Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 03:04:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The various images of Essa (Jesus), son of Virgin Mary.

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The various images of Essa (Jesus), son of Virgin Mary.  (Read 889 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:42:43 am »

BismEm

In movies and documentaries about the life of Essa son of Virgin Mary, a certain trend has been very consistent.  The role of Jesus is often played by the swashbuckling ones of Hollywood with blue eyes, blond hair, lily-white skin and chiseled features (usually an outcome of invasive plastic surgery procedures).  Although it’s next to impossible to confirm the actual appearance of Jesus, the modern day portrayal seems extremely unreal.  Jesus was not a Caucasian.  He belonged to the Arab world and was of Hebrew descent.  This make-belief philosophy of a blue-eyed, white skinned Jesus is somewhat similar to the various concocted images of Cleopatra in movies and documentaries.  For instance, in the 1960 production of 'Cleopatra,' the British-born Elizabeth Taylor who played the role of the Egyptian queen couldn’t have been a more inappropriate choice.     

In view of mixed marriages, migrations, climate changes etc., the appearances of indigenous people in many parts of the world gradually pass through stages, bringing changes over the period of several centuries.  In a television documentary presented some six years ago about the physical appearance of Jesus, a group of researchers and archaeologists worked on a project that was unusually interesting.  At a Lebanese university, some Western and local historians created a computer image of Jesus based on some very authentic findings.  Before they set out to create this image, they conducted an extensive research to compile all relevant data concerning the environment and people of Palestine some 2,000 years ago.  This consisted of imagings to recreate the biblical world as accurately as possible in which Jesus lived, including the ancient cities of Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth.  Basing the animation and re-enactments set in Israel and Palestine on the latest archaeological finds, forensics, art studies and scrutiny of ancient texts, the researchers tried to portray a realistic scenario (as far as possible) of the era's customs, landscape, housing and synagogues.  They gathered as many standard facts as they could on people of Hebrew descent between the ages of 30 and 40 of that period.  These details included color of skin, color of hair and eyes, texture of the hair, height, structure and facial features.  On the basis of this collective information, the researchers completed the computer image of Jesus and displayed it to viewers.  This image couldn’t have been more different from the leading men of Hollywood who have been playing the role of Jesus in so many movies thus far.  It showed Jesus with a nice and neat appearance, much like a young Egyptian man with a very brown skin, black eyes, black curly hair and somewhat large (or heavy) features.  According to the findings, it is surmised that most probably Prophet Essa was of average height. 

This is the computer developed image of
Essa son of Virgin Maryam based on a
detailed historical analysis 

Wouldn’t it seem more down-to-earth if the movie makers of today were a little more appreciative of such realities?  For them it’s simply a matter of separating history from drama for the purpose of a box-office hit and discreet racism.  In fact, Prophet Essa's fictitious image of a Caucasian is turning into  a celebrity movie or rock star.  The entertainment media has been carving a variety of visual images of Essa, giving him a new identity in every phase of the modern era.  According to a professor of the History of Christianity in Ontario, whenever "Jesus" gets a new image by the entertainment media, “his image is aligned to suit the times.  For example, during the 1960 anti-war movement, Jesus was portrayed as a pacifist (Jesus Christ Superstar)."  Later, in the violent culture of the early 21st century, Mel Gibson (perhaps inadvertently) depicts the "brutal side of American life."   

Analysts are of the opinion that one of the important reasons for Prophet Essa's growing celebrity status is the peoples’ curiosity about his personal life as a human being .. a desire that is leading to too many offensive lies and very little truth.  A couple of glaring examples that come to mind are Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci Code” and Michael Baigent’s  “The Jesus Papers.”  Spiritual anarchism has been a steady trend taking long strides since the late 20th century.  For these trendsetters, it’s not just the satisfaction of getting famous by riding on the coattails of controversy; additionally it’s also a meaningless desire fiddling with conscientious minds and teasing their faith by making them discern and challenge their accepted ideologies.  Despite those reviews discreetly in support of such theories, there’s never been any grand principle behind them.  But these campaigns have never worked to alter the beliefs of people.  After all, people remain who they are.  Yet the restive and intrusive culture of spiritual anarchists keeps popping up its head periodically in every generation.

Moreover, even the very name of Prophet Essa has been distorted.  According to some illogical rules of English, any Arabic proper noun that's spelled with the English letters 'y' or 'e' becomes 'j' in English.   Yet further falsehood giving him the title "Christ."   Christ means "the anointed."  Literally, anointing refers to the ritual act of pouring aromatic oil over a person's head or entire body for purposes of purification.  How pouring of oil or perfume can purify a person spiritually and ethically is never explained by the storytellers.  With the same connotation, the altered Christian Bibles (which is nowadays fully changed and man-written) refer to Prophet Essa (son of Maryam) as "the anointed'" or "christ."  Prophet Essa (son of Maryam) was one of the messengers chosen by Allah Almighty which The Almighty has confirmed in His final, original and unchanged Divine Message, the Noble Quran.   Prophet Essa (son of Maryam) (nor any of Prophets for that matter) needed anything ceremonies carried out by humans such as 'anointing' etc. to purify them.   To conceal their embarrassment, Christian sources are now claiming that the title "christ" came from the Jewish concept of messiah.  Actually the word "christ" comes from the Greek word "christós" which means "anointed one."  This phony concept was shown by enactments in older orthodox Christian documentaries where anointing has been shown as a religious ceremony carried out on Prophet Essa (son of Maryam) by other people .. and as usual, with some white man with blond hair acting as Prophet Essa (son of Maryam).

All of these silly LIES should stop and people need to be focused on the truth instead.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 06:12:15 pm »

BismEm

The role of Jesus is often played by the swashbuckling ones of Hollywood with blue eyes, blond hair, lily-white skin and chiseled features ... Jesus was not a Caucasian.  He belonged to the Arab world and was of Hebrew descent ... in the 1960 production of 'Cleopatra,' the British-born Elizabeth Taylor who played the role of the Egyptian queen couldn’t have been a more inappropriate choice.  Certainly, a Middle-eastern or South Asian woman would fit into this role a lot better. 

LOL !!  u got the words out of my mouth  teethsmile  it's a feeling u can read that says "we're whites so our prophet got to be white too"  lol

btw i don't know if u saw the 1999 production of the movie cleopatra.  i think it was only a tv adaption.  actually i liked it much more than the full screen 1960 production u mentioned.  in that the part of the egyptian queen was played by an olive skinned latin american lady.  seemed more apt.  Check the details at Cleopatra 1999 (Wikipedia)

At a Lebanese university, some Western and local historians created a computer image of Jesus based on some very authentic findings ... On the basis of this collective information, the researchers completed the computer image of Prophet Essa (son of Maryam) and displayed it on television.  This image couldn’t have been more different from the leading men of Hollywood .... as a great effort to highlight a truth that had until now been kept hidden.   

i do recall i saw this film.  very interesting one indeed.  though such presentations r always aired more than once, this one wasn't.  the answer for that has i think been provided by u already - "a truth .. kept hidden."  i think they wanna keep it hidden laugh

I guess for them it’s simply a matter of separating history from drama for the purpose of a box-office hit. 

yeah of course it's all about money.  the entire entertainment media revolves around money not quality.  a few days ago there was a feature report on the agony suffered by thin models.  the modelling industry put so much importance on hiring skinny models and most of these women and girls feel pressured becoz of their workplace demands.  many suffer from anorexia.  a few have even died of complications from anorexia.  one designer spoke saying they wouldn't mind hiring larger or even large models if they attract crowds and help in promoting their products.  but since the industry is quite sure the public won't like that as much, so they hire slim ladies and turn them into skeletons .. lol.  what the heck is happening to this world!

it’s not just the satisfaction of getting famous by riding on the coattails of controversy, but it’s a meaningless desire for fiddling with conscientious minds and trying to tease their faith by making them discern and challenge their own accepted ideologies ...   such campaigns have never worked to alter the beliefs of people. 

i suppose everyone has gotten used to such a trend from non-muslims but the troubling part is that now it's also happening between Muslims.   Sad

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 02:55:24 am »

btw i don't know if u saw the 1999 production of the movie cleopatra.  i think it was only a tv adaption.  actually i liked it much more than the full screen 1960 production u mentioned.  in that the part of the egyptian queen was played by an olive skinned latin american lady.  seemed more apt. 

yes i saw it, but unfortunately only the first half, uptil ceasar's death.  it's a very good film, better than the 1960 production.  and yes, the actress is a lot better suited for the role.

yeah of course it's all about money.  the entire entertainment media revolves around money not quality.  a few days ago there was a feature report on the agony suffered by thin models.  the modelling industry put so much importance on hiring skinny models and most of these women and girls feel pressured becoz of their workplace demands.  many suffer from anorexia.  a few have even died of complications from anorexia.  one designer spoke saying they wouldn't mind hiring larger or even large models if they attract crowds and help in promoting their products.  but since the industry is quite sure the public won't like that as much, so they hire slim ladies and turn them into skeletons .. lol.  what the heck is happening to this world!

hmmm, i watched that feature report too.  anyone who puts on 2 pounds feels guilty that they aren't doing their job well.  i too don't know what's happening to this world, brother  Cheesy

i suppose everyone has gotten used to such a trend from non-muslims but the troubling part is that now it's also happening between Muslims.   Sad

absolutely, couldn't agree more.

Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:49 am »

Great article, Sister Zeynab.  I'll send this around to my list of email buddies.  I was just now talkin about this to my husband and he says he remembers seeing a documentary on this shown few years ago. Unfortunately I don't recall seeing it.  

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:03 pm »

is this the computer image of Jesus (son of Mary) constructed after collecting the historical data of his race?  phooof!!!!  how amazing!  indeed it couldn't be more different from the Western depiction of his image.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 11:51:42 pm »

yeah brother, that's exactly what it is  Smiley  ...... a more realistic image of Jesus son of Mary.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 06:47:12 pm »

hmmmm, very very interesting indeed.  this also proves that the changes the christians have contrived to describe the face of Jesus over the centuries even beat the imagination of the hadith writers in cooking up their bizarre narrations.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 03:04:44 pm »

We had a lengthy Zoom discussion on this topic recently, and I again re-sent this to some friends who weren't on our email list earlier.   Everyone really appreciated it.  Alhumdulilah, truth always wins.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: