Guests wanting to sign-up as members MUST first introduce themselves in detail at Zainab's Lounge, accessible from Muslim Villa's Guestbook Board (top sticky post). Approval of members is at the discretion of the MV Team. You have arrived at a place of serious learning through mutual consultation of MV Team where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Sublime Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism."
Muslim Villa
June 22, 2018, 06:31:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Heart-breaking dialogue between Nuh (a) and his son: Sura Hud 42-44

+-
Shoutbox
June 08, 2018, 08:49:28 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Leilatul Qadr 1439 (2018) on June 8. To learn about this great Night, read our posts on Leilatul Qadr @ this thread.
May 16, 2018, 04:03:41 am Ruhi_Rose: Ramadan Mubarak to u too brother and to everyone.  May Allah accept our efforts.  Ameen.
May 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am N. Truth Seeker: Ramadan 2018 Mubarak to all.  Just finished sahoor, getting ready for Fajr.  Alhumdulilah.
November 09, 2017, 04:26:36 am Heba E. Husseyn: Please pray for Rohingya children. As genocide in Buddhist Burma continues, many Rohingya children arriving in Bangladesh camps don't know where their parents are. May the Burmese murderer-terrorist Su Kyi rot in Hell.
June 21, 2017, 07:42:01 am Zeynab: Shukran sis Heba.  Allah Bless. Ameen.
June 21, 2017, 07:39:56 am Heba E. Husseyn: Leialtul Qadr Mubarak.  For details on Leilatul Qadr please read MV post Leila-tul-Qadr
May 04, 2017, 05:35:01 am N. Truth Seeker: Alhumdulilah, Alhumdulilah.  Still 22 days left.  InshAllah we can thank Allah for granting us the opportunity to experience another of this blessed month for the betterment of our souls.  Thanks for mentioning Sister.
May 04, 2017, 05:20:37 am Ruhi_Rose: I can hardly keep track with the speed at which time flies.  Ramadan 2017 only 22 days away!
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heart-breaking dialogue between Nuh (a) and his son: Sura Hud 42-44  (Read 359 times)
Muhammad

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 28, 2012, 02:11:35 pm »

salamem

I uploaded a few gems from Quran with Abdel Haleem's translation on. As many of you suggested to use Pickthall's translation, I will do it from next time inshallah. 

Recitation: Youssef Abkar
English Translation: MAS Abdel Haleem

Report Spam   Logged

‘Our Lord, give us good in this world and in the Hereafter, and protect us from the torment of the Fire.’  Quran 2:201

Social Buttons

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:06:02 pm »

That was beautiful.  I think the Message it contains is even stronger in modern times especially nowadays when the trend of Muslims immigrating to the West has gotten so common. Parents often downplay the importance of faith to please their children who have assimilated in non-believing culture.  They need to learn from Prophet Noah (pbuh) - the firmness of his character to recognize what's right and not be distracted by his heart.  Following the verses in the recitation of this video, Verses.11:45-47, are also very moving where for a moment Prophet Noah gives in to his fatherly sentiments for his son and asks Allah Almighty "My Lord! Lo! my son is of my household!"  and Allah Almighty replies to him by reprimanding him "O Noah! Lo! he is not of thy household; lo! he is of evil conduct, so ask not of Me that whereof thou hast no knowledge. I admonish thee lest thou be among the ignorant."  And Prophet Noah immediately understands and humbly asks Allah to forgive him for his unthinking request saying "My Lord! Lo! in Thee do I seek refuge (from the sin) that I should ask of Thee that whereof I have no knowledge. Unless Thou forgive me and have mercy on me I shall be among the lost." 

Indeed it's heart throbbing .. it teaches us so much.  Praise be to You, ya Allah.

Thank you so much br. Muhammad. I loved watching this. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: