Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 11:52:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Man created from water

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Man created from water  (Read 137 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:39:32 am »

BismEm

Have a query.  If anyone can help me out with feedbacks, I'd be grateful.

In the 54th verse of Surah Al-Furqan it says that Allah has created humans of water.

"And He it is Who hath created man from water, ........."  (25:54)

Can you please elucidate the significance of this in regard to man being created of mud or clay which is confirmed by the Noble Quran in several Surahs.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:06 am »

BismAllah .. and salaam brother.  Yes, I've come across this Verse many times.  I think its significance and reference is simple.  We know that Allah has originated the creation of every human (I'm quite sure this includes animals as well) of clay.  This has been clearly stated in many verses as you've rightly mentioned.  Verse 25:54 which states of man being created from water, in my opinion, refers to the fact that water is a necessity for mankind and humans cannot survive without it.  That's a known fact.  According to modern findings, the water level of the human system has to be of a certain minimal level for them to survive, in the absence of which, there have been many deaths due to de-hydration.  This also applies to animals.  Verse 24:45 of the Noble Quran says the same about animals.  And it's just as true about animals as about humans that animals too need water to survive,  without which they will die of de-hydration.

"Allah hath created every animal of water. Of them is (a kind) that goeth upon its belly and (a kind) that goeth upon two legs and (a kind) that goeth upon four. Allah createth what He will. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things."  24:45

Praise be to Allah, the Almighty. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:05:46 am »

Hummmm, right.  So, it refers to the dependency of earthly living beings on water.  That makes sense.  Actually this was brought up by a friend this evening during our weekly discussions.  I thought I'd get some feedbacks before giving my opinion.  And thanks for quoting a similar Verse regarding to animals too.  You interpretation sounds correct.  I hadn't thought of it. 

I've often thought that if there is any kind of life anywhere else in the Universe, those living beings or those living organisms may not need water to survive like the living beings on Earth.

Isn't it a bit strange how scientists and astronauts take it for granted that everything in the universe needs water.  why do they think that, i wonder.  If they presume any traces of water in Mars or traces suggesting past existence of water, they jump to the conclusion that life might exist or might have existed because of the presence of water.  But isn't it as likely that if Allah has created any living things anywhere else in the universe, their needs & requirements might be totally different from earthly humans just as their outward appearance might be very different, and hence, they might not be dependent upon water for survival like us?

Of course, it goes without saying that only and only Allah knows if there's any sort of life anywhere else in the universe. 

JazekAllah khair for your help, sister.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:16:24 am »

I've often thought that if there is any kind of life anywhere else in the Universe, those living beings or those living organisms may not need water to survive like the living beings on Earth.

Isn't it a bit strange how scientists and astronauts take it for granted that everything in the universe needs water.  why do they think that, i wonder.  If they presume any traces of water in Mars or traces suggesting past existence of water, they jump to the conclusion that life might exist or might have existed because of the presence of water.  But isn't it as likely that if Allah has created any living things anywhere else in the universe, their needs & requirements might be totally different from earthly humans just as their outward appearance might be very different, and hence, they might not be dependent upon water for survival like us?

Of course, it goes without saying that only and only Allah knows if there's any sort of life anywhere else in the universe. 

JazekAllah khair for your help, sister.

Subhan'Allah, very smart perception, brother.  Indeed, the modern experts take this aspect too much for granted.  that's because they think only in terms of human existence on earth and its needs, and draw their conclusions from that as their foundation.  It's a mindset that basically portrays the self-centered approach of humans.   Yes, only Allah knows if there are any sort of living beings or even tiny organisms elsewhere.  But even if they are somewhere out there in the universe, their needs and requirements might not be the same as ours.   Indeed that's very likely.

Thanks brother.  You've educated me on the likelihood of something I'd never imagined Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:37:34 am »

Praise be to Allah, what an interesting Quranic topic to discuss.  Your explanation sounds very intelligent to me too, sister Cat.   and also br. PT's suggestion is so interesting. 

Btw, the standard tafsir by Maududi (I think it's by Maududi) has gone completely awry on the interpretation of this verse. 

Let me quote the complete Verse as follows:

"And He it is Who hath created man from water, and hath appointed for him kindred by blood and kindred by marriage; for thy Lord is ever Powerful."  25:54

Maududi has interpreted the expression "created man from water" as "birth of man from a mere sperm drop and the procreation of his offspring from man and woman."   He further suggests "The verse has also a subtle suggestion: The whole of life is being run on the principle of "difference", for example, the difference between the night and the day, the summer and the winter, etc."   I really cannot understand how he got these ideas for his interpretation.  I just don't see any link between these suggestions and Verse 25:54.  The words "hath appointed for him kindred by blood and kindred by marriage;" is simply an assertion of the different types of family relationships created by Allah for the benefit of man which include immediate family members and extended family members which are related by blood and the in-laws who are related by marriage.   It's really quite simple and clear.  But I don't know how and why Maududi has interpreted "water" as meaning sperm and from that he began explaining the verse as referring to human procreation.   And that bit about difference of night and day is mentioned in many other verses, but Verse 25:54 surely does not discuss that.  Additionally by studying Verse 24:45 with the same reference to animals regarding water (which you quoted), your explanation appears to be far more accurate than Maududi's. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 05:44:51 am »

Hummmm .... I too don't understand how or why Maududi has made this connection.  I'm trying to fathom but I can't.  The verse clearly says "water" with no obvious analogies in it.  And the other verse on animals also says exactly the same thing, all animals being created of "water."  Of course, only Allah knows best, but from my understanding, I'm pretty sure Maududi's perception is incorrect. 

Maybe he made this connection from Verses 23:12-14 (Surah Al-Momin) which state:

23:12 Verily We created man from a product of wet earth;
23:13 Then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging;
23:14 Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!

I suppose the term "wet earth" which he may have had in mind, made him make the connection between that and "water" as in Verse 25:54.  But again, in Verses 23:12-14 it's clearly explained - the start of man's creation with earth and then making it into a drop which obviously refers to sperm and the stages of development of the fetus that follow.  But Verse 25:54 is obviously not referring to this aspect.  I think it's clearly referring to water and man's need for it to survive, and the same being highlighted in Verse 24:45 in regard to animals.

Thanks for this feedback, sis.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: