Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 29, 2024, 09:14:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT DOGS

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT DOGS  (Read 14460 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 02:26:15 am »

Returning to this wonderful thread after precisely two years.

Had a run-in on this topic with another Hadithist sister few days ago.  Recently there was a story in Yahoo that a 63-year-old man was licked by his pet dog and through the dog's saliva he was fatally infected with an infection (sepsis).  So she triumphantly tells me that Abu Huraira ahadith are right.  I told her to use her common sense which she apparently doesn't have.  First of all, Abu Huraira didn't have this issue in mind when he wrote those dozens of false ahadith forging the Prophet's (pbuh) name.   Secondly, such cases are extremely, extremely rare.  Thirdly, even in those very, very rare cases, it's not the dog's fault; the dog doesn't intentionally lick to pass infection, so absolutely no need to stamp the poor dog as "evil."  

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 02:38:50 am »

And fourthly, such unusually rare infection is present in the saliva of both dogs as well as cats.  In those very rare cases, it can also be passed on from cats affectionately licking a member of the household just as much as it can happen from a dog.  Not to mention, Abu Huraira is touted as a great fan of cats. 

So far in all my life of that many years - and my family used to have both dogs and cats in the past for years - I have read of such infections just twice in news stories.   I guess both in US.  One, of this 63-year-old unfortunate man.  The other of a middle-aged woman who got a similar infection supposedly from her house pet.  Her life was saved but her hands and legs had to be amputated because of gangrene.  Again, not to mention, the blood tests that indicate such an infection (I forget its name ... something long with letter 'c') assuming that it comes from the saliva of dogs and cats isn't 100% confirmed either.   
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 02:46:04 am »

Such extremely rare infections can also be passed from human to human in the most unthinkable of ways.  For example a couple of years ago there was a story on Yahoo and other outlets too about a woman (probably in US  .. or maybe Canada) who went to spend a day with her friend and used her friend's compact-powder and makeup brush to cover up a pimple on her face.  From that she got infected with a very rare skin infection that kept her in hospital for weeks, struggling for her life.  Eventually her life was saved but the poor lady ended up getting paralyzed in both legs.  Though sharing cosmetics is I'm sure very common among friends, how many times in human history has anyone heard of such a thing?     I have certainly heard this for the first time and I suppose it will be for the last time in my life as it's just so rare and scarce as a hen's teeth!   That's exactly how extremely uncommon the dog-cat saliva infections via licking are.  And even these very unusual cases may happen if the pet licks a person's skin that's broken or badly bruised.

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 02:50:51 am »

Right brother .....

For example a couple of years ago there was a story on Yahoo and other outlets too about a woman (probably in US  .. or maybe Canada) who went to spend a day with her friend and used her friend's compact-powder and makeup brush to cover up a pimple on her face.  From that she got infected with a very rare skin infection that kept her in hospital for weeks, struggling for her life.  Eventually her life was saved but the poor lady ended up getting paralyzed in both legs.  Though sharing cosmetics is I'm sure very common among friends, how many times in human history has anyone heard of such a thing?     

Yeah, I too read this story.  Absolutely astonishingly rare!  

Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 02:53:10 am »

Big thankx for the insightful feedback sister and brother. 

It seems hadithists just hate the use of common sense.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 01:04:43 am »

Initially the nonsensical Bukhari & co. claimed that angels don't enter homes where there are dogs.  Yet another bluff says angels of mercy don't enter homes where there are pictures, which jurists mention as "pictures of animals."   This may mean that in addition to the poor doggies, hadith has also tabooed other animals as household pets.  Amazing dross and debris.

No wonder not even the most celebrated of so-called scholars know the total number of ahadith nor hadith qudsi.  All ahadith are updated in the rooms of "Islamic" universities that charge $35,000 for hadith-frilled diplomas.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2019, 01:08:26 am »

And only the shayateen offering temptations enter homes that have the name of Bukhari.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2019, 01:09:09 am »

Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2020, 03:50:56 pm »

Grin   Thumbsup     That was so correct, I'm afraid the fragile sentiments of our hadithist brethren will have to be ignored.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: