Registration of new members is currently closed. Guestbook opened for now.  Guests who have questions may post at our guestbook.  No lengthy debates please. Kindly note: MV is a place for serious learning through mutual consultation where we have zero tolerance for trouble-makers, narcissists and needless disputants. We simply stand for what is compatible with the Noble Quran regardless of titles such as "traditionalism" or "modernism." We have the right to our opinion just as you have the right to yours. All disagreements must be left at that. Final Judgement belongs to The Almighty.
MUSLIM VILLA - QURAN ONLY
March 28, 2024, 08:08:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Here are my daughters!" (Verses 11:78-79)

+-
Shoutbox
November 01, 2023, 03:44:32 pm Zainab_M: Allahhuma ameen .. ameen.
November 01, 2023, 03:43:43 pm Ruhi_Rose: Yes .. making lots of dua everyday ..... watching those real life video clips, my face feels wet with tears all the time.  May ALLAH grant the best to these wonderful, brave & steadfast martyrs,  Ameen ya Allah.
November 01, 2023, 03:38:26 pm Zainab_M: Keep praying, praying a lot for Gaza. It's worse than a prison .. it's a concentration camp.  Children as young as 10 or 11 are having to care for their younger siblings ages 2, 3 and 4 becoz many have lost both parents.  It's a very, very, very tearful situation there.
October 26, 2023, 03:40:19 pm N. Truth Seeker: Don't forget to look up MV Blog Zainab's Lounge for our Gaza updates.
October 20, 2023, 04:24:44 pm Zainab_M: Right sister Heba.  Gaza hospital bombing has the fingerprints of Israel all over it.  For Israel this is no big crime.  They have done this and much worse many times in the past and intend to do the same and worse many more times in near future.
October 20, 2023, 04:20:20 pm Heba E. Husseyn: Catching Zionist lies isn't hard. Soon after Gaza hospital bombing killing and maiming hundreds, Israel was quick to accuse Islamic Jihad of a misfired rocket.  That didn't sound plausible because IJ does not have such sophisticated bombing devices.  Zionist lie was fully exposed when anglican archbishop of Jerusalem,Hosam Naoum,  said today that 3 or 4 days prior to boming Israel had warned Gaza hospital to evacuate. Yet CIA claims in its flawed analysis that the rocket did not come from Israel.  But conveniently does not explain how Israel could have known 4 days earlier that a "misfired" rocket from IJ was coming.  Yet on the basis of this flawed & bias analysis of CIA, Biden is comforting Israel he believes Israel didn't do that war crimes bombing.
July 29, 2023, 03:02:07 am Zainab_M: Yesterday was Ashura, Muharram 10, 1444 (July 27, 2023).  Read about this very tragic day and details of the world's greatest 7th century revolutionary: WHO WAS HUSSEIN.
June 28, 2023, 09:48:39 am Zainab_M: Walaikum As Salaam.  This was the first Hajj open to all after the pandemic. It was attended by 2.6 million Muslims.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Here are my daughters!" (Verses 11:78-79)  (Read 302 times)
Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:01:21 pm »

BismAllah Ar Rehman Ar Raheem.  As-salam Alaykum wa Rehmatullah-e-wa barakatuhu.

So nice to step in here after a very long break.  ~~ sigh ~~  Smiley   Despite the amenities in modern life, running a full home can be so time consuming.  But Allah Almighty has His own ways of compensating everyone.  I thank Allah for bestowing on me a superbly loving and cooperative family!   Last evening I got a little extra time to relax as some members of my extended family dropped by for dinner - pot luck dinner Smiley - everyone cooking and bringing over one dish, so I had to cook just one dish too  Grin

During the get-together someone brought up a question on Verse 11:78-79 of Surah Hud.   The preceding Verses narrate the incident when Allah sent the angels (also called messengers) to warn the dwellers of the community of Prophet Lot who were indulging in the abominable act of same gender (homosexual) relationships.  Prophet Lot was very distressed because of their wrongdoing.  He had tried hard to guide them but they would not listen.  They were stubborn people who rejected righteous advise.   Quoting Verses 78 and 79 of Surah 11.

"And his people came unto him, running towards him - and before then they used to commit abominations - He said: O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of) my guests. Is there not among you any upright man ?  They said: Well thou knowest that we have no right to thy daughters, and well thou knowest what we want"

Regarding the above Verses, a relative of mine recounted an argument he had with a non-Muslim neighbor who stubbornly misunderstood them.  When Prophet Lot tells his people "Here are my daughters!"  .. many non-Muslims misinterpret it thinking that it means Prophet Lot was giving away his daughters to strangers out of wedlock.  Completely wrong.  It carries no such meanings nor any such references.  The misinterpretation is a result of reading the Quran with a biased or a closed mind.  When Prophet Lot tells his people "Here are my daughters!"  it means he was willing to give his daughters in marriage to them in a last bid attempt to guide them.  Prophet Lot wanted to bring back the correct practice of straight sexual orientation, that is, relationship to be only between man and woman through marriage.  Relationship between unmarried man and woman is not 'marriage,' it's fornication or adultery which is already strictly prohibited in the Quran.  NO Prophet in the world ever preached adultery nor fornication.  As for same gender relationship, it is COMPLETELY PROHIBITED as a practice so there's no question nor any concept of marriage at all.

As a result of their wrongdoing,  Allah destroyed the township of the people of Lot with the fury of hazardous weather, apparently a devastating storm .  Prophet Lot and his people who were righteous were saved as they were commanded to leave and travel away from that township, except Prophet Lot's wife.  She was not righteous and thus met the same fate as the wrongdoers of the community.  (Verses 11:81-83).

May the guidance and mercy of Allah reach all true believers with a quest for righteousness.  Ameen ya Allah.  You are The Greatest, The One and Only.  Allah-o-Akbar.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zainab_M
TEAM MV Founder
Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »

Walaikum Salaam dear sister Ruhi.  So nice to see you pop in here after many weeks.  Congratulation on the arrival of the beautiful little baby girl. May Allah Almighty grant the best to all members of your family.  Ameen.

Thank you for putting up this great piece.  You're right, unthinking readers of the Quran have misunderstood this line even though I always felt the meaning was very clear.  Your step by step analysis exposes the discrepancy of the misinterpretation still better.  A very wise clarification indeed.  Thanks again.  Take care.  Allah bless. 
Report Spam   Logged

N. Truth Seeker
Quiet guy technology nerd | TEAM MUSLIM VILLA

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:23:48 pm »

Allah bless you and your family sister Ruhi.  Thank you for this very interesting post.  I recall sometime ago one member of our discussion group had raised this question, not asking, but clarifying and confirming that it definitely means marriage.  Your analysis is very neat and helps further in conveying the truthful explanation.  InshAllah, I'll send it around.  Thanks again and As-salam Alaykum. 
Report Spam   Logged

Ruhi_Rose
TEAM MUSLIM VILLA The Avid Reader | Mom of 3 cute rascals

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:06:07 am »

Thank you sister and brother for your kind appreciation Smiley

Though my pop-ins at MV have gotten very infrequent because of the new arrival, all you guys are always in my thoughts & prayers.  Allah bless. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: