Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 11:54:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The story of media bias

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The story of media bias  (Read 955 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:09:33 pm »

Total destruction of the tolerant values of the founding fathers of America.
Please take the time to watch this 6-minutes video from start to finish. It's worth it.

The 10 DAY manhunt for a known terrorist ignored by mainstream media or MSM

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

patricia

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:20:48 am »

As Muslims we all know this.  The Bias will continue though we bring it to their attention.  I shared it on facebook.  It is really a nice piece.  

I was watching a movie the other day when a restaurant owner told the customer the meal of the day was pork chops to which she replied she did not want to eat pork chops. The restaurant owner replied, 'what are you religious?'

It surprised me to hear that. Then I realized it. They know. They know the truth as sure as we do. They just refuse the truth. How sad for them. How sad.

The real terrorists are not Osama. Osama just made them mad when he said USA deserved what they got.  From that point on, he was the person behind the terrorists. I am only imagining their surprise to see the fighting still as strong as ever.

Maybe some will face the truth.

You know they told us they killed Jesus also. Hung him on the cross they said. But, they did not.

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 02:59:01 am »

The media has become the chief weapon of the present world order (post WW2).  It's job is to brainwash the people viz. Americans and West Europeans, and to distract them from the sordid repercussions of US foreign policies involving unconditional favors to the Zionist state at the cost of the American people.  This distraction is carried out by the media through political propaganda and excessive coverage of unnecessary stories i.e. celebrities, glamor & glitz while innocent people continue to die in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.  Not to mention, the new partner-in-crime of US/EU/zions is India which has also turned into an expert killer by forcible occupation of Kashmir and complete refusal to hold a peoples' referendum.  Few people know about it because as usual the corporate media won't cover it.

With so much of international dirty politics being rampant, the  mainstream media is badly needed to play its role of lies, propaganda and distraction.  Since the post 9/11 era, the term "terrorist" has been reserved only for Muslims.  If a non-Muslim carries out an act of violence, no matter how destructive, it's labelled as "nationalism."  Similarly, stories of violence against women are so often trumpeted as happening in Muslim countries only primarily to downplay that fact that statistics has shown time & again that the number of battered women & wives are actually far more in North America, Western Europe, Russia, Far-East and sub-Saharan Africa.  The mainstream media might portray a Muslim man having 2 wives to make people gasp, but conveniently ignores the social destruction & degradation that's been caused by the non-Muslim culture of a man having co-mistresses and all sorts of immoralities & social promiscuity as acceptable norms.   One can go on and on with such discriminatory stories which the mainstream media has been entrusted to perform by the new world order.  The manipulation, guile and injustice involved in such an attitude is truly depressing.  For that reason I've almost given up watching channels such as CNN, Fox, BBC, CBC etc. ....  just lies, lies and lies filled with distortions, manipulations with only one side of every story. 

One can only derive some comfort from the fact that nothing in this temporary world lasts forever. Even the Roman Empire collapsed after 600 years.  While that maybe a very long time for we humans, in the ordinance of Allah, The Exalted, it's a very short duration. 

Many thanks for this posting this viedo, sister Heba.  And sister Patricia, your comments were so wise & illuminating.  I couldn't agree with u more.  May Allah bless u, dear sisters. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:38 am »

Very true sis.

The mainstream media might portray a Muslim man having 2 wives to make people gasp, but conveniently ignores the social destruction & degradation that's been caused by the non-Muslim culture of a man having co-mistresses and all sorts of immoralities & social promiscuity as acceptable norms.   

Yes .... and this reminds me .. in non-Muslim countries a man not being allowed to have more than one wife by the court is considered as protection of the rights of his existing first wife.  But these courts do not prohibit a married man from having as many girlfriends or mistresses he might want, squander as much money on them as he likes and have as nice a time as he pleases.  If a wife complains at a court of law that her husband has another woman at his workplace and yet another one at the gym, the court won't chastise the cheating husband nor compensate the wife.  And such happenings aren't at all unusual in non-Muslim communities.  So, if a woman gets married to a man who finds it hard to be monogamous, her rights are violated far more by non-Muslim courts.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 04:15:40 am »

True, that's very valid point sister Heba.
Report Spam   Logged

patricia

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 10:28:41 am »

Well, speaking of women here in USA and their complaints. They constantly complain about having to work because their husband will not support them. And most of them(the men) do not support the family. The women do. However, if you take a closer look the women are actually happy to work. It is truly what they want. They just do not want the world to understand this. They actually raise their boys to not support the family.  And also, honestly they are happy the courts do not reprimand when the husbands cheat.  They call this freedom. The freedom to take care of the situation themselves. Divorce. They just do not want anyone to understand this.

In fact, I have been "warned" by them to keep my mouth shut. As if I am afraid of them.

Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:07 pm »

Yes, that is the outward picture and it's fraught with problems within which, as you rightly mentioned, they don't want the world to know.  The pressure a woman secretly endures when the husband is a louse can be enormous.  The fact that they try to twist it around the other way to show that they can survive on their own (the  macho woman interpretation of "freedom") is unfortunately not known to resolve many of the problems they face.  In any case, marriage is not supposed to be a show of independence for the wives nor do they need to feel embarrassed if they live on their husbands' income.  For a Muslim husband, it's obligatory to share with his wife whatever he has.  To be married and yet be financially independent of each other would mean the spouses aren't sharing their lives to the fullest which every loving couple would want to.  I've also been told about their complacency in the face of their husbands' infidelity, and if he has sizable assets, it becomes a perfect scenario to rip him off and get rich through a divorce.  Not that these women are then able to achieve the happiness they want .. money alone helps nothing.  But it's this complacency that surprises me still more .... why so much finger pointing at a co-wife when their own husbands seek peace in the arms of mistresses right under their noses?
Report Spam   Logged

patricia

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »

why so much finger pointing at a co-wife when their own husbands seek peace in the arms of mistresses right under their noses?

Why?    I am astonished when I am told it is completely different to have a 2nd wife then to have a mistress? 

There is a lot of money spent in this country (USA) "waking up" the women who tolerate this way of life. Why? We all are quite aware that she already knows. It is the men who need to "own up' if you ask me. However, we all already know when a man is going to have two women he will do it. The women who "pretends" complacency usually only want to keep the marriage. If she wakes up then by the rules of society, who will certainly abash her for accepting this, she would have to give up that marriage. Sooner or later that will happen anyway of course.
And if the man owns up he has to make a choice.  Usually I have seen the choice given a bit of time comes down to the same exact situation again.

In reality if you take a closer look. The only winning solution when a man wants two is the "lawful" ability to have two wives. 

Or a "good" man.  A decent man. Who would marry for any other reason than sex.  Say, for instance to help the orphaned.   He may marry in this instance without any sexual activity with the second wife.

Now, you tell me where this man is?  For, I believe he no longer exists. Or he is so few that he is hidden so deeply society is unaware.

However, am I missing your point?   Are you referring to their shaking the finger at the women who accepts this life or them man who have the two wives?

And I can see that you have the belief  when a man strays it is the fault of the women who cannot keep him satisfied.  That is the belief of every single woman I have encountered that has "taken" another's husband.   Maybe it is true "sometimes."  However, I do not believe it is ever true. Allah knows better than me.

The Quran is quite clear that when a man/women can control their sexual desires they have indeed gained some great knowledge.

I beg your pardon. You will have to explain in detail how it is a woman who causes a man to stray.  Not one who is close to his God she won't!
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:02:12 am »

I'm not sure if u r missing my point or I'm missing yours.  I guess u r missing mine.  First off, I never implied that it's the woman's weakness that causes a man to stray.  That's a very subjective issue and every case has its own pecularities.   Mostly, it's the man's nature .. his inherent tendencies and every man isn't the same.  There are many men who are completely happy with a monogamous marriage .. but some aren't.  It could involve several issues but I won't go into them as those weren't my point.

Secondly, I'm neither referring to the women who accept to become a 2nd wife nor to the men who decide to take a 2nd wife.  I'm least interested in the gender war.  I'm simply referring to the institution of polygamous marriages (which involves both men & women obviously) compared to the culture of polygamous relationships out of wedlock.   

My point was that polygamous marriage which a small number of Muslim men have is generally looked upon as a moral violation by non-Muslim communities despite the fact that promiscuity and permissiveness are a lot more widespread in non-Muslim societies.  There are no doubts about that.  Having 2 wives or 2 mistresses?  In the West it's fine to have the latter, not the former.  Having polygamous relationships without a binding document is fine but a polygamous marriage with a document spelling out the rights & entitlements of the wives is not fine. Obviously the men prefer mistresses to wives because their financial obligations are less (or none in some communities) toward mistresses whenever they split.  Thus, the harsh western judgmentalism toward polygamous marriage displays the concept of not just double standards but also ignoring morals for the sake of convenience and being dismissive of the institution of marriage which underscores the necessity that a relationship between a man & woman must be solemnized sacredly with dignity and not loosely.   The institution of marriage has been contorted to such an extent that even among those couples who do decide to marry legally, they first live together and have kids and then get married.  Some simply move on from one "common law" relationship to another. And yet such folks conservatively grimace on the topic of a polygamous marriage.  That's weird.  I think it's just one of the ways adopted by Western critics to lash out at a culture that's not theirs, and in the process they make their own values sound awfully contradictory.  This was my point. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 01:39:37 am »

I think what sister Heba means is that in a society (as in the West presently) where physical intimacy with multiple partners out of wedlock is rife, who are such people to point a critical finger at something like polygamy?  I get your point Heba.  Such an attitude is clearly a contradiction of their own liberal values.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 01:44:09 am »

Yes Zeynab, spot on.  This is what I meant.  Thanks for wrapping it up with a very precise summary. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 02:51:43 am »

This thread seems to be going a bit off-topic, so I'll close it here.   If anyone of you wish to continue the discussion, please put it up as a separate topic either at the Coffee Table board or at the Miscellaneous board of Islamic issues.  Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: