Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 19, 2024, 05:40:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How sad the majority is...

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How sad the majority is...  (Read 305 times)
MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:26:09 am »

I reflect on the pity, every damn day, sorry for the language but it pisses me off, and people really defend hadith in honour?!

Like this: http://www.suhaibwebb.com/ummah/women/questioning-the-hadith/comment-page-1/#comment-37404

This lady is starting to realize and question hadith, and people, no bafoons, do everything to say "It's okay Sister". No the hell it ain't! Damnit! It's so sad and when I converted I never realized I would feel alone in this world after feeling the greatest in life taking the huge step... May Allah bring understanding to the sister who questioned the hadith on the link posted and everyone else in the same position.

And it's funny, the first comment from number 1 idiot says "Unfortunately it is all too common to find people who prefer their own judgement (with concomitant prejudice and ignorance) over the clear text that has come down to us from Quran and authentic Sunnah, which leads to them handpicking which parts of it they want to believe in."

Well when I started studying hadith it was hard to accept the prophet pbuh after hearing from hadithists that he was the greatest, most humble, kind, loving person, yet he calls an Ethiopian a raisin head?! Hard to swallow and ignore since I am mixed with African blood, raised by my African American grandparents who had to come up in a USA when prejudicy ran rampant with lynchings and a whole bunch of shit, yet they are able to overcome that and raise me up like a SOLID MAN! And I can't accept a prophet who would say racist things... Or I can take the approach and say hadith are complete bullshit and truly realize that the prophets name has been slandered and yes, he was the greatest, most humble, kind, loving person. And so I did that. And I can say women having the difficulty to accept hadith putting women down...
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:28:20 am »

This link is playing the same old music which Hadith advocates do when questioned in an atmosphere that's not conducive for throwing into an angry fit. 

Well, let's face it.  I know traditional Muslims grown up with Hadith in their hearts just cannot bear to hear any negative comments on it.  It's precisely the same attachment which practicing Christians or Jews would have to their altered, man-written Bibles and Talmud etc.  But all that is a different issue.  It's an issue of being on denial of the truth.  When people condition their minds not to accept the truth or to uphold human perception above the Judgment of Allah, The Exalted, they only mess up that issue still further.  Their arguments sound still more senseless, sometimes even depraved, and they invariably waver from the topic with explanations having no bearing with the subject matter nor with the truth.  This link is sadly a classic example of such crap.  They eventually end up as self-lambasting, self-hating authors for the purpose of defending a Haram interpolation they have introduced in our Faith.

This person who answered the sister's query goes on and on, trying to give a civilized touch to his (or her) discourse with intellectual terms & expressions.  All to no avail.  It hasn't answered the single simple issue concerning how blatantly the Hadith clashes with the Noble Quran.  I can give scores of examples which you can yourself check while browsing our Hadith board, post by post.  I don't buy the author's lecture.  It explains nothing.   I've studied al-Bukhari and al-Mulsim collections cover to cover, and also large chunks of other collections such as Nasai, Tirmidhi and Malik.  The problem with Hadith starts when you pick up the books (online or offline) and begin reading it page by page, chapter by chapter.  That's when you realise that for every single decent sounding narration, there are 10 bad ones.   

This writer admits that at first glance many Hadiths are "disturbing and frustrating" but one needs "to engage with and understand these types of hadith properly."  AstaghfarAllah!  That's adding insult to injury.  In other words, what he's trying to say is that you have to condition your mind by downgrading it to accept falsehood without resentment.  And to do this, it will be necessary for you to say goodbye to your love for the Truth.  I fear Allah too much to fall into the traps of such misguidance.  There are countless number of Ahadith that are disturbing, frustrating, disgusting and downright infuriating at first glance, and all such Ahadith remain vile till the last glance.  If we make up our minds not to abandon the Truth, falsehood is cornered and it cannot disguise itself.  Thus, there's no question of first glance or last glance.  Falsehood is falsehood.  It needs to be discarded not nurtured and pampered at the cost of our Salvation in the Hereafter.  As simple as that.   

Sorry for the late response brother.  We had a busy schedule during Ramadan and somehow I didn't get the notification for this post.  Sorry again. 

Wish you a very happy Eid Mubarak.  May Allah Almighty accept our fasts, salats and supplications.  Ameen. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 04:57:54 am »

Hummm ,, this imam Suhaib is purposely using a bombastic style to impress the readers so that they focus more on his words and less on the irreconcilable discrepancies of Hadith.  Just ignore him would be my sincere advise.  Analysing, reflecting and thinking upon an issue oneself to resolve that important issue is far better than giving oneself up to a clergy by presuming him to be perfect.  Imam, or ulema or priest or bishop etc., they are all humans beings and just as capable of making mistakes as anyone else.  Also, the guidance of Allah comes to those who are most true at heart, not to those who have the means to spend $10,000 acquire a diploma from expensive private Islamic universities in North America and the Middle-East.  I know if our ulemas read this they'll be mad.  But that's there problem.  Why should we jeopardize our future to make them happy.  If they misguide us in this world, they won't have the power to acquit us in the next world.  In the next world a lot of them might be too busy pleading to save their own skins. 

Let me tell you one more thing.  You must be wondering why 95% of the world's Muslim population adheres to Hadith if it's false.  The reason is simple.  Human mind is inherently much more attracted to corruption than truth.  This has been a pattern throughout the annals of history.  In modern times, all this talk about democracy and peoples' choice has convinced us farther to ride on the coattails of the majority.  But what we need to remember is, while the majority might be strong & influential because of their large numbers, they are NOT necessarily right or truthful.  Being a winner is one thing, but being a winner for the right cause is quite another story. 

This point has been touched in the Noble Quran as well, where Allah clearly tells us: "If you obeyed most of those on earth they would mislead you far from Allah's way." [Noble Quran 6:116]

And then again He commands us: "O you who believe! Be careful of your duty to Allah, and be with the truthful." [Noble Quran 9:119]

For more information on our blind trust on the largely imperfect majority:
Ah! How much we trust the majority
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:40:06 am »

This sort of talk by Imam Suhaib is one of those that eventually adds up to 0+0+0+0 = 0.  He is hinting on the same old fraudulent theory that circulates around by the advocates of Hadith that "Hadith has depth, so you need to be more crookedly perceptive to bail it out of its discrepancies and ignore its offensive insinuations."

There are other Hadith fans whose standard defense is, "The translations of Hadith change their original Arabic meanings."  They try to use "translations" as a scapegoat to protect this untruthful institution.  Wrong again.  I've read several bad Ahadith in Arabic alongside their carefully, word to word translated versions in English with detailed explanations of each of the Arabic words used in the original Arabic Hadiths.  The meanings don't change at all.  They still remain just as offensive, rude and repugnant as ever.

Also, please know, there's nothing to reflect deeply upon the Hadith narrations as this Imam wrongly suggests to dupe us.  There is plenty to reflect upon the Noble Quran but nothing on the Hadith.  It's a known fact that Hadith is written in very poor quality Arabic with numerous grammatical errors.  It's also a clear fact that the Hadiths were written by a bunch of self-seeking people for a barrage of negative purposes with negative goals more than 150 years after the death of the Prophet (S).  Those negative goals included:

1) Changing the laws / principles of the Noble Quran.
2) Slandering the Prophet (S) in order to justify anti-Quranic principles and laws.
3) Political propaganda.

All such are vile and wicked motives which can never contain any grand principles.  Reflecting on them with a genuinely truth-seeking intention will expose its guile still more, unless we reflect by re-conditioning our minds to accept falsehood, as sister Heba rightly referred to, and  of course that's impossible. 

To conclude: Hadith is an unlawful annexation, it does NOT explain the Quran, thus it's NOT a part of Islam and it's NOT the sayings of the Prophet (S).  Period.
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 02:50:48 am »

It's a known fact that Hadith is written in very poor quality Arabic with numerous grammatical errors.  

Precisely, and that's because all Hadith writers with the exception of Malik, came from different parts of Persia.  Bukhari, Muslim bin Hajaj, Tirmidhi, Nasai etc. were all Persians, not Arabs.  They came to Arabia to make deals with the Arabs approximately 200 years after the passing away of the Prophet (pbuh), picking up and compiling politically and selfishly motivated misquotes written by the sycophants of the early Ummayad rulers.  The practice of collecting Hadith began around the time of the Abbasid rule which patronized these Persian Hadith writers in order t abolish discriminations between Arab and non-Arab Muslms.  Abolishing such discriminations was a very good idea but the method the Abbasids acquired by promoting the writings of these Persian visitors to the Arab land was despicable!   This also explains the poor quality of Arabic used in Hadith because bulk of it was written by people whose mother tongue  was not Arabic.  They had only learned some quick makeshift Arabic to re-write and edit the narrations they compiled.  Not to forget, every Hadith you read today has been re-written and re-edited at least half a dozen times during the last 12 centuries.  Thus, it's difficult to say how many times the lies of the Hadith narrators were altered by the lies of the Hadith compilers.  Common Persians knew very little or no Arabic.  Even today, common Iranians know very little Arabic.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 03:02:52 am »

True brother pt.  As I've perceived through studying & researching Islamic history;

1.  The phoney Hadith narrators with the title of "sahabas" flourished during the Ummayad rule and penned tons of baloneys in the name of 'Hadith' which were strewn hither and thither in parts of the Arab world. 

2.  Then during the Abbasid reign, these Hadith scribblings were compiled by the Persian guests of the Abbasid Caliphs, an era that officially spelled the destruction of the originals of Islam.

Right?
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 03:06:53 am »

Yes, right.  But let me add, the Abbasid rule spelt the beginning of the end of original Islam officially in a widespread manner.  A smaller scale official introduction of the Hadith culture had already begun during the reign of its predecessor, the Ummayad Caliph, Umar bin Abdel Aziz. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 03:09:54 am »

Yeah, exactly.  I forgot about Umer bin Abdel Aziz.  I suppose he was the 6th or 7th Ummayad caliph and the guy who made the acceptance of hadith an official part of Islam.  I've read of that too.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 03:12:24 am »

Sheikh Suhaib is trying to put lipstick on a wild boar  Grin

Very informative thread.  Thanks all of u!
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 03:13:36 am »

lol, spot on.  That's a very precise summary Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 06:52:50 pm »

Sheikh Suhaib is trying to put lipstick on a wild boar  Grin

Very informative thread.  Thanks all of u!

AHAHAHAHAHA

And Eid Mubarak to all of youuu! May Allah be with us all.
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:13:44 am »

Ameen, dear brother Smiley   May Allah bless u.  Eid Mubarak ..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: