Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation of MV Team where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
August 18, 2018, 12:53:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Chocolate fudge cake: (Italian style)

+-
Shoutbox
June 08, 2018, 08:49:28 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Leilatul Qadr 1439 (2018) on June 8. To learn about this great Night, read our posts on Leilatul Qadr @ this thread.
May 16, 2018, 04:03:41 am Ruhi_Rose: Ramadan Mubarak to u too brother and to everyone.  May Allah accept our efforts.  Ameen.
May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am N. Truth Seeker: Ramadan 2018 Mubarak to all.  Just finished sahoor, getting ready for Fajr.  Alhumdulilah.
November 09, 2017, 04:26:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: Please pray for Rohingya children. As genocide in Buddhist Burma continues, many Rohingya children arriving in Bangladesh camps don't know where their parents are. May the Burmese murderer-terrorist Su Kyi rot in Hell.
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chocolate fudge cake: (Italian style)  (Read 914 times)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:24:22 am »

BismEm

In continuation with sister Ruhi's question .... this appears like quite the real chocolate fudge cake.  Hope you like it.

Ingredients:

8 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter or oil
3/4 cup light brown or white sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour or self-raising flour
4 egg whites
1/2 cup whole milk
pinch of salt

Melt the chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler (or in a small saucepan placed in a large pan of hot water over low heat). Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, followed by the flour. Whisk the egg whites and salt until very stiff. Carefully fold into the chocolate mixture. Butter and flour a 10 inch springform pan. Fill with the cake mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes. Set aside on a cake rack to cool.

Can be eaten with whipped cream.

Sorry, no pic at the moment Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:17 am »

Sounds good, simple and unusual. 

Here's another one of chocolate fudge cake, somewhat similar to sister Heba's recipe and also a wee bit different from the usual ones.  In case you find it simpler than the first recipe ....   I've had it in my recipe file since the last 5 years, yet never tried it  Sad  Smiley   But do check it out.  It sounds smart!

1 and 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

4 ozs or half cup unsweetened chocolate
Half cup water

Half cup butter or oil
1 and a half cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk

Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the first set of ingredients with a wire whisk. Set aside.

In a microwavable container melt chocolate with water. Microwave 1 minute and check chocolate. If not melted, continue microwaving for 10 seconds at a time. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter or oil and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and mix.   Pour in the chocolate a little at a time and mix.  Combine completely.  Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk until all is used.

Pour batter into the 2 prepared pans .. dividing it half and half.  Bake for 27 to 35 minutes until tested with a toothpick and cake has pulled away from the pans.    Makes two 9-inch chocolate cake layers

Chocolate fudge frosting for the cake:

That seems quite simple.

Half cup butter
3 squares (or 1 oz) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups icing sugar (or maybe less, as required)
Half tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk

Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in the top of a double boiler on the cooker.  I guess microwave is easier.

In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the milk. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture. Add remaining milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.

Let stand until spreadable (frosting will thicken as it cools).  Then spread it on the cake.

And the pic!
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:06:16 am »

Thank you sisters, so very much.  Both recipes seem awesome.  Since the birthday is in mid March, I'll have time to try out both.  I'm sure both will taste super.  I guess for the birthday i'll make the one that takes less time Smiley   Thanks again.  Really appreciate this.
Report Spam   Logged

MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:49:21 pm »

I WANT!
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:52:35 am »

Hah!  Grin  If I ever meet this brother whether here or in Jannah, I promise the first thing I'll bring for him will be a chocolate fudge cake, InshAllah, ameen

teethsmile
Report Spam   Logged

MuslimanMahlon
Allah suffices

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

insha'Allah, insha'Allah! (=
Report Spam   Logged

“Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion… while truth again reverts to a new minority.”

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: