Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 18, 2024, 05:38:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Formation of Water Springs (Noble Quran)

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Formation of Water Springs (Noble Quran)  (Read 930 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:06:19 am »

BismEm

In one of our posts we discussed the Quranic Verse 2:74 of Surah Al-Baqrah which mentions about water gushing out from rocks.  If you check this link, you will find we explained with full scientific evidence how true it is.

"For indeed there are rocks from out which rivers gush, and indeed there are rocks which split asunder so that water floweth from them."  (2:74)  Al-Baqrah

Tonight, we will study another Quranic Verse which mentions of the creation of water springs.  What's amazing is that the Verse clearly outlines that Allah creates water springs by making rain water penetrate or seep into the rocks.  If you study the scientific formation of water springs, it says precisely the same.

First let's read the Verse on focus which is from Surah Az-Zumar.

"Hast thou not seen how Allah hath sent down water from the sky and hath caused it to penetrate the earth as watersprings," (39:21) Surah Az-Zumar.

It's very clear about the basics of the creation of water springs, that is, through the penetration of rain water inside rocks.  It's also worth knowing that the awareness about water springs coming from rocks is no layman's information.  This is a recent finding around the 1900s or earliest 1800s.  But the Noble Quran contains it in the 7th century.

The following is the scientific information concerning formation of water springs which I am quoting from one of the Wiki pages online.

Springs may be formed in any sort of rock. Small ones are found in many places.  When weak carbonic acid (which is formed by rainwater percolating through organic matter in the soil) enters the crevices or fractures on the rocks it dissolves the bedrock which is the layer of solid rock formations below the soil.   But when it reaches a horizontal crack, or a layer of non-dissolving rock such as sandstone or shale, it begins to cut sideways, forming an underground stream. As the process continues, the water hollows out more rock, eventually admitting an airspace, at which point the spring stream can be considered a cave. This process is supposed to take tens to hundreds of thousands of years to complete.  The eventual result is the formation of a water spring.  The age of a spring or cave is difficult to estimate due to the variables of rock composition and water volume doing the work.
UNQUOTE

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH, THE EXALTED. 

Related posts:

-  Investigation before Belief
-  Religion and science are intertwined
-  Knowledge (الم) in Islam and it's huge importance
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:11:34 am »

wow!  isn't this amazingly cool!! 

Please people, think and reflect on this lovely Book.

Praise be to Allah alone.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:06:09 pm »

BismAllah Ar Rehman Ar Raheem, and As-salam Alaikum dear everyone  hiyaaa

I'm on 'unpaid leave' takin a break from our family business and therefor  lazing around at home .. spending time with the kids while my poor hubby faces the brunt of workplace hassles  Cheesy  Ha ha, just kiddin.  But yeah, I was gettin so stressed with the sudden upsurge of work and my husband told me "not ta worry, relax for a few days."  See what a nice guy I have  Grin Grin  Just two more days of my ‘vacation’ left.  Then back to work with hubby & family Inc. :: ) )

So, tonight I sat down to read more on the formation of springs as this topic really intrigues me.  I found a simple and great website and sat down reading it to the kids.  What came to my mind immediately was Verse 39:21 of Surah Az-Zumar.  I recall I've written earlier concerning the formation of rocks, water gushing out of the rocks, and formation of springs with references to Verses from Surahs Al-Baqra, Al-Araf and Az-Zumar, respectively.  The purple link on rocks and water gushing of rocks is given in my first post, look above  Smiley

Okay .. so I came across some additional info on the formation springs and recalling Verse 39:21 where Allah says: "Hast thou not seen how Allah hath sent down water from the sky and hath caused it to penetrate the earth as watersprings," (39:21) Surah Az-Zumar.   So let's talk a little more on the formation of springs.  It's so, so interesting when you see a clear and bright connection between its broad outline stated in the Quran and the detailed modern study.

Please focus on Verse 39:21.  What does it say?  It states the most basic fact about the formation of springs by the seepage of rainwater underground.  Modern science on the existence of ground water states precisely the same as the cause for the formation of springs.

Rain water is the prime source of all ground water collections.  It creates streams, wells, rivers, ponds and dams.  The formation of every kind of water in the ground has its own process.  Alhumdulilah.  THIS link will give lots of detail with precise diagrams about what goes on beneath the ground in the soil.  However, in this post we will discuss only the formation of spring briefly to compliment Verse 39:21 of our beautiful Noble Quran.

Earth consists of rocks, sand, caves and underground waterways. In these giant underground caves groundwater collects, coming from rivers, lakes, direct rainfall, and seepage of flood water through the permeable ground from meadows and fields. Approximately one-third of rain water is stored in the crevices and underground, and about two-third flows in the rivers and into the sea.  Okay .... this was just to help your general knowledge so you can follow things better. 

Rain pours down in the mountains and also in the valleys making the rainwater constantly seep into the ground. In cold regions of the earth there is snowfall in winter which does not seep like water.  But seepage of water begins early spring when snow starts to melt.  The ground water underneath has various levels.  During the time when snow starts to melt, that level reaches its highest point, and soon after follows the growth and production of crops (veggies and fruits) or the agriculture & harvest season.  Hence we see and hear of farming beginning in spring in cold countries.  In warm countries it's in winter, because winters are mild often with substantial winter showers.

Seepage of water in the mountains forms a spring which again results in the gradual creation of rivulets, streams and eventually rivers.  According to the ordinance of Allah Almighty, it's the seeped-in water that comes out which forms into springs.  And not all of the water in the mountains comes out.  The portion of water that does not come out gets blocked in underground cracks and pores of the rocks.  These cracks and pores are created by the contrast of hot and cold temperatures in summer and winter and from the contrast of day and night.  The ground water website (link in hypertext above) describes this process very professionally in a few sentences, quote:  "Rain water is seeping into the meadow. Seepage water is blocked on the almost impermeable clay layer and therefore the seepage of water is forming a little floating groundwater (a "groundwater lens", a "floating aquifer".  At the same time the clay layer is reaching to the slope where a little part of the water is coming out in the form of a spring forming a little creek."

The two diagrams below which I've selected from the above link might help you further to follow the course of formation of water springs from rain water.

All praise be to Allah, The Almighty.  Ask yourself, could any human being in the 7th century know this if it was not for The Almighty, The One and Only ?   Can you find such neat and accurate basic references in any of those altered, man-written religious scriptures?   NO way!

Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 09:54:15 pm »

Walaikum Salaam dear sister Heba.  So thoughtful of you to give a cool chunk of time to MV during your 'vacations'  Cheesy   And still nicer of your hubby to do your share of work along with his own while you take a break  Cheesy  Even if it's one's own business, breaks are a much needed therapy for getting rid of the fast mounting stress in today's life.

You've done a marvelous job explaining this topic further, as always. The images helped to simplify much.

Alhumdulilah, SubhanAllah.  All praise be to Allah Azza wa jal.

BTW, is the second image supposed to illustrate a terrain with steep ups & downs?  Are these the kind of regions where springs are more commonly found, that is, split level ground?
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »

Aww!  Don't mention Sis.  It's my pleasure.  Yeah, these breaks are such a boon!  They freshen me up and clear my memory  Grin  and true, these days hubby is under double pressure of work  Cheesy  But he always, always calm; unlike me, he never lets work worry him.

Comin to your question on springs, they're are mostly found in mountainous or hilly terrain.  I guess it has something to do with water seeping in and then coming out, a process that's probably easier in hilly regions.  Springs are also found on lower levels but not as much. Moreover spring water on higher grounds is supposed to be best to be used as drinking water, free from almost all contaminants.   But since picnickers often take a dip in springs during summer, I would avoid drinking spring water.   It's not like the medieval years when people didn't have the habit of jumping into water for recreation purposes.  Still more important to beware of is the freshwater virus called Brain-Eating Amoeba that's nowadays commonly found in warm freshwater from hot springs or streams. 
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 10:19:54 pm »

Still more important to beware of is the freshwater virus called Brain-Eating Amoeba that's nowadays commonly found in warm freshwater from hot springs or streams. 

Shocked  Really?  Of course I never get inside streams and springs, I just enjoy watching them from far.  I've heard of this braining eating disease before.  It rhymes with flesh eating disease but I'm sure it's different.  Would you know what exactly the brain eating disease does to the human body?  Just for basic info.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:49:54 pm »

This brain eating disease is like a tiny zombie stalking your skull. When the virus gets into humans, it uses the brain as a food source. The nose is the pathway.  Infection is usually contracted  from diving, water skiing, or performing water sports in which water is forced into the nose or from  unchlorinated swimming pools.  Sometimes this amoeba can also get into tap water if the city water source isn't properly treated by the municipality.  In such a case, infections can occur by cleaning  nostrils with neti pots filled with untreated tap water.  But that's rare from what I know.  This disease isn't contagious and cannot be passed from one to another.  Not like ebola.  But it isn't any better either as it  has a mortality rate as high as 95% or higher!  If ever there's news of this virus getting into tap water, make sure to wash your nostrils and eyes during wudu with boiled water or good quality mineral water that's reliable.  That's the only source we need to be careful about as we too don't get into springs or swimming pools nor indulge in any aquatic sports. 

O yeah it's very different from flesh eating disease.  Don't recall its professional label, probably called Streptococus pyogene  (spelling?  Smiley ). It's called flesh eating because the bacteria is toxic and destroys the skin, tissues, muscles and fat.  It usually starts below the skin and spreads along the tissues.  It appears mostly on arms, legs and stomach.  Fatality is  30% to 40% .. not too low  Sad  It's usually not contagious but sometimes coming into contact with an infected person can get a healthy person infected too.  However seems far less serious than brain eating disease.
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 10:59:20 pm »

Ohw!  Many thanks for this very useful wrap up my sister.  Saved me the time from looking up Wikipedia.   This world is getting filled with such frightful diseases.  Never heard of them when we were kids.  This planet is getting so contaminated with the passage of years  Sad   May Allah Almighty keep us safe.  May Allah have mercy.  Ameen ya Rab.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 11:00:54 pm »

Ameeen, ameen .. ya Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 03:25:53 am »

Ameen, my dearest Allah.  Good info Sis Heba on dangerous diseases.

And what a great article on springs and how they're formed.  I had missed the first one but got to read both today.  Extremely educational.  That's how the Quran prompts us to acquire knowledge through brief and eye-catching references on truths and realities.  SubhanAllah.  It's a wonderful thread to pass on to the children. In addition to enabling them to learn the Quran, it will also be useful to them as they proceed with their studies, InshAllah.

Enjoy your "vacation" sis Heba  Cheesy  I so well understand how stressful it can be.  At least your biz is bigger than mine, in that, few members of extended family are also around.  For me it's still harder. Between running our convenience store and pizza shop, my husband and I often think it would be easier to do a 9 to 5 job rather than our own tiny business.  But unlike your case, we don't have deadlines for supplying inventories to clients.  I guess that makes it easier generally speaking.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: