Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 18, 2024, 11:02:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Tree of knowledge of good and evil" - another Bible misinterpretation

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Tree of knowledge of good and evil" - another Bible misinterpretation  (Read 864 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 24, 2011, 06:28:26 am »

With reference to our thread / post Why do Christians and Jews presume that Adam and Eve ate an apple?, you can see that there are several differences between the Noble Quran and the altered bible concerning the incident of Adam and Eve.

Another major difference between the Quran and the bible is regarding the tree.  Although the bible claims that the fruit was an "apple," but it refers to the tree as the "tree of knowledge of good and evil."  This is NOT an appropriate definition for that tree at all and I'll explain why.   

In fact the concept of expressing it as the "tree of knowledge" distinguishing "good" from "evil" is a discreet attempt to misinterpret the will of God Almighty. 

As per the true incident given in the Noble Quran, satan whispered to Adam and Eve persuading them to eat of the forbidden tree.  To succeed in tempting them, satan lied saying that Allah forbade them to eat of that tree "lest ye should become angels or become of the immortals."  This was satan's guile.  It was NOT the actual reason why Allah forbade them to eat from that tree.  The 'product' of that tree was harmful because it made Adam and Eve aware of their nakedness.  This means, it was a source of igniting lower desires which is a negative aspect of human nature not to be found in the dwellers of Paradise.  This was the reason why Allah told them to stay away from that tree.

It also proves that there is absolutely no concept of any vulgarity or immorality in Paradise as is common among humans on earth.  Companionship in Paradise is clean, dignified and lust-free.  Thus, it was to maintain the perfection of Heavenly atmosphere that Allah ordered Adam and Eve not to eat from that tree.  Allah always wants the best for His slaves.  He forbids us only from doing things that are lewd, improper and hurtful for us. 

If it was really the "tree of knowledge" which could help Adam and Eve to distinguish good from evil, then why would Allah forbid it to them?   Being able to differentiate between good and evil is a positive gesture, not a negative one.  But Allah knew that the food of that tree would only rob the dwellers of Paradise of their innocence.  And indeed, Adam and Eve lost their innocence after being misled by Satan and eating from that tree.  The feeling of suddenly experiencing embarrassment of their bodies without clothes was the indication of it.  Thus, nakedness became a sign of indecency in humans. 

That was a fall from grace to disgrace and Adam and Eve's expulsion from Paradise was the penalty of their disobedience.  But at the same time, unlike Christiantiy, the concept of "original sin" is not upheld by the Noble Quran because when Adam and Eve asked forgivness of Allah, He forgave them.  Their only penalty was to be sent to earth from Paradise.  Thus, earth became the temporary abode for all humans (descendents of Adam and Eve) as a test for them.

Unlike humans, there's no concept of nakedness in animals.  Animals don't wear clothes, yet there's no such thing as a "naked animal" nor is it supposed to be indecent for animals not to wear clothes.  Of course, people might cover their pets with sweaters or blankets in winter, but that's a different issue.  The purpose is only to protect them from the cold.  It's not the same as humans wearing clothes for whom it's a moral necessity and obligation at all times.  But before Adam and Eve were deceived and lived happily in Paradise, their unclothed bodies had the same aspect of innocence as that of animals.  While animals have still mantained that innocence, humans have lost it.

-------------
Also please read our post:

Hadith on Adam and Eve compatible with Bible, NOT with the Noble Quran

Sister Zeynab
April 2011

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:50:55 am »

Many thanks sis.  I had read this some months back when you sent it to me on email, and your perception really makes sense.  
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:11:31 am »

hummm ,, very correctly perceived.  It's interesting to read how you have analysed it to expose the bible discrepancy.

and yes, good idea to link these 2 posts.  the topics are connected.
Report Spam   Logged

sara123

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 03:49:38 pm »

well my views r different about love in heaven also in barzakh life.i change time to time in the case of liking someone Smiley but i love my birds very much i want them in heaven my family my grand ma father mother brother sisters and a partner(i change my view in that partner case time to time)
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 04:04:43 am »

What we do know for sure is that love in Jannah is pure and clean, and free of lust and lewdness as earthly love is often defined. 

Dear sister Sara Smiley  may Allah Almighty grant Jannah to all the loved ones of your family and grant you a good companion there, ameen .. ameen.  And may Allah Almighty also grant Jannah to your birds.  Animals and birds are innocent, they only obey Allah and are not into disobedience at all.  So, for animals it's only forgivness in the Hereafter.

As for the topic of Barzakh, sister be careful of what you accept.  Barzakh is a topic which has largely arisen from the concepts put forth in Hadith narrations with very little or no conformity with the Noble Quran.  I would refer you to our specific post on Barzakh which will inform you of the complete details of this topic.  Please go through it carefully and feel welcomed to put your questions there.

Barzakh
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=618.0
Report Spam   Logged

sara123

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:28:08 pm »

Salaam
sister Barzakh is a place where we stay till the day of qayamat.which ve its own life which is not like this life wordly nor like the heaven life .its ve in the middle world(life) and Allah knows the best.
Report Spam   Logged
sara123

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 02:39:25 pm »

What we do know for sure is that love in Jannah is pure and clean, and free of lust and lewdness as earthly love is often defined. 

i ve my own thinking and views and what i want from Allah .Allah knows and i respect ur thinking but u cant put that views on other or try to convince because every one ve his or her own desires and wishes thinking which he or she wants to fulfil and i am free about my thinking whats ur thinking about love in heaven i am really sorry i dont accept it and u dont accept mine  i m not trying to convince u.so leave this topic  i want my partner in heaven and in Barzakh from Allah .and this is my and Allah Matter.i hope u dont mind it .
Regards
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:43:02 pm »

Salaam
sister Barzakh is a place where we stay till the day of qayamat.which ve its own life which is not like this life wordly nor like the heaven life .its ve in the middle world(life) and Allah knows the best.

Whether there is a "middle life" or not, only Allah knows best.  And Allah does not confirm anything by the name of "barzakh" in the Quran.  So we cannot say that barzakh exists just to please those who might want to hear about it.  We fear Allah too much to confirm anything which He has not confirmed in the His Final Message.

Can you please quote any specific references from the Quran which clearly assert that 'Barzakh' is the name of the transitory period between death and Resurrection along with the description of life in a place called "Barzakh" in the same way as many ahadith write on Barzakh?

Before giving a sweeping comment, you should at least read the link which sister Heba referred to.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »

i ve my own thinking and views and what i want from Allah .Allah knows and i respect ur thinking but u cant put that views on other or try to convince because every one ve his or her own desires and wishes thinking which he or she wants to fulfil and i am free about my thinking whats ur thinking about love in heaven i am really sorry i dont accept it and u dont accept mine  i m not trying to convince u.so leave this topic  i want my partner in heaven and in Barzakh from Allah .and this is my and Allah Matter.i hope u dont mind it .
Regards

Walaikum Salaam Sister Sara.  I am NOT tryng to put my views nor did I say that you are not free to think the way you like.  In fact it's the other way round.  You are one who is taking away my freedom of expressing my views by dissing me.  Please fear Allah, be a little more cool and there's no need to come up with such crappy & baseless accusations only because you disagree.  Just as you expressed your views, I expressed mine.  My view is that relationships in Jannah are not like on earth.  We don't know the details about man-woman relationships in Jannah, but the basic knowledge we derive from the Noble Quran is that physical intimacy is not lustful or vulgar as on earth.  We are not entitled to fantasize a hollywood-style romance in Paradise.  Ignorant people have misinterpreted this aspect much.  All that nonsense about 72 huris entertianing men and some artisits have also painted pictures on wikipedia of naked women in Jannah.   Allah Almighty will deal with them for such lies & guessworks.  Here at MV we do not indulge in such improper fantasies and figments of the imagination for which Allah has given us NO warrant.   

I am a young mother and I've got small children at home.  As a mother I can NEVER even think of teaching my kids to presume that sex life with partners in Paradise will be the same as on earth.  Taubah and AstaghfarAllah.   If you want to think that way, go ahead by all means, but please don't bring up that sort of bullshit here. 

If you prefer not to hear the views of others, that's fine but then you should also not put your own views.  If I agree with your comment, I will say I agree.  If I disagree with it, I will say I disagree and give the reasons why.  Everyone who desires to join us is entitled to respectful interaction otherwise there's no point in joining.  If you misconstrue this as trying to "convince" you, then that's your problem and in that case you shouldn't comment nor ask questions.  But we cannot allow ideas which we see as un-Quranic to spread across the forum without correcting them with Quranic views.  Of course you don't have to accept our corrections if you don't want to.  But we have to do our job otherwise it negates the purpose of our website, it could convey wrong ideas to our guest readers and thus waste our efforts to keep this place neat.

Hope you understand.

From my side this matter is closed and I won't respond to this thread any further.  Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 11:29:40 pm »

There's no such place named barzak in the Quran.  This idea has arisen from the Ahadith concerning punishments in the grave.  And again, there's no such thing as punishments in the grave in the Quran.  Reward & punishment will be on the Day of Judgment. 

You can check the topic Blessings and favours of Barzak at Darul Uloom Ilahiya website and here you will find tons of Hadiths on punishments in graves connected with ideas of Barzak.  But I don't see any references to the Quran. 

And to reinforce correct information accurately in accordance with the Quran, check our posts:

Hadith on punishments in the grave

Barzakh

Waiting for the Day of Judgment
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:05 am »

Many thanks for the discussion sisters.  Any further posts on Barzak, please post them on Barzakh thread, the link of which has been provided by Heba.  This thread is about the "tree of knowledge" and the conversation seems to be going off-topic.  Thanks again.
Report Spam   Logged

sara123

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »

salaam sister heba
i also said leave that matter .i ve my own views i cant change it
peace.
Report Spam   Logged
sara123

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 04:22:58 pm »

Salaam

Whether there is a "middle life" or not, only Allah knows best.  And Allah does not confirm anything by the name of "barzakh" in the Quran.  So we cannot say that barzakh exists just to please those who might want to hear about it.  We fear Allah too much to confirm anything which He has not confirmed in the His Final Message.

Can you please quote any specific references from the Quran which clearly assert that 'Barzakh' is the name of the transitory period between death and Resurrection along with the description of life in a place called "Barzakh" in the same way as many ahadith write on Barzakh?

Before giving a sweeping comment, you should at least read the link which sister Heba referred to.

excuse me sister barzakh word use in Quran and i told u many times i never open or read hadiths and what i said about barzakh i also saying Allah knows the best i am reading Quran i am in the start chapters.
Regards
Report Spam   Logged
sara123

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 05:26:09 pm »

sorry my english is not good so i try to explain  barzakh word use in Quran for sure but its in the middle stage not like this world or upper world and what is that Allah Knows the best that what i am trying to say
and zanaib try to show some tolerance and patience to other and other views if u dont like them dont start to insult i felt u insult me this is ur forum if u want to delete the comments which u dont like i respect ur views but u also try to respect other views (we ) doesnot mean all muslims agree with u.

Before giving a sweeping comment, you should at least read the link which sister Heba referred to. [/size] [/font]
[/quote]

Report Spam   Logged
sara123

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 05:36:45 pm »

Hope you understand.
i undertsand and i dont mind my father has views like u, and all Christians ve views like u, which u ve ,people ve different views and i am not try to dirty ur forum i only said my views r different u start explainin me then problem start and u r married good for u i am not married very good for me i am happy and i dont wanna marry in the life my views r different in that case also Smiley
Regards

From my side this matter is closed and I won't respond to this thread any further.  Thank you.
[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: