Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at our Guestbook otherwise their registrations will be DELETED. Approval of members is at the discretion of the team. MV is a place for humble learning through mutual consultation, not for narcissists nor belligerent disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
September 21, 2017, 05:22:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Imam Hussein - full length movie

+-
Shoutbox
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
September 12, 2016, 03:17:09 am N. Truth Seeker: Wa salam sisters. So kind of u to remember. Alhumdulilah that Allah gave us another chance to live thru the blessed month of Zil Hajj.  Was a busy time for all of my family.
September 11, 2016, 08:26:43 am Zeynab: Wa'salaam my dear Sis Heba Smiley  Yes, Alhumdulilah, the 10 days of this blessed month went well by the Grace & Mercy of Allah. I wish the same for all.
September 11, 2016, 02:20:02 am Heba E. Husseyn: Salam my dear MV team and other sis and bros.  I pray the first 10 days of the bless month of Zil Hajj has passed well for all.  Hajj culminates in about 2 days. InshAllah.
August 22, 2016, 09:50:39 pm Zeynab: Wa'salam.  Thanks brother Smiley  Sis Heba helped me a lot too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Imam Hussein - full length movie  (Read 7059 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:27:46 pm »

This movie on Imam Hussein is from the start of the battle of Karbala during the reign of the Ommayad ruler, Yazid.  The capital of the Ummah during the time of the Ommayad dynasty was Kufa, Iraq.

The movie is in Arabic with clear English sub-titles.  A very good screen presentation.  Worth watching.  It's approximately 2 hours long. 

--------------
THE LINKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AS THEY WEREN'T WORKING. 
---------------------

P.S.  PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE 5TH  POST TO SEE THE FULL LENGHT MOVIE.  THANKS FOLKS.
Report Spam   Logged

HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE ALLAH CAN
STAND BEFORE ANYONE.

Social Buttons

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:47:30 pm »

wow ,, I'm a history lover and this is my delight!  but it's start of dinner time and i'm gonna come back in exactly 2 hours and watch this 2 hr movie.  Thanks a ton br. PT ..... you couldn't have made a better choice.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:28:41 am »

Seen the movie.  I like it.  It's wonderfully presented. 

I am amused by the Sunni imams giving that 'caution' note at the start of Part 1/12.   That's because they support the debauch, Yazid.  Even if the movie may consist of a few inaccuracies here & there, it seems by & large correct according to history.  And it's certainly far more truthful than the culture of Hadiths.  I'm not into sectarianism and I consider myself to be a Muslimah, Alhumdulilah, neither Sunni nor Shiia .... from a neutral standpoint definitely I would say that Imam Hussein represented the righteous picture while Yazid was the person who sowed the seeds of corruption in the Ummah, the thorny bushes of which grew and grew and have made the Ummah into an ugly jungle of thorny trees today.

Those who aren't familiar with the historical incident of the Battle of Karbala, please check the following links.  It gives all necessary facts and also the different family trees of Imam Hussein and Yazid. 

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/sammy1/Karbala

The surviving women of Karbala
http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/history/the-women-of-karbala-keeping-imam-hussain-s-message-alive.html

For those who would like to read the origins of Shiia / Sunni split in Islamic history
http://www.islamfortoday.com/shia.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:55:04 am »

aw!  I was meaning to see it again but except for one part, all others have been removed by the user from the main site Sad

Let's try to get some other production of this movie.
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:14:23 am »

I AM NOW PUTTING A NEW LINK WHICH CONSISTS OF THE 1 HOUR AND 55 MINUTES MOVIE IN A SINGLE LINK AS FOLLOWS:

I hope this link isn't removed.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:11:07 am »

The tragedy of Karbala movie I posted was sent to me by my cousin.  But I think only its location has moved at youtube, because the one sister Zeynab posted is the same 12 Imam Hussein movie which I had posted. 

Report Spam   Logged

HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE ALLAH CAN
STAND BEFORE ANYONE.
Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 03:13:52 am »

aw!  thanks a million br. pt and sister zeynab.  and never mind if no english subtitles r available for the 12th part.  I'll follow the Arabic version.

Sister Zeynab, maybe it wud be better to remove the videos on altered links cause they r makin the thread unnecessarily long.
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 03:59:43 am »

@ br. pt .. u r right.  I noticed that too, it's the same.

And yeah, i'll remove the disfunctional links.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 07:18:20 pm »

Saw the whole movie.  Though as they announced at the beginning, several little details were perhaps dramatized, it was a wonderful movie and very nice presentation.  

May Allah Almighty grant the best spot in Paradise to beloved Hussein along with his grandfather, the beloved Prophet (SAW).  The movie was wonderful and sad.
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:06:35 pm »

Saw the full movie just now .. for the second time.  The first time was long ago and couldn't recall the details clearly.  Yes, while there are some historical inaccuracies and some parts have been dragged too much, it's otherwise a nice movie and good presentation.  The best part is that apart from the mention of Mahdi once, briefly, there is absolutely no hadith in it.  Only quotes from the Quran without the usual misinterpretations.  Since there is no hadith, hence the Quranic Veses were not misinterpreted to please hadith.  If only we could be rid of hadith similarly always. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 06:13:30 pm »

That's right Sister.  That's why I appreciated it.  The Quranic Verses were quoted and recited with independent interpretations taken from the understanding of the Noble Quran itself. 

Even if one makes a fiction moral story by mentioning that it's fiction (like many kids' stories), discarding all ahadith and only promoting the moral of the story by quoting the Quran would be far better than making a movie out of a fact but distorting it with hadith.
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 06:15:04 pm »

I absolutely get your point Sister Heba and couldn't agree more.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: