Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 05:51:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Chocolate fudge cake: (Italian style)

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chocolate fudge cake: (Italian style)  (Read 1354 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:24:22 am »

BismEm

In continuation with sister Ruhi's question .... this appears like quite the real chocolate fudge cake.  Hope you like it.

Ingredients:

8 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter or oil
3/4 cup light brown or white sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour or self-raising flour
4 egg whites
1/2 cup whole milk
pinch of salt

Melt the chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler (or in a small saucepan placed in a large pan of hot water over low heat). Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, followed by the flour. Whisk the egg whites and salt until very stiff. Carefully fold into the chocolate mixture. Butter and flour a 10 inch springform pan. Fill with the cake mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes. Set aside on a cake rack to cool.

Can be eaten with whipped cream.

Sorry, no pic at the moment Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:17 am »

Sounds good, simple and unusual. 

Here's another one of chocolate fudge cake, somewhat similar to sister Heba's recipe and also a wee bit different from the usual ones.  In case you find it simpler than the first recipe ....   I've had it in my recipe file since the last 5 years, yet never tried it  Sad  Smiley   But do check it out.  It sounds smart!

1 and 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

4 ozs or half cup unsweetened chocolate
Half cup water

Half cup butter or oil
1 and a half cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk

Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the first set of ingredients with a wire whisk. Set aside.

In a microwavable container melt chocolate with water. Microwave 1 minute and check chocolate. If not melted, continue microwaving for 10 seconds at a time. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter or oil and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and mix.   Pour in the chocolate a little at a time and mix.  Combine completely.  Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk until all is used.

Pour batter into the 2 prepared pans .. dividing it half and half.  Bake for 27 to 35 minutes until tested with a toothpick and cake has pulled away from the pans.    Makes two 9-inch chocolate cake layers

Chocolate fudge frosting for the cake:

That seems quite simple.

Half cup butter
3 squares (or 1 oz) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups icing sugar (or maybe less, as required)
Half tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk

Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in the top of a double boiler on the cooker.  I guess microwave is easier.

In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the milk. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture. Add remaining milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.

Let stand until spreadable (frosting will thicken as it cools).  Then spread it on the cake.

And the pic!
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:06:16 am »

Thank you sisters, so very much.  Both recipes seem awesome.  Since the birthday is in mid March, I'll have time to try out both.  I'm sure both will taste super.  I guess for the birthday i'll make the one that takes less time Smiley   Thanks again.  Really appreciate this.
Report Spam   Logged

MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:49:21 pm »

I WANT!
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:52:35 am »

Hah!  Grin  If I ever meet this brother whether here or in Jannah, I promise the first thing I'll bring for him will be a chocolate fudge cake, InshAllah, ameen

teethsmile
Report Spam   Logged

MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

insha'Allah, insha'Allah! (=
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: