Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post titled "Zainab's Lounge"). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
December 15, 2019, 08:41:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Leila-tul-Qadr

+-
Shoutbox
May 30, 2019, 06:15:49 am Zeynab: Alhudulilah, yes sister Ruhi.  Time flies in this fleeting world.  May Allah The Almighty accept our hard work in the permanent world.  That's the real success.
May 30, 2019, 03:43:58 am Ruhi_Rose: Jumaa-tul-widaa (farewell to Ramadan) tomorrow Friday 31.  How time flies!  Ya Allah, keep us close to Your mercy.
March 16, 2019, 02:21:19 am N. Truth Seeker: We at MV express our deepest sympathy for our sisters & brothers who became victims of terror attacks while offering their Jumma prayers in the Masjids in NZ.
Our post in this regard @ Zainab's Lounge.
October 09, 2018, 09:50:31 pm Ruhi_Rose: Salam brother.  Very easy. First click on the board title you wish to post in.  You'll find main board topics below and sub-boards (default label "child boards") above.  If you wish to post in main board click "new topic" button on top left.  If you wish to post in any of the sub-boards, click on that sub board title and then click "new topic" button on above left side.  You'll get the format for typing your post, then click "post" button below.
October 06, 2018, 12:46:27 pm momin: how can i post things here if i have something to post. Smiley
 Smiley
September 14, 2018, 12:33:22 am Ruhi_Rose: Yes br. TS, that's a very important article to read.
September 14, 2018, 12:08:22 am N. Truth Seeker: Thank u.  Allah bless u for remembering, sister.   Also reminding our guests to read: The traditional declaration of fasting on the 10th of Muharram .... the real story behind it. Same article in the blog too.
September 13, 2018, 11:09:22 pm Zeynab: Muharram 1440 A.H.
Please read why our Islamic new year is full of tragic memories.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Leila-tul-Qadr  (Read 3150 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 07:01:16 am »

Ameen, ameen, ameen ya RAB. 

Whoever fails to acquire the acceptance of Allah, those folks have ruined their souls with their own hands.  How unfortunate!

Ya Allah, please save us from the doom.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2019, 07:52:47 am »

Ameen, ameen.   May The Almighty grant us maximum guidance. 

Speaking of Leilatul Qadr, and considering that a new day as per the Noble Quran begins at the crack of dawn (Fajr) when the slightest and earliest glimmer of light appears in the atmosphere, shouldn't the official observance of Leilatul Qadr start on the night of 27th Ramadan after Isha instead of night of 26th?  I mean, as our jurists practice at present, observance of the Night of Qadr starts soon after midnight of Ramadan 26, presuming that Ramadan 27th has begun because they are mixing up the clock calculation with the actual calculation of a new day starting from Fajr.   In reality, Ramadan 26 continues after midnight and ends at the start of Fajr which is Ramadan 27  .... and past midnight of Ramadan 27 is NOT Ramadan 28th, it's still Ramadan 27 until the start of Fajr.

Do you folks get my point?

Related post:
When does a new day start as per the Quran?

Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2019, 08:26:35 am »

I totally understand your point brother.  Correctly and logically, the new day of every month starts from the earliest moment of Fajr and ends at the following Fajr.   Therefore, 27 Ramadan begins from Fajr of 27.  After 12.00 p.m. (clock calculation) it's still 27th until the start of Fajr (dawn).  As you rightly said, our jurists are implementing the earthly clock calculation;  consequently, what they consider to be the start of Ramadan 27 is actually the continuation of late night 26.

Concerning Leilatul Qadr, the point is that observation of this Night on that particular calendar date is for the purpose of unanimity.  Since Allah Almighty has not disclosed the exact date of the Night of Qadr, we must put in additional prayers and Quran-reading on all 30 days of Ramadan and if we wish, we can pick a certain day of that month for the longest stretch of ibadah and dedicate it to the Night of Qadr.   So, even if the jurists are actually observing the Night of Qadr on the 26, it really doesn't matter from the perspective I mentioned.  But you perceived it spot on.  Past midnight of any day is not the start of a new day as per the Noble Quran.  Every new day starts at Fajr and Ramadan 27 starts from Fajr, not midnight.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2019, 08:31:06 am »

Exactly sister.  This is what I meant. 

Thank you for confirming my query.    Allah bless.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2019, 06:32:58 pm »

Salams dear sisters and brothers.   Ramadan 27, 2019 as today ....... I hope all of you got enough time to stay up last night to pour your heart out before The Almighty.  We certainly did.   As the blessed month gradually draws to an end, May HE accept our fasts, salat and supplications throughout the month.  May HE also accept the one night we especially pick and dedicate to the Night of Qadr (the specific day when the contents of the Noble Book began coming to us).   Yes, we don't know exactly which night of Ramadan that is.  Only HE knows. 

It feels a bit sad when this blessed months begins to end.  No matter how hard we work to earn HIS pleasure, it always feels we haven't done enough.  Nor can we be sure whether or not we will have the privilege to stay around and experience the blessed month again the following year to earn more blessings. 

Brother TS, I do get your point.   My husband and I have also long thought of this aspect.  Our clerical authorities have mixed up the clock-rules of a.m. and p.m. with the real time during which the earth rotates and revolves, and it's this real time we need to focus on for deciding the start of a new day. 

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 05:58:47 am »

Subhan'Allah, yes sister.  Pouring our hearts out before Allah and talking to Him was truly elating for all of us too.  By the mercy of Allah, it was a great Night.  And indeed it's depressing when the blessed month comes to an end. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: