(301) What was the prime duty of Prophet Muhammad (s)?
Only to convey the Message of Allah. (Verse 13:40).
(302) Which language did every messenger sent by Allah speak in?
Every messenger who was sent by Allah to convey His Message spoke the language of the people of their community. (Verse 14:4).
(303) What kind of clay are humans made of and what kind of fire are the jinn made of?
Humans are made of "potter's clay of black mud altered" and jinn are made of "essential fire." (Ref. V.15:26-27). "essential fire" is apparently same as "smokeless fire" as referred in Verse 55:15 of Surah Ar-Rehman.
(304) Does the Noble Quran mention of the concept of pearl being acquired from the sea?
Yes, it does. (Refer to Verse 16:14).
(305) Does the Noble Quran mention of the stars in the sky being of help to travelers for finding their way and tracking their path of direction?
Yes, it does. (Refer to Verse 16:16).
(306) Is it only Angel Gabriel who brings the commandments of Allah to His Prophets?
In the case of Prophet Muhammad (s) it was Angel Gabriel. But with some of the other Prophets it might have been some other angels. Only Allah knows best. Quoting Verse 16:2: "He sendeth down the angels with the Spirit of His command unto whom He will of His bondmen, (saying): Warn mankind that there is no God save Me, so keep your duty unto Me."
The Verse expresses the possibility of other angels as well being sent by Allah with His commandments. But as mentioned, only Allah knows best. This is not the kind of point to argue about.
(307) How many gates does Hellfire have?
It has seven gates. (Verse 15:43-44).
(308) Will the dwellers of Paradise be inclined to feel tired or exhausted?
No, never. (Refer to Verse 15:48).
(309) As per Quranic principles will it be right for a rich man to give away all his wealth to a poor man or slave?
No, the Noble Quran confirms that would not be right. First, a rich man who has acquired his wealth through his own hard work has a right to it along with his family. Secondly, giving away everything to a poor man or a slave might drive that poor person into a state of confusion as they would have no idea how to handle or manage that much wealth. Thus, the rich must help the poor with their wealth but not simply throw it all away by giving it to them. (Verse 16:71).
(310) Why do we not see all wrong doers being punished on earth?
Because all wrong doers and sinners who escape punishment on earth will face punishment on the Day of Judgment. (Verse 16:61).
(311) On the Day of Judgment will the disbelievers also bear the burdens of those whom they misled?
Yes, to some extent they will. (Verse 16:25).
(312) How easy is it for Allah to make a thing happen when He decides upon it?
When Allah decides upon something to happen, He only has to say "Be! and it is." (Verse 16:40 and many other verses).
(313) Is there a reference to cancerous illnesses in the Noble Quran?
Verse 16:47 which mentions "gradual wasting" could be a reference to cancerous illnesses. But only Allah knows best.
(314) Is it only humans who prostrate (perform sajood) before Allah?
Humans and all living beings and all angels prostrate before Allah. It also includes all plants. (Verse 16:48-50).
(315) Is the Jewish religious day of Sabbath mentioned in the Noble Quran?
Yes, it is. (Refer V.16:124).
(316) Which member of Prophet Abraham's (pbuh) family settled in Makkah?
Ishmael (or Ismail).
(317) Which Surah mentions of Prophet Muhammad (s) being carried from Makkah to Jerusalem at the start of the journey of Meraj?
Surah Bani Israel (Chapter 17), Verse 17:1.
(318) We know that love and respect for parents is very important in the Sight of Allah. Which parent does the Noble Quran command us to love more - mother or father?
The Noble Quran commands us to love both mother and father. The Quran makes no distinctions between parents.
(319) Does the Noble Quran condemn those who squander their wealth carelessly and recklessly?
Yes, it does. The Noble Quran refers to such squanderers as "brothers of the devils" (Refer to V.17:26-27).
(320) Concerning spending, what is the best course to follow?
The best course is the middle course. A person should neither be too miserly nor too extravagant. (Refer V.17:29).
(321) Does the Noble Quran inform us about the entire universe praising Allah Almighty?
Yes, it does. (Refer V.17:44).
(322) On the Day of Judgment when Allah Almighty will call us, how long will the duration between death and Resurrection seem to us?
It will seem like a little while, maybe an hour or two, or a day or two.
(323) To which community did Allah send the she-camel as a portent from Him?
Allah sent the she-camel to the community of Samood where Prophet Salih lived.
(324) What did the folks of Samood do to the she-camel?
They killed her through hostility because of which Allah punished them.
(325) Who are the sort of people whom Satan succeeds in deceiving?
Satan is able to deceive and tempt only those who have a weak faith or no faith at all and who make a friend of him. Satan has NO power over those people who have a strong faith and have grasped the guidance of Allah.
(326) Are humans the most preferred species created by Allah?
Yes, humans are the most preferred species created by Allah. (V.17:70).
For this reason humans are often known as ashraf-ul-maghlooqat.
(327) On the Day of Judgment when Allah calls us for questioning, how will we respond to His call?
We will respond by praising Him. (V.17:52).
(328) Were some Prophets more preferred than others in the Sight of Allah?
But this is between Allah and the various Prophets. As far as we are concerned, we must not make any distinctions between any of the Prophets.
(329) What was the name of the Divine Scripture given to Prophet David (Daud)?
Prophet David was given the Zaboor (or Psalms).
(330) What about those misguided people who call to other humans (their saints) or the angels for help? Do these have any power to help them?
No, not at all. Only Allah has the complete power to help. (V.17:56-57).
(331) Why do many sinners go unpunished in this world?
Because those ones will be made to pay for their sins on the Day of Judgment, the term for which has been appointed by Allah and none can change it. (V.16:61).
(332) Does Allah mention about the importance of the recital of the Noble Quran during Fajr (dawn)?
Yes, Allah does mention it. (V.17:78).
(333) What is the main purpose of our temporary earthly life?
It is a test of our conduct. (Refer V.18:7)
Please note: Our conduct automatically includes spiritual & practical conduct, that is to believe in One Allah only and to do righteous works.
(334) Who were those people whom Allah protected in the cave by making them sleep for a long time mentioned in Surah Al-Kahf?
They were a group of young men who believed in Allah only and thus Allah increased guidance for them. (V.18:10 and 13).
(335) Which animal did the young believing men in the cave have with them, apparently as a pet?
A dog. (V.18:18).
(336) Why were the young believing men protected by Allah in the cave?
Because they fled for refuge in the cave because they were believers in Allah only, and the people of the community where they lived were disbelievers. The believing men were afraid that they would be persecuted by the disbelievers.
(337) How many believing young men were there in the cave seeking protection from the persecution of disbelievers mentioned in Surah Al-Kahf?
Their exact number is known to Allah only. (V.18:23).
(338) For how long did the believing men stay in the cave .. were they in the cave for 309 years?
Only Allah knows the exact period of time they stayed in the cave. (V.18:26-27).
(339) Does the Noble Quran mention the necessity for us of saying "Insh'Allah" when we talk about future plans or doing anything in future?
YES, the Noble Quran surely makes it obligatory for us to say "Insh'Allah." (V.18:24).
(340) Is Satan of the jinn or was he formerly of the angels?
Satan is of the jinn (Refer Verse 18:51). Satan was never of the angels. The Quran does not say anything to presume that. This unfounded notion comes from the altered Bibles.
(341) What will be one of the outfits of the righteous dwellers of Paradise?
Green robes of finest silk and gold embroidery and armlets of gold. (V.18:32).
Similar descriptions are given in other verses too.
(344) What will the disobedient be showered with in Hellfire?
They will be showered with molten lead which will burn their faces.
(345) When Prophet Moses traveled with one of Allah's slaves who told him not to ask any questions, what were the 3 things he did about which Moses could not stop himself from asking questions from him?
The 3 things that traveller did were:1)
made a hole in the ship2)
he slew a young man3)
he repaired a wall that was falling into ruin free of cost
(346) Why did that slave of Allah with whom Moses was traveling do those 3 things?
He did these 3 things at the command of Allah.1)
he made a hole in the ship because it belonged to some poor people and the ruler of that community was taking all ships by force. Making a hole in it would stop the ruler from taking it.2)
the young lad killed was a disbeliever and his parents were believers. The parents feared that he would oppress them.3)
the broken wall belonged to two orphans who had a righteous father. There was a treasure hidden beneath that wall belonging to the orphans which they were to inherit after coming to adulthood.
(347) Who is this person with whom Prophet Moses is traveling, as mentioned in Surah Al-Kahf?
We only know from Quranic information that he is a believing slave of Allah.
(348) For how long does the Noble Quran instruct mothers to breastfeed their babies?
The Quran instruct that babies must be breastfed up to 2 or 2 and half years, that is, up to the time when babies are 24 months or 30 months, maximum. (Refer Verses 2:233 and 46:15).
(349) Who were Gog and Magog (or Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj
We are not sure of their exact identity. Gog and Magog as mentioned in V.18:94 could have been either two individuals or a tribe or a community of people. But what we do know is that they were forces who were spreading destruction. Refer V.18:94 onward.
(350) Who helped to protect the people from the tyranny of Gog and Magog?
Dhu'l-Qarneyn helped to protect them by building a barrier between them with iron and molten copper. (V.18:94 onward).
(351) Who was Dhu'l-Qarneyn?
We cannot confirm who he was. The English translation for Dhul-Qurneyn is "the two-horned." There are different opinions among people as to who Dhul-Qurneyn was. Some say that he was probably Alexander the great while others think he could be Cyrus the great, an ancient king of Persia. But needless to say, these are only speculations. Those matters that have not been disclosed by the Almighty Allah in the Noble Quraan should be left alone and not fabricated.
(352) What was the name of the son of Zakaria (or Zachariah)?
The son of Zakaria was Yahya (John). Refer V.19:7.
(353) How old were Zakaria and his wife when John was born?
We don't know their exact age but we do know that they were very old. (V.19:3-9).
(354) What was the token that Allah appointed for Zakaria to follow regarding this inspiration of bestowing a son to Zakaria in his old age?
The token was not to speak to mankind for 3 nights. (V.19:10).
(355) Was Yahya (John) a Prophet?
Yes he was. (V.19:12-15).
(356) When did the messenger (or angel) sent by Allah inform Virgin Maryam that she was to have a faultless son, Essa son of Virgin Maryam?
The angel informed Virgin Maryam when she had withdrawn from her people choosing seclusion in a chamber facing East. (V.19:16-19).
(357) What was Virgin Maryam's reaction when the angel informed her that she was to have a faultless son?
She was very surprised because she was completely chaste and no mortal man had touched her. But the angel told her that his birth was the command of Allah (that is, a miracle birth), a thing already ordained. When Allah orders a thing to happen, He only has to say "Be, and it is." (V.19:20-21 and V.19:35).
(358) When Virgin Maryam felt the pangs of childbirth, where did she go?
The pangs of childbirth drove her to a palm tree and there was a rivulet below it. She was told to shake the trunk of the palm tree for the dates to fall and drink fresh water from the rivulet. (19:23-26).
(359) How could a woman at the verge of giving birth be strong enough to shake something as tough as the trunk of a palm tree?
It was by the will and command of Allah. She didn't really or literally have to shake the trunk of the palm tree. All she might have been needed to do was simply to touch the trunk symbolically for the dates to fall.
(360) When Virgin Maryam experienced the pangs of childbirth what was she commanded to do in regard to other humans?
She was commanded not to speak to any mortal at that time. (V.19:26).
(361) Why is Virgin Maryam referred to as "sister of Aaron" in Verse 19:28?
We can presume two reasons for it. First, it's possible that Virgin Maryam had a brother named Aaron. The second reason could be a generic reference to the Hebrew lineage of the family of Prophet Moses and his brother, Aaron, who was also a Prophet. But only Allah knows best.
(362) Did Prophet Essa, son of Virgin Maryam, speak from the cradle?
YES, he did. (V.19:29-36).
(363) Who were the two sons of Prophet Abraham (Ibraheem)?
The two sons of Prophet Abraham were Ishmael (Ismail) and Isaac (Ishaq) both of whom were also Prophets. (V.19:50 and 19:54).
(364) Who was the son of Prophet Isaac?
Prophet Jacob (Yakob).
(365) Who was the son of Prophet Jacob?
Prophet Josef (Yosef).
(366) Who was Prophet Yosef's great-grandfather?
(367) Who was the brother of Prophet Moses?
(368) Was Aaron also a Prophet?
(369) Will everyone get to watch Hellfire on the Day of Judgment?
Yes, everyone. And then Allah will rescue the believers and leave the evil doers crouching in Hell. (V.19:71-72).
(370) What is the holy valley of Tuwa?
It's the place where Allah spoke to Moses and commanded him to remove his shoes. (V.20:12).
(371) What did Moses have in his hand when Allah called out to him in the holy valley of Tuwa?
Moses had in his hand a staff (or stick) used for leaning upon and for beating down the braches for his sheep. (V.20:17-18).
(372) What were the two tokens that Allah showed to Pharaoh through Moses?
The two tokens were: (1) Moses's staff turning into a gliding serpent (or snake) when he threw it down and (2) Moses was ordered to thrust his hand into his armpit and it came out looking white with brightness. (V.20:19-22).
(373) When Allah commanded Moses to go to Pharaoh with Allah's tokens, what was the request of Moses?
Moses requested Allah to enable him to speak fluently to Pharaoh and Moses also requested to allow him to take his brother, Aaron, with him as help. Allah granted Moses his requests. (V. 20:27-31).
(374) Was Moses brought up as a child at the house of Pharaoh?
(375) How did Moses happen to be brought up at the house of Pharaoh?
Allah Almighty inspired Moses' mother to put him in the ark and put the ark in the river. The ark floated near the bank of the river from where the people of Pharaoh's household picked and adopted Moses when he was a baby. (V.20:38-39).
(376) How did Allah restore Moses back to his mother to nurse him when he was still a child?
When those of Pharaoh's household picked Moses from the ark at the river bank, Moses' sister saw it and told the people of Pharaoh's household that she knew someone who could nurse Moses (meaning her mother and his mother). She did not tell them that she was his sister. (V.20:40).
(377) After leaving Pharaoh's household as a grown-up man, where did Moses live for many years before being sent to Pharaoh with Allah's tokens?
Moses lived in Midian for several years. (V.20:40).
(378) Describe in your own words the cycle of life as defined in the Noble Quran.
Allah has created us of earth, then He returns us to earth and then He brings us to life a second time. (V.20:55).
(379) What was the reaction of the wizards of Pharaoh when Prophet Moses showed them the portents of Allah?
The were overwhelmed and became believers, prostrating before Allah and not being afraid of Pharaoh any longer. (V.20:69-73).
(380) What food did Allah send from the sky for Bani Israel?
The manna and the quails. (V.20:80).
(381) When Prophet Moses went to receive the Divine Commandments from Allah, who led the people astray in the absence of Moses?
As-Samiri led Bani Israel astray in the absence of Prophet Moses. (V.20:85).
(382) What did Bani Israel start to worship in the absence of Prophet Moses?
They started to worship a calf made with their golden ornaments. (V.20:88).
(383) When Prophet Moses returned to his people and saw them worshiping the golden calf, what was his reaction?
Prophet Moses was very angry and then he ordered them to destroy the golden calf by burning it. (V.20:97-98 and preceding Verses).
(384) What was the first reaction of Adam and his wife after they disobeyed Alllah's order by eating from the forbidden tree?
Soon after their disobedience, their shame became apparent to them and they began covering themselves with the leaves of the Garden. (V.20:121).
(385) Can any person intercede on behalf of another person before Allah?
NO, there can be NO intercessions in the presence of Allah, unless Allah gives the permission to someone to intercede.
(386) Which is the only unforgivable sin in the Hereafter that Allah has confirmed in the Noble Quran?
A disbeliever in Monotheism (Tawheed) who dies in a state of disbelief will never be forgiven in the Hereafter and all his / her practical deeds will be rendered useless.
(387) When the Noble Quran says that every living thing is made of water, what does it mean?
It means that every living being on earth needs water to survive. And Allah knows best.
(388) Before the Last Day comes, will there be any warning signs for it?
NO, there will be no warning signs. The Last Day will come suddenly, unawares and will stupefy everyone. (V.21:40).
(389) When Prophet Abraham destroyed the idols worshiped by the pagans, what lesson did he teach them?
Prophet Abraham made their foolishness of worshiping idols obvious to them. Abraham destroyed their idols and only left the chief idol. When the people came asking who destroyed their idols, Abraham told them the chief destroyed them and to question him. The people were embarrassed and felt ashamed as it became obvious to them that idols are only lifeless and inanimate stone images. It was only their stubbornness and pride that made them rebellious and persist in their sin. (V.21:55:64).
(390) How did Allah Almighty save Prophet Abraham when the people of his community tried to burn him?
By the command of Allah Almighty the fire which they lit to burn Prophet Abraham turned into "coolness and peace." (V.21:69).
(391) Who is referred to in the Noble Quran as "Dhu'n Nun" ?
Yunus (or Jonah).
(392) Who was the son of Zakaria (or Zachariah)?
John (or Yahya).
(393) Does the Noble Quran mention of Gog and Magog (Ya jooj and Ma jooj) emerging on the Last Day?
Yes, it does. (V.21:95-97).
(394) Is the emergence of Gog and Magog a warning sign of the Last Day?
NO, it's not a warning sign. Emergence of Gog and Magog will be on the arrival of the Last Day coming suddenly when the disbelievers will be terrified with no more time to make amends. (V.21:95-97).
(395) Does the Noble Quran mention about tawaf
(or circumambulation) around the Kaa'ba?
Yes, it does. (V.22:26).
(396) Does the Noble Quran mention about performing ruku
(bowing and prostrating) during worship to Allah?
Yes, it does. (V.22:26).
(397) Does the Noble Quran command us to perform the Pilgrimage (Hajj)?
Yes it does. (V.22:27).
(398) Does the Noble Quran command us to sacrifice cattle for food to the poor as one of the practices of Hajj?
Yes, it does. (V.22:28).
(399) Is the practice of mentioning the name of Allah before slaughtering the animal for food obligatory for all nations at all times?
Yes, it is. (V.22:34).
(400) Is the meat of camel Halal as food?
Yes, it is. (V.22:36).