Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 09:09:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Does the Quran refer to the story of David and "Bathsheba?"

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Quran refer to the story of David and "Bathsheba?"  (Read 18137 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 03:50:31 am »

Right, thanks br. ts. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:19 am »

It's also a matter of common sense to think about.  Were all women in the Jewish society so gutless as the so-called "Bathsheba?"  Being a married woman, she is supposed to have willing come to meet another man, given herself up to him and then been a silent spectator.  Didn't she have any will of her own to speak up expressing her own wishes or opinion even a bit?  If her husband as a common soldier was not in a position to refuse, she, as a woman was in a different position and was entitled to guard her self respect and say "no."  But obviously according to the bible story-writers, this fictitious character couldn't give a damn about her self respect.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 04:25:32 am »

Well yes, that question arises right away.  The obvious reason why the Torah story writers turned this woman into a silent spectator was because their intention was to target Prophet David.  They wanted him to look tyrannical, as if he was making all decsions himself and treating others as inanimate objects.  If the story tellers portrayed the woman as someone standing up for herself, they wouldn't be able to drag the story too far.

Such defamation schemes against Prophets is nothing unusual by Jews and Christians.  They also tried to defame Prophet Muhammad (SAW) the same way by distorting his marriage with Zainab bint Jahsh.   But their lie got exposed because they were not well acquainted with Islamic history and they didn't know that Zainab was the Prophet's first cousin.  It was the Prophet who had arranged his cousin's marriage with his adopted son, Zaid, and the Prophet married Zainab long after Zaid divorced her because Zainab & Zaid were mutually incompatible.  Instead, the non-Muslims went about propagating a lie that Zaid married a lady called Zainab and the Prophet met her through Zaid.  Can anything be a bigger falsehood than this? 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 04:54:02 am »

hummmm,, right.  They know nothing of Islamic history.  And to trace the origin of the lies propagated about Zainab's marriage, it comes from the way it has been misinterpreted by the so-called imams of old and subsequently the non-Muslims were too happy to circulate it.  The main culprits who viciously twisted the event of Zainab's marriage to the Prophet was Ibn Sa'ad (died 230 AH or 845 AD) and the noted villian, Tabari the parsi, ((died 310 AH or 922 AD).  It was Ibn Sa'ad and Tabari who wanted to spread the story that the Prophet married Zainab because of her beauty.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  You are very correct brother persian, this was much on the same pattern as the defamation of Prophet David. 

Moreover, this also reminds me, Prophet David's son, Prophet Solomon, was also not spared from being maligned with utter lies by the People of the Scripture.  The sort of gossips spread against Solomon was no less ridiculous than the tales of Arabian Nights or Aesop's Fables.   First of all, Prophet Solomon is indirectly belittled by being turned into an offspring of a marriage talked about so disrespectfully in the biblical imaginative tales.  Secondly, these stories of the People of the Book allege that Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.   lol .. they can't even lie smartly.   
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 05:22:19 am »

Yes, Prophet Solomon has also been insulted by ludicrous tales that are humanly impossible.   The People of the Book apparently wanted to change their Scripture into some type of tabloid, the gossips of which would serve as pastime reading.   Allah Almighty is sufficient to deal with them on the Day of Judgment.

@ sister Heba .. who is Ibn Sa'ad?  I know about Tabari the parsi, he is an old crook.  He's done plenty of shaitani.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 05:35:03 am »

Ibn Sa'ad al-Baghdadi is termed as a "sunni scholar and writer" who was from Basra but lived in Baghdad.  He is said to have taken his training from the writings of Omar Ibn Waqid al-Aslami (commonly known as al-Waqidi who was supposed to be a historian died in 207 AH).  Ibn Sa'ad is mainly recognized by his book Kitab Tabaqat Al-Kubra written in Arabic which is in 8 volumes and said to contain information about the life of the Prophet (SAW) and "sahabahs" and the descendents of the "sahabahs."  So you can imagine the quantum of lies Ibn Sa'ad must have dumped in those 8 volumes!  A compendium of falsehoods.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 05:43:07 am »

LOL .. thanks for this info sister.  yeah, I can imagine.  It must be a compendium of lies, pages after pages!
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

salamem

Thank u for give me a chance to keep learning jazak Allah kahir !

Shocked Shocked

Astaghfirullah !! prophet commit adultery and murder,.

Mashallah guys very well spotted  !! why did Bathsheeba bath in an open space ? Doesn't she had any sense of shame and  privacy ? This wicked story could be applicable for a lewd shameless vulgar street men not for a prophet . King David.He was King and Messengers too . He was NOT Common men who looking for women or fall in love with her while she bathing . Prophets and messengers were the best examples to mankind and were protected by God Almighty,prophet can never commit adultery And in the case of Prophet David/dauwd as Quran mention yes it was error of desire but As soon as he realized his mikstake ,he gave up his desire immediately, he fell down prostrate, repented and reversed his decision the thing was forgotten .There is no need to expand the issue about any prophet without any authenticity that's the straight rule of Noble Quran.and that 's it. We have no permission to discuss personal life of any prophet

On the other hand If i am not wrong story of prophet dauwd/David carry important simple lessons for believers and every leader  .That if we follow our desires mostly it make us fall in to error ,earthly life desires  can make us blank to see the difference between right or wrong ,justice and injustice.so pious people ,believers have nothing to do with earthly desires just need to work to fulfill the necessities of life in the obedience of Allah . And  second Do Not ever miss use ur status in any affair.

am i right ??

Q: Btw what happen to zabur ? does zabur still exist ?  i know in original all 3 books no longer exists but it there any copy of zabur like altered bible  ??

Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »

Walikum Salaam.  You are right sister.  The way the bible writers have defamed the Prophet of Allah is an absolute violation.  Daud / David was a Prophet and they are discussing about him as if he was an ordinary person from the streets.  Moroever, there is no evidence if Bathsheba was a real person.  Only Allah knows best.  But it's very likely that this name "Bathsheba" has been concocted by the bible writers.  The Noble Quran refers that Prophet David desired someone but then he realized his mistake and repented asking forgiveness of Allah .. and Allah forgave him.  Therefore definitely the real story was very different from what the bible writers claim. 

Yes the Psalms or Zabur is there.  But of course it's not original at all.  It's supposed to be a book of songs (hymns) praising God consisting of about 150 or so hymns.  Zabur is a Hebrew book of the Jews but I think the Christians also sing hymns from the Psalms (Zabur) while playing the choir during their church services.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 05:53:38 am »

Yes the Psalms or Zabur is there.  But of course it's not original at all.  It's supposed to be a book of songs (hymns) praising God consisting of about 150 or so hymns.  Zabur is a Hebrew book of the Jews but I think the Christians also sing hymns from the Psalms (Zabur) while playing the choir during their church services.

oh hmm  okay thanks for the answer sis  Smiley

bothering you again !!

Q:  It's been long time I came to know the story of prophet ibrahim's wife Sarah and cruel king of egypt it's very well known story . Almost the similar story i have read in book reference  .Stories of the Prophets - Written by Al-Imam ibn Kathir    ?? He quote abu huraira 's  hadith  .It's quite famous book I have briefly look but it put me in doubt  Huh .It also carry Much information about other prophet's ...it's Disappointing   .  Do u have any idea about the book ?
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 03:29:46 pm »

Q:  It's been long time I came to know the story of prophet ibrahim's wife Sarah and cruel king of egypt it's very well known story . Almost the similar story i have read in book reference  .Stories of the Prophets - Written by Al-Imam ibn Kathir    ?? He quote abu huraira 's  hadith  .It's quite famous book I have briefly look but it put me in doubt  Huh .It also carry Much information about other prophet's ...it's Disappointing   .  Do u have any idea about the book ?

No sister, I haven't read that book.   I don't trust Ibn Kathir and his lot at all.  They have borrowed all of their information from the Hadith and altered Bibles.  Also I never trust their tafsirs .. they're all based on Hadith information, and of course they have written lots of nonsense.  

This bit about Prophet Abraham's wife, Sarah (or Sarai as stated in the altered Bibles) comes from the Bibles.  Ibn Kathir and several other so-called Muslim writers have taken it from there.   It's a long story as usual with no confirmations from the Quran.   Therefore I ignore that story.

However, for information I'll mention what the altered Bibles have stated in this regard:

Prophet Abraham, his wife Sarah and Prophet Lot were living in Canaan (ancient name of today's Gaza).  According to the altered Bibles, Lot is the nephew of Abraham.  But this is not confirmed in the Quran either.  By reading the Quran we know that Lot and Abraham were contemporaries (that is, they lived in the same period) and that Abraham and Lot knew each other but there's no mention of their family relationship.  The altered Bible then goes on to say that there was a famine in Canaan because of which Abraham, Sarah and Lot with their households traveled south to Egypt.  In Egypt the Pharaoh took Sarah into his palace as he concubine.  On the advise of Abraham, Sarah told the Pharaoh that Abraham was her brother, not husband, otherwise Pharaoh would try to kill Abraham in order to make Sarah a single woman.  The Bible also claims that most likely it was here that Hagar was given to Sarah as maidservant by Pharaoh.  Furthermore, the Bible states that after some time the epidemic of plague spread in Pharaoh's place, which apparently caused a lot of confusion, and during this time the Pharaoh also came to know that Abraham was Sarah's husband, not brother.  So, Pharaoh allowed Sarah to leave his palace, and ordered her and Abraham to leave Egypt. That's when Sarah was again united with her husband, Prophet Abraham.  But like I said, I don't trust any of these Biblical stories at all because nothing here is original.  It's okay to know about it so that we can catch the Hadith lies, but these aren't to be accepted.  I  fear Allah too much to accept these unconfirmed stories.  

Moreover, we have a post here on the personal life of Prophet Abraham which compares the information given in the Noble Quran with the stories contained in the altered Bibles.  The thread also discusses all the exaggerations on Prophet Abraham's personal life by the altered Bibles. You might like to go through that post & its thread whenever you get the time.  

The bible / hadith story of the personal life of Prophet Abraham  
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 06:22:06 am »

Hmmm  U are right sis !! his is not  at all trust worthy i have read piece of his tafsir work yesterday i don't know other's but my judgment of any translator or tafsir writer based on the explanation of most sensitive verse of Quran surah An-Niba  78:33 whoever distort this verse his entire work must be rejected and this credit goes to Imam ibn Kathir on first place to distorting of this verse... Angry

Shocked  This information killing me ..... Lips Sealed   Astaghfirullah !!

In Egypt the Pharaoh took Sarah into his palace as he concubine.  On the advise of Abraham, Sarah told the Pharaoh that Abraham was her brother, not husband, otherwise Pharaoh would try to kill Abraham in order to make Sarah a single woman

These bibalic groups sucks ,All are jerks , always disrespectful towards prophets and ulmas and scholars accepted such story makres as great imam , gross lies  are  acceptable as history it's a disaster so pathetic.. Angry Angry

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: