Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 03:04:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Patch of water on the floor

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Patch of water on the floor  (Read 1315 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 04, 2011, 04:25:33 am »

In my condo unit a strange problem was detected a week ago.  I saw a patch of water late at night on a corner of my laminate bedroom floor, in front of the closet when I went to my room after working on the computer.  It was past 1 a.m.  It must have been about a tea cup of water, at least. I needed a small towel to dry it and then 2 or 3 paper towels to dry the leftover moisture.  The rest of the floor everywhere in the room and the entire unit was bone dry.  The closet floor was also dry.  I'm absolutely sure I never spilled any water there.  I don't even keep any drinking water in the bedroom.  I had swiped the apartment floor with mildly moist wipes at around 7 p.m. (more than 6 hours earlier) and those wipes never leave behind any moisture.  The floor feels dry minutes later. 

Another unusual thing was that the water was very still.  Normally if that much water is poured or spilled on laminate floor, it flows in different directions in narrow streaks because laminate flooring (particularly the renovated ones as in my place) is never 100% flat. 

It's been a week and it never happened again.  I've been living here for nearly two years and it never happened before.  This was the first time, and of course, I'm hoping the last.  But I'm awfully confused and haven't ruled out the possibility of the paranormal as I'm unable to find a logical reason.  I thought of condensation.  I had taken a warm shower around 8 p.m.  Could the warm steam escaping into the unit from the washroom have resulted in condensation?  But that too sounds impossible.  Moreover, I use the shower everyday.  So, why didn't 'condensation' take place ever before?  If it was condensation, it should have happened on the washroom floor which is so close to the shower though that's not laminate, it's ceramic tiled.  However the washroom floor was stone dry. 

I find this occurrence puzzling.

Any comments on how the water could have come there to rule out the paranormal?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 05:18:21 am »

Wow, that's interesting and sounds freaky!  I doubt if it was condensation .. almost impossible.  Condensation as a result of shower, cooking or laundry does happen, but not in the way described here.  As far as I know, condensation appears as small droplets of water on glass windows or glass doors, or as damp patches along the walls.  But it doesn't appear like a tea cup of water poured on the floor.  You're also right that that much of water seldom stands still on a laminate floor. 

Under the circumstances, this is weird  Lips Sealed    I can't think of any answers at this point.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:27:26 am »

Might sound like a joke but a real question  Grin   Are you a sleep walker, sister?    In that case maybe you took a glass of water in your room and spilt some.  Since sleep walkers never recall what they do while they sleep-walk, so you can't remember spilling any water.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:32:13 am »

lol,  not at all brother but good thinking  😆  Of course I'm more than definite I've never sleep walked in my life, neither am I known to be a sleep walker within my family.    No question about that.  Most importantly, I was getting ready to go to bed but hadn't until then.  I saw this puddle of water after finishing working on my laptop much prior to falling asleep.  So there's no question of sleep walking. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:00:08 am »

Shocked Shocked  spooks!  teethsmile

Did you feel a paranormal presence at that time?  I mean, any feelings of some mr. jin roaming around?    Grin

I'm baffled ....... how on earth could it happen?
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 02:54:14 am »

Grin   Are you a sleep walker, sister?    

LaaughingAway  brother ts, if she was a sleep walker she wouldn't have just found some water spilled on the floor one fine evening.  Each morning when sleep walkers wake up, they find their home topsy turvy.  Nothing looks to be at the right place.  

I too find this story mind boggling.  Chances of it being paranormal seem high.   I think sister Zeynab should keep an eye on it, if it happens again.  In that case she will need to analyse it yet again, depending on the events of that day.  But if it never recurs, it will no doubt remain a deep mystery .. most likely something connected with paranormal.  Allah knows best, but perhaps it is some paranormal stuff.  Since Sister Zeynab is regular with her salaat and recitations of the Quran, InshAllah, she won't feel eerie and the incident will remain under control with no repetitions of the same nor anything different.  

I'll keep thinking and also mention to my husband, family and friends.  If any logical explanation comes up, I'll inform you Sister, InshAllah.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:09:20 am »

Did you feel a paranormal presence at that time?  I mean, any feelings of some mr. jin roaming around?    Grin

Not really.  And yes, as you all know, I'm very regular with my salah and Quranic recitations/readings.   In such homes the problem of evil jinn is eradicated and even if some harmless jinn are around, their presence may not be felt.

I agree with all of you.  It's awfully confusing with signs of paranormal because of its lack of earthly explanation.  I also agree it cannot be condensation.  I googled and saw a bunch of pics of condensation.  As sister Heba said, that only appears in droplets on glass windows or as damp patches on walls sometimes with mould.  But not as a little puddle of fresh clear water on the floor.

Anyhow, thanks everyone.  Do let me know if you bang into some possible explanation.  I'll do the same. 

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:03:36 am »

Salams and hey Sis Zeynab.  With that many years gone by, were you able to find any answers?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 01:16:36 am »

No sis  😕    none whatsoever.   Mentioned it to my brother, nephew, and couple of neighbors.  Everyone seemed baffled.   Also searched the internet for answers.  They only say the type of damage water can cause to laminate flooring .... meaning if you spill water or if the floor gets flooded because of some plumbing issues.   Nothing of that happened here.   They say even if mold grows underneath the laminate floor, there's no such thing as floor giving off water.  And of course, there's no mold in my flooring.   

Unfortunately, I'm still on square one ...... no answers to the mystery at all, not even close to it.     Only Allah Almighty knows best.

Just somehow, it doesn't feel too nice here .. like this place isn't the right one where one can feel happy.  But regular salah and recitations of the Noble Quran has kept everything fine.  Alhumdulilah.

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 01:18:47 am »

Alhumdulilah.  InshAllah, with your level of Faith in Allah and the enormous time you spend remembering Allah, everything will be fine   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: