Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
April 20, 2024, 06:23:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The kufur of Ibn Taymiyah teaching the culture of waseela

+-
Shoutbox
April 02, 2024, 07:27:22 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Details on Leila tul Qadr every Ramadan, links HERE.
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The kufur of Ibn Taymiyah teaching the culture of waseela  (Read 1048 times)
Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:24:45 pm »

Taken from Sister Muslima's recent post titled Strong Disbelief culture ( concept of waseela/ seeking /tawassul ), the following are two narrations from Ibn Taymiyah who claimed to be a 12th century Muslim scholar, theologian and logician. 

His first narration preaches the culture of waseela or seeking an intermediary in the worship of Allah, which means,  using a middle person to gain closeness to Allah.  Any sincere Muslim or submitter would know that this culture amounts to shirk and is totally forbidden in the Noble Quran. 

Both the first and second narrations promote concepts and stories that are flatly forbidden (Haram) in the Noble Quran.  This is a glaring evidence of the extent of pathetic misguidance Ibn Taymiyyah had fallen into and only Allah knows how many people this dangerous and sinful man has already misguided. 

Quoting Ibn Taymiyyah from sister Muslima's post.

(1)  Hafidhh Ibn Taymiyyah writes: When Adam (Alay hissalaam) made a mistake, he made Du'a like this: ' O Allah forgive my mistake with the Waseela of Muhammad, (May Allah bless him and grant him peace).Allah asked the Prophet Adam peace be upon him, (rhetorically) how he knew about Muhammad, (May Allah bless him and grant him peace)

Adam, peace be upon him, answered “when you created me, I lifted my head and saw: (LA ILA HA ILLALLAHU MUHAMMDUR RASU LULLAH) written on the throne. Therefore I knew that this person must be of a very high status. Other wise you would not have written his name with yours. Allah Ta'ala then said I have forgiven you. He will be the last Messenger in your children and I have created you because of him.

(2)  The second narration is when Allah Ta'ala created the Sky, and the Earth. He wrote our Prophet Muhammad's, (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) name on the pillars of the throne and on the doors of paradise, and on the leafs of the trees in Paradise. It was written that Muhammad (My Allah bless him and grant him peace) would be the last Prophet. In addition to both of these narrations, are counter proofs for one another. They have the status as authentic narrations.

["Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya vol. 2 page 150" also Tareekh Ibn Kathir in Story of Adam]
UNQUOTE

And now, let me quote the Quranic verses sister Muslima very thoughtfully posted as a proof to absolutely refute Ibn Taymiyyah's narrations upheld by the writings of Ibn Kathir. 

"Knowest thou not that it is Allah unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and ye have not, beside Allah, any guardian or helper?"  (2:107) Al-Baqra. ['Wali' = patron].

"Surely pure religion is for Allah only. And those who choose protecting friends beside Him (say): We worship them only that they may bring us near unto Allah. Lo! Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Lo! Allah guideth not him who is a liar, an ingrate."  (39:3)  Az-Zumar.

"Do the disbelievers reckon that they can choose My bondmen as protecting friends beside Me? Lo! We have prepared hell as a welcome for the disbelievers."  (18:102) Al-Kahf.

"Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help."  (1:5)  Al-Fatiha.

"And your Lord hath said: Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer." (40:60)  Al-Mumin.

"And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright."  (2:186)  Al-Baqra.

"We verily created man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein."  (50:16)  Qaf.

"Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord." (73:19) Al-Muzzamil.

"Lo! Allah forgiveth not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him. He forgiveth (all) save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners to Allah, he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin."  (4:48) An-Nissa.

All above verses proved beyond all doubts that the idea of an intermediary or waseela or a middle-person to get close to Allah is a gross violation and shirk NOT accepted by Allah.  Allah is equally accessible to all His slaves, rich man or poor man, male of female.  The only requirement to get close to Allah is the person's own heart which should be sincere and humble with the desire to seek true guidance.  True guidance can be acquired only by reading and reflecting rationally without bias on the Message of the Noble Quran.  Thus, as Sister Muslima quite rightly mentioned, the ONLY way to acquire closeness to Allah is through the Quran. 

Furthermore ....

Allah is the All-Knowing.  None except HIM know the unseen.  That is the way it will be forever.  This point does not need a debate. 

Allah states in His Noble Final Message:

"Say (O Muhammad): None in the heavens and the earth knoweth the Unseen save Allah; and they know not when they will be raised (again)."  (27:65)  An-Naml.

"And with Him are the keys of the Invisible. None but He knoweth them. And He knoweth what is in the land and the sea. Not a leaf falleth but He knoweth it, not a grain amid the darkness of the earth, naught of wet or dry but (it is noted) in a clear record."  (6:59) Al-An'am.   

Quoting Sister Heba's comment of the same original post by Sister Muslima: "Allah knows everything.  He is the All-Powerful, All-Knowing and apart from Him no one knows the unseen as confirmed in many Verses including V.27:65 as you quoted.  Allah knows all of what existed before the creation of earth and the universe, and he knows when the earth and universe will be destroyed, he knows what will happen after that and he knows everything of what's happening in this earth from the day He created it until the Last Day.  If Adam had secretly acquired some information which belonged to the domain of Allah only, first of all, it's impossible for Adam or anyone to have done that without the will of Allah.  Secondly, even if Adam came to know something on his own, it could NEVER remain hidden from Allah.  Allah would know it in a fraction of a second .. just the way He immediately came to know when Adam and his wife ate from the forbidden tree.  And thirdly of course,  this Hadith is 100% illogical and false.  Even the mere idea of such a story is NOT contained in the Quran nor is it compatible with Quranic values.   The second narration is equally false.  Closeness to Allah is to be acquired directly on the basis of our iman, sincere love for Allah and good deeds.  We don't need anyone to bring us close to Allah .. not even the Prophets."

Why hasn't anyone as yet asked Ibn Taymiyyah the simple question that how did he know the name of Prophet Muhammad was written on the throne, doors and leafs of Paradise?  Allah does not say this in the Quran.  None of the Prophets knew the unseen.  There is no information significant enough for the world to know which Allah would only reveal to the Prophet and not to the rest of humanity through the Noble Quran.   Thus, Allah warns us NOT to accept anything of which we have no knowledge or for which He hasn't given us any warrant.

"(O man), follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge. Lo! the hearing and the sight and the heart - of each of these it will be asked."  (17:36)  Al-Isra or Bani Israeel.

So how did Ibn Taymiyyah know it, if not through his love for gossipy falsehood or his problem of hallucinations because of an unstable mind.

Ibn Taymiyyah was fully trapped inside the guile and temptations of Satan the outcast.  Beware of the writings of the so-called "sheikh-ul-Islam," all of which are in urgent need of being dumped into the garbage.   

Sheikh-ul-Shaitaan, Ibn Taymiyyah
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »

Yes, good idea to put it up separately in Hadith section by linking it with the detailed thread.  Thanks sister Zeynab.

Request to all guest readers to send this around please.
Report Spam   Logged

Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:58:12 pm »

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Report Spam   Logged

muslima

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »

salamem

Thumbsup  jazak Allah Very well written sis zeynab thanks ! yes it is so pathetic indeed,it's really upsets me this false notion of Prophet Adam (pbuh.) using the ‘waseela’ of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is absolutely against the guidance and teachings of the Noble Quran, where Allah has clearly and exactly mentioned what Prophet Adam (pbuh.) prayed in his supplication in seeking forgiveness from the Most  Merciful Lord

Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful.2:37

Quran verse says that Adam (pbuh) received words from Allah using which he asked for forgiveness, but the hadith says Adam (pbuh) on his own invented the words for forgiveness.

They said: Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If thou forgive us not and have not mercy on us, surely we are of the lost! 7:23

Quran verse  mentions the exact words which were said by Adam(pbuh) and Eve/Hawa to seek forgiveness but  hadith says that Adam (pbuh) took the waseela of Muhammad (pbuh). According to the hadith only Adam (pbuh) asked for forgiveness but as per th Quranic verse Adam(pbuh) and Eve/Hawa both asked for forgiveness.In light of the Noble Quran verses, it is clear that Prophet Adam (pbuh) learnt the exact words of the supplication from Allah and the Merciful Lord accepted their repentance and forgave them.Also worthy to note that Allah has mentioned about many prophets in Quran who came before Muhammad (pbuh) and never did any of the prophets take the waseela of Muhammad (pbuh) for forgiveness. If this type of tawasul/waseela was permissible or halal  then this would have been done by other prophets as well..but Ibn Taymiyyah so -called scholar has his own theory to misguided ummah for Kufur . Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.9:111
Heba E. Husseyn
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA Villa Artisan

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 04:41:54 am »

Walaikum Salam and thanks a lot for this additional piece, dear sis.  Very valuable information. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: