Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 06:01:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'It wasn't a dream'

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 'It wasn't a dream'  (Read 207 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:32:34 am »

As-salam Alaikum and hi folks. 

This is a bit lengthy but please take the time to read, because it's worth it.

A cousin of mine sent it to me, written by a person who is a member (or admin) of one of the Islamic groups in Facebook.

I really liked it, so I thought I must share it here.  Please don't get depressed after reading it.  That's not the purpose of putting it up.

It talks about the experience shortly after death, the day when the soul is taken away.  As we know, as long as we are in this world, we can never confirm the exact events of the day of death.  That can only be known to every individual on the day they die and they cannot come back to narrate that experience.   The knowledge of the experience of that day and everything that follows in the next world is only known to Allah alone.

This piece is only a writing, the purpose being to remind believers of the ultimate so that they don't waste their time in useless activities because death is something that can come at any time and to anyone.  There's a great deal of reality in this piece about which we must NEVER be heedless.

It wasn't a DREAM!

I woke up suddenly one night and saw a strange light in my room.  The problem is that the lights are off.  I saw the clock, it was 3.30 in the morning.  Okay... so where is all this light coming from?

I turned around and saw something very strange .. my body was half way through the wall (?!)  I immediately pulled it out and sat down to see if i'm okay.  This is strange...

I tried to push onto the wall, but MY ARM WENT THROUGH.  I heard a sound.  I turned to my brother's bed to see him sleeping.  I was really scared of what was happening to me ... so I tried to wake him up ....but he didn't reply!

I went to my parent's bedroom.  I tried to wake up my mother and father.  I just wanted somebody to react to me but nobody did.

I tried to wake my mother up again.  She woke up this time.  she got out of bed but didn't communicate with me, like she didn't see me.  She was saying "In the name of Allah, most Merciful, most Gracious" (بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم) again and again.

She woke my dad up saying "get up,  I want to check on the kids."  My dad replied in half in his sleep .. "this is not the time for it, let me sleep and inshAllah tomorrow i'll get to that."  But she insisted ..so he woke up.

I was THERE.  I was screaming .. "dad," "mom" ... nobody was replying.  I held mother's clothes to grab her attention, but she seemed unaware of my presence.  I followed her till she got to my bedroom.  My parents went into the room and turned on the lights.
It wasn't making any difference to me anyway because there was a strong light around me.

I then saw the strangest thing in my life.  My OWN BODY on my bed.  I was trembling.  How could there be two of me?  How could that person look so much like me?   And what was he doing on my bed?

I started slapping and hitting myself to wake up from this nightmare, but it was too real to be a nightmare.

Dad said "Yalla, see the kids are sleeping. Let's go back to bed."

But mother was still disturbed.  She went to the person sleeping on my bed and said
"Khalid, wake up!! ... WAKE UP!!"   But he wouldn't reply.  She tried again and again but no reply.

Then I turned to see my dad in tears.  It was the first time in my life that I saw my dad's tears.  The room was almost shaking with screams.

My brother woke up. "What's going on?!"

In a very sad tone, with tears rolling down her cheek, mother replied "your brother's dead! Khalid is DEAD!!"

I went to mother and said "please mom ... don't cry .. I'm right here, look at me!"  But she didn't respond, no one was replying to me.  WHY?

I turned to Allah and asked Him to wake me up from this nightmare!  Quickly following my dua was a voice saying (from the Quran):

"You were in negligence from this, so We uncovered the blinds and today your sight is (like iron)"

لقد كنت في غفلة من هذا فكشفنا عنك غطاءك فبصرك اليوم حديد

Suddenly two creatures held my arm, they obviously weren't human.

"Leave me ALONE!  Who are you and what do you want from me??"

"We're your grave's guards" they said.

I replied  "but I'm not dead yet!  Let go of me!!  I can still see, hear, touch, and speak .. I'm not dead!"

They replied with a smile: "You humans are fascinating! You think that by dying your life ends, while in fact life on Earth is a small dream compared to the Hereafter; a dream that ends at your death."

They began taking me towards my grave.  On the way I saw people just like me, each had two guards like mine.  Some were smiling, others crying and others screaming.

I asked the guards "Why are they all doing that?'

They replied "These people now know their fate.  Some were in ignorance so they .."

"So they go to Hell?!" I interrupted.

They said "yes."  And continued .. "and those laughing are going to Heaven."

I quickly asked,  "What about me..where will I go?"

They said "you were at times a good Muslim, while other times not. One day you obeyed Allah, the next you disobeyed Him. And you weren't clear with yourself and your fate will remain so: lost."

I replied, shaking: "SO AM I GOING TO HELL?"

They said, "Allah's mercy is great, and the journey is long."

Then I turned and saw my family carrying my dead body in a coffin .. so I ran to them and said,  "please make dua for me."  But nobody replied..

I went to my brother and warned him .. "be careful with what you do in this life ... don't be a fool like me!"  I was really hoping that he could hear me.

The two angels (guards) tied up my soul on top of my body.

I then saw my relatives pouring sand over me.  At that moment I was hoping that I was in their place, that I could turn to Allah and do as much as He wanted from me ... that I would ask for forgiveness and once and for all repent my sins that angered Him.  But unfortunately I couldn't.

I shouted: "People, don't let this life tempt you! Wake up to the truth.  One day you will also DIE, and you never know when or how."  I hoped for somebody to hear me but nobody there did.

But YOU heard me.  Save yourself.

Smile to others, forgive them when you have the power to punish them. Allah forgives those that forgive others. Do your prayers regularly with an open heart. Let Allah guide your life, NOT Satan.  Read the Quran regularly and let the Prophet (p.b.u.h) be your role model in life.

Work in this timed life for your salvation in an eternal one.

Please spread this message to as many people as possible, for every person whose heart it touches and changes surely will make Allah happy.  HE will reward you in this life and the Hereafter.

Keep the chain GOING, PLEASE.

UNQUOTE

Alhumdulilah, this really touched my heart, and I pray it has touched yours just as much as it did mine.  Please send it around.  It could contribute to guiding many souls who are as yet not guided due to their own desires.

Please note:  That voice from the Quran refers to Verse 50:22 (Surah Qaf)

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

Walaikum Salaam dear sis.  I've read this article as well.  It was sent around from the Fb group "Islam Discoverer."  It's a very uniquely wonderful piece.  It touched me very much too.  I especially like the way the author has depicted the severing of ties and communication between the departed soul and those of his loved ones left behind.  Yes, it doesnt'mean that the experience of death will be exactly like this.  Only Allah knows the exact details.  But this piece has been written very gracefully and respectfully.  Thus the theme really moves the heart. 

May Allah Almighty grant guidance to all of us and make us fully ready by the time death is knocking at our doorstep.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:31:09 am »

Thank u sister Heba.  It's truly a very moving piece of writing for any believer who reads it.  This brother has a very nice way of conveying his thoughts. Only the ones with lukewarm iman will find it depressing, and the disbeliever will hate it.  That's nothing unusual.  It's an expression of their own guilty conscience that comes from their forgetfulness of Allah.

I read this yesterday when I was doing a google search on something similar and this article came in the list, and I said to myself "o! this is our place" Smiley

InshAllah, I will forward this to family & friends. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: