Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation of MV Team where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
April 24, 2018, 10:55:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient Homes - History lovers will love it

+-
Shoutbox
November 09, 2017, 04:26:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: Please pray for Rohingya children. As genocide in Buddhist Burma continues, many Rohingya children arriving in Bangladesh camps don't know where their parents are. May the Burmese murderer-terrorist Su Kyi rot in Hell.
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
September 12, 2016, 03:17:09 am N. Truth Seeker: Wa salam sisters. So kind of u to remember. Alhumdulilah that Allah gave us another chance to live thru the blessed month of Zil Hajj.  Was a busy time for all of my family.
September 11, 2016, 08:26:43 am Zeynab: Wa'salaam my dear Sis Heba Smiley  Yes, Alhumdulilah, the 10 days of this blessed month went well by the Grace & Mercy of Allah. I wish the same for all.
September 11, 2016, 02:20:02 am Heba E. Husseyn: Salam my dear MV team and other sis and bros.  I pray the first 10 days of the bless month of Zil Hajj has passed well for all.  Hajj culminates in about 2 days. InshAllah.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Homes - History lovers will love it  (Read 2044 times)
N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:18:07 pm »

BismEm

These pics are simply classic.  They make you travel right back into the distant past along the time tunnel.  

Absolutely awesome!

700-years-old stone carved houses in Iran.  Amazing!  How beautifully they preserve their heritage.  Many of these homes are in split level and carved on hills.

Following two are old rock homes renovated in modern times

Interior of a renovated old rock home

Hope you enjoyed it.  Please send around.  
Report Spam   Logged

HE WHO KNEELS BEFORE ALLAH CAN
STAND BEFORE ANYONE.

Social Buttons

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:02:21 pm »

Thanks dear brother.  What an exhilarating post!  I was truly enthralled  Smiley  Took me right back down the memory lane.  All have their own kind of beauty it's just so hard to say which one is best.  Those stone carved 7 century homes of Iran look as if these were huge rocks and caves, and medieval home builders carved spaces inside of them for making rooms.  Amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:22:06 am »

Stunning!  These are masterpieces of history.  and yeah, so well maintained though apparently some of the external fixtures like doors and window frames have gone on being updated periodically.  That very first pic is the most amazing of all.  It's like those homes built by being carved right through the standing rocks. The Quran also states the in ancient times people built homes like these.  The Quran mentions about the folks of Aad and Samood how they hew homes in mountains and hills which made them very proud of their skills.

Do all these homes have electricity?
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:24 am »

Yes, at present times they do have electricity for sure.  The electric connections might be a bit rudimentary though .. I suppose so.   Wires are also visible hanging outside most of those houses.  Could be electric or telephone wires or both.  As for the last pic of the stone carved homes which looks pretty costly, I'm sure that's been renovated extensively and would definitely have electricity and phone .. even modern electronics like TV, fridge, computer. 
Report Spam   Logged

STAND BEFORE ANYONE.
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 10:29:44 am »

hummm .. right. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 10:34:04 am »

It's like those homes built by being carved right through the standing rocks. The Quran also states the in ancient times people built homes like these.  The Quran mentions about the folks of Aad and Samood how they hew homes in mountains and hills which made them very proud of their skills.

Yes exactly, the Quran mentions that ....
Report Spam   Logged

STAND BEFORE ANYONE.
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 11:40:19 am »

This is so, so cooool !!  Mash'Allah .. so exotic.   Most of these homes would never experience the problem of leakage thru the roof no matter how much it rains.  In most of them the tops of the rocks are the roofs.  I would love to spend a few days in such places for a vacation.  The kids would would be delighted  Cheesy  They would go nuts and drive my husband & me nuts too  Grin

And of course, I've been of the old city of Damascus.  It's another spectacular spot.  Once u go there u don't wanna leave.  I don't know what's the atmosphere like now with all those death squads being sent by US whores, Saudi Arabia and Jordan, to create unrest. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: