Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 08:38:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Paradise lies under the feet of your mother" - Beware, FALSE HADITH

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Paradise lies under the feet of your mother" - Beware, FALSE HADITH  (Read 22187 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:58:13 am »

"Verily, Heaven lies under the feet of our mother."  

According to Dr. Muzzamal Siddiqui and many other Muslim scholars, the above mentioned hadith is supposed to be "sahih" which is contained in several collections.  Yet, for some reason, the precise source (or sources) is never quoted.  This is the first enigma about this narration.  Furthermore, Ibn Majah adds another similar hadith to it which says “Be at your mother’s feet and there is the Paradise.” (Ibn Majah, Sunan, Hadith no. 2771).  

Dr. Siddiqui further states that "the meaning of this Hadith is that you should serve your mother and take good care of her. Obey her as long as she does not tell you to do something haram.  It does not make any difference whether the mother is Muslim or non-Muslim. It is the duty of the children to be respectful to their parents, especially mothers."   Okay fine.  But we cannot let matters rest here.  This hadith is much too suspicious and it needs a thorough investigation, not through isnad but with direct references to the Noble Quran and our common sense which Allah has bestowed on us.

To begin with, the Hadith institution is plagued with contradictions.  The moment you search for this Hadith, you'll find some claiming it's 'sahih' as Dr. Muzzamal Siddiqui did, and some denouncing it as weak or Da'eef.   One of the sources that considers it weak is probably Sayuti.  This disagreement between scholars only adds to the confusion.

Now let's check what the Glorious Quran says about parents.

"Your Lord has decreed, that you worship none save Him, and (that you show) kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them to attain old age with you, say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word."  17:23  Surah Al-Isra

"And We have enjoined upon man concerning his parents--His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years--Give thanks unto Me and unto your parents. Unto Me is the journeying.
But if they strive with you to make you ascribe unto Me as partner that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Consort with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who repents unto Me. Then unto Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do--"  31:14-15  Surah Luqman

Thus, the Quranic view on parents is very clear. 

The Quran emphasises greatly upon loving, caring and respecting both parents equally.  They are to be disobeyed only if they tell you to do something which is confirmed as 'Haram' in the Quran.  In that case they are to be disobeyed, but politely.

First Fallacy of this hadith under discussion -    Truth is easy to find if we reflect for a moment on the Noble Quran and the beloved Prophet (SAAW) himself.  We know that Paradise is a place held in very high esteem in the Quran.  Paradise is a place which is the ultimate abode of the faithful slaves of Allah.  We think and speak about Paradise with awe, desire and the greatest of respect.  And surely no one had greater respect for Allah and the principles of the Quran than Prophet Muhammad (SAAW).  To refer to Paradise, which is such a great privilege for believers, as being beneath someone's feet is offensively discourteous and harsh .. something which definitely amounts to blasphemy.  Only people like Abu Huraira, Abu Darda etc. or the Hadith compilers themselves were capable of mocking the Noble Quran and our  Prophet (SAAW) with this sort of rude and baseless talk.

Second fallacy of this hadith - The Noble Quran mentions throughout to love & respect both parents, mother and father, equally.  The Quran gives no reason to presume that one parent is a lot more precious than the other, to the extent that even Paradise can be metaphorically placed under the feet of that parent.

Third fallacy of this hadith - A mother is a human being.  Therefore, like any other human being, she could be a debauch or a disbeliever or she could be pious.  The debauched or disbelieving mother will have to face Retribution because of her ill conduct, while the pious one will be rewarded.  That's because Divine Justice is perfect and Allah does not treat the unrighteous in the same manner as the righteous.  This aspect has also been very clearly articulated throughout the Noble Quran.

In summary - We are to love, respect and care for our parents very deeply.  We are to disobey them only if they tell us to commit shirk or to disobey Allah.   Being rewarded with Paradise is the ultimate and supreme triumph for every believer.  It's a place of unprecedented beauty,peace and comfort.  The last thing which any sincere believer would think of would be to talk so rudely about Paradise as putting it beneath someone's feet .. mother or whoever.  AstaghfarAllah.  According to the principles of the Noble Quran, this hadith under discussion is completely false, impertinent and senseless!  It evidently comes into the category of those 99.9% narrations which are nonsensical lies. The beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAAW) would have been shocked and upset if he learned of such an outrageous quote being falsely attributed to him.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:20:21 am »

This is that "if somene punches u on the face then turn the other cheek" kind of nonsence which is a popular Christian 'hadith.' 

I once read in a discussion board where someone said that according to hadith a mother is guaranteed Paradise if her 3 minor chidlren die before her.  But the Quran gives us no reason to presume such a thing.  Then, the same person also said in that post that if a woman's child memorizes the Quran, then she will automatically go to Paradise.  Again, this totally contradicts the Quran.  Obviously the Hadith writers had never read the Quran so they were unaware of how much their writings clashed with Quranic values.  The Noble Quran has made it ample clear that every soul is responsible for its own deeds. Neither parents nor their children will bear each others' load on the Day of Judgment.  There's a verse in the Quran which I love and it says "He who groweth (in goodness), groweth only for himself, (he cannot by his merit redeem others)." This verse is enough as a Criterion to discard such ideas of the human mind.

Actually, hadith is pretty supportive about discriminating between parents.  There's another hadith (from Bukhari) in which a man asked the Prophet (SAAW) three times whom we should respect most and the Prophet  replied "your mother."  When the man asked the same question a fourth time, the reply was "your father."  The ulemas and imams interpret it as loving your mother 300 times more than the father.  Definitely we know this is 'Mr.' Bukhari's brainchild.  The Prophet (SAAW) never uttered such stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:47:02 am »

This is that "if somene punches u on the face then turn the other cheek" kind of nonsence which is a popular Christian 'hadith.' 

Absolutely, that's another empty rhetoric .... turning the other cheek.  and becoz it's such an impractical quote, those who preach it are the ones who practice it least.

I once read in a discussion board where someone said that according to hadith a mother is guaranteed Paradise if her 3 minor chidlren die before her. 

It's amazing how people get carried away by emotions and talk such nonsense.

Then, the same person also said in that post that if a woman's child memorizes the Quran, then she will automatically go to Paradise.   

Presuming that the parents are pious, if they encourage and help their child to learn the Quran, it's very likely they will be earning the blessings of Allah, and so will the child.  But to blindly suggest that whichever child memorizes the Quran, their mother will go to Paradise is something we don't have the authority to say because it might not be true in all cases.

There's a verse in the Quran which I love and it says "He who groweth (in goodness), groweth only for himself, (he cannot by his merit redeem others)." This verse is enough as a Criterion to discard such ideas of the human mind.

Very true .. and I too adore this verse.

Actually, hadith is pretty supportive about discriminating between parents.  There's another hadith (from Bukhari) in which a man asked the Prophet (SAAW) three times whom we should respect most and the Prophet  replied "your mother."  When the man asked the same question a fourth time, the reply was "your father."  The ulemas and imams interpret it as loving your mother 300 times more than the father.  Definitely we know this is 'Mr.' Bukhari's brainchild.  The Prophet (SAAW) never uttered such stuff.

yeah, I've also heard of this hadith and similar interpretation of it.  Of course I never focus on such unreliable stuff .. lies rather.

May Allah protect us from falsehoods.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:16:22 am »

Thank u sister Zeynab.  A very important exposure of the truth.  This false hadith is so commonly quoted every now and then.  It's so obviously lopsided and clearly disrespectful to Paradise (Allah's most beautiful gift for believers) that my mom, whom I love very dearly (just as I love my dad) absolutely dislikes this hadith and forbade us to listen to such nonsense since we were kids.

Definitely we know this is 'Mr.' Bukhari's brainchild.  The Prophet (SAAW) never uttered such stuff.

That's correct sister Heba.  As I understand, it ensues from Bukhari's personal situation.  If you read some of the detailed biographies of Bukhari, he was supposed to have been very close to his mother.  That's fine.  There are some folks close to their mothers, some close to their fathers, some close to both .. but this shouldn't be made a reason to make one's own rules, certainly not using  Paradise by making light of it to emphasize one's point.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 02:23:36 am »

Right brother PT.  I too read that his father died when he was an infant and he was brought up by his mother. In fact, his biography also says that when he went to Arabia at a very young age to collect hadith (in other words, in his journey to distort Islam), his mother accompanied him.  This hadith obviously mirrors his personal feelings.  I'm sure when he wrote this hadith, he had not even read the Quran.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »

It's so obviously lopsided and clearly disrespectful to Paradise (Allah's most beautiful gift for believers) that my mom, whom I love very dearly (just as I love my dad) absolutely dislikes this hadith and forbade us to listen to such nonsense since we were kids.

MashAllah, may Allah bless your mother.  I quite understand.  No parent who truly loves Allah would ever want their children to think this way.
Report Spam   Logged

iwan rse

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 11:57:41 pm »

wow...this hadith is VERY popular in my nation.... it often recited when parent have disagreement with their son....
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 12:19:08 am »

But I'm afraid it's not authentic.  It carries a rude analogy.  Paradise is Allah's greatest Gift for His believing slaves.   How can any statement be called wise & eloquent if it involves the gesture of putting that Gift below the feet of a human being? 

We all love our mothers deeply.  But after all, mothers too are humans.  We have all read the Quran where Allah tells us to love and be kind to parents.  But there are NO such theatrical expressions of putting Paradise under the feet of the mother nor the father.  Such stuff from Hadith writers is downright rude toward Allah.

There is also a Hadith which says we must love our mother 300 times more than our father.  This is also totally false.   The Noble Quran has made is crystal clear that both parents must be loved equally without discrimination.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 12:22:35 am »

Actually the truth of the matter was that Bukhari was an orphan.  His father was supposed to have died when he was very young and he was brought up by his mother to whom he was very attached.  That's why all his hadiths, and also the hadiths compiled by his student, Muslim bin Hajaj, only emphasize on loving the mother.  It's all an outcome of his personal feelings.  The Prophet (s) never said such things.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 10:54:47 am »

His every Hadith against his own Hadith readers should notice  the changes of his statements !! paradise lies under the shade of sword ? paradise lies under the feets of mother ?? majority of womens will be in hell ??

This Hadith is Really bad one and very pupolar amongst Muslim all humans are equel men and women ,father and mother no diffrence in their status .And what if mother is not a good believer ? And the child is good believer ? But mother is not happy with child  ? Believing child son/daughter will not enter in paradise ? and women who's suffering with infertility, Have no child ? Means she is lower in status then the women who have child and bukhri put the paradise under her feets ??? Paradise is the most precious reward of any believer ,paradise mean the success of believer , salvation ,forgiveness of Allah this reward can't be supposed to under the feet of any human whether its  mothers ( a human )..  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »

and women who's suffering with infertility, Have no child ? Means she is lower in status then the women who have child and bukhri put the paradise under her feets ??? Paradise is the most precious reward of any believer ,paradise mean the success of believer , salvation ,forgiveness of Allah this reward can't be supposed to under the feet of any human whether its  mothers ( a human )..  Angry  

Exactly sister.  Very good point.  What about those who don't have children?  Definitely this hadith is also a clear insinuation discriminating those who are childless - either infertile or unmarried.  

all humans are equel men and women ,father and mother no diffrence in their status

Very true, just as men and women are equal, similarly father and mother are equal.  There is no verse in the Quran that tells us to love one parent more than another.  There might be individual or personal cases in families where one parent is not good so the children are more attached to the other parent, which can be either mother or father.  But that's a different matter.  As a standard norm in all normal circumstances, the Quran clearly expresses equal love for both parents.  Yet also Bukhari says in another Hadith to love mother 300 times more than the father.  On the Day of Judgment he will have to answer to Allah why he indulged in such guesswork and misguided people.

paradise lies under the shade of sword ?

Such false hadiths insinuating violence were mostly written during the early rule of the Ommayad dynasty which was full of intrigues, and the Ommayads, who were very unpopular could only rule with the force of the sword.  The early Ommayad rulers were very friendly with people like Abu Huraira etc.  who had free access to their palaces where they scribbled numerous political hadiths to suit the interest of these corrupt leaders whose ancestors were the enemies of the Prophet (sw).  

paradise lies under the feets of mother ?? majority of womens will be in hell ??

Again, very intelligently pointed out, sister Muslima. MashAllah. You are right, there is also a hadith which says majority of the dwellers of Hell will be women, who, according to this hadith narrator, must have also included women who are mothers.  So, the question is, how can a woman who goes to Hell have Paradise 'under her feet' ??   As usual, Hadiths are wrong and they also contradict one another.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:55 pm »

thank u sis .yup bukhari a human full of errors we can easily see that many of his sayings mistreated, disrespected women, causes violence totally against the Quran message .
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 09:42:15 am »

Recently I found the source of this forgery which I already mentioned in the post on Abu Darda's forgery regarding on "father, door of Jannah" in reply to Sister Heba's comment.

I quote myself as below:

Quote:

It was narrated, I mean, forged, by some completely unknown "sahabah" named Muawiyah bin Jahima al Sulami.  There is no information about him anywhere no matter how much you try to find it.  This hadith is supposed to be in the collections of Musnad of Ahmed bin Hanbal, Nasai and Ahmed.  Imam Ahmad Hanbal, the 8th/9th century Arab jurist, who founded the Hanbali school or madhab.

Even though no one knows who the heck Muawiyah bin Jahima al Sulami was, yet the late Sheikh Shuaib Arnaut (an Albanian Hadith expert who died in 2016) gave his 'verdict' as a "verifier" approving the isnad (chain of transmission of this forgery).

Narrated by Muawiyah bin Jahima al-Sulami and reported by Imam ibn Hanbal. The hadith relates how al-Sulami went to the Prophet Muhammad and said, "O messenger of Allah, I desire to go on the military expedition and I have come to consult you." The Prophet responded by asking, "Do you have a mother?" Al-Sulami replied, "Yes." The Prophet told him, "Stay with her, because paradise lies beneath her feet."  (Musnad of Ahmad bin Hanbal, Ahmed and Nasai).

The rude one about Paradise under mom's feet sprouts from Abu Huraira's big lie attributing to the Prophet (pbuh) that he (pbuh) said to love mother 300 times more than the father.

Here's how the hadith goes:

Abu Huraira reported: A man asked the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, “Who is most deserving of my good company?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man asked, “Then who?” The Prophet said “Your mother.” The man asked again, “Then who?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man asked again, “Then who?” The Prophet said, “Your father.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5626, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2548.

The utterance of mother thrice and father once is supposed to be taken as loving mother 300 times more.

First off, it's a forgery and that too so badly constructed.

Unquote:

I would like to add, that I first thought Abu Huraria's hadith of "loving mother 300 times more" sprouted from the Al Sulami's hadith of "Jannah under mother's feet.   But after doing some more research, I suppose it might be the other way round.  But that doesn't make any difference.  Both are forgeries.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 06:42:54 pm »

Big thanks for adding that last bit, brother.    That was some information for me.   I didn't know it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: