Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 19, 2024, 05:34:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

English Translation Summary of the Glorious Quran in memory

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: English Translation Summary of the Glorious Quran in memory  (Read 1807 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:39:52 am »

BismEm

While you are reading the Glorious Quran, you will come across verse after verse which you will find exhilarating, and they will ring a bell in your mind and heart so loud that you will want to bookmark those verses for memorization and implementation in your practical life.  The more you read, more often you will keep coming across many incredibly lovely verses helping you to find solutions to problems of life and teaching you the norms of right conduct and of course most importantly, teaching you how to strengthen your faith in Allah, the Almighty.

By now I have marked thousands of verses (English translations) in my copy of the Quran.  Out of those I have further picked a set of verses for memorization.

Let me make something clear.  Needless to say, it's best to memorize the Quranic verses in Arabic.  But since many Muslims do not know Arabic and many also cannot read Arabic, therefore do not hesitate to memorize the verses of the Quranic translations in the language you can read and follow.  Among those Muslims who don't know Arabic, most would opt for the English translations.  But you need to carefully choose a very good and reliable translator whose Quranic translations are well accepted for their accuracy.  My suggestion would be to choose the English translations of Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall or Abdel Haleem as first choices.   

Therefore, if you do not know Arabic at all, please do not make that an excuse for not memorizing the translations of Quranic verses.   Select and memorize the Quranic verses you find most important from the English translations.  The more verses you select for memorization, the better!  This will be like a summary of the Glorious Quran in your mind forever.  Apart from the huge blessings from Allah Almighty for your effort, it's most useful in practical life.  If at any time you need to consult the Quran when you don't have a copy of the Quran available with you, you can simply refer to the already memorized verses for immediate reference. 

If you're memorizing original Arabic verses of the Quran and Arabic is not your first language, then make sure you also memorize its translation so that you understand the Arabic verses you memorize.

The set of verses which I have memorized so far are as follows.  Please read them carefully.  If Allah wills, you might like to memorize them too, and add other verses of your choice too, InshAllah. 

1)  My Rab! I am needy of whatever good You send down for me.    28:24

2) Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need.   25:29

3)  And whosoever strives, strives only for himself, for lo! Allah is altogether Independent of (His) creatures.    29:6

4)  And cry not unto any other god along with Allah. There is no God save Him. Everything will perish save His countenance. His is the command, and unto Him you will be brought back.    28:88

5)  And if a whisper from the devil reach you (O Muhammad) then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is the Hearer, the Knower.  41:36

6)  We verily created man and We know what his soul whispers to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.   50:16

7) Everyone that is thereon will pass away;  There remains but the Countenance of your Rab of Might and Glory.  55:26-27

8) That which you have wastes away, and that which Allah has remains.  16:96

9)  .. and know that Allah comes in between the man and his own heart, and that He it is unto Whom you will be gathered.  8:24

10) Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgives all sins. Indeed! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.  39:53

11) No soul knows what is kept hid for them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do.       32:17

12) No soul knows what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die. Indeed! Allah is Knower, Aware.      31:34

13)  So have patience (O Muhammad)! Allah's promise is the very truth, and let not those who have no certainty make you impatient.  30:60

14)  Wouldst you (Muhammad) compel men until they are believers?   10:99

15)  There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.   2:256

16)  Allah tasks not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it has earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. Our Rab! Condemn us not if we forget, or miss the mark! Our Rab! Lay not on us such a burden as you did lay on those before us! Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear! Pardon us, absolve us and have mercy on us, You, our Protector, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk.   2:286

17)  You will find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters. And you will find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud.  5:82

18)  O Children of Adam! We have revealed unto you raiment to conceal your shame, and splendid vesture, but the raiment of restraint from evil, that is best. This is of the revelations of Allah, that they may remember.   7:26

19)  And those who deny Our revelations - step by step We lead them on from whence they know not.   I give them rein (for) lo! My scheme is strong.   7:182-183

20)  And guard yourselves against a chastisement which cannot fall exclusively on those of you who are wrong-doers, and know that Allah is severe in punishment.   8:25

21)  Lo! those for whom the word of your Rab (concerning sinners) has effect will not believe,  Though every token come unto them, till they see the painful doom.   10:96-97

22)  And Allah creates you, then causes you to die, and among you is he who is brought back to the most abject stage of life, so that he knows nothing after (having had) knowledge. Lo! Allah is Knower, Powerful.   16:70

23)  Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Protecting Friend in the world and the Hereafter. Make me to die submissive (unto You), and join me to the righteous.   12:101

24)  And say: My Rab! Cause me to come in with a firm incoming and to go out with a firm outgoing. And give me from Your presence a sustaining Power.  17:80

25)  Lo! man is verily a wrong-doer, an ingrate.   14:34

26)  He is the fount of fear. He is the fount of Mercy.  74:56

27)  Man is made of haste. I shall show you My portents, but ask Me not to hasten.    21:37

28)  Indeed! this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Rab, so worship Me.  And they have broken their religion (into fragments) among them, (yet) all are returning unto Us.  Then whoso does some good works and is a believer, there will be no rejection of his effort. Indeed! We record (it) for him.   21:92-94

29)  Indeed! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.  5:69

30)  Indeed! Allah changes not the condition of a folk until they (first) change that which is in their hearts;   13:11

31)  We raise by grades (of mercy) whom We will, and over every lord of knowledge there is one more knowing.   12:76

32)  Say (unto them): If you possessed the treasures of the mercy of my Rab, you would surely hold them back for fear of spending, for man was ever grudging.   17:100

33)  And We have enjoined upon man concerning his parents - His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years - Give thanks unto Me and unto your parents. Unto Me is the journeying.    31:14

34)  Ah, woe unto worshippers  Who are heedless of their prayer;  Who would be seen (at worship)   Yet refuse small kindnesses!   107:4-7

35)  A kind word with forgiveness is better than almsgiving followed by injury. Allah is Absolute, Clement.  2:263

36)  Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dies or is slain, you will turn back on your heels ? He who turns back on his heels does no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful.   3:144

37)  See, how they invent lies about Allah! That of itself is flagrant sin.  4:50

38)  Those who ruin their souls will not believe.   6:12

39)  He whom Allah scorns, there is none to give him honour. Indeed! Allah does what He will.  22:18

40)  but lo! a Day with Allah is as a thousand years of what you reckon.   22:47

41)  Indeed! worship preserves from lewdness and iniquity, but verily remembrance of Allah is more important. And Allah knows what you do.   29:45

42)  He who grows (in goodness), grows only for himself, (he cannot by his merit redeem others). Unto Allah is the journeying.     35:18

43)  And in whatsoever you differ, the verdict therein belongs to Allah. Such is my Rab, in Whom I put my trust, and unto Whom I turn.  42:10

44)  Seek help in patience and prayer; and truly it is hard save for the humble-minded,   2:45

45)  Wait they for naught else than that Allah should come unto them in the shadows of the clouds with the angels ? Then the case would be already judged. All cases go back to Allah (for judgment).   2:210

46)  And walk not in the earth exultant. Indeed! you cannot rend the earth, nor can you stretch to the height of the hills.   17:37

47)  And if they deny you, say: Unto me my work, and unto you your work. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do.   10:41

48) The disbeliever was ever a partisan against his Rab.  25:55

49) Whoso takes Satan for a comrade, a bad comrade has he. 4:38

50)  And he whose sight is dim to the remembrance of the Beneficent, We assign unto him a devil who becomes his comrade;  43:36

51)  O you who believe! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed.  3:200

52) Proofs have come unto you from your Rab, so whoso sees, it is for his own good, and whoso is blind is blind to his own hurt. And I am not a keeper over you.    6:104

53)  There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are peoples like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees). Then unto their Rab they will be gathered.  6:38

54)  Vision comprehends Him not, but He comprehends (all) vision. He is the Subtile, the Aware.    6:103

55)  Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind; but most of mankind know not. 40:57

56)  And though you try much, most men will not believe.   12:103

57)  Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light however much the disbelievers are averse.   61:8

58)  Allah would make the burden light for you, for man was created weak.  4:28

59)  Say: Each one does according to his rule of conduct, and your Rab is Best Aware of him whose way is right.  17:84

60)  And on the day when the Hour rises the guilty will vow that they did tarry but an hour - thus were they ever deceived.    30:55

61) Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided.   6:82

62)  Our Rab! Cause not our hearts to stray after You hast guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your Presence. Indeed! You, only You, are the Bestower.   3:8

63)  Those who wrangle concerning the revelations of Allah without any warrant that has come unto them, it is greatly hateful in the sight of Allah and in the sight of those who believe. Thus does Allah print on every arrogant, disdainful heart.  40:35

64)  Verily Allah's abhorrence is more terrible than your abhorrence one of another, when you were called unto the faith but did refuse.  40:10

65)  Bethink you: If it is from Allah and you reject it - Who is further astray than one who is at open feud (with Allah) ? 41:52

66) Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If you love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.   3:31

67)  Say: Indeed! Allah sends whom He will astray, and guides unto Himself all who turn (unto Him), Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!   13:27-28

68)  And verily We have displayed for mankind in this Qur'an all manner of similitudes, but man is more than anything contentious.   18:54

69)  Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the Beneficent, unto whichsoever you cry (it is the same). His are the most beautiful names.   17:110

70)  And if all the trees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven more seas to help it, (were ink), the words of Allah could not be exhausted. Indeed! Allah is Mighty, Wise.     31:27 

71)  So establish worship, pay the poor-due, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protecting Friend. An excellent Patron and an excellent Helper!   22:78

72)  The word from a Merciful Rab (for them) is: Peace!  36:58

73)  Indeed! adversity afflicts me, and You are Most Merciful of all who show mercy.   21:83

74)  My Rab! I seek refuge in You from suggestions of the evil ones,   23:97

75)  This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam.  5:3

76)  Allah is with the steadfast.   2:153

77)  Indeed! we are Allah's and indeed! unto Him we are returning.   2:156

78)  Our Rab! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast.  14:41

79)  Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.  24:35

80)  say: My Rab! Forgive and have mercy, for You are Best of all who show mercy.   23:118

81)  Our Rab! Avert from us the doom of hell;  indeed! the doom thereof is anguish;  Indeed! it is wretched as abode and station;  25:65-66

82)  My Rab! then set me not among the wrongdoing folk.   23:94

83)  My Rab! I am needy of whatever good you send down for me.  28:24

84)  And say: Truth has come and falsehood has vanished away.  Indeed! falsehood is ever bound to vanish.   17:81

85)  But indeed! with hardship goes ease,  Indeed! with hardship goes ease;  94:5-6

86)  and say: My Rab! Increase me in knowledge.   20:114

87)  There is no God save You.  Be You Glorified! Indeed! I have been a wrong-doer.   21:87

88)  Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. Unto Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedes with Him save by His leave ? He knows that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includes the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.  2:255 (Ayat-al-Kursi)   2:255

Note:  Of course, everyone can make their own selection of verses for memorization as they read the Glorious Quran.

May Allah Almighty bless those who have memorized the entire Quran in Arabic by understanding it.  Praise be to Allah, The Exalted. 

We are so fortunate to have the Glorious Quran in the midst of us - a symbol of such unprecedented beauty - please benefit from it and start reading it and memorizing it today.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:32:31 am »

SubhanAllah, MashAllah, this is such a great idea sis.  Okay, now tell me sis, do you know all these 77 verses by heart?  and do you recite them everyday? 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:23:59 am »

Salaams sis.  First of all, I've made a correction here.  On final revision I found the total number of verses I've memorized in English translation are 83 and not 77 as previously listed.   And I've now arranged those 83 memorized verses in the order I've memorized them during my reading of the Glorious Quran (English translations). 

Yes sister Heba, I've learned all 83 English translations by heart.  Out of these 83 English translations, I know the original Arabic of 14 verses.  I recite these 14 as Zikr in Arabic everyday.  The 83 English translated verses I recite once a week or once in 10 days in lieu of my reading of the Quran which I do everyday.   
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:27:57 am »

Mash'Allah and wow my sis.  I feel proud of you.  Sis, can u please list those 14 or so verses u recite as zikr in Arabic?  I would start by trying the same, Insh'Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:02 am »

@ Sis Rose .. sure sis.  The following are the verses I know in Arabic as well and I recite them as zikr in Arabic everyday.  You might already know the Arabic of some of these verses by memory.  Arabic recitations (by keeping in mind the meanings) are very helpful. 

(1)  My Lord! I am needy of whatever good Thou sendest down for me.    28:24

(2)  Our Lord! Cause not our hearts to stray after Thou hast guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Thy Presence. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Bestower.   3:8

(3)  The word from a Merciful Lord (for them) is: Peace!  36:58

(4)  Lo! adversity afflicteth me, and Thou art Most Merciful of all who show mercy.   21:83

(5)  My Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from suggestions of the evil ones,   23:97

(6)  This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam.  5:3

(7)  Allah is with the steadfast.   2:153

(8)  Lo! we are Allah's and lo! unto Him we are returning.   2:156

(9)  Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast.  14:41

(10)  Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.  24:35

(11)  say: My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for Thou art Best of all who show mercy.   23:118

(12)  Our Lord! Avert from us the doom of hell; lo! the doom thereof is anguish;  Lo! it is wretched as abode and station;  25:65-66

(13)  There is no God save Thee. Be Thou Glorified! Lo! I have been a wrong-doer.   21:87

(14)  Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave ? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.  2:255 (Ayat-al-Kursi)
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:43:55 am »

MashAllah, this sounds grand.  You've given me a great idea.  Now I also want to do the same.  May Allah enable us to study as much of the Quran as possible.  It's so very important.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:41:30 am »

salamem

Mashallah sister Allah bless u and reward u  SO True once it's touch the heart ,it reached to the mind and if we understand the meaning of verse it stay in mind forever  Smiley  well yes u are right sis i agree with u it's good to memorize quran in original language of its Revelation( arabic ) but there are no bounding to memorizing quran in other language too but commonly people get wrong concept that one who's not familiar to arabic language can't understand quran properly and won't be rewarded equally if not memoriz it in arabic  Angry  Quran is a sourec of communication with Allah without the bounding of language only knowing arabic does not mean one can understand quran too.that's what i think

Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »

salamem

Quran is a sourec of communication with Allah without the bounding of language only knowing arabic does not mean one can understand quran too.that's what i think.

Exactly sis, spot on.  No doubt knowledge of Arabic language is a plus for a reader of the Noble Quran because the original Quran is in Arabic.  However, lack of knowledge of Arabic does not hinder our understanding of the Quran at all, as long as we are sincerely interested to follow it with a humble heart.  In all such cases, Allah Himself gives knowledge to those who reach out to Him, regardless of language.  This is my own personal experience.  Alhumdulilah.  After all, the Noble Quran is a Book of Guidance calling us from darkness unto Light.  It's not a test of language.  On the Day of Judgement our fate will be decided depending on the strength of our Faith and the righteousness of our conduct, not on how well we spoke or understood Arabic.  Unfortunately many folks don't realise this aspect, resulting in incorrect priorities. 
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 05:17:05 pm »

Thumbsup
Aoa sister heba correct i too don't get this concept of language superiority. Allah does not say any where in quran one must memorize in arabic.Allah does not want us to memorize Quran or Record it in our brain Only ! without understandings it a true guidance for believers .And one he/she Can only understand it better in the language they are prefect in that's why Allah revealed quran in arabic by the language of that time they spoke .Allah revelled quran in their language they may understand it better. But Allah says He guide whom he will and he know them who seek (his) Allah's guidance regardless language Allah does NOT say he would guide ONLY ARABIC Speakings or those who familiar to Arabic .

A guide and a reminder for men of understanding. 40:54

And lo! it is a guidance and a mercy for believers 27:77

Whereby Allah guideth him who seeketh His good pleasure unto paths of peace. He bringeth them out of darkness unto light by His decree, and guideth them unto a straight path.5:16

Lo! thou (O Muhammad) guidest not whom thou lovest, but Allah guideth whom He will. And He is Best Aware of those who walk aright.28:56
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:04:18 pm »

Salaam dear sisters.  Allah Almighty, The All-Powerful and All-Knowing knows the future.  When He revealed the Noble Quran He knew that the non-Arabic speakers would have no problem following it as long as they harbored a sincere heart.  Today the Noble Quran is translated in more than 300 languages with multiple translations of each language.  No one can say that they don't have access to the Quran because they don't understand Arabic.  Also, Allah took the responsibility of protecting the Quran from being changed and corrupted by human hands as they did to His former Scriptures.   Therefore, on the Day of Judgment no one will have an excuse for not knowing the Message of Allah and its principles.   We simply need to reach out to the Quran, read and follow it.  Unfortunately majority don't, and the Noble Quran will be a witness against them on the Day of Judgment. 

Learning the Quran by memory should definitely be done with its understanding.   However, one of the many benefits of learning the original Quran by memory is that its one of the methods that helps to protect the Quran from being changed by humans.  But Allah forbid, even if there comes a time when no one remembers the Quran by memory, Allah will still protect His Great Book forever because that's His promise in the Quran where He mentions that the Quran is in a "guarded tablet."

Lo! thou (O Muhammad) guidest not whom thou lovest, but Allah guideth whom He will. And He is Best Aware of those who walk aright.28:56

I always remember this verse when I'm talking to people and trying to explain to them the importance of Allah's guidance.  Some people understand so easily.  But some don't.  I know several people in my circle of relatives & friends who seem good people, yet there's a big gap between our friendship because they are secular minded who hardly speak of Allah and I don't feel compatible nor comfortable in their company.  I have tried so much to make them understand and now I've given up.  I think of this Verse 28:56, and I say to myself that when Allah Almighty didn't grant power to the Prophet (sw) to guide whoever he wishes, then how can we guide those whom Allah does not consider worthy of His guidance.  It's very true that Allah guides whom He wills because only He knows best who is worthy of His guidance.

I pray that those people who are now in darkness wake up before it's too late and make themselves worthy of His guidance. 

Thanks sisters Muslima and Heba for your very bright inputs.  Allah bless, ameen.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 03:53:34 am »

salamem

and  wsalam U are most welcome dear sister zeynab  Smiley u took right decisions don't waste ur time with those who don't want to understand !! complete answer direct from Quran. I always keep it in my mind Smiley

And they say: We believe in Allah and the messenger, and we obey; then after that a faction of them turn away. Such are not believers.24:47

Lo! We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture for mankind with truth. Then whosoever goeth right it is for his soul, and whosoever strayeth, strayeth only to its hurt. And thou art not a warder over them.39:41

And when thou seest those who meddle with Our revelations, withdraw from them until they meddle with another topic. And if the devil cause thee to forget, sit not, after the remembrance, with the congregation of wrong-doers.6:68

And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His Will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth ignominy upon those who believe not.6:125

Verily We have sent down revelations and explained them. Allah guideth whom He will unto a straight path.24:46
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:49 am »

Subhan'Allah, all praise be to YOU, oh Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: