Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post titled "Zainab's Lounge"). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
October 18, 2018, 11:36:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Patch of water on the floor

+-
Shoutbox
October 09, 2018, 09:50:31 pm Ruhi_Rose: Salam brother.  Very easy. First click on the board title you wish to post in.  You'll find main board topics below and sub-boards (default label "child boards") above.  If you wish to post in main board click "new topic" button on top left.  If you wish to post in any of the sub-boards, click on that sub board title and then click "new topic" button on above left side.  You'll get the format for typing your post, then click "post" button below.
October 06, 2018, 12:46:27 pm momin: how can i post things here if i have something to post. Smiley
 Smiley
September 14, 2018, 12:33:22 am Ruhi_Rose: Yes br. TS, that's a very important article to read.
September 14, 2018, 12:08:22 am N. Truth Seeker: Thank u.  Allah bless u for remembering, sister.   Also reminding our guests to read: The traditional declaration of fasting on the 10th of Muharram .... the real story behind it. Same article in the blog too.
September 13, 2018, 11:09:22 pm Zeynab: Muharram 1440 A.H.
Please read why our Islamic new year is full of tragic memories.
June 08, 2018, 08:49:28 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Leilatul Qadr 1439 (2018) on June 8. To learn about this great Night, read our posts on Leilatul Qadr @ this thread.
May 16, 2018, 04:03:41 am Ruhi_Rose: Ramadan Mubarak to u too brother and to everyone.  May Allah accept our efforts.  Ameen.
May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am N. Truth Seeker: Ramadan 2018 Mubarak to all.  Just finished sahoor, getting ready for Fajr.  Alhumdulilah.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Patch of water on the floor  (Read 501 times)
Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 04, 2011, 04:25:33 am »

A sister friend who lives alone in her apartment complained of a strange problem in her home when we met and were chatting at our neighborhood masjid.  She mentioned that a week ago she found a patch of water late at night on a corner of her bedroom floor, in front of the closet, when she went to her room after working on her computer.  It was past 1 a.m.  According to her, it must have been about half a tea cup of water. She needed a small towel to wipe it and then 2 or 3 paper towels to dry the leftover moisture.  The rest of the floor everywhere in the apartment was bone dry.  The closet floor was also dry.  She says she's absolutely sure she never spilled any water there.  She doesn't even keep any drinking water in the bedroom.  She mentioned that she did clean the apartment floor with those mildly moist wipes at around 7 p.m. (more than 6 hours earlier) and those wipes never leave behind any moisture.  The floor feels dry mintues later. 

Another unusual thing she noted was that the water was very still.  Normally if that much water is poured or spilled on the floor, it always flows in narrow streaks because laminate flooring in never 100% flat. 

It's been a week and it never happend again.  She's been living in that apartment for a year and a half, it never happened before.  This was the first time, and of course, she's hoping the last.  But she's awfully confused and hasn't ruled out the possibility of the paranormal because she is unable to find a logical explanation.  The only possibility that came to her mind was condensation.  She mentioned that she had taken a warm shower around 8 p.m.  Could the warm steam escaping into the apartment from the washroom have resulted in condensation?  But that too is unlikely because, like everyone, she said she uses the shower everyday.  So, why didn't 'condensation' take place ever before?  Moreover, if it was condensation, it should have happened on the washroom floor which is so close to the shower.  But she said the washroom floor was stone dry. 

I find this little story puzzling too.

Any comments on how the water could have come there to rule out the paranormal?
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 05:18:21 am »

Wow, that's interesting and sounds freaky!  I doubt if it was condensation .. almost impossible.  Condensation as a result of shower, cooking or laundry does happen, but not in the way described here.  As far as I know, condensation appears as small droplets of water on glass windows or glass doors, or as damp patches along the walls.  But it doesn't appear like a tea cup of water poured on the floor.  You're also right that that much of water seldom stands still on a laminate floor.  It flows in different directions.

Under the circumstances, this is weird  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:27:26 am »

Might sound like a joke but a real question  Grin   Is the sister a sleep walker?    In that case maybe she took a glass of water in her room and spilt some.  Since sleep walkers never  recall what they do while sleep walking, so she can't remember spilling any water.
Report Spam   Logged

HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE ALLAH CAN
STAND BEFORE ANYONE.
Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:32:13 am »

lol, lool,, not at all brother but good thinking  Cheesy  Of course I didn't ask her if she's a sleep walker but she's apparently not.  She has several very close relatives who keep coming to her home to spend the weekend, often even to spend longer periods of time.  I am also friendly with quite a few of her close relatives.  If she was a sleep walker, she wouldn't have known about it but they would defintely know .. or at least some of them would know by catching her sleep walking sometime or the other.  I'm sure there's no question of that.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:00:08 am »

Shocked Shocked  spooks!  teethsmile

Does she feel any paranormal presence?  I mean, any feelings of some mr. jin roaming around?    Grin

I'm baffled ....... how on earth could it happen?
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 02:54:14 am »

Grin   Is the sister a sleep walker?   

LaaughingAway  brother pt, if she was a sleep walker she wouldn't have just found some water spilled on the floor one fine day.  Each morning when sleep walkers wake up, they find their home topsy turvy.  Nothing looks to be on the place they were previously kept.  

I too find this story mind boggling.  Chances of it being paranormal seem high.   I think she should keep an eye on it, if it happens again.  In that case she will need to analyse it again, depending on the events of that day.  But if it never recurs, it will no doubt remain a deep mystery .. most likely something connected with paranormal.  Allah knows best, but perhaps it is some paranormal stuff.  If she's regular with her salaat and recitations of the Quran, then she won't feel eerie and the incident will remain under control with no repetitions of the same nor anything different.  

I'll keep thinking.  If any logical explanation comes to my mind, I'll inform u to tell the sister, InshAllah.
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:09:20 am »

Does she feel any paranormal presence?  I mean, any feelings of some mr. jin roaming around?

hmmm, I didn't ask her that.  But since she didn't specify it either, I suppose  she doesn't feel that way.  She's a very pious sister.  She prays a lot and does lots of Quranic recitations in her home almost every single day as zikr.  In such homes the problem of evil jinn is eradicated and even if some harmless jinn are around, their presence may not be felt.

I agree with all of you.  It's awfully confusing with signs of paranormal because of its lack of earthly explanation.  I also agree it cannot be condensatiion.  I googled and saw a bunch of pics of condensation.  As sister Heba said, that only appears in droplets on glass windows or as damp patches on walls sometimes with mould.  But not as a little pool of fresh clean water on the floor.

Anyhow, thanks everyone.  Do let me know if you bang into some possible explanation.  I'll do the same.  In the meantime that sister is also keeping an eye, in case it recurs.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: