'

"And when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, they fell prostrate (all) save Iblis; he refused."  (Verse 116)

"Therefor We said: O Adam! This is an enemy unto you and unto your wife, so let him not drive you both out of the Garden so that you come to toil."   (Verse 117)

"It is (vouchsafed) unto you that you hunger not therein nor are naked,"   (Verse 118)

"And you thirst not therein nor are exposed to the sun's heat."  (Verse 119)

"But the Devil whispered to him, saying: O Adam! Shall I show you the tree of immortality and power that wastes not away?"   (Verse 120)

"Then they twain ate thereof, so that their shame became apparent unto them, and they began to hide by heaping on themselves some of the leaves of the Garden. And Adam disobeyed his Lord, so went astray."  (Verse 121)

"Then his Lord chose him, and relented toward him, and guided him."   (Verse 122)

"He said: Go down hence, both of you, one of you a foe unto the other. But if there come unto you from Me a guidance, then whoso follows My guidance, he will not go astray nor come to grief."  (Verse 123)

"But he who turns away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection."   (Verse 124)

-------------

Points to reflect upon from the above verses 116 to 124 of Surah 'Ta Ha.'

-  Creation of earth was apparently before (or, probably much before) Adam and Eve were sent to earth by Allah.  I say this because, by reading verse 20:123, it obviously seems that earth was an abode already in existence.

-  Though Allah forgave them, the status of Adam and Eve was downgraded by being sent to live on earth as mortals, disrupting their permanent and serene lives amidst the beauty of Paradise - an outcome of their own sins by allowing themselves to fall into Satan's temptation.  Therefore, the start of human life on earth was also a result of the start of human disobedience toward Allah Almighty.

-  No wonder so many of us feel unhappy and disillusioned on earth.  It feels like a place filled with stress and lacking in justice.  Our struggles in life are a reminder that a single mistake made by a predecessor (or predecessors) can have very far-reaching consequences.  This is a lesson that highlights how important it is for every individual to shoulder their responsibilities with total obedience to Allah.  Only if Adam and Eve had had a stronger character and rejected the harmful suggestions of Satan, perhaps the rest of the human race would have been saved from the toil, pain and distress of this earthly world.  Only Allah knows best.

-  While Adam and Eve lived in bliss in Paradise, their lives on earth was a test  and it continues to be the same with all of their descendents.  This has been elucidated in Verse 20:123 where Allah says "one of you a foe unto the other. But if there come unto you from Me a guidance, then whoso follows My guidance, he will not go astray nor come to grief."   This indicates that unlike Paradise, earth is a place with ups & downs where one can waver, unless one follows Allah's guidance which will be available for humans to follow, if they desire to do so, and only then will they be led aright.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 05:48:37 am »

What a great piece of reminder.   Alhumdulilah ya Rab.    So actually, earthly life was meant to be a punishment for Prophet Adam and his wife for their disobedience to The Almighty.  No wonder earthly life is so full of hurdles, obstacles, trials and tribulations, emotional pain, poverty, failing health, old age frailty etc.  We are thus fortunate that it's temporary.  Yet today, look at the abundance of love which humans harbor for life in this temporary world.  They are dismissive of the Hereafter, many don't believe in it at all and any mention of death is categorized as "depressive talk."  Skepticism has brought them so low that a place of punishment is adorned as an ultimate goal.

May The Almighty protect us from such gross misguidance.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:46:48 am »

.. So actually, earthly life was meant to be a punishment for Prophet Adam and his wife for their disobedience to The Almighty.  .....

Exactly brother.   Just imagine, something that Allah Almighty granted to Adam and his wife that demoted their status for their disobedience, and therefore being given duniya in exchange for Jannah (what a difference!), and it's duniya which the largest horde of earthly dwellers at present times are raving after.  That's how much lack of iman can mislead the human mind.

You expression "earthly life punishment for Prophet Adam and his wife" reminds me of a 13-year-old kid at our community center.  This little guy seems to be really working hard for the betterment of his soul from a very young age.  Mash'Allah.  He appears quite a bit ahead of his parents who may sometimes eat non-Halal chicken from KFC or a big Mac from MacDonalds.  Whenever that happens, they say their young son only eats french fries and salad, he won't eat any meat product if it's not Halal no matter how hungry.   Last Ramadan during a lecture session at our neighborhood community center attached to our masjid, this kid spoke the same, telling his mom, "umi, we love duniya, and it was given by Allah as a place of toil to Adam and his spouse in lieu of the bliss they formerly enjoyed in Jannah."   Many grown up folks turned around looking at him in surprise cause he seemed to carry far more wisdom than them at one-third their age, or less  Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 12:55:37 am »

SubhanAllah very heartening bit to learn.   His parents must be very proud of him .. but not too proud of themselves  Grin     That's called the Guidance of Allah.  HE grants it to whoever is trying hard to acquire it.  Age, university diplomas, race, color, language, social/official status have nothing to do with the real Education that enables humans to acquire genuine humanity.   

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 12:58:53 am »

SubhanAllah very heartening bit to learn.   His parents must be very proud of him .. but not too proud of themselves  Grin   

Grin Cheesy Grin   you're right.   

That's called the Guidance of Allah.  HE grants it to whoever is trying hard to acquire it.  Age, university diplomas, race, color, language, social/official status have nothing to do with the real Education that enables humans to acquire genuine humanity.    

Undoubtedly YES!   Alhumdulilah.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 01:14:22 am »

That's a very young boy with a very, very illuminated mind.   Praise be to The Almighty!!    Wow!   I pray and hope his parents are able to learn from him and never be dismissive of the guidance given to him by Allah Almighty. 

This is one fortunate family.  There are some quite the opposite where parents, afraid to lose the love of their misguided children - who have assimilated thoroughly into secularism - give up their guidance and thrust themselves into secular ideas to please their children.   Strange as it may sound, it's happening in many Muslim families  .. or should I say so-called Muslim families.  I think Sister Heba had also mentioned this point some time earlier.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 01:36:45 am »

.....  There are some quite the opposite where parents, afraid to lose the love of their misguided children - who have assimilated thoroughly into secularism - give up their guidance and thrust themselves into secular ideas to please their children.   Strange as it may sound, it's happening in many Muslim families  .. or should I say so-called Muslim families.  I think Sister Heba had also mentioned this point some time earlier.

Yeah sis  Sad   unfortunately that is rampant.  We know several Muslim families where lonely and elderly parents living in the west would go to any lengths to oblige their secular minded and largely culture-assimilated adult children.   Once my husband and I visited an elderly couple (my husband's parents' friends).   We were chatting and then it was Maghrib time.  All of us already had our wudu, so we began getting ready to offer our Maghrib salah.  Just at that moment there was a knock at the door.  The mom answered the door and their middle aged son came to visit them with his teenage daughter (neither of them could care being a Muslim nor could they care about intruding in the lives of those who did care).   The poor old parents looked confused and a bit hesitant.  They told my husband and me to go ahead and offer our salah, taking us into a spare room, adding that they would offer their Maghrib as soon as we finished.  We finished and joined them in the living room.  But the elderly couple never offered their Maghrib prayer and continued chatting with the son and granddaughter.  I felt very sorry for the couple.  They are good folks and at heart they do love Allah.  But their children and their families are arrogant and opinionated.   Apparently the old couple didn't want to take any risks of an attitudinal judgement or backlash from their adult children.    Really regrettable, ha?  I mean, it's the children's state of mind that's lamentable  Sad   and also annoying   Angry 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 01:40:21 am »

Poor old parents  Sad    It can feel hell on earth to be stuck in such a predicament.  The arrogant children will have to bear the responsibility in the Hereafter.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 01:43:46 am »

Indeed a very woeful situation indeed.  Shocking adult children.

Could it be that the old parents really forgot to offer salah while engrossed in conversations?
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 01:53:20 am »

Could it be that the old parents really forgot to offer salah while engrossed in conversations?

lol, nah brother.  They didn't forget.  When we returned to the living room, my husband told them that we've finished our salah and they could now go to offer it for time was running out.  They said 'yes,'  then went to bring some snacks from the kitchen .... and then resumed chatting.   Like I said, they are very simple and spiritual at heart, very conscious of Allah.   But they are very timid before their children in the midst of all this loneliness in the west.  Knowing their children's mentality, they didn't want the son and his daughter to watch them offer salah.  They were afraid that the son might think the parents aren't his type and might not show up for a visit for another 6 months or longer.  Some buggers have such attitude issues. 

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 01:56:14 am »

Very heart wrenching story and to know that such situations aren't rare makes it just so tragic   Sad Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: