Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 10:47:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pious sinner

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pious sinner  (Read 605 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:52:10 am »

The following question was put by a person on the discussion board of a Muslim networking site some months ago.

Pious Sinner: I know a person who prays five times a day, fasts during whole Ramadan, has performed Hajj and is famous for donating in charity and being a good human being and Muslim but unfortunately he does not marry and is involved in woman and wine. When confronted he cries and accepts that he knows these are sins but according to him he is genetically vulnerable and can not control the urge. (May ALLAh bestow mercy on him.) How do we deal with such a person? Serious comments and advices would be appreciated.
UNQUOTE

Let's discuss it for the information of our readers ..  it might be useful for some.

This scenario of 'pious sinners' is getting all too common, unfortunately.

Of course, the truth is that only Allah Almighty is entitled to judge His slaves and make a decision whether to grant Salvation or otherwise.  Every soul has an 'inside story' to it, the complete details of which are known to none else but Allah alone.  However, while the 'story' of some human souls & minds is discreet and complicated to discern, it's more brazen with others.  The common aspects (somewhat resembling each other) that make it brazen are hypocrisy, ritualistic piety and selective piety.

The 'pious sinner' this questioner is talking about (and there are many such folks around) obviously has a very weak inner self with no control over his lower instincts.  He is trying to defend his soul by blaming his genes.  If he truly realizes that fornication is strongly prohibited in the Glorious Quran and consumption of alcohol greatly discouraged, it appears somewhat weird why, despite his tears, his soul has caved in to his 'genes' without a more persistent fight to overcome those harmful temptations.  With a genuine realization of the Truth, one usually doesn't give up .. let alone giving up to the extent of allowing oneself to drift altogether.  Apparently his prayers, fasting, Hajj and zakah are more for the purpose of neutralizing his perpetual guilt.  He probably feels that since it's far too difficult for him to adhere to the rules and values of the Final Divine Book, he might as well try to cleanse himself as best as he can by adhering to ritualism that are easier for him to cope with.

However, the truth is that the very purpose of all acts of worship is to elevate and strengthen our conscience and subsequently improve our conduct.  If our behavior does not reflect the lessons contained in our prayers, fasting, charity and Hajj, then our spiritual efforts are a waste of time turning into mere ritualistic formalities and physical workouts.

I repeat, Judgment belongs to Allah alone.   But it would be wrong of us to use this as an excuse to surrender to some of those ugly desires that trouble us in the garb of charm and fascination.  It would be gross to give ourselves the benefit of the doubt by indulging in selective piety by taking God's infinite mercy and bounty for granted.  As per the culture of the earthly world, it's fine to think "my personal life is my concern."  Indeed it is.  But such clumsy shortcuts won't work on the Day of the Tryst.  That's the big hitch for 'pious sinners'

Reminds me of Thomas Paine's brief and truthful comparison of reputation and character.

"Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God knows of us".
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:27:37 am »

Such pious sinners really irritate me .. not because of what they go about doing for that's their business and no one could care a shit as long as they don't spread their evil influence in our homes.  But it annoys me when they try to concoct justifications for their own weaknesses and make that an Islamic law.  E.g.  you will find many so-called Muslim men being quite comfortable with the idea of extra marital relations provided the woman is unmarried.  Now guess what?  The Hadith has directly helped such minds to sin.  Because the false Hadith claims that death penalty is only when married people commit extra-marital sex, so many weak characters presume that extra marital relations between two single people is okay.   Cunning idiots and pedigreed buggers!

Very good post, sis. 
Report Spam   Logged

MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »

I co-sign, very nice piece sista Zeynab. Shame in trying to justify being a "sinner". Yes, it's natural for humans to sin, but not natural to accept complacency in sinning.
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:57:01 pm »

Another downside.  In most of our community centers and mosques where only money talks, a Muslim male's piety is determined based on how much he's donating on a regular basis.  If someone donates $1,000 a month, he could be a rapist, cheat, drunkard, fornicator,  you name it .. yet all that will be overlooked and he will be dubbed as "one of the very enlightened brothers of our community." 

It's totally correct that the Hadith distortion of differentiating between adultery and fornication has wrecked havoc with the morals of several Muslim males.  Though I hate to talk about it on sectarian terms, such violations are far more rampant with the Sunnis.  As a Muslim, the more I learn about their dreadful idiosyncracies, the faster my head spins from the shock of it.  It reminds me of the story of the late Mrs. Diana Windsor (aka "princess" and daughter-in-law of the world's biggest parasite and tax evader, Elizabeth Windsor II of UK).  One of her many flings was supposed to have been with a South Asian Doctor residing in UK.  This doctor, while telling his story to the media, says that when their fling started, though separated, she was still legally married to Charlie boy.  So, the doctor claimed he had to wait until her divorce was finalized before consummating their relationship .. as if consummation of such a relationship was legal.  It might have been legal according to the pagan man-made Sharia laws but surely NOT according to the Quran.  Only Allah knows when these selfish frauds will learn to reflect upon the Noble Quran and fear the punishment of a dreadful Day their own deeds have kept in store for them.

"And when they do some lewdness they say: We found our fathers doing it and Allah hath enjoined it on us. Say: Allah, verily, enjoineth not lewdness. Tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not ?"  (7:28)  Al-Araf.

Then, with the same type of people there's also the mad concept that a relationship out of wedlock is not unlawful for men but only for women because (according to them) men have a higher sexual drive than women and therefore it's a lot more difficult for men to exercise their will-power.   LaaughingAway   I seek refuge in Allah from the vile and malicious ignorance of the ignorant. 
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:14:33 am »

That was very interesting sister Rose .. very thought provoking and upon thinking about it, I can see it's very true.  And I recall that tabloid story.  The guy distorted it even more than the tabloid
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: