Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 12:39:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

proof on 5 days salaah ?

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: proof on 5 days salaah ?  (Read 257 times)
iwan rse

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 23, 2012, 04:43:22 am »

No, not for me....Im a traditional moslem so I already observe shalat/salaah/prayer 5 times a day
But a lot of Quran-only ppl in my nation influenced observe only 3 times a day  Sad
If I told them that 5 times is the right one and there is no way it changed since prophet era(Imams can only add thing/ritual but they cant reduce it since the bulk of conservativ moslem will protest right ?) but they wont listen...
so what is Quranic verse(s) proof that shalat is 5 times a day ? could U all show me so I could use it to ensure those misguided to correct their prayer ?

Thx in advance
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:34:56 am »

Yes you're right.  Salat must be offered 5 times, not 3 times.  Many modernists e.g. Free Minders, offer it only 3 times which is not enough. 

Some Shiias (though not all) also offer 3 salats a day but it's different from the modernists.  Those Shiias actually offer 5 salats, but they group the 5 salats into 3.   They offer Fajr at the prescribed time.  Then they offer Dohr, maybe around 3.30 p.m. and combine it with Asr.  And then they offer Maghrib about 20 minutes after sunset and then immediately afterwards offer Isha, thus combining Maghrib and Isha.  So, they are offering 5 salats but sitting down only 3 times for prayers.   It's okay to do this only during times of emergency when you know you might not have the time to offer all your 5 salats.  I've also seen many Sunnis doing this on days they have a crunch in their schedule.   But such a schedule should not be followed as a daily routine.  However, it's better than what the modernists do.  The modernists offer only 3 salats because they do not recognize Dohr and Maghrib. 

Sure, I can give you the Quranic proof for 5 salats a day.   Sister Zeynab had already given you that link on your request a couple of weeks earlier when you were reading this thread which clarifies the difference between the 3 salats offered by some Shiias and some modernists.  It also contains the link to the post which contains Quranic evidence that salat must be offered 5 times.  That link was broken but it's now been fixed.    I'll put that link again for you here, as follows:

Salaah to be offered 5 times, not 3
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »

Brother Iwan, in the title of your post I suppose you  meant 5 times salaah, not 5 days  Smiley   Salaah is 5 times in one day. 
Report Spam   Logged

iwan rse

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:01:47 am »

yes... I means 5/days salaah Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Ozcan

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »

According to a very famous Islamic scholar in my country (who is considered a heretic by many sunnis because he only considers the Qur'an as the ultimate source of Islam) - our prophet usually combined his five daily prayers in three prayers  (not always, but most of the time according to him). In the same way sister Heba has mentioned above. However, I too think it's better/safer to combine the prayers only when you have no other option.
Report Spam   Logged
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:58 am »

Yes, I too agree with that.   On certain days having a hectic schedule, it's okay to combine the 2 salats offered one after another.  Aftr all, that's better than missing the second salat altogether.  But we shouldn't make this a habit on all days.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: