Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 18, 2024, 10:48:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The curse of Allah that turned some sinners into apes and swines

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The curse of Allah that turned some sinners into apes and swines  (Read 658 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:47:08 am »

BismEm

As-Salam Alaykum everyone.  I need some feedback for a slightly detailed interpretation of Verse 5:60 of Surah Al-Maidah.  I quote the Verse.

"Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah ? (Worse is the case of him) whom Allah hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen and of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road."  (5:60)

I would like to know that does the curse of Allah turning these sinful people into apes and swine literal or is it an expression of Divine contempt for the violators?

A thoughtful response would be much appreciated as we will be taking up this Verse as one of our topics of discussion the following weekend. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:34:17 am »

Walaikum Salaam, dear brother ts.  Nice to see you after quite a long time.  I pray you and your family are well.  I'm glad to know that your weekly discussions with your team of friends is regularly taking place.  Mash'Allah.

Verse 5:60 will surely be a very interesting topic for discussion, Alhumdulilah.

We all know for sure that Allah, The Exalted, is All-Powerful and is able to do all things.  If He wants to make a certain thing happen, He only says "Be" and it is (Kun Faya Kun).  Thus, if Allah is angry with someone, His anger and curse can also have a lot of power and indeed it can change the outward appearances of humans and everything else.  Whether or not our limited imagination is able to comprehend it, surely every decision made by Allah contains reason, justice and wisdom.   That's definite.

Concerning Verse 5:60 (as I understand it), I do not think the meaning is literal.  Allah is mentioning about a specific society of polythiests in some era of history.  Their disbelief and disobedience had crossed all bounds.  Because of their stubbornness in practicing idolatry and their improper conduct, they were guilty of unforgivable sins.  They ended up earning the wrath and curse of Allah.  Of course only Allah knows best, but as per my perception, when Allah says that he turned some of them into "apes" and "swine," the reference is that they were completely refused Allah's guidance which made them sink deeper and deeper into total ignorance, to the extent that their level of perception could be compared with the lower beings like apes and swines.

However, this does not mean that apes and swine are disobedient or evil. Allah has not ordained any such thing as "disobedience" or "evil" in animals.   If an ape or swine or any other animal has limited insight or low intelligence compared to humans, they are not blameworthy because that's the way Allah has created them. But if humans, despite being given a superior mind, act ignorant and unresponsive, that is a serious lapse on their part for which they are responsible and answerable to Allah.

It means that when humans become too ignorant and are subsequently denied Allah's guidance, it's a result of their own arrogance and rejection of Faith.  Such people outwardly make themselves appear no different from animals who are given weaker intelligence than humans.  And of course, these sinful disbelievers will surely be held accountable in the Hereafter.

The same phenomenon is also mentioned in Verses 2:65-66 and 7:166.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:13 am »

Several of these secularists, atheists and right-wing Christian Zionists who are perpetually burning in frustration but pretend to be symbols of "love" are very loud critics of this Verse.  Their empty heads and sinful hearts are too afraid to think of the truth that just as Allah's mercy is unlimited, His wrath is also severe at those repugnant sinners.  They are so arrogant that they think they have the right to question Allah Almighty for His wrath on His disobedient creatures.  I once watched that rude, shameless and lowly kafir, Wafa Sultan, critisizing this Verse as if she her moronic head has the authority and insight to make all decisions.

You have interpreted this Verse so well sister zeynab that it makes plenty of sense to me too when you say that the reference of turning some into apes and swine is not literal.  Though even if it is literal, we accept it just as well because Allah is Doer of what He will.  Whatever decision He takes to punish or reward His creatures, it's absolutely none of our business .... let alone acting like His critics.   Curse of Allah be on these obnoxious secularists, atheists and hardline chrisitain zions.  When it comes to accepting the Monotheistic Divne Power, all of these people are similar rebels.  But they will learn their lesson when the chain of 70 cubits (as confirmed in the Quran) is wrapped around them on the Day of Judgment and they are dragged straight to Hell!  I don't have a shred of sympathy for these buggers - proud, arrogant and boastful to the core - and they have the audacity to talk of "love."  Surely no creature has mastered the scourge of hypocrisy as skillfully as humans.   

Now here's an interesting point I would like to add.  Animals have a lower mind compared to humans, and yes, they are not answerable for their deeds either.  However, in another verse (which I cannot recall at the moment) the Quran has also made it clear that animals, in their own way, are aware of the existence of Allah and are obedient to Him.  I will put up that verse  when I find it, InshAllah.  It says that all creatures praise Allah, but we humans cannot understand their praise because we do not follow their languages. But Allah does understand their speech and He also knows what's in their minds.

Animal psychologists have also said that animals are fully aware of death, especially when they are seriously or terminally ill, they know that they are close to death.  Even when they see some other animal or human being dying, they understand it exactly.  It is also true that animals can predict natural disasters through their insight and intuition, disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis etc.  This is a God given gift in them.  When they sense a forthcoming danger, they are well aware that it's coming with the knowledge of Allah Almighty.  For that reason the animals in the wild make their best efforts to take refuge in safe places.  Allah has also granted them the instinct to know how to defend themselves from such dangers and where to seek safety. 

Praise be to Allah, The Exalted.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 05:19:08 am »

Thank u very much sister Zeynab for your superb input and your additional feedback was helpful too, as always, sister Heba.  I like the candid aspect of both comments.  Confusion arises when people try to hide matters.  But when we trust our perception and put it plainly on the table,  realism makes it simple to understand the truth.  Only those quarrel who are opposed to the truth. I will surely, Insh'Allah, print a copy of this thread and take it with me for the discussion.  Thanks again sisters for the quick response.
As-Salam Alaykum.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:53:57 pm »

u r very welcomed brother.  Yes, being honest and open always provides the best answers.  Some people might not appreciate truth and honesty, but that's their problem. 

I hope your discussion schedule goes well during the weekend, brother Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »

Thank Allah Almighty I found this topic at MV.   While only Allah knows best, I too always felt the words indicate the depth of Allah's anger on the stubbornly disobedient ones, those who have been abandoned by the Divine Power and who can never hope for the best Gift - Divine Guidance.  That's far more unfortunate and a much greater loss than even if they were physically turned into apes and pigs.   The other day a hadithiser sister at our Islamic community center racked her brain, arguing and arguing, that those people were physically turned in apes and pigs.    I said "only Allah knows the confirmed answer" over and over again.  She wouldn't accept that with satisfaction either though she couldn't cite any Quranic information to confirm that the curse was physical.

Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 07:33:38 pm »

hmmm .....  most of my colleagues here also quite adamantly assume the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: