Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 02:45:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WHAT IS HADITH AND THE DIFFERENT SUNNI/SHIIA COLLECTIONS.

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS HADITH AND THE DIFFERENT SUNNI/SHIIA COLLECTIONS.  (Read 517 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 05, 2007, 04:33:04 am »

BismEm
 salamem  everyone

Unlike quite many others, I've found Hadith to have played a very positive role in helping me through life and understanding Islam. 

For those who are new at Hadith, I would like to introduce you all to the basics of this institution.

First of all, Hadith narrations are considered to be the thoughts expressed by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), not directly, but reported through a companion, sometimes through more than one companion.  Or, as it is said, all hadith collections are the alleged traditions of the Prophet (pbuh) and handed down by the disciples of imams.  Both Sunnis and Shiias have their different collections of Hadith.

The Sunni Hadith collections are:

-  Sahih al-Bukhari
-  Muslim bin al-Hajaj
-  Sunan Abu Dawood
-  Al-Tirmidhi
-  An-Nasai
-  Ibn Maja and
-  Al-Muwatta of Imam Malik

The Shiia Hadith collections are:

-  Al-Kafi & Behar al-Anwar
"A Bundle of Flowers fromt he Gardens of Traditions of the Prophet and Ahlul Bayt."
-  Al-Istibsaar
-  Al-Tahzeeb
-  Mun La Yahduruttu Al-faqeeh

Unlike the Sunni hadith collections, Shiia ahadith are not found that easily on the websites. 

Just as the author of Sahih al-Bukhari narrations is Imam Bukhari, the author of Al-Kafi is Abu Jafer Mohammad bin Ishaq al-Kuliani, died 328 AH.  Al-Kafi of the Shiias is equivalent of Al-Bukhari of Sunnis.  Al-Kafi literally means 'sufficient for religious needs.'  Al-Kuliani came from a village in Iran called Kulian.  Al-Kafi is again sub-divided into 3 sections. 

"Sunnah," a word frequently used as synonym for Hadith means "path, lifestyle and manners."

Every hadith consists of a statement about the chain of tradition (narrators) called "isnad," and then the text of the hadith.  Example, Ismail b. Ibrahim spoke to us.  He said Abu Haiyam al-Taimi told us about Abu Zara who commented from Abu Hurayra who said: "The Prophet (pbuh) was among the people one day ...."

Hadith is second of the 4 sources of Islamic Laws.  The 4 sources are:

1 - Quran
2 - Hadith
3 - Final analogy in questions of law based on Quran & Sunnah for Sunnis and reason among Shiias
4 - Consensus of Islamic scholars or Fiqh
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:44:14 pm »

wsalam  ..  useful information.  thanks brother.  so, why aren't Shiia ahadeeth not available on the web? 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »

wsalam  ..  so, why aren't Shiia ahadeeth not available on the web? 

That's a good question.  I too don't know why.  If anyone wants to get acquainted with shiia hadith online, the best place is at shiachat.com  or one can get regular books on shiia hadith.
Report Spam   Logged

AceOfHearts

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:36:23 pm »

Hadith is second of the 4 sources of Islamic Laws.  The 4 sources are:

I hope you don't believe in that, and that you're just making a statement showing what others believe.

As a reminder for us all, the Qur'an is the only source of Law from Allah:

"And as such, We have sent it down: a law in Arabic. And if you follow their desires after what has come to you of the knowledge, then you will not have any ally or defender against God." [Qur’an 13:37]

Peace.
Report Spam   Logged
N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 12:16:51 am »

I hope you don't believe in that, and that you're just making a statement showing what others believe.

As a reminder for us all, the Qur'an is the only source of Law from Allah:

"And as such, We have sent it down: a law in Arabic. And if you follow their desires after what has come to you of the knowledge, then you will not have any ally or defender against God." [Qur’an 13:37]

Peace.

wsalam  dear brother.  i put this post more from the legal view point than the religious one.  even according to the Islamic legal system, as you can see, the Quran comes first.  also as reality happens to be, and which you surely know, new systems have been set up - either because of the emergence of new issues or in some cases just for the purpose of bringing in social changes (a lot of us admit that) - and these issues have given rise to those other institutions that I've mentioned that today make up the mainstream.  I am aware that individuals and groups of individuals differ.  but from a comprehensive angle, the mainstream has to be taken in account.   it's about putting what exists on the table rather than picking what I or someone else might think is right or wrong.

JazekAllah Khairyan.  peace to u and everyone. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: