Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 05:17:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dua Al-Qunut

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dua Al-Qunut  (Read 20032 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:44:52 am »

BismEm

This is a dua from outside the Quran.  But it's a beautiful supplication fully in conformity with the Glorious Quran.  It is usually recited at the end of the 3 witr rakat offered during Isha prayer.  But you can recite at any time and as many times as you like.   Whether you want to read it in Arabic or English is your choice.  Also, no need to memorize it.  Start all duas by writing on the paper and reading from it.  This way you'll memorize your selected duas gradually.

Transliteration in Arabic:

Allahumma Inna Nasta Inuka Was Nas Tagfiruka,

Wa Nu'minu Bika Wa na Tawakkalu Alaika Wa Nuthni Alaikal Khair,

Wa na Shukruka Wa la na Kufuruka Wa Nakhla'u wa nat Ruku Many ya-Fjuruka,

Allahhumma Iyyaka Na'budu,

Wa Laka Nusalli Wa Nasjudu Wa Ilaika Nasa Wa Nahfidu Wa Narju

Rahmataka Wa Nakhsha Adhabaka Inna Adhabaka bil uffari Mulhiq.

Translation:

O Allah, we seek Your help and ask Your forgivness and we believe in You and trust in You.  We praise You in the best way and we thank You and we are not unrateful and we cast off and forsake him who disobeys You.  O Allah, You alone we worship and to You we pray and before You we prostrate, to You we turn in haste, and hope for Your mercy and fear Your punishment.  Your punishment overtakes the disbelievers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:41:03 am »

Yes, I too love this dua.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »

salamem

Really very beautiful dua i like it too and u make the choice very easy  viictery
''Whether you want to read it in Arabic or English is your choice. Also, no need to memorize it'' jazak Allah  Thumbsup

sister i want to ask Is dua al qunoot optional OR obligatory in witr prayers ?

Can we replace it ?? I`ve heared that one who has not learned or memorize it can recite

Quran surah Al- Baqarah 2:201

وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَقُولُ رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

And of them (also) is he who saith: "Our Lord! Give unto us in the world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and guard us from the doom of Fire."2:201

OR

surah Ibrahim 14:41

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast. 14:41

OR

Surah 112. Al-Ikhlaas.. 3x

According to hanafi ( Sunni) it's Obligatory / wajib
By reciting any other dua will fulfil the obligation, but one will be void of reward of sunnah ...

In the Shafi ( shia ) the dua al Qunoot is ( sunnah mustahab- not wajib) and it is not obligatory.

what's ur opinion ??
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 07:28:10 pm »

Walaikum Salaam dear sister Muslima.

salamem

sister i want to ask Is dua al qunoot optional OR obligatory in witr prayers ?

It is optional sister.  Actually, from what I know, there are 2 or 3 different dua-e-Qunut.  I picked this one because I liked it most after analyzing it as it is totally compatible with Quranic commandments and principles.  For the first 2 or 3 months I recited it in my Isha withr prayers by reading from the paper.  Then gradually it got memorized on its own.  And of course I've learned the translation too.  Since it's not a Quranic dua, it's okay even only to recite the translation, if one finds that easier.  

Can we replace it ?? I`ve heared that one who has not learned or memorize it can recite

Quran surah Al- Baqarah 2:201

وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَقُولُ رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

And of them (also) is he who saith: "Our Lord! Give unto us in the world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and guard us from the doom of Fire."2:201

OR

surah Ibrahim 14:41

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast. 14:41

OR

Surah 112. Al-Ikhlaas.. 3x

Yes definitely sister, you can replace it by all means.  And especially if you want to replace it with the original Quranic duas, there's no question of not allowing that.  Any verse from the Quran takes the very first priority for recitation at all times, be it during salaat or zikr or khutbahs or lectures.  

MashAllah, the Quranic prayers you've quoted are really wonderful ones.  I've learned V.14:41 by heart both Arabic and English translation.   I've memorized the English translation of V.2:201 and InshAllah intend to memorize the original Arabic soon.   I recite these verses as zikr every day at least twice.  And of course I recite Surah Ikhlas 3 times after salaat.  If you want to replace dua Qunut with any of these Quranic verses it would be great.  

According to hanafi ( Sunni) it's Obligatory / wajib
By reciting any other dua will fulfil the obligation, but one will be void of reward of sunnah ...

In the Shafi ( shia ) the dua al Qunoot is ( sunnah mustahab- not wajib) and it is not obligatory.

what's ur opinion ??

Hummm, well you know, to be honest I really don't dwell on such rules coming from these folks.  I mean .. it's a matter of one's common sense.  One simply needs to think.  Who gave the authority to these people to declare these gradings for duas and confirm which one gives more blessings than others or how the various duas should be grouped?  There are so many beautiful duas in the Quran.   Different people will obviously select different verses to memorize and recite according to their perception.  The imams cannot make their own rules on that.  As for non-Quranic duas, they must only be recited if they are 100% compatible with Quranic values.  Any nice dua can be recited any time we like.  There cannot be any hard & fast rules for that either.

As for the declaration of "wajib,"  again I would say only Allah knows it best.  The imams and ulemas have changed everything so much that we cannot be sure if the beloved Prophet (sw) really said anything about "wajib."  To be honest, we cannot even be fully certain if the number of fard rakats we offer for all our 5 salaats were really the same as offered by the Prophet (sw).  It's very likely that the imams have changed those numbers through the Hadith narrations.  Only Allah knows best.  However, the Quran does refer to the obligatory recitation of Surah Fatiha and other Quranic verses (whatever we can remember) during salaat.  And the Quran surely commands us to perform ruku and sajood during salaat.  So we know that these steps are obligatory or fard.   But other than these, such as the number of rakats for each salaat, and the number of times to perform ruku and sajood, and the extra-Quranic duas to be recited .... all of these information are taken from Hadith and the views of the ulemas.   For example, we peform 2 sajoods in each rakat.  It's very possible that the Prophet (sw) performed more than 2 sajoods in each rakat.  But since the original truth of such matters have been erased by the imams, we have no other choice but to follow the traditional instructions regarding certain matters.  But I try to make safe corrections as much as I can.  For example, when I offer my 3 withr rakats with Isha, I offer it with the niyah of "nafl" not "wajib" because we cannot be sure if the Prophet (sw) really said it was wajib.  To keep it as "nafl" is safer because nafl simply means extra rakats, so it sounds more general. I make the niyah or intention of telling Allah that if the Prophet really offered withr as wajib then to accept it as wajib from me, otherwise nafl. 
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:44 pm »

aoa thank u sis for very satisfying answer Smiley

i memorized dua al qunoot in arabic  and recite in witr but i am used to ,to recite 2:201 and 14:41 together many times a day and i personally like both verses and memorized in arabic too i want to recite 2:201 in witr Grin  but wasn't sure about to replace it with dua al qunoot as i gave my opinion to my friend she like to recite vrese 14:47 as usual we faced objections from sunni side (imam) i don't like such strict rules what's wrong with these guys  Angry these are Quran verses nothing outside from quran then WHY Not ?? where from they get authority to declare it '' void of reward of sunnah'' and what about the poor person who's really unable to memorize dua al qunoot ????  GOD of earth  Angry

I make the niyah or intention of telling Allah that if the Prophet really offered withr as wajib then to accept it as wajib from me, otherwise nafl.

mashallah sis very god fearing way of niyah i like it i will make too for the safe side :x
really we are helpless in few matters..  cryin may Allah forgive us for certain instructions we are following and not sure about them. Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 02:29:30 am »

MashAllah very good sis.  V.2:201 along with 14:41 is so beautiful.  I pray I learn the Arabic of V. 2:201 soon .. right now I only know its English translation.  If you check our post English Translation Summary of the Glorious Quran in memory, I've collected a total of 87 Quranic verses (English translations).  I have memorized the original Arabic as well along with the English translation from serial numbers 72 to 87 which I recite as zikr at least twice a day.  Whenever InshAllah I memorize the Arabic of V.2:201, I will add it to this list as well.

really we are helpless in few matters..  cryin may Allah forgive us for certain instructions we are following and not sure about them. Sad

Unfortunately yes sis  Sad   But I keep trying to search for the truth or to at least avoid practicing what I know is doubtful.  May Allah Almighty be with us and keep guiding us.   Ameen, dearest Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:31:50 am »

woow weldem  sis  all the best  for more i am going to check the post  Smiley 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: