Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at our Guestbook otherwise their registrations will be DELETED. Approval of members is at the discretion of the team. MV is a place for humble learning through mutual consultation, not for narcissists nor belligerent disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
December 16, 2017, 03:10:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Colorful Fried Rice

+-
Shoutbox
November 09, 2017, 04:26:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: Please pray for Rohingya children. As genocide in Buddhist Burma continues, many Rohingya children arriving in Bangladesh camps don't know where their parents are. May the Burmese murderer-terrorist Su Kyi rot in Hell.
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
September 12, 2016, 03:17:09 am N. Truth Seeker: Wa salam sisters. So kind of u to remember. Alhumdulilah that Allah gave us another chance to live thru the blessed month of Zil Hajj.  Was a busy time for all of my family.
September 11, 2016, 08:26:43 am Zeynab: Wa'salaam my dear Sis Heba Smiley  Yes, Alhumdulilah, the 10 days of this blessed month went well by the Grace & Mercy of Allah. I wish the same for all.
September 11, 2016, 02:20:02 am Heba E. Husseyn: Salam my dear MV team and other sis and bros.  I pray the first 10 days of the bless month of Zil Hajj has passed well for all.  Hajj culminates in about 2 days. InshAllah.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Colorful Fried Rice  (Read 385 times)
Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:16:39 am »

BismAllah ..

Quick and yummy!

Ingredients:

2 cups Basmati rice or long grain rice
1/2 each of green, yellow and red bellpeppers
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup semi-boiled green beans, cut
1/2 cup chopped cabbage
1 onion, chopped
2 or 3 spring onions chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp Soya sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
4 tbsp cooking oil
Salt to taste

Method:

1. Wash and cook rice, taking care to see that the grains are separate.
2. Heat oil, saute onions and ginger garlic paste.
3. Add vegetables - with beans, bell peppers, peas and finally cabbage and stir fry in that order (harder vegetables first).
5. Try to keep the veggies crisp.
6. Add soya sauce, salt and black pepper.
7. Add rice and mix thoroughly.
8. Finally add the chopped spring onions and mix well.

P.S.  If you like, you can add a little boiled canned corn too .. about half cup.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:36:36 am »

wow!  I like this.  I made a somewhat similar fried rice by replacing soya sauce with some tomato paste.  Came out great!
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:57:07 am »

Smiley  Yeah I've made it with tomato paste too.  Actually it tastes still better than soya sauce or you can even give it a mix of both.   Tomato paste brings a better color to the rice than soya sauce.  But remember not to use too much tomato paste for that might make the rice soggy & sticky.   For one teacup of rice, 2 teaspoons of tomato paste should be enough. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:20:06 am »

Insh'Allah, I'm gonna make this either tomorrow or the day after, with tomato paste and maybe a little chilli sauce followed by rest of this recipe - excluding soya sauce cause no one in my household is too fond of soya sauce.   Let me write down the recipe in a piece of paper so I can keep it in the kitchen while I'm working  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:50:40 am »

Goodie good !!!!  teethsmile 

But sisters, with reference to Ruhi's recent post on risky caramel color used in coke, something similar is also used in soya sauce.  So, replace it with tomato paste to keep it risk-free.  Screw soya sauce  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Zeynab
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 04:11:33 am »

But sisters, with reference to Ruhi's recent post on risky caramel color used in coke, something similar is also used in soya sauce.  So, replace it with tomato paste to keep it risk-free.  Screw soya sauce  Grin

Very thoughtful advise Heba.  I too got spooked after reading that article.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 04:39:37 am »

Hah!  My colorful fried rice was a smashing success yesterday teethsmile Thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 04:41:22 am »

Really, congrats!  Cheesy  Did u follow the exact recipe or made any changes of your own.  I guess u might have omitted the soya sauce.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 04:45:59 am »

LOL ,, yeah didn't use soya sauce.  Instead used tomato paste and made chilli sauce with little chilli powder and 3 tsp white vinegar.  Instead of frozen peas  I used frozen peas & carrots half cup.  2 tsp tomato paste is just right for so much rice.  And I used 6 tbsp oil instead of 4 otherwise it seemed to be getting too dry.  Really tasted nice with a slight chinese flavor.  The chilli sauce & spring onions give that flavor.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 04:49:13 am »

MashAllah .. brilliant.  Now I fee confident too.  Menu for this weekend is decided.  I'll keep colorful ricee with some chicken masala curry for next weekend, InshAllah.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:16 am »

Aw!  u r very organized to decide the menus   so much in advance.  I usually decide late in the morning, sometimes afternoon what we're gonna eat for supper.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 04:55:52 am »

Nah sis, I'm not organized  Grin  normally I too decide in the morning or later.  But this weekend my husband is gonna fix some new blinds on few of the windows and I need to help him.  For that reason I decided ahead of time what to cook so I could bring the stuff on Friday .. there'll be no time to shop on the weekend.   And next weekend's menu I decided only after reading your success with this colorful rice Cheesy Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 04:58:00 am »

Aah!  okay ... hope the blinds fixing task goes well.  Sounds difficult.  Take care both of you, don't hurt yourself.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 05:01:05 am »

Thanks sis  Smiley  InshAllah it will go well.  Not difficult at all.  He has done it before, my husband is quite an expert in such jobs.  The blind brackets are there, only blinds need to be changed.  It's very easy.  Just a little awkward because blinds are so long.  That's why I need to help him to hold it from the other end.  That's all ..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: