Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 07:54:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Strong Disbelief culture ( concept of waseela/ seeking /tawassul )

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Strong Disbelief culture ( concept of waseela/ seeking /tawassul )  (Read 4745 times)
muslima

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:26:59 am »

BismEm

salam to all .I hope and pray everyone doing good  Smiley

with the reference of Quran verse 5:35 and discussion we had in a gathering regarding the misinterpretation of "waseela " i would like to take full advantage of this educative forum for futher feedback . In Quranic view every act which carries slightest element of being equal or greater than Allah it completely destroy the faith but verbal and practical weakness of faith has shake my mind when i heard someone to seeking waseela ..

Q: My question so how could we seek waseela ? We can't invoke anybody's name in our prayers also nor prophet neither awliya ??

Surah Al- Midah 5:35

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَابْتَغُوا إِلَيْهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُوا فِي سَبِيلِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo ittaqoo Allaha waibtaghoo ilayhi alwaseelata wajahidoo fee sabeelihi laAAallakum tuflihoona

O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah, and seek the way of approach (Arabic: wasilata) unto Him, and strive in His way in order that ye may succeed. 5:35

WASEELA for TAWASUL (Arabic: توسل‎) literally meaning is seeking closeness to make a request or supplicate through a mean ,some other meaning that has been mentioned in arabic to urdu dictionary are Rasta (way),Zaria (way for seeking closeness).In Quranic terms it means seeking closeness to Allah.We all wish to approach/ seek Waseela to Allah. Obviously, if we are closer to Allah, we will enjoy numerous benefits in this life and the hereafter. If Allah is happy with us He will protect us from the challenges of this life, and in general, we can enjoy a better life it is clear that the 'Waseela' in 5:35 is only a reference to a means by which one come close to a thing, (which is correct in it's true definition and Quranic way)  but unfortunately this beautiful verse is distorted by the misinterpretation via so called our ulema ,haditht,scholars  etc and the chain of illiteracy further goes on .First misguided practice is to ask Allah through the name of Allah’s prophets(pbuh) such as saying, “O Allah, I ask You by virtue of Your Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) This is allowed by some of the ‘ulma’s WHY ????

here come the false story !!

Hafidhh Ibn Taymiyyah writes: When Adam (Alay hissalaam) made a mistake, he made Du'a like this: ' O Allah forgive my mistake with the Waseela of Muhammad, (May Allah bless him and grant him peace).Allah asked the Prophet Adam peace be upon him, (rhetorically) how he knew about Muhammad, (May Allah bless him and grant him peace)

Adam, peace be upon him, answered “when you created me, I lifted my head and saw: (LA ILA HA ILLALLAHU MUHAMMDUR RASU LULLAH) written on the throne. Therefore I knew that this person must be of a very high status. Other wise you would not have written his name with yours. Allah Ta'ala then said I have forgiven you. He will be the last Messenger in your children and I have created you because of him. The second narration is when Allah Ta'ala created the Sky, and the Earth. He wrote our Prophet Muhammad's, (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) name on the pillars of the throne and on the doors of paradise, and on the leafs of the trees in Paradise. It was written that Muhammad (My Allah bless him and grant him peace) would be the last Prophet. In addition to both of these narrations, are counter proofs for one another. They have the status as authentic narrations.
["Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya vol. 2 page 150" also Tareekh Ibn Kathir in Story of Adam]

this statement left me speechless  Lips Sealed

Many Muslims belive on this false story and  take the following verse in the Quran as a support for the concept that 'Waseela' through intermediary individuals is permissible  Undecided  This verse is then used as a conduit into Islamic secondary sources which cast this concept into stone.Hadith and its partners founded the shirk after the death  prophet Muhammad(pbuh) this Heathenish culture were spread in ummah via faithless folks build the concept of waseela Through Tawassul many Muslims seeks nearness to Allah and ask for acceptance for their dua to Allah By Request to a Pious person who is alive for making dua it increse the chances of one’s dua or supplications are better accepted,some faithless folks and sinner mostly (who know they are guilty ) don't even hesitate to ask waseela if pious people died as source of salvation rather than asking help to Allah personally. It has indeed always happened that when some true and pious servant of Allah died,some people declared him after his death as a‘Wali’ and shared Allah's Rights with this departed person! ! Allah Alone is All-Hearing, but some ignorant people shared this Noble Attribute of Allah with their Awliyas and started falsely assuming that those buried in their graves can hear and respond to their supplications and invocations,Again Here hadith play a big role (hadith concept soul return in to grave for nonsense of grave punishment and so pious people live happy in their bright grave and so on ) and this is precisely what is termed ‘shirk’ in the Noble Quran and it would be nothing but ignorance, foolishness and indeed an insult if one were to leave the Guidance of Allah and His Messenger.

Q: Who are awliya in Quran ?

Simple Quranic view of Awliya

'Awliya' is the plural of the word 'wali' which basically means a friend or a patron!!

No place to Misinterpreted this verse 10:62

أَلَا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاءَ اللَّهِ لَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

Ala inna awliyaa Allahi la khawfun AAalayhim wala hum yahzanoona

Lo! verily the friends of Allah are (those) on whom fear (cometh) not, nor do they grieve? 10:62

awliya Allah (friend of Allah )

Those who believe and keep their duty (to Allah). 10:63

Theirs are good tidings in the life of the world and in the Hereafter - There is no changing the Words of Allah - that is the Supreme Triumph.10:64

Allah described His awliya’ (close friends) as having two characteristics: faith and Taqwa (piety, awareness of Allah). Believers, fear Allah and look for ways to get close to Him and struggle in His way.Allah says (interpretation of the meaning for believers who  fear Allah NOt for speacial product of saints ) 

Surah Baqarah verse 257

اللَّهُ وَلِيُّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا يُخْرِجُهُم مِّنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَوْلِيَاؤُهُمُ الطَّاغُوتُ يُخْرِجُونَهُم مِّنَ النُّورِ إِلَى الظُّلُمَاتِ أُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

Allahu waliyyu allatheena amanoo yukhrijuhum mina alththulumati ila alnnoori waallatheena kafaroo awliyaohumu alttaghootu yukhrijoonahum mina alnnoori ila alththulumati ola-ika as-habu alnnari hum feeha khalidoona

Allah is the Protecting Guardian(Wali) of those who believe. He bringeth them out of darkness into light. As for those who disbelieve, their patrons(awliya) are false deities. They bring them out of light into darkness. Such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein.

surah Baqarah verse 107

أَلَمْ تَعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ

Alam taAAlam anna Allaha lahu mulku alssamawati waal-ardi wama lakum min dooni Allahi min waliyyin wala naseerin

Knowest thou not that it is Allah unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and ye have not, beside Allah, any guardian or helper? 'Wali' (patron)

worship others than Allah, also such as Prophets and “awliya’” / saints, living or dead is shirk .. peoples  believe that awliya (kind of siants are greater in the world to whom Allah has given the power to run the affairs of the universe.. Angry

awliya / pious people close to Allah may Granted some wisdom But None, can not  be claim to have gnosis and knowledge of the unseen .

Allah says in Quran!

Say (O Muhammad): None in the heavens and the earth knoweth the Unseen save Allah; and they know not when they will be raised (again). [al-Naml 27:65]

The Awliya/people close to Allah claim to be that they can see Allah in this life, but the Quran shows them to be liars. Allah says !!

No vision can grasp Him.

Moses said:My Lord! Show me (Thy Self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said: Thou wilt not see Me,[al-A’raaf 7:143]

Vision comprehendeth Him not, but He comprehendeth (all) vision.6:103

In Quran Allah strictly forbid choosing protecting friends(awliya) beside Him !!

أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاءَ مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَا إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفَىٰ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِي مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ كَاذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ

la lillahi alddeenu alkhalisu waallatheena ittakhathoo min doonihi awliyaa ma naAAbuduhum illa liyuqarriboona ila Allahi zulfa inna Allaha yahkumu baynahum fee ma hum feehi yakhtalifoona inna Allaha la yahdee man huwa kathibun kaffarun

Surely pure religion is for Allah only. And those who choose protecting friends beside Him (say): We worship them only that they may bring us near unto Allah. Lo! Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Lo! Allah guideth not him who is a liar, an ingrate.39:3

أَفَحَسِبَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَن يَتَّخِذُوا عِبَادِي مِن دُونِي أَوْلِيَاءَ إِنَّا أَعْتَدْنَا جَهَنَّمَ لِلْكَافِرِينَ نُزُلًا

Afahasiba allatheena kafaroo an yattakhithoo AAibadee min doonee awliyaa inna aAAtadna jahannama lilkafireena nuzulan

Do the disbelievers reckon that they can choose My bondmen as protecting friends beside Me? Lo! We have prepared hell as a welcome for the disbelievers.18:102

we should seek only Allah’s help.!!

Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help. 1:5

And your Lord hath said: Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer. 40:60

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright.2:186

We verily created man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.50:16

Allah Almighty the most highest , our Lord All-Knowing All-Wise  Himself Declares in His  Book of truth The Noble Quran!! He is near by  to all His sincerely believing slave  . He is closer to man than man’s very own jugular vein  !!!! thus Quranic terms '' Waseela '' means seeking closeness to Allah (Waseela/approch to Him) But In understanding of Wseela and Tawassul is not synonymous to these terms and their literal meaning. ?

73:19 is a confirmation of waseela 5:35

Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord.73:19

Quran is Only way to approch Allah. Ur opinion guys ? any correction ??
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

muslima

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:29:38 am »

I don't know why paint bucket not responding ? pic will upload later inshallah
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:10:14 am »

Walaikum Salam.   MashAllah sister Muslima, you have elucidated this very important topic superbly.  It was a pleasure reading it.

O God!  this hadith of Ibn Taymiyah is 100% kufur.  I had never read it before.  Indeed sis, it leaves me speechless too.

Allah knows everything.  He is the All-Powerful, All-Knowing and apart from Him no one knows the unseen as confirmed in many Verses including V.27:65 as you quoted.  Allah knows all of what existed before the creation of earth and the universe, and he knows when the earth and universe will be destroyed, he knows what will happen after that and he knows everything of what's happening in this earth from the day He created it until the Last Day.  If Adam had secretly acquired some information which belonged to the domain of Allah only, first of all, it's impossible for Adam or anyone to have done that without the will of Allah.  Secondly, even if Adam came to know something on his own, it could NEVER remain hidden from Allah.  Allah would know it in a fraction of a second .. just the way He immediately came to know when Adam and his wife ate from the forbidden tree.  And thirdly of course,  this Hadith is 100% illogical and false.  Even the mere idea of such a story is NOT contained in the Quran nor is it compatible with Quranic values.   The second narration is equally false.

Closeness to Allah is to be acquired directly on the basis of our iman, sincere love for Allah and good deeds.  We don't need anyone to bring us close to Allah .. not even the Prophets.  There is no such concept in the Quran and this culture / mentality is totally unacceptable to Allah.  That's completely confirmed in the Quran.  Anyone who even tries to argue about it is a disbeliever in the commandments of the Quran and a disbeliever  in Tawheed.  Let such people bear the burden of their own sins.  They will have lots of questions to answer in the Hereafter when they stand before Allah.  No matter how pious any person might be, no one is needed as a middle-man for gaining closeness to Allah.  Every person has the entitlement to approach Allah, to talk to Allah, to beg Allah for mercy, forgiveness and His bounty and to reflect upon the Greatness of Allah.  We do not need any person, pious or not, for gaining access to Allah.  We can manage it perfectly well ourselves.  Our only prerequisite is sincerity towards Allah.

The Prophet could pray for the welfare of believers to Allah.  That's a different matter .. just the way we ask our family and friends to pray for us.   And it's entirely up to Allah whether or not to their prayers.

As in Verse 10:62 the expression "awliya" or "friends of Allah" refers to sincere believers, who genuinely love Allah, believe in Him and trust Him to the fullest.  A friend of Allah doesn't necessarily have to be a famous or well-known person nor necessarily an ulema or scholar or an imam.  Even a poor beggar can be a friend of Allah, depending on his level of piety and sincerity.  But NO one can be used as waseela regardless of social status.

All the verses you quoted are excellent examples to prove that the Noble Quran totally rejects all concepts of seeking closeness to Allah through others.  Our approach to Allah must be direct and we must look to Him alone.

Many thanks for your great analysis my sister.  May Allah bless you for your firm hold on Tawheed.  This is the foundation of Faith and without it everything else is rendered pointless.   
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:12:16 am »

I don't know why paint bucket not responding ? pic will upload later inshallah

Any problem here?
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 04:29:46 am »

Excellent post sis Muslima.   Absolutely no doubt sis, the only way to approach Allah is through the Quran .. which means through our readings of the Quran and through our own remembrance, iman and love of Allah.

This ibn Taimiyah is a real bugger.  He should have been given a sound beating for writing such horrible lies.  Anyone who considers this man an "ulema" is just as big a kaffir as him.  There's no way this man can be called a Muslim or a submitter.  Submitters or Muslims never talk like this.

Many thanks my sis.  I too enjoyed this post immensely.  And the Quranic verses you quoted with your analysis made it just so very beautiful.  May Allah forever shower the wealth of His guidance on us.  Ameen, ameen ya Allah.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 04:37:41 am »

And .... Sister Muslima .. whenever you get the time please post those 2 false narrations of ibn Taimiyah in our hadith section here to further expose the shaitaani of the hadith literature.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

Exactly ! agree no need for any middle men ! thank u so much for ur appreciation and  valuable feedback My dear sister's !! heba sis  and sis ruhi jazak Allah khair.  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 01:48:23 pm »

And .... Sister Muslima .. whenever you get the time please post those 2 false narrations of ibn Taimiyah in our hadith section here to further expose the shaitaani of the hadith literature.

sure sis i will check inshAllah Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »

web was not responding sis now problem fixed   !!

Is This Islam ?? Stop committing Shirk this is Not the religion of ibrahim(pbuh) !!

Lo! Allah forgiveth not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him. He forgiveth (all) save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners to Allah, he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin.4:48

Angry Angry Angry  !!!!

Quran verse tells us that anyone besides Allah we call on cannot listen to us whether the person is alive or dead . Even if he was to hear he would not be able to do anything for us .According to the Quran they cannot listen to us !

Thou canst not reach those who are in the graves 35:22

Lo! thou canst not make the dead to hear27:80

If ye pray unto them they hear not your prayer, and if they heard they could not grant it you. On the Day of Resurrection they will disown association with you. None can inform you like Him Who is Aware 35:15

Waseela FOr what ??
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:16:16 pm »

Wa'Salaam and many thanks sister Muslima.  JazekAllah khair my sister.  I agree with your post 110% and the complete rejection of all waseela or intermediary.  The comparisons you have made through these pictures very clearly display the evidence of how the Muslims have deviated, following the culture of the kuffar pagan hindus and also the kuffar pagan Qureysh before the spread of Islam. 

Sister Heba, I also appreciate your commentary on Sister Muslima's write up.  Yes sisters, such culture of waseela is a complete practice of disbelief, kufur or shirk which is an unforgivable sin in the Sight of Allah. 

The Muslims of Pakistan and India have an added disadvantage of getting influenced by the hindu culture.  It's really sad and shameful.  These pictures of people doing sajood before their spiritual leaders seems to be from Pakistan.  Sister Muslima, would you know who these spiritual leaders are?

It's okay to visit the graves of our loved ones to recite Fatiha.  But the Fatiha must be addressed to none else except Allah alone.  If anyone makes a du'a at the site of the grave of a family member, relative or friend, then that du'a must be addressed directly and only to Allah by looking up in the sky.

Btw, I will InshAllah post Ibn Taymiyyah's hadith on the hadith section with reference of Sister Muslima's findings. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »

Very informative and well researched information.  Very important, rather vital, information for all true believers.  Beware, wasila is unforgivable KUFR!

Thank you sisters Muslima and Heba.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 09:28:18 am »

U are most welcome jazak Allah kahir, bro and  sis zeynab Smiley

In first pic it's famous shaitan Tahir-ul-qadri,i asked u about him and his long march ?  !! shaykh ul islam  Dr Tahir ul Qadri ''
???

Rest 2 pic are snapshots from videos they are local peers in pakistan i don't know much about them and one i got from google images to show the performance of shirk .

These are video links !

1:

shirk ki inteha muslmano main shame !!

2:

open-shirk-in-pakistan.mp4

Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 09:33:37 am »

It's okay to visit the graves of our loved ones to recite Fatiha.  But the Fatiha must be addressed to none else except Allah alone.  If anyone makes a du'a at the site of the grave of a family member, relative or friend, then that du'a must be addressed directly and only to Allah by looking up in the sky.

Btw, I will InshAllah post Ibn Taymiyyah's hadith on the hadith section with reference of Sister Muslima's findings. 

correct i agree with u visiting grave is fine, good idea i will check in hadith section also thanks alot sis Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 08:16:01 pm »

Thank you for the information dear sister Muslima.
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 02:57:05 pm »

Smiley my pleasure sis zeynab .
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: