Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 07:19:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Assalamalyakum

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assalamalyakum  (Read 973 times)
patricia

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:47:03 am »

I am surprised to find this forum as well as quite curious.

I have followed Quran only for about 15 years now. (I have been muslimah since 1975)

And I have not one single friend who is also Quran only.

I am curious how you study and how you practice. And who are you? American? Arab? Mixed? Male? Female? For a time I will read some of the past discussion  and maybe gain an insight.

It will be wonderful to discuss various Islamic topics with those who as I practice only reading Quran.

Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this discussion.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:54:48 pm »

Walaikum salaam, sister Patricia.  So nice to meet you.  Our MV team is run by 3 sisters and a brother.  We are Muslims by birth.   

Muslims who follow only the Quran are surely very few.  Most Muslims also tend to misunderstand those who follow the Quran alone.   Not to mention, I've had some nasty arugments in the past with some of my brothers and sisters on this issue.   But all that never discouraged me, rather it convinced still more that the right path is only the Quran.  Misguidance is always more rampant among the majority and truth-seekers are indeed few, as Allah says in verse 6:116 "If you obeyed most of those on earth they would mislead you far from Allah's way."

I have learned that it's also important to bear in mind that the expression "Quran alone follower" has intentionally been misused by many so-called Muslim modernists through incorrect commentaries and translations for selfish reasons.  Therefore, when I come across a website or person claiming to be "Quran alone," I first consider it necessary to check them out thoroughly before accepting them.  

Following the Quran alone for guidance is simple and straightforward.  I would suggest that you explore our posts and you'll get a good idea of its clarity.   I encourage everyone to read the Quran in the language they understand by choosing a reliable translator.  Many Divine instructions are directly stated in the Quran, and concerning various other issues the Quran has given us its broad guidelines where we need to reflect to nurture our conscience on the basis of Quranic principles to make decisions.  I also uphold that every individual is entitled to interpret the Quran to the best of their conscience and with an unmotivated mind.  The final authority for confirmation of the Quranic verses is Allah alone.

You might like to begin by reading the following posts, and then explore our Quran, Hadith and Islamic issues boards gradually.  Do feel free to ask whatever queries you may have.

The information in the following articles will reveal how much the mainstream Muslims at present have deviated from the path of Truth (that is, Quran alone) through gross misinterpretations from the clerics.

Can there be a universal tafsir of the Quran?
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=2445.0

The reason I personally found many Ahadeeth disturbing
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=168.0

Does the Quran refer to follow the man-written Hadith?
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=2888.0

The Meaning of "Sunnah" in the Quran
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=3312.new#new

Those common myths that if it wasn't for Hadith we wouldn't know how to offer our prayers nor would we know the details of charity (zakat), fasting (saum) and pilgrimage (Hajj) have also been exposed in the following article and the links given at the end of it.  

Reasons why the Noble Quran doesn't mention the exact, present method of salaah
http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=2302.0
Report Spam   Logged

patricia

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:49:15 pm »

Assalamalyakum sister.

That was quite exhilarating to read.

My argument has always been what does wearing faingernail polish, squating while drinking water, plucking the eyebrows (You understand my reference I am sure) have to do with Kneeling? fasting? Generosity? Goodness to the family?  And so on!

And of course when I brought this up I was told (God-Forbid) I hated the prophet.

And I am happy to read there is no hadith that teaches us how to pray.  It has been so long since I read hadith I cannot remember.  And when this question was brought to my attention I simply waited until I had some more knowledge to give an answer.  I now have one.  Show me the hadith that teaches us to pray.
I will, however, before opening my mouth investigate a bit further.

You know I think I am a lucky one. Allah lead me in the guided direction when he lead me to Islam.  And then a double take.  He a second time guided me correctly. Praise Allah.

I have lots of questions about the meaning of Quran.   I study by having many different translations in front of me.

Do you have a certain Quran you read?

Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »

Walaikum Salaam, sister Patricia.  It's heartening for us to know u understand this matter so well.  Alhumdulilah.  May Allah, The Exalted, reward you for your insight.  ameen. 

Assalamalyakum sister.

My argument has always been what does wearing faingernail polish, squating while drinking water, plucking the eyebrows (You understand my reference I am sure) have to do with Kneeling? fasting? Generosity? Goodness to the family?  And so on! 

Exactly .. and it didn't take me long to catch the superficiality and needlessness of such ahadith. 

I told (God-Forbid) I hated the prophet.

This is precisely what I was told many times.  But I had absolutely no qualms telling them that I fear Allah too much to indulge in the falsehood of hadith.  I would be totally upfront and tell them that their presumption is the opposite of the truth.  I have abandoned the falsehood of hadith because I love and understand our beloved Prophet (S).  How can my dislike and rejection of hadith be taken as "hating the Prophet" (AstaghfarAllah), when I don't even recognize the hadith as the 'sayings of the Prophet?'  I dislike the hadith because it contradicts the Noble Quran, it slanders & mocks the beloved Prophet (S) with lies and grossly misinterprets our beautiful Faith by taking it far away from its original source (Quran alone).  Unfortunately, it's this bundle of misinterpretation made up of numerous interpolations that presents the face of Islam today.  The purpose of this website is to try changing this misconception and returning to the truth .. a very difficult task indeed.  After all, Allah guides only those who have a desire to seek His guidance.  But even if we can help a few people to perceive & grasp the truth, InshAllah, Allah Almighty would reward us for it, either in this world or the next.  ameen.   

And I am happy to read there is no hadith that teaches us how to pray.  It has been so long since I read hadith I cannot remember.  And when this question was brought to my attention I simply waited until I had some more knowledge to give an answer.  I now have one.  Show me the hadith that teaches us to pray. 

There is not a single hadith which mentions the complete method of salat (Muslim prayer).   Neither the narrators of hadith nor Bukhari & co. taught salat to the Muslim Ummah.  The method of Monotheistic salat had been coming down through centuries from the time of Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh).  But after a while, unfortunately the people of the Arabian peninsula corrupted the Monotheistic principle and deviated toward polytheism.  When Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was sent by the Divine Power, he corrected the people by instructing them according to Quranic dictates that ruku (bowing) and sajoud (prostration) during salat must be done before Allah alone and NONE else.  Furthermore, Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) also highlighted the importance of reciting Quranic words during salat.  All these principles, that is, ruku, sajoud, and reciting the Quran during salat which must be directed to Allah Almighty alone (thus bringing back the concept of Monotheism or Tawheed) have been plainly stated in the Quran.  As far as all other methods of prayer are concerned, they don't necessarily have to be universal and they aren't.  The method of prayer of Sunnis and Shiias are not identical.  Not just that, but the method practiced by the different madhabs within Sunnis aren't the same either.  There are minor differences in the method of prayer between every group of Muslims.  However, I don't think that's a big issue. But my point is that since all sects have their own minor differences, is further evidence that the hadith has not taught salat.  The most important thing about salat is MONOTHEISM, that is, to pray to Allah alone, which was totally corrupted by the Makkans during the 7th centruy. 

You know I think I am a lucky one. Allah lead me in the guided direction when he lead me to Islam.  And then a double take.  He a second time guided me correctly. Praise Allah.

u r absolutely right sister. In the present era, unfortunately Islam is so full annexations and man-made laws & rules that to grasp these blunders, abandon them and return to the Islam which the Prophet (pbuh) taught us and which was based on nothing else but the Quran is a huge guidance, blessing and gift from Allah.  There are so many Muslims who are no doubt devout and sincere at heart, but look how much time they are wasting in practicing the pirated Islam and ignoring the real & original one. 

I have lots of questions about the meaning of Quran.   I study by having many different translations in front of me.

InshAllah, the Quran and Islamic issues boards of our website will help you to understand and answer many questions.  If u r looking for a particular topic, u can use our forum search.  If u still can't find it, do please put up a post with your question.  Also, u will find the hadith board useful because it analysis the irrational and senseless approach of the hadith institution.  We have exposed the blatant falsehoods of hadith with information u won't find elsewhere.  Several hadithists had told us that they would come here for a debate to prove the "truth" of hadith but never showed up.  The reason we put up the hadith board is because it's often necessary to closely inspect and analyse falsehood in order to expose it. 

Do you have a certain Quran you read?

The one we consult regularly is the translation of Muhammed Marmaduke Pickthall .. very reliable and accurately translated.  May Allah Almighty bless his soul for this good work.  You can get the complete set of Picthall translations HERE.

Pickthall was a British revert to Islam, a person with a remarkably inspiring biography.  He had mastered the Arabic language and was recognized as one of the best Arabic scholars.  This is Pickthall's biography.

Another person whose translations are good and dependable is Abdel Haleem.  The main difference between him and Pickthall is that Pickthall's translation is in old English while Abdel Haleem's is in modern English.  But for some reason, it's very difficult to find Haleem's translations online.  In any case, I prefer Pickthall to Abdel Haleem.

Report Spam   Logged

patricia

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40:10 am »

Do you associate with any Quran alone sites?

I know of a few.  I have the Quran from free-minds website that promises to translate the Quran as is without any influence from the thoughts of others.  I am not sure who translates it. I think it is the collaboration of many.

http://free-minds.org/quran/

And this one with a few different translations.

http://www.studyquran.org/

I had this Quran by Pickthall but I think it was my daughter that took that one.
Thanks for the link.  It is the only way I know how to study.

Indubitably evident  I will gain some deeper insight and understanding following this forum.

Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 02:13:47 am »

Salaam.  Yes sister Patricia, we are very well acquainted with free minds.  We had also been members there for several months and then quit.  One needs to be careful.  It's a very deceptive site.  They have manipulated many Quranic verses completely out of context.  For instance, I read posts at FMs which claimed the following:

-  Prayer to be offered thrice a day and not five times,
-  fasting is only for 10 days in a month,
-  Haj according to FMs is not obligatory,
-  Paradise as per FM perception is a "state of mind" and not a reality. 
-  The Prophet (SAW) was "not an orphan nor unlettered." 
-  We are not obligated to love and respect the Prophet. 
-  Etc. etc.  etc.

I've read them refuting just about everything the Noble Quran has asserted and confirmed. 

Please don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to badmouth anyone.  Just mentioning my own experience at FMs.  I was very uncomfortable there.  I wouldn't call it a "Quran alone" site at all.  I felt obvious that they were basically using the title of the Quran to propagate their personal views (thru incorrect and fat fetched translations & tafsirs) and taking advantage of the fact that 80% of Muslims don't know Arabic.  Frankly, I found it no less ridiculous than many of the Hadith sites .... both in their own different ways.   

However, I would suggest that you sign-in there, interact with them and watch them.  It's always a good idea to check out places oneself.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 02:15:00 am »

I think the person who translates it is one of the guys whose running the site, named Layth .... not sure though.  could be in collaboration with few others.

Of course I've never read that translation.
Report Spam   Logged

patricia

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »

Let me just say one thing before I leave here.  One of the most difficult things I did when leaving hadith and turning to Quran only was separate hadith from Quran.  From that point I had to think was this Quran or hadith.  It took a long time so that would mostly be the reason I left free-minds.org.  I studied Quran page by page to learn more Quran and take hadith out of my mind.

Today I once a year write the numbers 1 through 114 on my little pocket calendar I carry. When I finish a chapter I cross it off. I hardly ever read front to end.

I never believe anyone at face value.  I need Quranic proof.

That is one thing another thing is this.  It is always difficult to speak about these topics.  Always.  Not just sometimes.

And when we leave hadith and turn to Quran the only thing we can do is study Quran and discuss with each other and get different views.
Which is, by the way, something mentioned in Quran. Study the book.  And learn from each other do not fight with each other.  Or argue which one is better.

Anything I have to say however is thrown out. No problem.

I still have one more question. And though the tension is strong here between us. I am going to ask it.

I have been told by many muslims that the Quran mentions where women are superior to men.   But, no one has ever been able to tell me where., what verse mentions that.

Now, I believe it might be true.

But, I have a feeling that those muslims who know think it best to keep this a secret.

I think it is the sex. Is it not?  You cannot have sex with her if she does not want it.

However, knowing that us mere americans who would use this and not give them sex at times (causing problems in marriages)they keep it hid from us?

Am I right?
Report Spam   Logged
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 10:18:24 pm »

Walaikum Salaam sister patricia.   I don't know what you mean by "tension is strong here between us."  That never even occured to me till you said it yourself.  You might be nurturing it, not us.  Disagreements during discussions don't create "tensions" for us as long as they're respectful.

I already mentioned in sufficient detail that there is NO concept of forcing one's wife into having sex.  Please refer to the thread "Obedient wives club." If anyone is trying to propagate otherwise, they are liars and Allah will deal with them on the Day of Judgment.  Frankly, I've never thought about the question you put, so I don't have any comments at the moment.

There are several Quranic laws for the benefit of women that the jurists don't want to speak about e.g. inheritance laws, wedding gifts, financial settlement for divorced women etc. because it doesn't suit their interest.  These are the ones I know about. Again, these jurists are only burdening their own shoulders with transgression for which they will have to answer to Allah.

Also, I stated earlier to many folks including yourself, the Glorious Quran does not discriminate between men and women at all.  I cannot bring any verse which says men are superior to women or women are superior to men because it doesn't exist.  According to the Quran superiority comes through righteousness of conduct and righteousness is NOT linked to gender or race or color or language.  As simple as that.

"And whoso doeth good works, whether of male or female, and he (or she) is a believer, such will enter paradise and they will not be wronged the dint in a date- stone."  (4:124)

Thanks for dropping by at our forum.  Allah Hafez. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: